It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There was a leak reported, best I can recall, 140mi SE of Deepwater Horizon site (at least a week ago I think, maybe longer). I recall seeing oil plumes on the surface that were thought to correspond to this other leak (can't recall if it was a satellite image or aerial, or still or video), but there was no oil rig nearby. Maybe a capped well? Although the report locations don't match exactly they do sound rather close, so I suspect they're using this unknown ROV to check out that other suspected leak. At least we can compare seafloor videos from the two somewhat distant sites.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ttatw
There was a leak reported, best I can recall, 140mi SE of Deepwater Horizon site (at least a week ago I think, maybe longer). I recall seeing oil plumes on the surface that were thought to correspond to this other leak (can't recall if it was a satellite image or aerial, or still or video), but there was no oil rig nearby. Maybe a capped well? Although the report locations don't match exactly they do sound rather close, so I suspect they're using this unknown ROV to check out that other suspected leak. At least we can compare seafloor videos from the two somewhat distant sites.

If this is the leak you are referring to: It is/was the 'Ocean Saratoga.' It was or has been leaking since April 30, 2010.

From: Wikinews.org twitter status - The second leaking rig in the Gulf of Mexico is reported to be the Ocean Saratoga. Documents say it has been leaking since April 30.

From: Another Gulf oil spill: Well near Deepwater Horizon has leaked since at least April 30 - A nearby drilling rig, the Ocean Saratoga, has been leaking since at least April 30, according to a federal document.

If I recall, this rig is about 22-25 miles from the Deepwater Horizon spill. Reports: Possible second oil leak spotted approximately 22 miles from current oil leak in Gulf of Mexico.

Not sure if it's stopped leaking or what. Last reports of this were in June.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Man i wish they would sort those feeds out

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Looks like the fake viking 1 is taking dirt samples right now?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Viking 1 looks like its trying to dig a tunnel with its face right now.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Logestar

Aye and its dripping off of the oojamaflip too:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Look at viking rov 1 now. thats either fast current wiping up the seafloor or thats the best evidence for seafloor leaking ive seen yet.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Logestar]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logestar
ROV 1 NOW. thats either fast current wiping up the seafloor or thats the leak i think

Just saw that, what the hell is that. Rover Fans?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I was thinking that too, but when the camera pans up you can see a big "scar" looking feature and the floor appears to be moving in a larger area than I think the fans would affect. Whatever it was looks like the ROV is scootin out after leaving that yellow rope there.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Logestar]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
am back on a different computer an only got the alexander blog link which isny working now, whats the best page for viewing the feeds just now?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Looks like they are having a dust storm down there... So far I can only see what is clearly the sand from the bottom of the ocean sweeping along relatively quickly. Could just be from a propeller or something...

For what reasons who would know. Can't see any oil however

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
am back on a different computer an only got the alexander blog link which isny working now, whats the best page for viewing the feeds just now?

im using this www.sanaracreations.fi...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It is reported BP & the Coast Guard have a *plan B*. If this wasn't the single most horrible thing to happen to the coast line, ever, I would be doubled over with laughter. By my count they passed * plan B* along time ago. Looks more like plan Q to me...oh...oh..are we now dealing with something like Plan B, article 1? ( OK. I know, sarcasm isn't helpful. )

k

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
cheers will, couldny scroll down that page though so found the morpheas one.
Did you see BP1 getting totally engulfed? I wish i knew for sure if it was sand coming up cause of the rov or cause of something else.
And if the black blobs are oil coming up or just waste that would be floating aboot anyway

Any idea on what plan B is K?

[edit on 16/7/10 by niblo]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Has all the feeds just stopped for anyone else

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
aye, on the morpheas site as well as the san one that will just linked

theyre all down on BP official site as well

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Okay mate, will put it down to a technical glitch (for now)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

looks like BP killed the feeds.
why they killed the feeds is anyones guess.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
aye i will as well

in the weeks upon weeks ive been watchin ive never seen this happen though. Maybe just bad weather lol.

theres 2 baCck up on the BP site but theyre no really showing anything

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by matadoor001

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
reply to post by matadoor001

Good luck with that...I doubt there are any. The only way to get video would be to send ROVs to these locations. So unless a University or the likes has already done that, then there are none as far as I know. I have been looking and thus far...nothing.

Bingo Dragonfire, you go the bonus round..... By Jove, I think you've got it.

Without that type of data, we could simply be watching a Discovery Channel Expose' on the naturally occurring hydrocarbon emissions in the Gulf Of Mexico.

Everyone, take a chill pill, report what you see, but don't worry about those life insurance policies yet.

Based on everything I am reading so far, the entire gulf ecosystem (at depth) is used to (and in some cases COUNTS ON) SOME hydrocarbon emissions, and has done so for a LONG time.

Still does not explain where this oil goes when it bubbles, if natural. Regardless is its a large or small amount, the oil will still rise to the surface.

If no ROVs have captured this event before, then I find it hard to believe it does happen all the time. Yeah it does happen, but on the levels we have seen? Still boils down to where does the oil go...and if natural, why build an oil rig over the parts that seem to be the most fragile?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

"If no ROV's have captured this event before, then I find it hard to believe it does happen all the time".

Honestly Dragonfire, really?

I'm honestly sitting here in shock at that answer.

Folks, FACTS based on proper science and experimentation, is what we need.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join