It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Enterprise 2, where thy're blowing all the sand around, shows black bubbly globs popping up all over the place and floating up and away...
??

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Not sure if the ROV is plowing, but the seafloor around BOA DEEP C 2 looks to be bubbling up, occasional black blobs coming up through the seafloor and the soil looks like its being displaced a lot. Anyone else watching that feed?

It just relatively calmed down but still the brown like plumes we have been seeing. By the time I loaded my screen shot software, it had settled down to the point where it's really not worth one at the moment.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Is it me, or is oil gushing out of the sea floor? It's dark but it looks like there's a huge plume coming out of the ground.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Yeah, I think they are clearing sand to check cables buriied in the sea bed(what do I know) but the black blos are odd...

My mistake - ROV BOA NOT Enterprise

[edit on 16-7-2010 by 5senses]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses
Enterprise 2, where thy're blowing all the sand around, shows black bubbly globs popping up all over the place and floating up and away...
??

The black blobs we are seeing are allegedly oil blobs. The gray/white mist would be the sand the ROV is 'plowing' to search for that rising oil. So I guess we can assume the oil is now rising out from the seafloor?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Aha... To be honest this has been my biggest concern - that the oil would push out in 'burps' willy nilly once they had closed the cap.
Reckon BOA's worth keeping a close eye on, as long as they let us

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Foggy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1685cee23e67.jpg[/atsimg]

Foggy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1685cee23e67.jpg[/atsimg]

Clear
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd94254225f6.jpg[/atsimg]

All taken within 5 min of each other around 1:40 AM PT

ETA- Link realitycheck

[edit on 16-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
They are absolutely oil blobs if I've ever seen one. While they are tiny, it can't be a good indication of them coming up from the bedrock.

Don't know what to think really... What are the chances of it getting worse as the pressure continues/builds up? Maybe they have been bubbling up like this from day 1?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hi all,

Okay.. I've updated my two all-in-one feed pages. I've added back the "Viking Feeds".. but have been informed that the Viking is no longer at sea and is docked in Texas. They have been reassigned to unknown ROVs.. I've renamed them BP - I & BP - II. Also I've added two of BP's backup feeds.. one of them is currently just a duplicate of one of the main feeds. I have named these backup feeds BP - III & BP - IV. So I've add 4 feeds and now there is a total of 19 feeds! This slows my system down.. so I end up turning off (stopping) the feeds that I'm not interested in.

The feeds are available in two sizes:
Live BP ROV Feeds (180x135)
Live BP ROV Feeds (315x235)

Morpheas

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
More black oil droplets rising from what appears to be a plume of oil on the seafloor. Captured from BOA DEEP C 2 ROV at 5:04am EDT July 16, 2010. It was spewing pretty good for a minute.

EDIT: Link not working for some reason: /24jacto

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Good Pic.

Here's another. I guess it's possible that this was from prop-wash but I don't think so...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30f2a864e802.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

I just actually found a way to tell if sand or oil: If it turns into a streamer type liquid (and probably the little black blobs too) its likely oil...the sand looks more of a light gray and is cloudy. The oil would turn into streamers as soon as it hits the water or very soon after because its not a constant spew like the well was.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
not only does it look like its leeking oil on Boa Deep C - ROV 2

There seems to be bubbles of gas as well

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it sure looks like it's coming out of the sea floor instead of just prop-wash - but I've been fooled before.

It's amazing how video can be so deceiving at times.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
A Quick grab of sea bed disturbance:

Good Morning to all as well, nice job on the constant updates

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I've been watching.. and have seen the drops of oil fly by.. I wish they would give us live psi data..

Boa Deep C - ROV 2

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Something has just fubar'd Boa Deep C - ROV 2, threw it around a bit and i got this grab as it happened. definitely oil everywhere in these shots

Looks like something is occurring

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I think I just watched the same thing....

not sure though, the time given for when the posts are made aren't correct on my puter for some reason...
but there was a light that came through (I presume a rov) just before it started...
I kind of figured that it might have kicked up some dust....

seems clear now.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Yeah the globs of oil are undeniable. I just wish I knew what it means though..

How bad is the situation if small oil globs are regularly coming up from the sea floor?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

They decided that was enough and moved to a different location.

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join