It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hey all,

Just a heads up that the feed that I newly named, BP - I (used to be Viking ROV 1.. which is docked in TX) is now scanning the sea floor again!

Live BP ROV Feeds (315x235)

Direct Link

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02
Anyone watching viking 1. Its showing the seafloor. it looks like many small holes in the floor that open and close as if a air bubble is seeping through looks like it is almost percolating.

I had a better perspective when I used full screen and sat back 3 feet

[edit on 16-7-2010 by jlafleur02]

Ah sorry.. I didn't see your post.. just posted the same thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

It seems like I was watching a feed sometime last night & it was showing the sea floor & it said Seismic testing or something like that. Seeing that along with hearing what they mentioned on CNN just seemed to explain the shaking movement. I'm not saying there aren't leaks but I still say they would remove the cap or open the vents or just get the hell out of there if the sea floor were breaking up & leaking all over the place.

I'm not saying that there aren't leaks happening - I am pretty sure they admitted that early on. I was just trying to explain some of what we might be seeing.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor001

Of course that is all possible...but would be as big of a coincidence as winning the lottery two times in a row. This would all be too convenient. I am not one to really believe in coincidences either. They are rare. With that said, if this was natural, then why does it seem every time it happens, the ROV does something aka turn lights off, turn around, or stops the feed...just saying.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GATruthseeker

I think it said "Sonar Monitoring" or something like that.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Where the heck is Viking at? Keplar? Never seen this before and I don't think its part of the Deepwater Horizon well...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Yeah, that could have been it. It was just an ROV sitting there on the sea floor & then it looked like everything shook & then there was a big cloud of dust or an "explosion".

link   
Whats with the cameras very strange how most are down.

Anyone know what the pressure is someone on another thread said he saw a gage at 1300 psi but had nothing to back that.

I know they are looking for 8 or 9 thousand pressure but seen nothing.

Thankyou

link   
Sonar/Seismic testing the other day required that all ships/ROV's vacate the area according to National Incident Commander Adm. Thad Allen. It was from the BP briefing the other day posted elsewhere on this forum.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Of course that is all possible...but would be as big of a coincidence as winning the lottery two times in a row. This would all be too convenient. I am not one to really believe in coincidences either. They are rare. With that said, if this was natural, then why does it seem every time it happens, the ROV does something aka turn lights off, turn around, or stops the feed...just saying.

To keep panic to a minimum?

I can't find reliable "video" of the seabed of the gulf, from before this happened. So, we can't assume that it's any coincidence at all.

There may not actually be a lotto to win here.

Think of it this way.

When you experiment with anything, you have "control data" (based on known criteria via tests/video/data that you obtained) and you then have "test data" based on your experiment. You then compare the two, and the results can then be properly evaluated.

In this case, we have no base line data, other than the Wikipedia link and many other documents online that describe hydrocarbon seepage. We only have the data from the ROV's, from AFTER the event.

So, we have absolutely no way of knowing if these events are a normal part of the ecosystem in the gulf, or caused by the events of the past 3 months.

If I were a BP senior executive, I would tell the ROV operators to mask any event that appears to be simply natural occurring events, because every news agency on the planet (and maybe some from outside of that even) are watching these.

Why cause anyone like CNN to start a wide scale panic when they see these events, when they know that there isn't anything wrong with what is happening? What if a naturally occurring event of say a 30 meter wide oil burp smacks right into a ROV? Think that CNN wouldn't post that one?

And no, they could not now come out and explain that these are natural events. Because quite frankly, how would any of them really know if they are or not?

I'm just saying that everyone needs to really think about what they are seeing, what is happening, and then realize that these may in fact just be natural for the entire gulf region.

I absolutely am NOT defending BP, but these events can be natural.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Here you go.
Commander: 1.5 mile "Seismic Run" to detect "anything that might happen with the sea floor"

video of the press questions

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ok lets assume it is natural...with the eruptions we have seen overnight last night, where is all the oil going? It has to rise to the surface at some point...so why have we not seen any?

And to respond to "no reliable video" this was taken last night from BOA DEEP C 2..immediately after this "eruption" it was sent back to the surface and has yet to return.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

It isn't the Viking.. they reassigned the feed to an unknown ROV.. the Viking is docked in TX.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Ok lets assume it is natural...with the eruptions we have seen overnight last night, where is all the oil going? It has to rise to the surface at some point...so why have we not seen any?

And to respond to "no reliable video" this was taken last night from BOA DEEP C 2..immediately after this "eruption" it was sent back to the surface and has yet to return.

Please provide us with reliable video from BEFORE the deep water horizon caught fire then sank.

We need to see video that covers this specific area, so that the data may be compared.

You are simply showing us more data from after the event. Almost useless, since we have no clue as to whether this always occurs naturally.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Good luck with that...I doubt there are any. The only way to get video would be to send ROVs to these locations. So unless a University or the likes has already done that, then there are none as far as I know. I have been looking and thus far...nothing.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Ok...but still does not explain where this ROV is at...it appears to be at an entirely different well in an unknown location. The well it was looking at prior to this one was called 'Kepler'...I have not done any research for this well as of yet.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Ah those are the ones, thanks Buddy

and now for the point I forgot to add in my previous post:

Sonar/Seismic testing the other day required that all ships/ROV's vacate the area according to National Incident Commander Adm. Thad Allen.

My Point being, why are all the ROVs still about during Sonar/seismic testing today when Thad stated that all ships and ROV's needed to be clear of the area when being tested.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by StarTraveller]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Good luck with that...I doubt there are any. The only way to get video would be to send ROVs to these locations. So unless a University or the likes has already done that, then there are none as far as I know. I have been looking and thus far...nothing.

Bingo Dragonfire, you go the bonus round..... By Jove, I think you've got it.

Without that type of data, we could simply be watching a Discovery Channel Expose' on the naturally occurring hydrocarbon emissions in the Gulf Of Mexico.

Everyone, take a chill pill, report what you see, but don't worry about those life insurance policies yet.

Based on everything I am reading so far, the entire gulf ecosystem (at depth) is used to (and in some cases COUNTS ON) SOME hydrocarbon emissions, and has done so for a LONG time.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
From some brief research on 'Kepler well.' This is allegedly the well where the mislabeled Viking ROV is/was at...:

The Na Kika field extends over Missisipi Canyon blocks 474, 429, 657, 607, 522, 520, 383 in the Gulf of Mexico, approximately 140 miles south-east of New Orleans, Louisiana, US. It has recoverable reserves of 300 million barrels of oil equivalent and a production rate of around 110,000bpd oil and 500 million cubic feet of gas a day.

It originally consisted of five independent oil and gas fields – Kepler, Ariel, Fourier, Herschel and E Anstey. Wells drilled on the Coulomb gas field were subsequently added. The water depths range from 1,770m to 2,360m, making it the deepest subsea cluster in the world.

Shell has a 50% interest in the floating host facilities and the Kepler, Ariel, Fourier, and Herschel fields, with BP having the remaining 50% interest. Shell has a 37.5% interest in the East Anstey field, with BP holding the remaining 62.5%. The Kepler, Ariel and Herschel fields are primarily oil, while the Fourier and East Anstey fields are primarily gas.

So the question i have is this: Why is the ROV looking at the Kepler well(s)? Why now and not before? Is it leaking too? Or are they trying to save face and their rear ends?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor001

Bingo Dragonfire, you go the bonus round..... By Jove, I think you've got it.

Without that type of data, we could simply be watching a Discovery Channel Expose' on the naturally occurring hydrocarbon emissions in the Gulf Of Mexico.

Everyone, take a chill pill, report what you see, but don't worry about those life insurance policies yet.

Based on everything I am reading so far, the entire gulf ecosystem (at depth) is used to (and in some cases COUNTS ON) SOME hydrocarbon emissions, and has done so for a LONG time.

Still does not explain where this oil goes when it bubbles, if natural. Regardless is its a large or small amount, the oil will still rise to the surface.

If no ROVs have captured this event before, then I find it hard to believe it does happen all the time. Yeah it does happen, but on the levels we have seen? Still boils down to where does the oil go...and if natural, why build an oil rig over the parts that seem to be the most fragile?

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join