It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have heard of people being physic and stuff before. But i am really curious about this empathy "super-power". sometimes i feel i can sense emotions of others and sometimes i cant.

i suppose this would be the only "super-power" i think i have..but maybe i dont. I guess my questions to all of you is this-- For those of you who truly feel that you have empathy power traits, Is it overwhelming when you are in a crowded place? Like a movie theater or a concert?

Sometimes when im at large events as those my brain cant function. I get really anxious and i feel strange. Could this be empathy? Or just an anxiety problem? It can be a really overwhelming experience and because of this i dont like overly crowded places. This has been happening to me for the past 8 years and has just come up out of no where.

i would like some feed back if possible
thanks

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Mainstream Media did never call real Life Superpowers with Word "superpower" what they call superpower is fictional ones.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kristinemac
As a Christian I believe what people experience as psychic ability...as well as other paranormal phenomenon...are deceptions by demonic spirits.

I do believe God gifts Christian people supernaturally...when it is used according to His plan and purpose. These gifts are not pursued, honed, or crafted...they are given as needed.

Hi, kristinemac.

So how do you know the difference between God's Gift given in accordence with his plan, and the deception of a demonic spirit?

Sure God could give these gifts as needed, but God also helps those who help themselves.

If I find myself in front of a moving truck and I wait for God to miracle me to safety, then odds are pretty good that I wasn't destined to be a part of his plan on earth much longer. If, on the other hand, I use my free will, common sense, muscles and the other tools that he gave me to get out of the way, then suddenly I *am* part of his plan on earth... Magic!

Naturally, I don't presume to know God's plan, so I just do my best to be a good person and improve myself as best I can.

To that end, I can do physical exercise with the result that I get physically stronger and more muscular. I can also do mental exercises and develop myself mentally and psychically.

You can easily claim that my psychic experiences are deceptions by demonic spirits, but I could just as easily say that the "muscle mass" gained from physical exercise comes from demonic sprirts perverting the physical body.

Who's to say what is right?

You could doubtless point to a place in the bible that states where these powers are evil, but I could point to another place in the bible, like John 14:12 where Jesus is saying "I say unto you that he who believes in me, the things that I do he shall do also, and greater works than these shall he do..." That sounds a lot like Jesus was expecting us to get with the program and start making miracles on our own.

If you are a good Christian, you must believe in Christ, so why can't you do the miracles that Jesus gave you permission to do? Was Jesus wrong, or is it more likely there is some piece of the puzzle that you aren't doing?

It's funny, but prayer... real prayer, is an occult skill too. As it is taught for the most part, prayer has become the mindless droning of ritual words until you get to the end where you are allowed to beg God for favors. "Real" prayer is a passive act of *listening*. Quieting the mind so that you can reach a stillness where you can commune with the divine. It is the act of suspending the ego and submitting to HIS will. People that regularly pray in THIS way are "blessed" with special favor. They take the devout path and become saints and prophets, and work "miracles".

Not many people pray like this because it's not really taught this way, and surprise, suprise, people who make miracles are rare today.

Coincidentally, people that meditate... really meditate, enter a passive state where they quiet the mind and reach a place of absolute stillness. From there comes the perfect focus that allows them to tune in to an energy that lets them experience many of the abilities that this thread is about. Is it God? Maybe, but it works whether you call it that or not. As their level of proficinency improves and they eventually learn which directions to take these meditations, those psychic experiences become more frequent and more dramatic, until eventually they reach that same level of "miracle makers".

There are many paths up the mountain, but regardless of how you get there, the view is just... Divine.

Naturally each person has to follow their own heart to see if this kind of development is or is not acceptable behavior, but I hope they really *listen* to their heart to reach that decision, and not simply reach the conclusion they were told to.

You can use your free will to decide to be a sheep or a saint. That choice is God's gift to you too.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Astral City

Is there a way for phsych abilities to be learned? As far as i know I don't have any, but the subject greatly interests me.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay

My questions to the board are:
1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?
2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?
3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?
4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

1) There have been reports dating back as far as Biblical times and further, though beyond a certain point many of them are considered legends and myths or religious figures of some sort. Merlin, Enki, even Jesus are examples of people who could have been considered to be psykers, assuming accounts are true.

2) I think it's a combination of things. On the one hand, I believe there has been a sharp uptick in the number of people exhibiting these abilities in the past fifty years or so. On the other hand, we now live in a world where some guy knocking over a McDonald's makes the national news in several media channels, whereas even as recently as twenty to thirty years ago, it would've been restricted to local distribution, regional at best. It makes sense therefore that we would be more likely to hear about any incidents that have occurred.

3) It's possible. There are some documented records of experiments the CIA performed with psychoactive substances - most believe it was experimentation into new interrogation techniques, but some think it was an effort to offset the Soviet focus on psyker abilities. Even now, agencies like the CIA and FBI seek out people that they refer to as "wizards," individuals that can look at disparate intel data and make accurate predictions 90-95% of the time.

4) Like attracts like, at least in social sciences. People will find those they have things in common with, often whether they mean to or not. Should we be outing ourselves? Well, that depends on the individual. A person in the public eye might not want to let the world know that they can see the future with a 90-95% accuracy rate, but the old lady down in the next apartment over might not have any problem telling her neighbors when to watch out.

As for myself, I've experienced some of these things. I have demonstrated precognitive and empathic abilities, to the point where I avoid crowded public places unless I have to be there - and when I do, I've developed mental techniques to help shield me from the worst of it. I once told my first wife where a car part she handed me came from without looking at the shipping label. I've also created energy balls - not visible, but my companions at the time described sticking their hand in as an electric tingle, and a hot/cold spot. My hunches turn out to be right most of the time, I'd estimate about 85-90%. I will occasionally get 'flashes' of information just dropped into my head which is accurate, without my having prior knowledge or any way to research the topic. I can also locate someone if I know them well enough and focus properly, though this impairs things like driving.

None of these are 100% reliable - yet. They probably never will be, but I'm undertaking some self-study to improve my ability to control them - the precognitive stuff usually happens on its own. I can force it "on," but this usually results in extreme fatigue and a massive headache, like I was "overclocking" my brain.

Questions and comments welcome.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElaynaValenti
I have heard of people being physic and stuff before. But i am really curious about this empathy "super-power". sometimes i feel i can sense emotions of others and sometimes i cant.

i suppose this would be the only "super-power" i think i have..but maybe i dont. I guess my questions to all of you is this-- For those of you who truly feel that you have empathy power traits, Is it overwhelming when you are in a crowded place? Like a movie theater or a concert?

Sometimes when im at large events as those my brain cant function. I get really anxious and i feel strange. Could this be empathy? Or just an anxiety problem? It can be a really overwhelming experience and because of this i dont like overly crowded places. This has been happening to me for the past 8 years and has just come up out of no where.

i would like some feed back if possible
thanks

Elayna,

You're not alone on this. I too have the same problem, and have had it for the past ten years, probably more.

I describe it as having a radio in my head - only the volume and tuner are broken so that I get overlapping signals, and I can't turn it off, only down - and even then it gets louder on its own sometimes.

I am very careful about touching people I do not know without preparation in most cases. Sometimes, it pays to be even more careful with the people I do know.

As for defense... I've noticed that having a beer or two dulls the effect, though obviously I wouldn't recommend this for a constant or regular remedy.

Here's a technique I use to dull things a little bit: First, I close my eyes and clear my mind as much as possible. Next, I form a mental image of myself - it doesn't have to be detailed, it could even be a stick figure or anything, as long as you can tie it to your sense of self. Next, I picture a wire-frame sphere forming around it, dropping down from above, and then I set it spinning on the vertical axis, like a globe, to keep any one part of it from getting battered too much. If I need more protection, I drop a second sphere over the first, and set it spinning horizontally like a ball. I have managed to maintain three, but by that point I start getting a headache and start having to draw energy in from my environment to maintain it for long periods.

A word on the visualizations - you can use anything you want, just as long as you can identify the center figure with yourself, and the spheres/boxes/walls/whatever with protection. For drawing energy in, I picture light flowing into the "me" figure, usually from the ground or from the sky - don't want to accidentally feed off any innocent bystanders.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you've got any questions.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Check out springforestqigong.com... -- read the healing testimonies. If you study this you'll learn a lot about empathy. It's a very visceral experience as well. Have fun.

reply to post by ElaynaValenti

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOOKING4answrs
reply to post by The Astral City

Is there a way for psych abilities to be learned? As far as i know I don't have any, but the subject greatly interests me.

I believe that everyone has these abilities, but I think experiencing them is more a question of unlearning bad habits rather than learning new ones.

Our modern culture seems to encourage a nearly constant stream of sensory stimulous and interaction. If we aren't racing from one place to another or working, we relax by listening to music, or watching TV, playing video games or coming up with some form of distraction or another... these things are just the oposite of what you need to entice a psychic event to happen.

In my experience, psychic events invariably happen when I am deeply relaxed, and it takes a very deliberte effort to relax, calm down, clear my head, and finally reach deep enough to find "that place" where these events happen.

It's not that you need to learn how to "make" a psychic event happen, its more like you need to cultivate the correct mental space where they able to exist exist. If the environment is friendly, they will show up in their own time.

Meditation is one of the traditional methods for reaching this mental space, and I highly recommend it. Learning how to quiet your mind is the first step.

Here is a nice little site that talks more about meditation:
www.how-to-meditate.org...

You could also try a short cut if you wished. There are technologies out there that use either paterns of strobing light or pulsing sounds (or both) that resonate to a frequency that corresponds to slower brainwave frequencies that are said to help induce the correct mental state.

"Mind Machines", and sound patterns like "Binaural Beats" are designed to generate an external rhytm similar to your current brainwaves, and then to artificially guide them to the same place that you would ultimately end up with if you became proficient in meditation. (That is... If they work for you. They feel a little like cheating to me, but I have tried them and had good luck with them. When they work, they work fast, but some folks simply don't respond to them and might even get headaches.)

Here is a place where you can learn more about how sounds can be used to "entrain the brain" to sync up to an external target frequency. It also has a sample file that you can try out if you like:
www.allthingspsychic.com...

Good luck! I hope you have a psychic experience of your own some day.

I tried for years, doing exercises every night with no luck, but the very week I gave up chasing an experience and started meditating just because I enjoyed it, I had an incredible experience.

I guess you find some things faster when you stop looking!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hi , I'm just here to ask for help on the empathy ability. I've had it for years but lately it's not working or is working but very rarely , i just want it back to the way when it worked, so I was wondering if anyone could help me or give me any info on it I'd apreciate it, thanks !

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naillik
Hi , I'm just here to ask for help on the empathy ability. I've had it for years but lately it's not working or is working but very rarely , i just want it back to the way when it worked, so I was wondering if anyone could help me or give me any info on it I'd apreciate it, thanks !

Hi Naillik,

Has anything changed in your personal life lately? Empathy is a question of connecting to and establishing a rapport with others and many times a change in your personal situation may leave you distracted or with a different state of mind that may not be conductive to the abilitiy.

For example, if you've recently learned that a parent was sick, your worry about them might generate a kind of subliminal distraction that prevents you from fully engaging with the people you are interacting with.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat117

Hey , yes that does make a whole lot a sense thanks so much wildcat117 !!!!! hehe it made me very happy just seeing the post LOL (hopefully saying this doesn't make me sound like a total loser LOL) well maybe my epathy is already coming back .... hopefully !

Thanks again, and I would also like to now if there are any ways to further develop empathy ????

Thanks again wildcat117 !!!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So many people who think they're super heroes, yet not one real video...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
How to Get that Suoerpowers and Become superhero with that Super-powers to save the World?

[edit on 28-1-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I consider all psychic abilities to be quantum energy transfer as guided by conscious or subconscious attention. Thought in interaction with the subtlest kind of vibration.

Most serious modern day psychics are interested in Quantum Physics. I have just read a few books on the subject, and on occasion encountered language that seemed like a subtle nod-and-wink indicative Quantum Physicists understand the link between Quantum Physics and psychic phenomenon.

That everything is vibration, that the smaller the vibrational component the less it encounters resistance the faster it travels and the more easily it is pushed around – such as by thought.

Hypothetically, this means that an elevated enough level of consciousness would provide one the ability to reform the fabric of reality itself – to such an extent miles of dirt could be directly transformed into miles of sand. The mind may not be capable of sustaining such an expansive level of focus, at mapping physical matter to such a degree as to be capable of reforming it, but it is possible because psychic energy itself is probably the composition of all that exists.

Abilities that are more common:

Telepathy: anything that can be thought, whether an emotion, a verbalization, an image, or an impression, can probably be transmitted or extracted. It is even possible to give someone an impression to behave a certain way without rooting that impression in an emotion.

Prophecy: tracing energy forward through time, parts of the mind not directly consciously accessed infer ultimate outcome. A mind uninhibited by abstraction, by language and symbolism (Samadhi, usually resulting from prolonged sensory deprived meditation in a still posture), can probably learn to travel forward and backward through the karmic flow.

I suspect that signals are sent and received by the mind because its attention has an inevitable vibration, and subconsciously, the mind perceives what the energy is encountering. This may explain abilities similar to prophecy, wherein you know what is happening in a far off place, especially if it is of significance to you.

Astral travel: I suspect energy feels out the environment, rather than physical bodily senses, & that travel can occur faster than the speed of light. w/i memories, to diverse locations, into images/symbols

Synchronicity Manipulation: That one's own energy of attention influences the opinions and behaviors of others, quite probably whether you like it or not, by interacting at some level with their energy of attention.

Shape Shifting: The memorization of a complex physical structure might provide one, by consciously altering one's own vibrational frequency, the ability to become it.

Teleportation: The elevating of one's vibration to such an extent one temporarily becomes pure energy, then the lowering of one's vibration when the target destination has been reached. If this method of teleportation were used, one could transport one's physical body to any location one could astral travel to, and move the physical body there at the same speed as moves the astral body.

Telekinesis, the generation of heat, and other kinds of energy manipulation, also probably result from vibrational editing.

Groupmind: the ability to network from the astral plane at the global level, to travel from place to place uniting diverse beliefs & abilities. *(try to keep psychic resistance movement transmissions telepathic).

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Watch this video of John Chang:

www.youtube.com...

reply to post by hippomchippo

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NicoWolf
reply to post by observigent

Hey im Nicole, and i am or waasss an empath, but idk whats happening to me now. like everything is blocked or something. i use to beable to sense peoples emotions, sometimes sense a little bit of what theyre think, even their personality after knowing them for a couple minutes... i wasn't that strong, but now its like everything is shut down, turned off, or whatever it is... i mean i LOVE my empathy... and i would like it back! plz help if you have an idea of what it is.

i can't U2U back yet because i lost my old accout and now i can't U2U anyone because of the point things... but you could reply me back on here or U2U me only that i can't reply, thanks tho!

Nicole,
It's impossible for you to truly lose your ability if you were once aware and practicing with it. The only way that could potentially happen is if you were to purposefully contain and control it or, in other words, turn down your ability, in a sense. Or, well, unless someone else did that to you. But you don't seem to be someone who has those sort of enemies.

So, first, let's start with a question, to try and figure out what exactly happened. When was the first time you realized you couldn't read people. Empathy isn't something that you can just turn on and off to read people. True Empathy begins in a way that you just feel overwhelmed by emotion, or emotionally drained, which often leads to feeling physically drained. Empathy is often uncontrolled, then has to be practiced heavily to control it to the point where you can "turn down" the roar of emotions around you. So, if you were, as I assume you were, at a controlled point... when exactly did you notice that you were... lighter, in a sense. If you truly are "lost" from your ability, it would be like a load is taken from your shoulders. Do you feel that way? If not, and you feel the same as always (with the exception of being able to read people) than you do in fact have your ability still. (Which should be the case). Answer this, and depending on your answer, we'll continue to solve this mystery, yes?

With All Due Respect,
Observigent

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
actualy I have abilitys and I think their is a reason some of us are "losing" abilitys and it has to do with the government. I have noticed that I seem to have a constant head ach not one that hurts but just sort of a fuzz and I cant seem to tap into any of my powers my strength is normal now I cant use any of my psychic abilitys its like their is a block.

I think the goverments have turned on some sort of blocking device that works on some of us. but this may be a good thing as our abilitys are still their and the more they block them the stronger they will become once their block is gone.

some of us still have their abilitys because not all of us are the same. so I am just waiting till mine come back stronger then ever.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?
2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?
3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?
4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

1: No, people have been claiming to see/have paranormal and mystical occurrences/abilities since humanity could first conceive of such things.

2: We hear about more of these happenings because of the global mass media. The number of "cases" may be the same, but more people are hearing about them.

3: The US government conducted scientific studies in the 60's with mind control, remote viewing, and other supernatural phenomena, and found no empirical basis for the claims. The MK Ultra project is probably the most famous of these. There are no "extensive training" programs for psychics anywhere in the world, except in maybe specific, small communes (Lilydale, NY, for example). The myth that people of the Far East somehow have spiritual powers dates back to the Middle Ages, when the Western world was first coming into meaningful contact with China, Japan, Korea, etc. Because Eastern religious and philosophical practices rely on the supposed manipulation of chi, a mystical spiritual energy that flows through the body and the natural world at large, Western explorers exaggerated these claims (as they were apt to do), and so we have tales of flying yogis and Eastern mystics divining the future via the I Ching.

4: The responsible thing for people with "powers" or "abilities" to do is to make themselves available for study and testing by the scientific community, and then perform whatever their so-called superpower is in a controlled laboratory setting where the phenomena, if any, can be studied on an empirical basis. That way, rather than staying on the fringes of reality and society, these people can at least attempt to receive some legitimacy to their claims. However, more often than not people with such abilities refuse to undergo scientific study, claiming that their powers don't work on demand or that they need to be in a particular setting (and one they can control and manipulate). How convenient. Others, such as British astrologer Neil Spencer, refuse to submit themselves to testing. In an interview with Richard Dawkins, Dawkins pointed out the very real fact that, because of the fact that Mr. Spencer refused to participate in a scientific experiment concerning the veracity and validity of his predictions that he, in his heart of hearts, didn't really believe in what he was doing; namely, making Astrological predictions.

Empirical Science and Reason must prevail over mysticism and superstition. Until such claims of telekinesis, telepathy, healing factors, flight/levitation, or any of the other myriad claims that are out there can be analyzed by rigorous scientific study in controlled laboratory settings, we cannot take stock in them as rational beings.

--for the Richard Dawkins/Neil Spencer reference, look up the documentary "Enemies of Reason", the entire thing is on Youtube. As for the MK Ultra reference, look it up on any of a number of websites. Wikipedia and Snopes in particular have good articles on the subject. Or just look up the original documents on The Smoking Gun.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
1) I think the opposite. I'm guessing that before the dark ages when magic was considered evil lots more people had gifts like these. Merlin for example, heroes like Hercules, even supposed 'gods' of the ancient world like Athena who had the gift of 'all encompassing wisdom' perhaps this is a display of psychometrics? During times like the witch hunt people with such powers were hunted and slaughtered, thus virtually ending the powerful race of people.
2) What we are probably seeing with this increase is likely just a change in ways. In the 60's, was it cool if you could move things with your mind? would you be kicked out of your home or taken away from your family for experements and tests on your abilities? probably. Now a days, people are, for what ever reason, less afraid to come out of the super power closet and admit to having some kind of paranormal ability.
3) I think back to Nazi experiments on people who had these abilities and wonder if our side wasn't doing equally as horrifying experiments. Did those expirements continue?
There is a certain amount of focus and discipline required to be a soldier, perhaps training people to focus is another way of bringing out supernatural abilities? It would be an interesting study, soldiers Vs. civillians for ESP.
4) There are actually, I've spent time in a few internet communities for the 'strong of mind'. Knowledgeseekers.com was my favourite but it is now regrettably unactive. the forums and threads are still there however for anyone wanting to read them.

Lots of sites exist for helping Otherkin ( people who believe they are mythical creatures like Vampires, lycans and Fae) cope with the onslaught of new abilities. I cannot vouch for their legitimacy or weather or not they are real but I suggest you check them out if you are interested in discovering others. www.fairysandvampires.com has become a cheap, roleplaying site but the leader "Herself" is always open to the paranormal.
a directory of otherkin and supernatural help sites can be found here :
otherkininthelight.piczo.com
it's badly run but has good links.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Verbiage]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The term "super-power" is typically frowned upon by recipients of these gifts/curses. They usually prefer the typical term related to their gift/curse. If the client is pre-cognitive, then pre-cognition. If they are telekinetic, then telekinesis. So on, and so forth.

As well, these gifts/curses are seldom so joyously portrayed. Often the client is a nervous youth who has no idea why they are experiencing what they are. Most times they are afraid they are "possessed" or somehow "broken". A lot of emotional and psychological turmoil can come from having a "super-power".

There are all kinds of odds-and-ends concerning who, why, and how. A lot of the information available via the internet is often wrong. Meditation, self-hypnosis, magical spells and the like will usually not make you into the next remote-viewer. Often times it is hereditary, passed down through the mother's side of the family to the daughters. Very rarely does a father, or his son, find they are in possession of these abilities.

This is one topic my research and continued study has come across quite frequently, but since these posts have limited capabilities I cannot linger too long on a single topic, so I will move on.

Concerning the history of these powers, all mythological figures possessed some kind of "sper-power" often ranging from spell casting, to super strength, to the ability to perform miracles (called Thaumaturge), to pre-cognition (prophets, sybil, seers). It is by no means a modern occurrence.

I hope this has been helpful to at least someone monitoring this board.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join