It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angel One

I've only posted on ATS once way back in April or so and I haven't posted since then. You're post on this thread about super powers caught my attention that I had to post in this thread too. If I ever met someone who had some sort of power I would be a little bit scared at first, but also really excited because then it would be a reassurance to me that there's more to life than what meets the eye. Also the fact that the government and media are just covering up all these facts up. But anyway, if I were to try and see if I have some sort of power would I go about exploring it by meditation or keeping some sort of dream journal?

Not sure if this will help figure out my potential powers or whatever, but a few things I will say about myself is that ever since I was around 3 or 4 years old I've been obsessed with anything that has to do with a screen, especially animated ones. So I've played a bunch of video games from the Atari 2600 to the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, and Nintendo DS. I also like to edit videos whenever I work up enough motivation to do so. Anyway, that's what I've been into since then. Another thing I'm kinda good at is anticipating at what people will do or say to me based on my personal experiences. Probably everyone has this talent, but I'm just kinda throwing it out there to see if it'll help figure out if I have any potential for predicting the future or whatever other special abilities people have posted here. I do suspect some people are simply just trolling for kicks and giggles, so I'm still a little bit skeptical about what responses users may respond to this post or what even you, Angel One, may write to me.

I'll stop writing for now. I know we're pretty much strangers on the internet and all, but you wrote ALOT in those three posts and not very many users do that often. So I hope that I can at least tempt a response from you if that's all right. Anyways, see ya around on ATS.

PS: This website is awesome. Wish I had found this website years ago, but I guess everything has a time and place.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The thing is, it is not just the media that covers these things up. We also cover things up OURSELVES for fear of ridicule and denial of others etc...

Even those who have seen first hand, believe in you, and love you, keep silent too, not announcing what you are for fear of THEM looking crazy, so everything is allways kept in the closet.....it goes deep.... the secrecy, on ALL levels.....

Kinda weird, like a paralelle to what sexual abuse is, not talked about, denied, intimidated to keep silent...etc, etc, etc..... VERY strange parallel actually....

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
well i tried chronokinesis with a clock that ticks every second and its either i did it or my imagination but i think the ticks started ticking faster and faster

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i also think i made a psi ball once

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Can you tell me how it happened in 1986? What did you do exactly to make it happen? I have sometimes some great feelings that last only few seconds. But it feels like i could do anything, pure hope and power. Too bad i cannot control it and make it become permanent, i think i would really become unlimited.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Angel One

I don't get it. What exactly is happening to you? And who are these "ennemies" you are talking about?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yeas super powers are real... I actually manage to have some. But we like to call them abilities not powers. Mine is Vitakinesis which is healing. And my other one is Energy Manipulation... Yes we do have online communities where we talk to eachother. Some meet in person, but I don't because I'm only 13. The site I go on is the people with abilities and we help eachother out (BTW the site is a forum). But yeah... Anyone can develop on psychic abilities which includes and type of -kinesis. I developed Vitakinesis... I wasn't born with it. But I was born with Energy Manipulations. Hope this helps. And if you want to learn more just speak up! ^_^

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I have been away for quite a while,things have not been going well for me. Aparently the ONLY REASON why the group of people i am supposed to be freinds with associate with me is because of my abilites. I cannot get together with them without one of them bringing the subject up. One guy constantly tries to provoke me into arguements......then when they think i am stupid enough to actualy strike out in anger,they stop. Whispering to each other in voices loud enough for anyone to hear" You know what he can do, why did you say this or do that?" "I'll calm him down just get out of here!" It is then i see the fear in their eyes.Needless to say this betrayal has left me extremely saddened. I never brought up anything about myself in this regard. One of them got 'olta and threw punches at my face, to me they looked like someone who was barely in motion, but i ducked anyway as if to disprove their theories about me. The freinds that betrayed me long ago are not the same group i was until recently associated with,they were told stories about me by the other group and now are curious to the extreme. Any one have any sugestions on how to deflate this situation?I know what lashing out in anger can do, especially to a human face.I know i must always be in control of my temper and constantly redirect the energy in more postive activites,but mentaly it still stings.These are people i have known for many years and fear is the LAST thing i ever look to bring out in anyone ; for those who "demand" proof of this ability or power think about it. I like the others who have told of their special gifts are despite what we can do are still beings with feelings like any other. ......I find the idea of forming a real grouping of mutants like myself intriguing, has anyone looked into this possibility?.......Thanks for listening,Pietro

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, this is interesting...Allow me to list my abilities, if it would be of any use to people.

I can see AND hear spirit beings. I discovered this after I started hanging out with a group of friends who practiced this, including a wiccan.

I can increase the temperature of an object. This happens beyond my control. I've lost many a pair of trainers due to melting right through them
I also lightly singed somebody's shirt when the annoyed me.

I have the emphatic abilities, as it seems many people do. I have also experienced moments of heightened reaction times, as it seems many other people also have.

This last ability...I've only ever used it once, and I don't remember using it. I'm six years old, and my parents put me in bed, and turn off the lights, shutting me in my room. My last memory is being scared, probably of the boogieman, or some childish thing like that. Anyhow, my parents walk into the kitchen, about 10 seconds later, and I am there, finishing a glass of water.

I don't know to this day whether or not it was teleportation which I achieved. I hope somebody on here can explain it to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This one time... i watched X-Men 1 2 and 3 and thought WOW it would be so cool if i had super powers. So then i logged onto to the local paranoidy/lonely/i wanna be cool website and pretended that i have those powers.

However when anyone asks me to prove it i can't, because it only works if you believe in it and/or no-one else is looking.

The last super power i realised i had was Teleportation... i fell asleep in london(on a train) and woke up in Sheffield (on a train)

I'm so cool.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FAQAmerica
This one time... i watched X-Men 1 2 and 3 and thought WOW it would be so cool if i had super powers. So then i logged onto to the local paranoidy/lonely/i wanna be cool website and pretended that i have those powers.

However when anyone asks me to prove it i can't, because it only works if you believe in it and/or no-one else is looking.

The last super power i realised i had was Teleportation... i fell asleep in london(on a train) and woke up in Sheffield (on a train)

I'm so cool.
I just logged onto the forum and found this dreck. I don't know who you are and quite frankly i couldn't care less.Your ignorance really suprises me, thet why i put your inane drivel in quotes.Let's look at the points in your rather bombastic message:1.) I hate to dissapoint you but i do not have to pretend to be anything i am not,i honestly was looking for someone who might have some words of confort,some idea on how to deal with the situation i am in; unfortunately i was answered by someone with no clue at all.2.)I was outed by some people i thought were freinds several years ago, i did not think the two groups even knew each other.It would be hard to say i can do what i can when no one is looking, which is something i never said: The first time my abilites/powers/whatever you wish to call them, manifested themselves, it was in front of 4 people who all had bigger mouths than anything else. The X-Men movies were just that , Movies; works of fiction. What i am talking about is fact . The person who refuses to let their curosity find other avenues has ,driven by first hand accounts of what i can do,made it his goal to either prove or disprove if it is true.The problem is the deeper he digs, the more true it becomes, this angers him, and others because this doubter who has a advanced Science Degree cannot believe his own eyes .This causes him to become more insistant on disproving it and the cycle continues. and 3.) I am not paranoid or a wanabe ok? The fact is that they are afraid of me,i can see it in how they act around me.As for my comment about having to control my temper at all times, also quite true. I ruined someone's life by accident several years ago, never raised my hands in anger since[somethime life's lessons are cruel but also i guess necessary] too bad the message i just responded to wasn't among them..Pietro

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That's a lovely story you wrote there. What "super powers" do you have that can't be proved by a simple video upload?

But good luck with your mutant group... i'm sure you and the other parents-basement dwelling super heroes will change the world.

Seriously... if i had any sort of "super power" i wouldn't log onto this website and try and convince people that i do. Grow up and get on with your life... you are not special.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Personally, I feel that anybody who has superpowers does not have to prove it to you. You ain't the chief justice of above top secret. I never claimed that I had superpowers. I call them "Scientific Phenomenons". You want us to prove that these "powers" exist. Prove to us that they don't then.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by smits017
Personally, I feel that anybody who has superpowers does not have to prove it to you. You ain't the chief justice of above top secret. I never claimed that I had superpowers. I call them "Scientific Phenomenons". You want us to prove that these "powers" exist. Prove to us that they don't then.

That's the most stupid thing i've ever read on here. You want me to prove to you that Super-powers DON'T exist?? The mere fact that no-one has ever shown these super powers in public or video yet a few dozen members of a conspiracy and paranormal forum claim to have them yet "dont want to prove it"... is proof enough.

This isn't a roleplaying forum ok... stop living out your fantasies on here and grow up.

Go to your doctor, show him your scientific phenomenon, ask him to write a letter saying you have a supernatural ability and post the letter on here. Or... let me guess you dont want the government snatching you away to test on you. Your telekinisis will help you flip the burgers at that fast food place you work at... or maybe you could use your mind-reading ability to pre-empt my order.

Smh

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
These topics never fail to make me laugh, all these sad people claiming to be super heroes because they have nothing else to be claim to be special about, so they have to make up some BS and brag about it.

None of you have super powers, get over yourselves. Stop reading comics and go out in the real world for a change.

As I said quite a while ago when one of these stupid topics popped up then, I will pay anyone willing to prove their powers $500,000 American dollars. Nobody has yet taken me up on this offer, because you're all lying for attention.

Oh, and let me add that those of you that truly 100% believe you actually have super powers, please get actual psychological help, you are in dire need of it. You people are so ridiculous that you make ATS the laughing stock of the internet. All of 4chan is laughing at you sad people claiming to have super powers. You're all so distorted and honestly believe you have these powers, how weird your typical daily life must be if you believe such a thing.

Sad people, I pity you. Each and every one of you liars posting that you have super powers, so ridiculous. How about one of you step up to the plate and prove it? I promise, I'm not a mutie hater, just a giant skeptic on people having super powers!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My empathy skills have detected that you don't believe in the BS that is super powers.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ah guys...You know about the laws of energy?

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed to new forms, etc atc, right?

Well, The heat thing I "do" (put that in speech marks for your benefit), could this not be down simply to the transfer of potential energy to heat energy?

Fast reactions=adrenaline

The teleportation thing I would be sceptical about too...If I knew how I managed to overtake my parents on the stairs, beat them downstairs, and pour AND drink a glass of water before they entered the kitchen, then I would not have put that in my post.

As for your claims about people believing in superpowers needing to grow up...I have never personally said I have superpowers. These things are an ability, as much as more mudane things such as painting or singing. In fact, these are gifts I would rather possess.

I don't claim to be a superhero, and I have put forth scientific theories to what I think has occured. If you can't accpet somebody else's opinion without having a dig at them, perhaps it is not us that should grow up, but you.

and FYI...Empathy is not a superpower, it's a common trait, which enables humans to put themselves in somebody elses shoes. The fact that you don't possess this trait is ironic.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I never claimed Empathy was a super power.

As far as your "teleporting" story... i think you are lieing and or been lied to by your parents. Since all you have is your word on this and since you havent teleported into my house to prove it then i think its a load of crap.

Surely ONE of you powerful psychics/witches/super heroes can either appear to me, speak to me or float me in the air. Or are all your abilities for the purpose of getting glasses of water faster than the average man?

Most people in here are making up these ridiculous stories.
Others are confusing things like perception and awareness as super powers.

You are sad and deluded if you think you have the ability to read minds/teleport/move objects with your mind/fly/stop time/slow time/see the future etc

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I feel like I have a connection with nature in a supernatural way like for one I am very in tune with my instincts if it dosnt feel right it almost always isnt.

I always have had a strong connection with animals more then I do people they are so easy to understand and always have it together.

From the looks of things we are the most destructive of all creatures on the planet I think thats why I have such a respect for nature.

I have had dreams come true before in one way or another some times taking a month or two to actually happen.

I think if we learned to control our minds more we could heal ourselves at a more rapid pace and live a much longer life but I think it will be quite a few years before we see that.

but only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northernwolf
I feel like I have a connection with nature in a supernatural way like for one I am very in tune with my instincts if it dosnt feel right it almost always isnt.

I have had dreams come true before in one way or another some times taking a month or two to actually happen.

You have a supernatural connection with nature... yet your posting this on the internet. What makes you feel this is supernatural? Lots of people prefer the company of animals.

I've had dreams come true... i've dreamt about scoring a goal in my next match, i've dreamt about getting a 1st in my degree. These things coming true aren't supernatural at all. My dreams are often hopes or predictions of what will happen tomorrow/next week etc, obviously sometimes they come true.

Nothing you have described is supernatural.

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join