It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a couple keep comin on then goin off again.

Q4000 showing a sonar image that before the cut off was scattered wi red dots all over the place, now when it comes on theres zero?

Come on BP...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
why are all the feeds down?

should we consider this to be ominous or what?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Benefit of the doubt at the minute buddy, hoping they just have technical's and they will be back up shortly

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

that was what i was thinking, besides that it was my own connection

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
All seem to be back up now

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
none of them really showing anything are they?

q4000 giving me a sore head lol

an q4000 - 2 doesnt have the line going round that picks things up that like what was happening earlier.

And the most active one - BP2 , is still black screen

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Why do they have to wait so long for the pressure readings. Oil is a fluid the pressure should equalize fairly quick. Your brakes on your car run on hydrolic fluid. Its not like you push the brake pedal and then wait for it to stop in a little while. This is a straight pipe there isn't any chamber or resevoir to fill like in your brakes.

The only way it would keep rising would be if the oil where filling a void. This would mean the casing is ruptured. As the void filled the pressure would go up. The void would be created by a gas. Methane H2S or something. Being a gas it is a compressable material.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hos Achiever Maxx - ROV 1 is moving about but not much else going on right now.

If BP are reading this (lol as if) then at least give us a feed back from the BOP

reply to post by jlafleur02

Pressure continues to rise and is currently above 6700 psi - Updated July 16 at 6:00pm CDT.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by StarTraveller]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
yeap, back up but nothing much to see, why are they blinding us on skandi rov 1?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I wanted to know the same thing re the bright blob on Skandi Rov 1 - its been that way all day.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There must be a rupture somewhere, the pressure should have normalized already.

It is far from the 8-9 thousand they had hoped for.

So what are the next steps if this is a fail?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
If BP are reading this (lol as if) then at least give us a feed back from the BOP

mfile.akamai.com...:45683.asx?bkup=45684

Thanks BP

Now if they were 'actually' watching this they could let us know by kind of nodding the ROV (Skandi Neptune - ROV 2) up and down

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just thought I would bring to attention BP's twitter account and the garbage...or some of it garbage that is spewing from it:

Official BP America on Twitter. I posted some below:

BP: "When I looked it 2 hrs ago, it was at 6,720 PSI & continuing to build. -Kent Wells" - Really? This is taking that long? Somehow that does not sound right at all.

BP: "4 ROVs using sonar scanning looking for anomalies in seabed floor. No indications any oil or gas escaping. -Kent Wells" - Really again? We have video and screen shots of oil leaking from the floor.

BP: "2 ROVs watching sea floor around well, each scanning 180 degrees. We're watching for any breach. Have yet to see anything. -Kent Wells." - Well that's because every time there is one you turn off the lights, turn around, ignore it or turn off the feeds. The videos don't lie nor do the screen shots...after all they came right from your ROVs. And where are these ROVs that are circling the thing? Oh you mean the one so bright and out of contrast we cannot see? Or the one too far away to make any good determination?

EDIT ADD: BP: "Relief well is in process of completing open hole ranging run. Intercept point still anticipated at the end of July. -Kent Wells" - If the cap is working so well...and there is "integrity" then what are the relief wells for?

They really do make me mad. Sometimes it seems they spew more garbage from there than the oil we've been seeing.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that, for the most part, in ROV view-screens, we are given either the locational degree's, or the depth, but rarely both. Sometimes, the only thing shown is the current heading.

Just an observation.

On a personal peeve .......... being blinded by Skandi 1 "light view", and Enterprise 1 seemingly never ending view of TH-7-H4 has become quite irritating ! I still have the definite thought that there are far more rovers out there that are doing their real observations, and these that we see are simply to justify their "we ARE showing you".

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Has anyone else noticed that, for the most part, in ROV view-screens, we are given either the locational degree's, or the depth, but rarely both. Sometimes, the only thing shown is the current heading.

Just an observation.

On a personal peeve .......... being blinded by Skandi 1 "light view", and Enterprise 1 seemingly never ending view of TH-7-H4 has become quite irritating ! I still have the definite thought that there are far more rovers out there that are doing their real observations, and these that we see are simply to justify their "we ARE showing you".

I tried to lower the contrast and brightness in Windows Media Player to no avail. Its just too off for it to make a difference.

We always get the depth and sometimes we have Lon. and Lat. but not all the time. I noticed too...and it is irritating.

Just noticced some plumes on Skandi 2...I think they are too far off the ground for it to be sand/dust. Not sure what, if any ROVs are below or under them.

On a side note wow. That well is HUGE. with Skandi 2 far enough away you can really get an idea of how big this thing is. Especially when another ROV is near it!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I know they have feeds showing more than what we are getting right now. They are watching what they want to see and giving us practically nothing. They haven't don't this so much in the past, I wonder what is going on now that they would keep us from viewing. I can bet we don't know the half of it, just the fact they are keeping us in the dark right now causes me more concern.

Going to check on CNN and other news channels and see what they are viewing, most likely the same that we are.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

could we take these in-depth debates to a separate thread, please?

i like to check up on this thread for updates directly related to what is going on with the ROV feeds.

Just a request.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Both of the Boa Deep C ROVs are headed back down.. one is at about 600ft and the other 300ft.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by DragonFire1024

i like to check up on this thread for updates directly related to what is going on with the ROV feeds.

Just a request.

I thought the tread was titled: "The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread?" What I am discussing/was is related to BP and this thread. It is not here specifically for just ROV talk. Besides the feeds were down at the time so brought up a little something else BP related.

Also there are about 20 other threads that discuss BP. I don't want to see if we can make a record on how many threads we have that is related to BP or the spill.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

I fail to see any debating occurring. We were discussing the read-outs of ........ ROV's, as per this threads purpose: ROV's.

This thread has not in any way been restricted to only to real-time narration of what is happening.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join