It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

That is what I was thinking - they have cams to view and cams for us to view.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Check out camera Q4000 ROV 2 it's showing major cracks in the seabed....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I saw that too, but it's so blurry I wasn't sure if I was just seeing shadows. It almost looks like there is a little plume in the center towards the back of the shot, but again blurry shadows could be the culprit.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by asianeko
I saw that too, but it's so blurry I wasn't sure if I was just seeing shadows. It almost looks like there is a little plume in the center towards the back of the shot, but again blurry shadows could be the culprit.
That's what I thought at first, but then I saw it again and they spent a lot of time looking at it.....they shut the camera down right after that.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Originally posted by asianeko
That's what I thought at first, but then I saw it again and they spent a lot of time looking at it.....they shut the camera down right after that.

Hard to tell if its a crack...it does look like seepage but its hard to say if its coming from that alleged crack or if it's just dust. To me it looks like seepage, but I hope I am wrong. On a side note: Unless the dragged something across the sea floor, that crack/line was not there last night.

EDIT: Video will not work here so here is the link: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ttatw
BP mentioned the bubbles in their press conference just now. Said no big deal, but they would sample and test to see what the gas is.

Good catch...even the MSM caught this one: BP 'feeling more comfortable,' but testing bubbles seen near well cap - But a company official says samples will be taken of bubbles seen on video. BP vice president Kent Wells says bubbles are common underwater, but they want to make sure it's not a sign of gas escaping from the well.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

EDIT: Video will not work here so here is the link: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

what am i supposed to be seeing here?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Someone seems to think that line across the screen is a crack. The clouds you see are supposedly oil seeping from the sea floor. I don't know if it is oil or not, but that line was not there last night.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Bubbles spotted coming from a pipe/valve on the very bottom of the oil well. Skandi 2 was digging mud out of this pipe a minute ago but has since moved on. I tried to get the best screen shot I could but again, the camera was conveniently placed in a way you could barely get one:

I don't know if these are the bubbles they are talking about, but they are bubbles.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Was doing a search on the ROVs and videos on youtube of anything leaking from the sea floor. I cam across this guy's channel: d1k2006 channel and he uploaded quite a few videos from July 16, when some of us saw the seeping oil from the sea floor. These were I believe of BOA DEEP C 2. If you have time its a good thing to watch them. Make a judgment for yourself though.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

That "mud" might be methane ice, at least partly. Bubbles could be sublimation of the methane ice, or nitrogen gas from the fast setting concrete around the well bore.

Just saw wisps of oil at seafloor on Q4000 ROV2.

EDIT: of course now they changed the view or camera

[edit on 17-7-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Skandi R2 working on that pipe again!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

They are trying to plug it. So far they tried 3 things and each of them have been too big. Seems like their answer to everything is "plug it up."

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Still a lot of mud in there.. the last thing they tried putting in there wouldn't even go in very far.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
lol.. looks like they are looking through their underwater hardware and can't find what they need.. time to go to Lowes... (sk r2)

link   
lmao been watching it trundle back to the toy box, get something and go back to the pipe then back to the toy box and then it looks like eenny meenny myny mo. I can almost feel the operators frustration

Been grabbing video of all of this

link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Well a few inches of the pipe is broken or decayed a lot. Looks like at one point something tried to cut it. So I would imagine they would need something longer if they are trying to plug it. I like how they just take this as bubbles and nothing more. Will be interesting to see if the tests they are claiming to do on the bubbles turn up anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Speaking of bubbles....does anyone know what is going on in the frame at the bottom left where there are tons of bubbles? Is it supposed to be doing that???

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Its actually a form of attachment. excuse my crappy drawing but this is what it looks like:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb2d34e5e1b9.jpg[/atsimg]

Guess its not helping with trying to seal it

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
On the Morpheustruth feed....

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join