It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LookingIn
which are Northings and Eastings but this is way different that lat/lon and needs some fancy transformation assuming they're using UTM and not a different center point for the coordinate system.

I assumed they were as degree's, like ones one would put into Google and end up at a location.

Can I assume from you use of "center point", that the "location" that is given depends on the ship they come from, the ship being the center point?

Thanks for that info

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

Directions actually...on the BOA DEEP C 1...Upper left corner of the screen.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
on skandi rov1 perhaps they have the lights on bright so they can see the metal objects and their own rov's? Its mighty turbulant down there now.. wow.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I think we tend to think of an oil reservoir as a pool between rock layers when it's probably more like a saturated sponge, of either sand or shale. When the oil was gushing out, the pressure of the oil in the vicinity of the well dropped below that of oil further away. So, now, after the well casing filled up, the pressure of oil close to the well rises slowly (BP said about 2psi/hr) as it equalizes with the pressure of the oil farther from the well. If I were an artiste, I'd draw a diagram. At only 2psi/hr, they might as well "stick a fork in it" (i.e., call it done), or rather start letting oil flow to ships, until the relief well(s) is ready.

As far as why they don't just leave it capped, the whole BOP structure and addons is not a permanent solution. Valves and other parts would fail eventually and then we'd have Gulf Crisis Part Deux. They remove all this BOP stack structure when either the well is sealed or when they install a production structure.

[I'm not an oil man, so this is best I can explain it.]

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If there is "no oil leak" anymore, and oil isn't rising up from the sea floor, then why did Skandi ROV 1 just pick up a dispersant wand? I missed the wand in time for a screen shot so I guess it's my word against someone else
But before it goot very bright again, a vapor trail could be seen. It is/was holding the wand above the camera line. Was only in view for a few seconds.

For the last 20 minutes its been pretty clear...not so bright. It was clear enough for them to pick up the wand and go where...I have no idea.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
If there is "no oil leak" anymore, and oil isn't rising up from the sea floor, then why did Skandi ROV 1 just pick up a dispersant wand? I missed the wand in time for a screen shot so I guess it's my word against someone else

For the last 20 minutes its been pretty clear...not so bright. It was clear enough for them to pick up the wand and go where...I have no idea.

I thought I saw the same youre not crazy and it did look like dispersant was flowing and clouding everything but it is really bright...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

The standard system (UTM) is metres from the equator as the Northing, and metres from a particular line of latitude as the Easting, depending what part of the world you're in, ie: what UTM Zone. Search wikipedia for UTM, it explains it pretty good.

I've tried doing some of the math and I don't think the ROVs are displaying UTM N/E coordinates, the N is too large. 1 deg of latitude is about 110km or 110,000m so with Deep Water Horizon being at 25N lat they should be showing numbers like 3108000, not 10432792.

Anybody know how they are specifying location?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yea! I saw that too. The light makes all those objects visible, in a different way. Hmmm.. not liking this at all.. When will they ever stop spraying that stuff?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I find it odd all these ROVs down there, and none of them are really looking at anything. Most do not even have their lights on. How can BP let alone anyone else see what's going on?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
yep. i grudgingly AGRee.

somethings going on.

or we are being ###### with.

edited to say: or there is something way bigger than we are even seeing...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
yep. i grudgingly AGRee.

somethings going on.

or we are being ###### with.

edited to say: or there is something way bigger than we are even seeing...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by justadood]

Arghh, I am about to go off topic, and I am going to point back at you, you know.

They are about profit, I am not certain they see more than that, but they may be unwitting tools of something else? .. or they may be witting contributors (evil, evil) .. but sadly we have to hold the higher esteem of our fellow beings, and then make up the lost ground when proven wrong ... or send the coverts out to do their thing over the long hauls (always wise, anyway).

It has occurred to me that the warming of the entire solar system.

and the increase in the thickness of the Heliopause (huge increase) .. and the formation of the EM ribbon on the outside of the Heliopause by some force which NASA has (?)-not yet identified (but which some astute astronomers might find without too much trouble) ... might indicate that the crossing of the area of the center of the galaxy (a forces cancellation point which may harbor plasma fields of unknown properties (and when charged they can be very unpredictable)) ... ... ... is much more than the honored Birthday of One Hunahpu .. the Maya Creator God.

Google NASA Local Fluff ... for an entry point.

"If" (ha,ha) our good old globe is laden with many pockets of abiotic oils and Methane (and that new image of the Gravity Satellite might indicate one south of India, in the Indian Ocean, as well)
and if we undergo heating along with the rest of the system (whose other planets are wisely sheathed in thick clouds) ... it may be that the Methane deals us (will deal us) a big biological reset due to this ...

Imagine if you will ... the Worst Greenhouse Gas decompressing .. and then decompressing, AND melting out of all the iced grounds which held methane as well; -- and then heating the Globe, AND ... the oceans; and then you know it ... decompressing even more methane hydrates ... until .. tipping point is reached .. Spaceship Earth becomes Oven Earth, and only those species who live in the water (or underground, or mostly underground) survive. (The Cathedral of Marcahuasi, Peru holds on it's side --melted into the stone -- the Serpent, the Whale, the Hippo and the Crocodile).

Now NASA did not say if the Local Fluff Heating Element is constant, or fluctuating (which I would bet on, all things considered); or much of anything else, it just lets you begin the journey.

Methane is far, far worse than carbon, if heads were on straight in Washington we would not be ramming cap and trade through the process with haste, we would be looking for ways to defray the effects (and possible effects in the future) of Methane out-gassing .. in the water and on land.

[Cap and Trade looks like another banking fiasco being dreamed up by puppet masters wanting to quickly roll in dough, and the resulting financial bubble be D****d.]

I know Methane is looking like tiny potatoes now -- but the stitch in time is a wisdom learned in the school of hard knocks
and we have an awful lot of stuff coming to us about 2012 .. from all directions .. and it cannot all be "fluff"!!
that many people sending that much material over those long time periods ..that has to be A: "sit up, pay attention, and get this right the first time, cause there are no do-overs"! type of deal.
Either that or lighting the new fires, and watching conjunctions and eclipses was far, far more important than I had ever imagined possible. ... I mean it could be that all the information came from "eyes on the sky" people. But there must be some reason that most of them are not here today?

We are so skilled at looking at the truth and seeing something else which we can apply to the ideas already in our minds instead ... we are so ego-centric in our approaches. And I have to admit, I could be doing the same thing, right now ... it is entirely possible.

Will we make it through without a bio-reset?
... or just make Atlas do it all again? (and if that is the goal, I feel messed with as well!!)

Sorry for Off Topic, remove if you wish, I probably should have sent it U2U anyway.

... I hope we make it, I hope we do.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I find it odd all these ROVs down there, and none of them are really looking at anything. Most do not even have their lights on. How can BP let alone anyone else see what's going on?

My guess would be that what they're showing are dummy cams; that there might be others down there.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

If there is "no oil leak" anymore, and oil isn't rising up from the sea floor, then why did Skandi ROV 1 just pick up a dispersant wand?

Because BP is determined to poison the fricken planet with dispersant! Seriously, this dispersant use is out of control, and someone should spray the nasty shi*t in their faces to test how safe it is!

The failure of the federal gov to control the use of this from the start is appalling, and I hope there are lawsuits against the gov as a result. The damage to wildlife by it is believed to catastrophic by most scientists. Any how, sorry for getting off topic with my rant but it's maddening.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

Particularly:

I've tried doing some of the math and I don't think the ROVs are displaying UTM N/E coordinates, the N is too large. 1 deg of latitude is about 110km or 110,000m so with Deep Water Horizon being at 25N lat they should be showing numbers like 3108000, not 10432792.

Anybody know how they are specifying location?

Hi LookingIn, this has puzzled me too as there are discrepancies in those UTM figures. Just to clarify exactly where the well is, I am providing the precise coordinates and UTMs as shown on page 18 of Halliburton’s Production Design Casing Report (of 4/18/2010) to BP America Production Company. This document was originally intended to be used only between these two companies. It only became public because the relevant House Committee demanded it. If anyone wants a copy you can download it direct at this link.

Okay, that’s the prelims out of the way. Here are the data:

Well location by Latitude and Longitude:

Lat 28.738138, Long -88.365944

Note: if anyone wants to plug these numbers into Google Earth or similar, please be sure to either enter the Longitude with the minus included (because it’s East of Greenwich) or enter it as a postive number but prefixed by “E”.

The UTMs are:

UTM (X) (m): 366612.937500

UTM (Y) (m): 3179557.750000

The (m) corresponds to metres.

Perhaps some members might like to comment on this discrepancy between the UTM data in Halliburton’s confidential report direct to BP, and the actual UTM data being displayed by some of the ROVs that are now (apparently) on-site at or close to the well head. Is it simply that the ROVs now in use are working from a different UTM starting point? (One would have to wonder why.) Or is there some other reason?

What do you think?

Regards,

Mike

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Bubbles coming out through valve at base of BOP.
Can be seen on Olympic Challenger ROV 1 (UHD 30).

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have a video on u tube showing the pipe. they have 4 pipe taps and are more than likely adding a chem for sealing the pipe and cracks, or its a dye to show where the leaks are coming from
or a chem that removes gases so it will increase the pressure

Mr20122112 the video is under

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
BP mentioned the bubbles in their press conference just now. Said no big deal, but they would sample and test to see what the gas is.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Did you notice in the Casing Report at section 5.4 it say Well considered to have SEVERE gas Flow? Problem is Flow Condition 3. Not sure what that means, but doesn't sound good.

Ektar

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Flow condition 3 basically means it's a very strong flow it's still manageable, but it requires rather special procedures for the cementing work.

I recall posting something about this a few weeks back on another thread, with a link to info from Halliburton's that describes the flow conditions and required procedures in more detail. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Mike

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Anyone see the series of deep cracks that ocean intervention rov 2 was just studying? There were at least 5 of them.....now the camera shut off! I watched them for about 5 minutes. They were like gashes in the seabed.

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join