It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
im interested in sparing with anyone that can get out of their body,

reply to me here if you are also interested

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I always had a craving for blood. does that count as a "power"? Lol, its probably because I do not get enough iron.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
After reading many of the threads posted on ATS and other sites, reading many books & articles, and making observations in my daily life, I have come to the conclusion that there are some people on this planet who truly have abilities that in the comic book vernacular would be called "super-powers." These powers include:
* advanced psychic powers: clairvoyance, psychometry, remote viewing, telepathy
* telekinetic abilities
* possible electro-magnetic abilities
* magical abilities of an undetermined nature that can affect reality

Don't forget healing abilities.

My questions to the board are: 1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?

Very old...as old as primordial shamanism.

2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?

Hard to say.

3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?

Don't know it.

4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

People with these abilities are people who would have been tribal shamans had they been born in an indigenous culture. Shamans must pass their initiation and follow their inner promptings.

I think in the next 25 years these questions and this topic is going to be a very big issue in the world.

Since our survival depends on it I agree.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Pyschic-this has gotten me out of some potentially hazardous situations, people always consider me lucky, but I know

I also have this weird vision thing, I can see energy, its almost like I have hynogogic images without meditating, but its not exactly like that.

Ever since I did salvia, I have been able to see everything in pixels (I can do a lot with seeing patterns in it as well), but I can easily change it back to the normal state of seeing solid images, anybody know what this is all about??

[edit on 12-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

That sounds interesting. I'm currently compiling a book of short stories/experiences of people who've experienced paranormal things who are also considered by some to be "mad" or they term it a mad gift.

Your pixel thing reminds me of my own paranormal experiences, because they also seems just too darn strange to make sense of. I can remember a bunch so here are some: Seeing electrical light moving, this has happened numerous times. For instance I was messing with my camera and suddenly the memory jumped up to a higher memory...I don't know if that's normal? And then I was standing looking over a fence and saw a bunch of strings of electricity and it really freaked me out. I know they have an electric fence on the farm. But it was like a was seeing a web or net of all this electricity.

The pixal things, well if I go on youtube and pay attention to paranormal videos of people trying to use mind-bending for something like Telekinesis I can be sure it works but the universe doesn't want us to know because I too can change the video and image...this one is so twisted that it's hard to explain, and I have to be in a coffee twisted state to do it. But yeah, sometimes you can see things IN YOUR MIND that don't necessarily exist in others' minds, but who owns the validity? You see, we're all using our senses like binoculars to see things for what they are. With a pre-programmed mindset you will likely believe things in a dumbed down state or a practical state, which isn't so bad. Except it's better to be open in some cases to the paranormal, or else your caught in a never-ending loop.

So about your experience, you could be changing yourself but can you prove that you're changing anything but you? Once you can prove that, then you've got a real talent on your hands. I've tried to prove crazy stuff.
And this one is waaaay weird. This is probably my craziest one that I'm about to mention:

I was at home and I recorded a few songs while messing with the sound to make it sound strange and cool...and kind of messed up. After awhile I felt myself suddenly super attached to the song. I would listen to it over and over that night because I liked it. Well later on I turned on the radio and heard myself singing my song, a different song, in the songs...it was the strangest things. I MEAN FREAKING INCREDIBLE. I tried to actually show my dad to see if he heard it and he flipped out angrily saying that's just not real or possible and refused to listen....which is also strange.

It was definately crazyness, but I'm not sure I can explain it. I was definately projecting the song but was I projecting it to anyone but myself? Well, I believe it's possible others could have heard it to...because I know that I can project my thoughts and others can too. It started to freak me out after awhile. I would turn on a certain song, like Marilyn Manson and I heard my voice on a YOUTUBE video. Not just youtube, but the radio will suddenly sound like someone else entirely. I believe this is like another channel of reality as well. Like a higher or lower level of existence.

I guess the thing that was so weird about it was how the song was playing on the radio and on the videos without me thinking about them, in perfect harmony of the song with every part of the song. Either I have a really really really good memory or maybe I was using a part of my brain I don't use

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryu Albertson

Oh Yes I definately can. I would be willing to try, or test any of my so called psychic abilities for verification. I've gotten pretty good at sparring in the astral plane. I have to be in a certain state to have an OBE, which is pretty easy to get into. I'm a new member though so I don't know if you can PM me yet.

Hope the double post is ok?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Valedamar

I believe Im experiencing empathetic abilities and precog. dreams, although the dreams are never clear and i can only recall them at a later date when "triggered" by either a smell, touch,thought,place, ext.

Could really use some info on such things..have been dealing with these things for a long time now and the lack of understanding is draining.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think, initially, we were all programmed to do this stuff. Perhaps a clue to support my theory lies in the fact that we only use about of 10% of our brain capacity according to scientific study (BBC documentary-can't remember the name)...
If Adam and Eve turned out to have existed, betchya they could do it all before they went down the other road and it all got taken away...

[edit on 24-7-2010 by 5senses]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think the last thing we need or want, is for all people with "super-human" powers to come together and form their own little fraternity.... remember one side of the argument, "people are inherently bad"... I believe that now... whereas 15 years ago, I blindly believed that people were generally good.. NOPE! was I ever wrong..

Also, I believe that only people who are capable of all non-muscular strength powers, can only be "sensitive" if the exercise their minds through imagining. Before religion or the widespread belief of a higher power, people just scurried on about their lives, living from moment to moment. The concept of religion forces one to use their mind, opening up, in my opinion, the lesser known capabilities of the human brain/mind....

But who knows, I'm just me.....

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassie Clay

I just joined, so please give me a warm welcome. I have been lucking around for awhile, so I am really glad to be hear. Pardon my English, as its not my first language.

I agree, their are many "Actual" super-human-powers. I have a power I have never herd described hear, but I believe it is in fact a super-human-power.

Whenever its about to rain...I get a very stranger feeling in my legs and foot. Its totally odd. I get tingles and buzzy feelings, and yes, it rains!

I assure you I am 100% genuine. I don't know if this is a usefull super-human-power, but its is actual.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dR. kNOWITALL

Not to discredit your "super-human powers", however, some people with Arthritis get strange aches and pains in their joints, perhaps you should visit with an MD and find out if you have any bone joint issues... It is far more likely that you have a medical issue than your potential for having super human powers.. It's not me, it's just the law of probability.. anyhow, welcome! I too am new at ATS....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have an ability as well. At least, I think I do. I started out by trying really hard to focus energy into my hands. The first time I tried it took me about 20 minutes and I barely got any energy. I've honed my skill since then and now, without effort, I can put a lot of energy into them, to the point I feel like they'll burst. But no matter how hard I try I can't seem to use the energy for anything. I've never been able to use telekinesis, telepathy, energy balls, mental manipulation, mind-reading, or anything. All I have is this seemingly useless energy I can focus into my hands, and when I try real hard, my feet and eyes.

If anyone can give me information about what to do with this energy and how to channel it further, please send me a private message.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
why do i often consider why it is i swwm to float around existance. i have cokme across a phenomena as of late being the last two years where. if i put out a cigarette and walk away at the same time i am prone to floating away as oppossed to walking away. i think its the position of putting my mind in two places at once the creates the defiance of gravity

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I think these people have been around for a long time.

A man once told me the greatest luxury is meditation.

Just like when we work hard, our muscles grow and our body becomes stronger and we develop it.

When we focus mentally it is inevitable that it will grow, change and become stronger.

2000 years of certain bloodlines no longer having to focus solely on their basic survival has probably lead to a very interesting array of abilities.

I wouldnt be surprised if the next few generations really start getting attuned with these new human feats.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

Organic Buffalo Steak, Soooo good

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BlazingFire

Nothing in the human body is useless, especially energy.

Try using it for healing purposes, perhaps you possess some type of touch-healing capabilities.

If you can truly channel your spirit into your hands to a great extent , thats a big deal.

The spirit world is everything, learning to affect yourself is the beginning.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well, about the claims of martial artists: There is ZERO evidence that anyone can channel any form of enrgy into varios parts of their body to make it "indestructable" Shaolin monks have been putting on these demonstrations for years because it's their main source of income. None of these demonstrations are things that can't be done by anyone. They break iron bars over their heads, but their skulls are no stronger that ours. The bars are brittle pig-iron, riddled with air bubbles and impurities. You can hear this when it snaps.
You say people have levitated short distances...When has that ever happened? Of course there is a level nine thetan in the church of scientology who can fly, but she is only allowed to do it when no-one is watching.
Sure you can become incredibly strong, physically, but the whole mental-powers/chi/magic nonsense is just wishful thinking by people too lazy to do the physical training that would be required. If you want special powers, work your backside off. Because meditating and acting serene won't do a thing. (Not even if you do it in front of a dramatic sunset, somewere in tibet, with bare feet, and a guy playing some exotic musical instrument nearby)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Two times in my life I have heard of someone that can bi-locate. I've never seen it myself, but pretty similar and interesting stories.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can prevent myself from vomiting when I'm really drunk.

I can also whistle on command and snap my fingers. I'm an air-bender.

edit on 10-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jamuhn

Honestly, superpowers aren't nearly as glamorous as hollywood would have us believe. Though pharmaceuticals seem to enhance some of our senses, this should not be mistaken for anything "Super".

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

1- It is as old as humans on earth ,, I have solid facts about it from a thousand years ago ,, the reason we dont know much about ithe practice in the old days is simply the lack of communication elements of those days and the fear of those who practiced to be charged and suffer the consequences since people were not mature to undrestand them ,,

2- There is definatly a very sharpe increase in the interested people because as the human race we are becoming rapidly more mature and not deleting the information that we can not process ,,

3- You are suggesting if it should be taken seriously ?? it has been taken seriously for a long time but ordinary people dont know about it ,, why not in the west ? It is experienced in the west too ,, kind of properly too but again because of many existing limitations there it is not been publicised ,,

4- Peope will get together about this sooner or later if not already ,, it is inavetable ,, you know just like the 16th centuary when we at this time and age regard them as not being matured in their thoughts and minds, people who would possibly live in the 26th centuary would say that as well as 16th centuary people who lived in the 21th centuary despite all the advancment on technology, were still immature in many subjects relating to the humans themselves ,, for one people at this time and age are still wondering and even amazed at the idea of ghosts and invisible beings living with us at the same time ,, they still dont know and doubt if this is true or not ,, see they cant even acknowledge this very obvious situation ,, what do you expect ? but I am sure that in a 100 years time this would be as obvious as all other things that we can see ,,

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join