It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just read the over night posts, seems like the concern today will be the pressure - and of course the sea floor leak they don't want us to know about. Friday is a good day for BP to do something like remove the cap and then keep us hanging until Monday.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I know if they are going to open up the cap.. they will try their best to wait until the market closes...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am just now looking at Scandi Rov 1 and the way the color of the pic change. Reminds me of the pics I saw of oh lets say an atomic bomb exploding. Or maybe radio active material. Maybe they dont want us to see when they really start droping bombs or nuks? That is an aweful huge plume. I would love to know what the intergrity of the sea floor around that and surrounding areas is now.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tryin2follow
I am just now looking at Scandi Rov 1 and the way the color of the pic change. Reminds me of the pics I saw of oh lets say an atomic bomb exploding. Or maybe radio active material. Maybe they dont want us to see when they really start droping bombs or nuks? That is an aweful huge plume. I would love to know what the intergrity of the sea floor around that and surrounding areas is now.

Its not a plume. Its the ROV that was pointed at the cap/well all night last night and early this morning. I put it into windows media player and turned down the brightness and contrast a lot. It has to be some 20+ feet away from the well/cap. All is quiet, though I cannot explain why the camera looks like that.

Nice to see that BP turns off all the cameras after how many plumes we caught leaking from the sea floor? Something's not right about this....

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Why would they set up the Skandi ROV 1's camera so that it looks directly into high intensity lights? Other than being inept, lazy or stupid, you would almost have to think that they don't want people seeing what is actually going on around the stack.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I've been reading over all the posts from last night & I just wanted to mention something that I heard on CNN last night that might explain what we are seeing. They were talking about the seismic tests & how they were literally shaking the ground in order to get the measurements. This sounded a little scary to me if the sea floor is so fragile but I just thought that might explain all the turbulence & sediment being disturbed, etc. Maybe someone here has an understanding of what a seismic test would entail?

I really want this whole thing to work & to believe that we are not going to face what we have all been fearing for the last few weeks. I am not getting too excited but I am trying to be optimistic. I really would think that if the sea floor is rupturing left & right (like what some here think they are seeing) that they would remove that cap immediately & resume collecting what they can rather than risk a blowout & a scenario that would be unstoppable. I've been watching the feeds pretty regularly for the last month & a half & I have seen many "explosions" just like what I have seen in the last day & realized it is just the ROV's stirring up sediment.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Great videos by Signals on page 76 as well as everyone else's contributions. We can't blame this on the thrusters now, not anymore. I think the evidence is clear that BP and MSM are living up to their lying ways yet again because the sea floor is definitely ruptured and leaking. The ROV's have retreated and refuse to show us these areas anymore. It really makes me mad that we have to sit here and watch these things like hawks in order to get the truth. People wonder why conspiracies exist, it's stuff like this. We know we're being lied to and yet, all we get for an explanation is "All is well (no pun intended), you're just crazy!" type responses. I mean, we're being lied to right to our faces. We can see on the live feeds that the floor is leaking and erupting and they still say "nope! No leaks!"

I also agree with the poster that said that BP only wants to take focus off the well head. Who cares if it's coming out somewhere else? So long as the well head is sealed off, it makes them look good and keeps their pockets deep. It's disgusting really.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Nnw that they have the cap sealed why dont they fit some hoses to it and take off some oil. That would reduce the pressure.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

That is their plan.. they are just testing.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Difference
Why would they set up the Skandi ROV 1's camera so that it looks directly into high intensity lights? Other than being inept, lazy or stupid, you would almost have to think that they don't want people seeing what is actually going on around the stack.

I would say because what Skandi 1 is looking at is where the light is focusing, but they have the camera which WE are allowed to see looking at the light, to give the impression that they are not hiding anything, right there's the feed!!

I have no doubt that there are more BP ROV's down there then what we are allowed access to, all we are given the the impression that we are watching what is happening. Like the one yesterday that just sat on the floor for hours and hours, looking at absolutely nothing.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by Misfit]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I know this deep sea drama isn't over. The nightmare that has become life for us all, & especially for the residents in the area, has just begun. I know there is questionable info coming to us. I know if *they* are breathing (the people responsible) *they* are lying. I also know the way to stay focused is to take a step back, breathe deep, put your head down on the desk & take a short nap. Then come back to the front ready for the next round of spinning bs.

We will be fighting this eco-war for decades to come. But for a few seconds I felt like cheering, popping open that bottle of wine & be grateful.

k

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GATruthseeker

Seismic tests don't happen when the ROVs are sitting there doing literally nothing but staring at the ocean floor. When those burps of oil were seen, the ROVs were stationary, and nearly blacked out the whole time these eruptions were taking place. If tests, they would not have turned the ROVs around, turned off the cameras or turned off the lights every time they came across one of these eruptions.

Also the black bubbles/blobs have not been explained...unless sand turns to a solid or black blobs when stirred up. Which would be like Jesus turning water into wine. The screen shots and videos captured throughout last night are pretty hard evidence to debunk.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Looks like some disturbances on the HOS Super H ROV 1 on the bottom left hand corner of Reality Check's BP feeds. Not sure if its oil or not, but whatever it is, it appears to float from the sea floor and TOWARDS the ROV. When ROVs 'plow' the sediment goes away from the ROVs if I am not mistaken.

And where the heck is the Viking Poseidon ROV 1 at that it is 5600 feet down...I thought the well area barely went to 5000 feet? (Viking Poseidon ROV 1 is on right side, third ROV feed down).

EDIT: Nevermind Viking feed just died....As usual when we talk about these ROVs, the feed dies....I wonder if they are watching us.....

EDIT 2: And Viking is back...lol

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thats funny you mention that dragon fire. Right as i read the comment the feed was cut. Wiiiiierd

Edit: Never its back up and about 170 ft lower that when it went out?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Logestar]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Viking Poseidon ROV 1 apparently has ADD because now it's just sitting there staring at some piece of wreckage. Q4000 ROV 1 is just sitting there. I don't think I've seen that one move much at all. HOS Super H ROV 1, which has the best quality camera, is also just sitting there and so is Super H ROV 2.

Just as I say that, Super H ROV 1 has started to move. It has also gotten suddenly turbulent around Viking Poseidon all of a sudden. 5,730 feet down? That's a long way from the rest of the bunch.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well only about an hour left before the markets close!! That is when you will hear the bad news!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Okay, again before anyone asks, no I'm not working for BP. I live in the Carolinas, I'm just a curious engineer, who has followed this with great interest.

Just want to make sure that the correct information gets out there, and that the sensationalism is kept to a bare minimum. Take a deep breath, and think about my post below.

The "oil droplets" or "bursts" that are being seen, could possibly be attributed to an entirely natural part of the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem.

en.wikipedia.org...

Like almost everyone here most likely, I have never in my life investigated whether oil seeping into the Gulf was a natural occurrence, or is this a result of pent up pressure due to the well that we are anxiously watching?

Are the "waves" of seepage also just a normal part of the ecosystem?

Both Methane and Hydrocarbons would be seeping into the waters, at various rates based on how the substrate materials that they are flowing through, pass the materials over 1000's of years through each tiny fault in the subsurface of the Gulf of Mexico.

As the link above says, there are creatures down there that LIVE on this seepage.

Again, flame away, but maybe, just MAYBE, these are naturally occurring incidents that have been happening for thousands/millions of years, it's just that none of us were actually watching this closely.

There are people who believe that the Bermuda Triangle disappearances, are the result of rapid methane releases, from pockets of Methane that suddenly burst through the sea bed.

A personal opinion here only, based on what I saw so far, is below.

The extra "Pipe" that was in the BOP, appeared to be a very small diameter pipe, based on the mock up that BP had in the video they made (in comparison to the size of the pipe at the BOP), explaining what they were going to place on the BOP. They HAD to simulate what they knew was there, in order to maximize the return on the entire investment.

Also based on what I have seen, they employed a telescopic type of piping system into the well, that reduced the size of the pipe, as it went deeper and deeper.

Again, the pipe that appears to have broken off and was violently ejected to the surface, would therefore have been from far down the well.

Taking this conclusion further, if a part of the well, much closer to the source is the section that is not "protected", one can then articulate that the forces of the surrounding rock, would provide a pretty good barrier to the pressure of the oil. Those depths are pretty much used to that kind of pressure.

Even if there is seepage there at the well breach, based on the data in the above link, one could then pontificate that maybe in a 1000 years or so, there will be a period of around 100 days where the naturally occurring seeping in the gulf, would then be accelerated because of the well breach that was caused by BP. How much accelerated?

Who knows, but none of us are going to be around then to worry about it.

Food for thought..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sorry, forgot to add one more thing.

It could be quite possible, that BP and the team, simply asked the main ROV operators to get some rest, left one or two on duty to open up the CAP in case the pressure does spike, and let everyone else get some R&R until the end of the testing period.

If the pressures spike or start getting crazy, the onsite commander would then open the CAP and let'er rip.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Anyone watching viking 1. Its showing the seafloor. it looks like many small holes in the floor that open and close as if a air bubble is seeping through looks like it is almost percolating.

I had a better perspective when I used full screen and sat back 3 feet

[edit on 16-7-2010 by jlafleur02]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor001

Maybe so, but it seems to be worst when the cap is closed.

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join