It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I cannot Send U2U Messages as I am New to this place. I would like to join this community of people if such a community exist.

I am not sure if i qualify as what is considered superpowered. I can ooze charisma or turn it off so much that I am forgotten within seconds of seeing me.. It's not invisibility.. I am a natural empath, I beleive this can be said about most people.

I read several post, well honestly about 5 pages worth.. Though dated 2004 mostly.. I am not sure my abuility is anything more then True use of my own intuition. I am not a handsome man, Yet I tend to be able to attract women. Uhm this is with no evil intent, Despite being aware of doing this.I don't actively control it. If i wish to be forgotten I am. If i want to be seen I am. Its like an attitude change close to a switch but half the time I don't realize it's on.

I can feel energies around me best described as fields of electricity, More static then anything harmful. I would best describe it as Like a force that connects everyone and thing together.

I often manipulate fights and debate to positive outcomes, Some of it is intuition I suppose experience. But some has to do with those energies.. Twisting them a little kinda like baloon animals.

Animals love me. I have never been bitten and have been told on many occasions" that dog hates everyone" Or "He has never been so nice to a stranger".

I do get hurt every now and again and though I do not regenerate. I do seem to heal quickly. Though I am not immune to disease, I do tend to shrug off most illness on the oft occurence I actually contract a cold.

I have never moved things with my mind, nor Telegraphed my thoughts to others. I have experienced what with reading seems to be Astral Travel,and thereby seeing physical things which I should not have been able to. Uhm I am not sure if that qualifies as remote veiwing.

Touching things I can sometimes see past events through them but I cannot harness that at will. Sometimes I get flashes most time nothing.

Again I do not know if any of this qualifies me for being some type of super hero. But Ii do feel a great many things lay dormant within me. I would like the chance to learn more, Perhaps even increase what I do know.

Therian Shadeslight

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Therian

Do you have any type of evidential accounts of any of these things? Testimony from people you have controlled empathically, witnesses to your visions via objects? Have you ever visited someone through what might be Astral Projection and had them confirm what you saw?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Testimony yes, All those who have witnessed it of my friends can attest to my seeing things.. Wheteher it is a supernatural occurence or logical deduction I couldn't really say, Save I know what I saw and when I repeated it to a friend he or she has assured me my vision was true.
Could they be humouring me..?

Yes I suppose they could and again I am sure it would be impossible for you to take their testimony on the money. Given that they are my friends.

Uhm as far as anything else It could all be displayed right in front of you. The remote veiwing as well I suppose given time and an article I must seek.
Therian Shadeslight

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Therian

Do not think that my response was one of skepticism. Quite the opposite. Psychic abilities, extra-sensory skills, and the general run of the mill "super-power" field is one of the avenues my research and exploration takes me to quite frequently.

I've made acquaintances with, and work on a regular basis with a group of psychics having abilities as diverse as pre-cognition, empathic control, 'magic', the ability to 'connect' with the dead and much more.

What I am missing is the 'how' of these abilities. Which brings me to why I asked you what I did. I collect testimony and accounts of the spiritual-mystical. It is my hope that by gathering this data I can start to make connections between the clients who have these abilities. Through this research (built upon the research of other great psychic / paranormal researchers) I hope to start figuring out explanations for these abilities, and eventually true methods of developing them.

[edit on 17/2/10 by Wandering Scribe]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Sorry I think I actually missed Your second question. I don't beleive it is nessarily control. I think it is just a mix of atiitude and insight. Useing alott of what I feel and see to get them to bend in such a way that they do it. Objectively I suppose that's allot like control but I feel it's more manipulation.

But understand I don't suggest they do anything to harm others or themselves. Nor do I force anyone into anything. In the end they still have their own thoughts, It had always been their choice.

As far as proof uhm If they knew then they accepted it, If they didn't I would never tell them. This could as well be displaed but again I think this is more just intuition, insight, experience, whathaveyou

Therian Shadeslight

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think we are at the same river and both lookin for a bridge. I know what I can do, Just not how most the time. Soemtimes something just clicks in me and it works.. Dream walking or astral traveling. I lay down meditate find my three focal points.. I don't know how its done in real psycic Channels.
But I have to Have three stable reference points in mind. I live in the central valley Callifornia. So I use the mountains around me.. They basically give me like a tripod affect I guess. A way to dreamwalk.
Then after centering I form the where I am going if I am searching forsomethin. If I am not looking for anything I just basically cruise around randomly.
The being forgotten thing is kinda some type of switch. I am looking for the how it happens. I had trouble with the law a few years back, half a year later I disappeared from the books. I don't know how but I went in to pay my fine and they said I had no record. This could be simple clerical error. As Far as turnin it on, Understand I am a man and pretty women do it for me.. So whence in the mood to cruise I guess i just ooze charisma might just be my attitude. I personally think I am average in looks and rather boring. But it never fails, well on average 9 on 10 times it works.
Feeling energies is kinda like just with every breath. Uh idon't understand how it works. I like to imagine its kinda like a snake testing the air for prey.. Like a little sencer that test's the winds finds the right vibrations...

I have read a few books but never have had any proper training. So thats the best I can give you.
Therian Shadeslight

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

Thank you Therian. Your explanations are in unison with many other up-and-coming psychics. The "how" remains unknown, but the ability continues to grow and expand.

The three-point focus for the meditation into astral projection is an interesting concept. I don't believe I've encountered that one before. I may run some trials of that on some of my clients and see if maybe they can perform with it too. If so, you may be verging on an answer.

Thank you.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I suspect telepathy can be used as a doorway into rapid psychic progress. The thought process utilised to manifest an ability can be inserted inside one's allies' .s. Doing so is the same as communicating any other thought or thought process.

Similar techniques can be used to produce emotional singularity, in a sense, directly deleting the ego in magnification of the heart. transitioning one's willing allies out of every emotion except love.

Astral travel amplifies such techniques.

When trust is perfected between one's self and one's allies, memory sharing becomes possible. If the technique of memory sharing is perfected, one's self and all of one's allies could potentially become hundreds of millions of years old - depending on how rapidly information can be transferred from person to person. Establishing this trust requires an intimate empathic and telepathic dialogue, and a lot of love. And commitment to the respect of the privacy of others, and blamelessness.

Amateurs might abuse these techniques to empower the Ego. In prevention of such, I can only provide a warning, and that the Ego inhibits evolution - through fear/deceit, imprint permanency, impulsiveness, projection, & the increasing stubbornness of increased pride.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
To invent new psychic abilities: List every psychic ability that is commonly (amongst psychics) believed to exist, all fake superpowers you have ever heard of, and briefly explain why real psychic abilities work.

I suspect it is because thought, and all that exists, is vibration, energy transfer

Learning to visualize in terms of social modelling might also be helpful. All the above information can be documented on paper within a time line, then imagined.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JohntheGood

Thought is a combination of chemical signals and electrical stimulation of neurons and synapses firing along preset pathways. Ask any neurologist, they'll tell you the same thing if they're worth their salt. The brain has no way of projecting energy, or manipulation of anything other than your nervous system. I'm not outright denying the fact that "psychics" may have some unique ability, but until they come forward and submit themselves to legitimate, controlled laboratory settings for study, we cannot as rational beings take that leap of faith (and that is exactly what it is) and assume that "psychic" abilities or other "superpowers" exist.

It strikes me as odd that there are millions of so-called psychics around the world, but not a single one of them has tried to legitimize their claims by sitting down in a controlled scientific setting and performing their talent. And those that have done just that have failed to reproduce their talent, claiming that "well it only works sometimes, I can't control it." How convenient for them.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Empiricism Prevails

Fortunately qigong master Chunyi Lin has clearly demonstrated that spiritual healing is real --

www.youtube.com...

Chunyi Lin has been working with the top hospital in the world -- the Mayo Clinic -- and here's video testimonials of people he has healed of serious diseases using mind energy:

www.springforestqigong.com...

There's hundreds of research results showing qigong works -- many from Harvard tests and published in Western peer reviewed hard science journals.

So spiritual healing is real -- the question then is how does one develop it and why does it work?

I did this research for my masters degree -- the main practice is called the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" and it's the basis for the kriya yoga lineage in India, mentioned also in Professor Eliade's book on yoga and is the basis for the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" translated by Charles Luk.

You can read about it here as well for free

www.scribd.com...

So the important emphasis is to use the lower body energy as the power for the mind.

I figured out that the ultrasound is created from mind focus and piezoelectric pressure -- and ultrasound then ionizes the electrochemicals of the lower body -- this works through the vagus nerve as parasympathetic relaxation.

And then the vagus nerve vastly increases the serotonin levels in the brain as ionization enables large molecules to bypass the blood brain barrier. And then as more mind focus ionizes the lower body then greater electromagnetic fields are created.

Finally the pineal gland is permanently magnetized. In the Level 3 class of springforestqigong.com... Chunyi Lin touches your fore. to permanently magnetize the pineal gland and then you can transmit healing energy to others through the mind.

The full lotus yoga posture is the most efficient -- 20 minutes is worth 4 hours of any other type of meditation. Chunyi Lin went 49 days in a cave in full lotus in China through qigongmaster.com... -- taking no sleep, no water and no food the whole time.

This is called "bigu" in China -- Chemistry professor Rustom Roy held a conference on bigu and there are Western published results proving people going weeks without water and food while maintaining normal levels of nutrition and health.

I, myself, went 8 days on just half glass of water and yet my electromagnetic mind energy got much stronger -- the top of my skull got soft and pulsated with electromagnetic energy and I could electrolyze water from the atmosphere. I was never hungry and I needed less and less sleep and I did powerful healings on people, also I had telepathy, telekinesis and precognition.

So this is done, again, through the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" because the energy first goes up the back and then down the front so it is properly balanced and then the increased electromagnetic energy is stored in the "Lower tan tien" or the energy field behind and below the stomach.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

You claim to have experienced these fantastic abilities, and have pulled together enough pseudoscience to make yourself sound legitimate. What you need to do at this point is contact the CSI (Committee for Skeptical Inquiry) and request to be tested in a controlled laboratory setting. Cure someone in front of them, survive 8 days without food or water (and miraculously remain in perfect health), move an object with your mind, and read the thoughts of a given subject, all under strict scientific observation, and get the results published. Then (and *only* then) will I believe you. Rather, only then *can* I believe you, as a rational being grounded in hard science. Why haven't you done this before? Certainly you would want to legitimize your claim and bring positive credit to the practice, right?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Empiricism Prevails

Magic James Randi called Chunyi Lin a fake before he knew anything about Chunyi Lin! Randi didn't even want to test Chunyi Lin even though Chunyi Lin has said he is willing to do any tests by scientists and Chunyi Lin has a new study on him done by the Mayo Clinic -- the top hospital in the world!!

Sounds like you don't know much about CSICOP (or whatever they've changed their name to now)....

www.tricksterbook.com...

paranormaltrickster.blogspot.com...

The ancient taboo is still active today. Members of religious congregations often encounter direct prohibitions. Within academe, derision and ridicule enforce the taboo—and CSI serves as an agent of enforcement. But the stigma of the paranormal is not just any taboo. It’s fundamental to the nature of taboo itself. Freud had some insight into this. Drawing upon anthropological findings, in Totem and Taboo he noted that:

As I've already stated the Mayo Clinic -- the top hospital in the world, just finished a study verifying qigong:

springforestqigong.com...

"Medical Research

and Spring Forest Qigong

Two new research studies, one by doctors at the Mayo Clinic, have found Spring Forest Qigong techniques effective in relieving Chronic Pain. A brief synopsis of each study is below. The studies are soon to be published. We will provide complete information as soon as it becomes available.

External Qigong for Chronic Pain,
Results from a Randomized Controlled Clinical Study
Jamia Hill, RN, DC; Anne Vincent, MD,
Stephen Cha, PhD., Nisha Manek, MD, MRCP
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

Objective:

Chronic pain is highly prevalent in the general population. Adequate clinical management of chronic pain is an ongoing challenge and a purely pharmaceutical approach has proven inadequate. We investigated the efficacy of external Qigong [Spring Forest Qigong technique] as an adjunctive treatment for chronic pain.

Conclusions:

Subjects with chronic pain who received external Qigong experienced reduction in pain intensity following each Qigong treatment. This is especially impressive given the long duration of pain in the majority of subjects."

There are hundreds of qigong studies published in peer-reviewed science journals:

Journal Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry

External Qi of Yan Xin Qigong induces G2/M arrest and apoptosis of androgen-independent prostate cancer cells by inhibiting Akt and NF-κB pathways

Volume 310, Numbers 1-2 / March, 2008, Pages 227-234

Xin Yan1, 2, Hua Shen2, Hongjian Jiang3, Chengsheng Zhang4, Dan Hu5, Jun Wang2 and Xinqi Wu3

(1) Institute of Chongqing Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chongqing, China

(2) New Medical Science Research Institute, New York, NY, USA

(3) Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA

(4) McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada

(5) Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA

Long-term clinical observations and ongoing studies have shown antitumor effects of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong (YXQG-EQ) that originated from traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). In order to understand the molecular mechanisms underlying the antitumor effects of YXQG-EQ, we investigate the effects of YXQG-EQ on growth and apoptosis in androgen-independent prostate cancer PC3 cells. We found that exposure to YXQG-EQ led to G2/M arrest associated with reduced cyclin B1 expression and apoptosis in PC3 cells. YXQG-EQ treatment inhibited constitutive and epidermal growth factor-induced Akt phosphorylation, basal and TNF-α-induced NF-κB activation, and downregulated anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL expression. In contrast, exposure to YXQG-EQ increased phosphorylation of Akt and Erk1/2 in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC), and had no cytotoxic effect on either HUVEC or peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC). These results indicate that YXQG-EQ has profound effects on growth and apoptosis of prostate cancer cells by targeting survival pathways including the Akt and NF-κB pathways.

Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38(12):2102-13. Epub 2006 Jun 27.

External Qi of Yan Xin Qigong differentially regulates the Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathways and is cytotoxic to cancer cells but not to normal cells.

Yan X, Shen H, Jiang H, Zhang C, Hu D, Wang J, Wu X.

Institute of Chongqing Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chongqing, PR China. smkj2006@yahoo.com

Long-term clinical observations and ongoing studies have shown significant antitumor effect of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong which originated from traditional Chinese medicine. In order to understand the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the antitumor effect of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong, we have examined its cytotoxic effect on BxPC3 pancreatic cancer cells and its effect on the Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathways. We found that external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong dramatically inhibited basal phosphorylation levels of Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinases, epidermal growth factor-mediated phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases, and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity. External Qi of Yan Xin Qigong also inhibited constitutive and inducible activities of nuclear factor-kappa B, a target of the Akt and epidermal growth factor receptor pathways. Furthermore, a single 5min exposure of BxPC3 cells to external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong induced apoptosis, accompanied by a dramatic increase of the sub-G1 cell population, DNA fragmentation, and cleavage of caspases 3, 8 and 9, and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase. Prolonged treatment with external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong caused rapid lysis of BxPC3 cells. In contrast, treatment of fibroblasts with external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong induced transient activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases and Akt, and caused no cytotoxic effect. These findings suggest that external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong may differentially regulate these survival pathways in cancer versus normal cells and exert cytotoxic effects preferentially on cancer cells, and that it could potentially be a valuable approach for therapy of pancreatic carcinomas.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Superhero films should played by people specially trained to developing their superpowers

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This can be useful for reducing reliance on Stupid high tech gadgets and weaponry

[edit on 1-3-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Is there's Special Forces that it's members are specially trained to Develop Superpowers?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Empiricism Prevails

Thought is a combination of chemical signals and electrical stimulation of neurons and synapses firing along preset pathways. Ask any neurologist, they'll tell you the same thing if they're worth their salt. The brain has no way of projecting energy, or manipulation of anything other than your nervous system. I'm not outright denying the fact that "psychics" may have some unique ability, but until they come forward and submit themselves to legitimate, controlled laboratory settings for study, we cannot as rational beings take that leap of faith (and that is exactly what it is) and assume that "psychic" abilities or other "superpowers" exist.

It strikes me as odd that there are millions of so-called psychics around the world, but not a single one of them has tried to legitimize their claims by sitting down in a controlled scientific setting and performing their talent. And those that have done just that have failed to reproduce their talent, claiming that "well it only works sometimes, I can't control it." How convenient for them.

Read this and Deny ignorance.

www.news.com.au...

Seems like you don't even need a psychic to show the powers of the mind. This is only the beginning of scientific studies and comprehension that had long been known to exists in true exponents of pyschic abilities.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Very interesting subject. Personally I question most psychics for the simple fact of the fox sisters being the first noted case of psychic abilities and on there death bed told the truth that they were in fact not psychics...one of u said there girlfriend could hurl energy balls and knock people over??? That's something I would have to see to believe...my opinion is the majority of these selfproclaimed pyschics are scam artists looking to make a buck but to each his own. Not trying to offend anyone its just my belief

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Empiricism Prevails
reply to post by JohntheGood

...And those that have done just that have failed to reproduce their talent, claiming that "well it only works sometimes, I can't control it." How convenient for them.

There are many reasons why such a "talent" may not be reliable enough to work on demand every time, or in every situation. Our method of sitting someone in a lab setting and demanding repeatability in a contrived situation may well be disruptive to the process we are attempting to prove.

But, even with that consideration, I agree that failure to repeat this phenomenon in a scientific experiment renders it "unproven".
However, "unproven" doesn't mean impossible.

Realize that of all the claims of supernatural occurances reported throughout all of history, if even only one is/was true, repeatable or not, the phenomenon would exist. And if these phenomenon are rare, the chance of scientific proof is low.

As much as science requires repeatability and scrutiny to "prove" something true, science also requires only one actual real occurance to make it true.

The point to ponder is, was every single report of a supernatural occurance throughout all of human history wrong, or, is a supernatural occurance simply difficult to prove by standard scientific methods?

That is the real question...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NickK3

Because Western math relies on symmetry while paranormal powers rely on complementary opposites. naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... for details.

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join