It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
lol.. looks like they are looking through their underwater hardware and can't find what they need.. time to go to Lowes... (sk r2)

"Hey Bob, do me a favor and toss this pipe over the side, I think this is the size we need down there"...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Speaking of bubbles....does anyone know what is going on in the frame at the bottom left where there are tons of bubbles? Is it supposed to be doing that???

If you are watching the HOS Super H ROV 1 then you are seeing dust and debris from Skandi 2 playing in its toy box looking for the right sized plug to stop the bubbles from the pipe. HOS Super H ROV 1 is on the sea floor with Skandi 2 above it most of the time while its at the box. So you are probably seeing the propeller stir up the sea floor.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Its actually a form of attachment. excuse my crappy drawing but this is what it looks like:

Guess its not helping with trying to seal it

Good drawing actually...it helped me out a lot. And its been back and fourth to the 'toy box' at least 4 times. As another poster said, (Morpheus) i think, they cannot find one small enough to fit in or long enough to make a difference given something can attach to the pipe.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Looks like the Viking Poseidon is off to the Kepler rig again. I am wondering why this ROV has been spending so much time at this rig? Is there something wrong with this one also? Not sure how far away from the Deepwater Horizon it is though.

Here is a link to what the Kepler is: Na Kika Oil and Gas Fields, Gulf of Mexico, USA

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It is very cool how the tool chest on Skandi ROV2 comes out when it needs to get to the tools!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Some links to videos of natural seepage in the gulf, from BEFORE the oil leak..

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

This one is especially informative...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The answer to life, the universe and everything: PLUG IT UP. lol...Skandi 2 trying again to plug the bubbling pipe on the well:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor001

The second video is an animation...so that is disappointing. The third video was from May, a month after the disaster. And from all places: FOX News...so I am very cautious to accept the third one as not related to the disaster. The first one is interesting indeed. Just wish we knew exactly where it was in the Gulf of Mexico...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Plugging a leak, is that not a proper thing to do? As opposed to do what with it, let it continue to leak whatever it is coming out?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Plugging a leak, is that not a proper thing to do? As opposed to do what with it, let it continue to leak whatever it is coming out?

Never said it wasn't the proper thing. Would be nice for them to figure out what it is first then try to stop it. They don't even know if getting all that mud out and putting this thing in the mud's place, will make it worse. Still see bubbles too.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I think Dragon was more refering to the fact that surly its better to repare where the leak is coming from rather than just stick something in the end of it. If your tap (farcet) leaks, fix it do not just stick a cork in the end!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Yes thank you. Exactly what I meant. Though I don't think there is much else they can do with this pipe. I think plugging it might be the only solution...now if they could just find one that fits properly...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
one thing that concerns me is that these seismic surveys did not have any significance before, during or after the top kill, please tell me if im wrong but its only now with the capping procedure do they seem to care about the surrounding sea bed.

My second concern regarding the seismic surveys is that should the Top Kill have been successful and a catostrophic displacement of the sea bed had taken place then having capped the well with mud wouldnt that have been a more risky procedure than capping? seeing as how they can open the cap if needed.

This is in our faces and doesnt make sense!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yeah, I see what you are saying. Maybe they already know what it is (hah hah).

Personally, sometimes I wonder if many of the feeds we are "privy" to are actually training sessions, having nothing to do with Deepwater.

link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

The second video is an animation...so that is disappointing. The third video was from May, a month after the disaster. And from all places: FOX News...so I am very cautious to accept the third one as not related to the disaster. The first one is interesting indeed. Just wish we knew exactly where it was in the Gulf of Mexico...

So, since CNN decided to not do a similar report, then the facts are not correct? I sat here LMAO when you posted that comment. I do happen to like Fox news, I listen to it on my Sirius... But, I didn't take that video just found it on you tube.

The second "animation" explains how natural seepage occurs, and also then what happens to it. This was from BEFORE the leak. If natural seepage didn't happen, why bother creating the animation in the first place to explain what happened to it?

You folks need to wake up and stop seeing boogie men/women behind every door, and open your minds up to other explanations, besides the one where we all die.

Oh, and BTW, yes, I have personally witnessed a UFO (cigar shaped one when I was a child in Pittsburgh PA - it even made the news the next day)..

link   
I think they are just cleaning it out at the moment.

Head up on that the BP1/Viking1 is back in the water.. maybe going to do more floor survey?

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
I think they are just cleaning it out at the moment.

Head up on that the BP1/Viking1 is back in the water.. maybe going to do more floor survey?

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Morpheas]

Yeah, seems they would at least want the appropriate cap on it.

But then it "seems" that an auger bit would be more proficient at cleaning the crud out.
I guess "proficient" is NOT what the "P" stands for !! LOLOL

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I just don't trust FOX News as far as I can throw them. That is my opinion. And I am saying there is no way to tell when that video was made since it was posted in may...so we can assume its before or after I guess that's up to everyone else.

Oh I am open about this. I also want this to stop as much as anyone else. But until i see hard evidence and proof everything is ok, then I am cautious to trust BP. They have claimed victory at least 3 times before and were wrong all 3 times...remember the saying: Three strikes and you're out? Well there you go. BP has major flaws and obviously didn't care enough top begin with to say "this would never happen." So yeah...until there are facts of the situation post capping, then I tend to not believe a lot of what they are saying. But that doesn't mean i think they are lying all the time, but do hjave a track record of doing so.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That new crack sure is interesting. I didn't notice it before, either. You can see a steady leak coming out of it too though it seems to be mostly gas. You can see some oil on the right edge of the view too. It is rising from the crack and nowhere else. No way that can be blamed on the thrusters. It seems things are worsening down there.

What more proof is needed than the fact that the ROV's keep trying to avoid these areas once they are spotted. They are living up to their reputation of being a lying company and are doing nothing more than trying to avoid fines. Leaks, a growing amount of cracks and sightings of oil before the camera either moves or shuts off is proof enough for me that they are trying to keep the truth from us and, quite literally, lying to our faces. I don't know how much more the sea floor can take at this point before something gives way and causes a major event of some kind.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Some other tidbits..

From Geology.com (via a cached page since it's from 2007)
--------------------------------------------------------
Enormous Oil Seepage in the Gulf of Mexico
June 20, 2007 |
Oil enters the marine environment from human activity and natural seeps. A National Academy of Science study recently estimated that about 47 percent of the oil entering the marine environment is a result of natural seepage from subsurface reservoirs. The Gulf of Mexico is an area where such natural seepage occurs at a very high rate. Of the 200,000 metric tons of oil seepage that is thought to occur each year, about 150,000 metric tons escapes from the floor of the Gulf of Mexico.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is a report from 1972:

www.onepetro.org...

----------------------------------------------------------

Another really interesting article..

www.associatedcontent.com...

Here is a sat photo from 2009 showing naturally occurring oil slicks on the Gulf, and a nice article on the subject..

www.redorbit.com...

I have also found this to be an EXTREMELY informative site, experts from around the globe post here. This is where I started to realize that the "seabed leaks" are most likely natural..

www.theoildrum.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join