It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassie Clay

I think its a good idea too. I'm quite open with my so called "abilities". I don't have telekinesis or anything like that. But I have beyond human hearing. I can hear you tapping you finger lightly against the carpet. I can sometimes sense things like paranormal things. And sometimes I hear the paranormal. Like little phrases or noise. I can run fast but I tire out easily. I know fighting moves but I've never learn any sort of martial arts. I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to the paranormal. I'm real good at looking into someone's real nature. I have various abilities and I'm real open with them. So I'm kinda like the paranormal to those normal people. Especially sometimes when my skin or flesh starts to jump, literally jump!

I would love to be able to go to such a group where I can talk with my own kind if that's the case. However, no one ever proposed it and no one really talks to me unless they don't know about me being part of the paranormal.

I really hope a group like that exists.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OutlanderHuman24

#! I'm quite open with my abilities! My fourth grade teacher's boyfriend was from the military! He kept staring at me! #! #! #! But that was years ago....

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Still no proof of any of your supposed abilities then?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
wow this thread is huge.

I havent read all of the replys (slowly getting there) so i appoligise if i repet something that has allready been said.

But so im very intreasted in studying this kind of topic.
I have started to do some research online oh the cases that the media has documented and here is the main proportion of what i have got.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I have found people whos powers include

-Rapid heat generation
A man who could go jogging in snow.
Buddist monks who can increase the heat in the fingers and toes by 17 degrees.
Buddist monks who generat heat energy from their bodies.

-Echolocation
Two boys who are blind are can see with the clicking of there tongues.
The elder one sadly died from cancer.
The youngest one was tought this power by Daniel kish (founder of the world access for the blind).

-super strength
A Baby whos gentic mutation in the mothers womb caused extreme muscular growth (at the age of 4 he could lift six times the avarage 4 year old).

- X ray vision
A young girl who can correctly diagnose medical conditons using her X-ray eyes.
(this is the one im realy intrested in)

-enhanced reactions
A man can catch speading paintballs and arrows and can punch faster than bruce-lee when in his prime.

-extream fasting
A young budist is aming to mediting for 6 years he claims that he whent without food and water fore more than 7 months back in 2005

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by backtobasics

- X ray vision
A young girl who can correctly diagnose medical conditons using her X-ray eyes.
(this is the one im realy intrested in)

I've seen the documentary of this girl. She is from Russia if I'm not mistaken. The methods used to test her were a bit questionable, but she has since been discredited.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the correction , and yea she was from Russia. Wow im a bit disapointed i would have loved to think that she had some form of X-ray.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hi Cassie,

This is a topic near and dear to me... I'm actually writing a book on it.

I absolutley believe that these abilities exists. I've experienced a number of them first hand over the years, and I've been fortunate enough to witness some others.

These are definitely not new phenomena. Ancient India texts from something like 5000 years ago go into very specific detail about many of these powers/abilities (which they call Siddhis, or "Spiritual Attainments")and the exact steps on the road to their aquisition. Practicioners are actually cautioned that these abilities are a distraction on the road to true enlightnement and should be viewed for the most part as a temptation to be avoided.

I am of the opinion that many things that we would probably consider "magic" today was a matter of science in the distant past but that much of that knowledge was lost over time. Just as today we have some extraordinary atheletes who have honed their bodies to produce exceptional performances through the application of the correct exercises, in the correct ways, and with absoulte dedication, I think there may have been "mentaletes" who honed their minds in a similar way.

Just as a normal person can not perform as well as a trained athelete physically, neither can a regular person hope to experience these mental/psychic performances without a similar amount of dedication to their mental development.

I think that these abilities are ancient, natural, primal abilities whose potential exists in all of us and that we have simply lost touch with.

From my experiences, I would say that the serene, and intensely focused mindset that is required to produce any of these abilities is a skill that is not common in the general populous, and the "depth" needed to get to the really cool "objectively verifiable" abilities is not even common for the folks who are relatively good at the various "informational" psychic abilities.

With our culture of instant gratification and all the modern distractions available to us, it seems to me that culturally it is becoming more and more unlikely that people will be able to touch these abilities.

I think that people who do have these abilities would be wise to keep a very low profile since so many people fear what they don't understand, and envy what they don't posess. Fear and envy make for an excellent recipie for mischief!

I know that folks with these abilities can and do find each other and often not through conventional means... in my case I met folks through a series of bizzare coincidences which kind of threw us together, and then there was a kind of "knowing" that we were in like company.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
All of us have Sixth Sense Superpowers but Materialism has disable it.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by observigent

k who doesnt want to talk about micheal buble?! he is da bomb! and humains cant explain him! so go calm your hormones and EAT SOME APPLES! ...............or bananas, whichever works

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
oh well, for the record here is what i can do

heal through talking (emotional healing)
sence true emotion in people :
depression, confusion, hurt, pain, happiness, warmth..etc..etc..etc

i have been told i am a HELPER ...

....if you beleive that kind of thing.

throuble with me is i dont, but i still can do all that..

I have that sort of extreme empathy as well. Kinda difficult to control sometimes isn't it? It can really distract you sometimes.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by observigent

Hey im Nicole, and i am or waasss an empath, but idk whats happening to me now. like everything is blocked or something. i use to beable to sense peoples emotions, sometimes sense a little bit of what theyre think, even their personality after knowing them for a couple minutes... i wasn't that strong, but now its like everything is shut down, turned off, or whatever it is... i mean i LOVE my empathy... and i would like it back! plz help if you have an idea of what it is.

i can't U2U back yet because i lost my old accout and now i can't U2U anyone because of the point things... but you could reply me back on here or U2U me only that i can't reply, thanks tho!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ive encountered abilities and really they are only limited by your imagination.. ofcourse they should have conditions that can be perceived.

what I have learned is that we can manifest every possibility by means of knowing, desiring, dreaming, and reacting to them as if they were there but knowing that they are not (enjoying a dream)

during a time of major depression I used my environment to grow purpose and happiness. everything led to another step upward and I was able to perceive a path that was desired to me. through knowing what I desired and deciphering the atmosphere around me, feeling and enhancing what I perceived I was able to use the natural occurrences that manifested in the world to actually manifest what I wanted. weather what I manifested was mine or simply the will of my ordeal and location is still a bit foggy but amazing things happen with the law of attraction.
I called this higher knowing god but the consciousness still myself. Some of you will know what I mean, probably because you have lived with this for sometime.
that inner knowing, comforting, like knowing how a conversation will play out but still asking questions as if in the unknown, the enjoyable sensations running through your body.

so I have mostly talked of how I learned my powers but I have not told them.
mostly Ive been trying to explain that everyone can have them.
I'm a empath, manifester, psychoanalysis. I dont know how to sum up my other abilities, but I can see energy and I used to be able to figure out how anything worked... its complicated but any questions that I had pertaining to something I wanted to learn would recreate themselves in a similar but different situation, from that truth I could figure out how it worked.. sure its logic but its more intuitive and usually happens as I ask a question or right after. I reasoned that since I was open to almost everything that my questions before hand derived from a chain of events that was supposed to happen... to say it simply.. my questions were asked and answered before I took the path that led to that chain of events.

such examples that led me to this conclusion are:
channeling lightning storms into myself, pointing to where they would touchdown, blinking and twitching my eye lids per intensity of lightning strikes before they would actually touch the ground.
feeling the atmosphere of the sky and locating where meteorites would flash upon the sky. (this one still has me in awe)
I asked a question outloud, asking for physical manifestation of the answer. so I stated my question and envisioned where this manifestion would happen. I pointed my camera to where it would happen, I asked for a meteor to stike in the specifc location. to validate that what happend could not be a matter of chance I asked for it to be red. then I took the picture but I ended up shaking the camera right as I left my hand from the button...ruining the picture.. in panic I said WAIT WAIT I messed up give me 30 seconds to take another, so once the picture finished exposing I took another and Right when I took the picture my red meteorite materialized where I pictured it would.

things like this would happen all the time.

I ended being a jackass and expected answers for all my minute questions ... replacing my empowerment with doubt.

there are alot cooler things than being able to push straws across a table etc ... although I am quite good with a psiwheel.
just think of what you want and make it happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
and yet again, if anyone can prove to me or to this topic that they truly have super powers, i will give you a check worth 500,000 dollars. no. questions. asked

Reason: Because i dont believe it, i dont believe any of you. You're just ordinary people, with maybe a boring, every day life, and you want to feel special about yoursleves, so you claim you have some mutant abilities like empathy or ability to read minds or affect reality, when you really dont, sadly

I wish I had powers, but if i did they would be something worth while, like teleportation, flight or immortality

u2u

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

I honestly wouldnt mind taking you up on that offer.. I can explain it quite bluntly or make it complicated and esoteric for your enjoyment..

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The spirit of prophecy comes from God

I can accurately predict events from one week , to 23 years , so far,
into the future .
On one occasion , I saw[in a vision] a fighter jet take off , and lose it's front wheel.
I contacted, and met , the head of the airforce , and he had a cable
braking system installed [aircraft carrier type] on that particular runway.
Two months later it happened , two pilots saved .
A week before it happened , I told a workmate , and then he told everybody he knew , that I was a terrorist . WHAT A JERK.
This is not a superpower. The spirit of prophecy is from God .
My nickname is radar because I get weird premonitions , that
are very real !
e.g In 1974 , I visited Thredbo ski resort in N.S.W to go skiing .
One night I had a vision of part of the resort collapsing in a
landslide , and killing 18 people![1 survivor-stuart diver] to happen in 1997
The next morning I went straight to the mountain admin.-[forestry commission] and demanded to see the boss .
While I was waiting , a little kid walked past me , and the girl on
the desk , spoke to him ,and called him stuart diver!
I then told him that in 23 years he would be buried alive ,then
rescued[at thredbo].He thought I was nuts , but I told him to send his parents into the office to see me .They arrived 10 mins. later , and I told them what I knew , and begged his father to make sure when he married , to buy him a ground floor flat , the only thing that SAVED HIM.! Tragically hi new wife died next to him , before the rescue. His parents were non-believers , but his father promised to follow my instructions. I saw the forestry comm. boss and drew on the map , where the disaster would happen , and explained that a leaking water pipe on a road that hadn't yet been built, would cause the landslide . There were no lodges there yet either .
Next thing the cops were there ,and the local FBI butthead.
Luckily one of the cops had faith and promised to form the
"Alpine rescue service" , which he did .
On the date I'd predicted , [in 1997]the hillside collapsed from
a leaking water main . Alpine rescue service saved stuart , and his father immediately became a Christian . Praise God.
As you can imagine I was upset that the other 18 had perished , but I did my best .
[oh , I was evicted from the mountain that day in 1974 , ski trip cut short].
That is not an isolated incident , I still get many visions , and always attempt to change the lead - up circumstances .
Sometimes I can and have . Praise God . HE is very real!
This is not a superpower . The spirit of prophecy is from God.
And NO this has nothing to do with the devil , except maybe the usual ignorance I encounter over it.And NO , I didn't cause it to happen , I was in another state in 1997

[edit on 6-12-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i cant spell....... just a warning

i figured i would add my little tid bit to this thread. i have a strange ability that every one has but know one knows about. now before you down me for my belives or say im a bible thumper, hear me out. i have tuned into the ability to comunicate with God.... now i know what ur thinking ( what a nut) and (yeah yeah yeah prey and ye shall recive) but its not like that. God or what ever higher power u choose to belive in will put options in ur life. if you choose the right one it will take u down the right path. if u choose the wrong one life sux. i have the ability to conect with God and hear what it is that he wants me to do and go were he wants me to go. i spent 3 months in florida doing this. i lived on the streets with who is now my wife... she wouldnt be my wife and the mother of my child if i didnt listen to God and go all the way from maryland to florida with nothing but the shirt on my back and a bag of the good stuff. when i got there a good friend of mine at the time ( my wife) was there in florida doing stuff for her job ( what a cowinkidink). well God had told me i had to go to florida ( belive me i tryed to not listen to him but he is vary persistent) and i did, once i got there i realized that i loved my friend (my wife) and have had for 3 years. God told me to ask her to stay in florida with me even with out food, money, or a car. thinking that i was already crazy for going in the first place i said what the hell and did what he said. well to make a long story short, we servived for 3 months on the streets just from listening to God. we never went without money, food, cloths and most importently friends. while we were there we helped a man by the name of John Johnson ( yes that is his real name) get off the streets make friends and eventuly get a job and a nice home... we helped many others as well but its a long story. i obtaned this abillity by giving up everything i had such as possesions and most importently my pride and did everything i could for OTHERS. i cared little about my self and cared all i could for every one around me. God told me what to do, were to go and when to get there. every time i listened he took me right were i needed to be to get food, shelter, and friends. it has been almost a year now and i have a beautiefull baby girl and a wonderfull wife. because i gave up what was physichal and only needed the spiritual, i was able to make a conection to God that saved my life as well as others. i still to this day practice what i preach and God has never left my side....... if u were there in florida with me..... it would have blown ur #ing mind! God also helps me with sencing energy as well as lying. i can also give energy and shock the crap out of you when i conect to the energy of God ( ask my wife......she wont hold my hand any more). now if God would only give me the power to spell than i would be alright lol. well thats my power and if u would like to know more of my journy to obtain it and how i use it just hit me up on my ATS account.

listen...... and he just might say something

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

lol i had no idea about this post you left untill i was done writing mine and saw u right above me. bravo on ur faith, realization and conection to God. we share a vary presiouse gift that only few can obtain at the moment. keep in touch.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

hi , follow the light , and welcome to ATS
I ,too have lived on the streets with nothing , and always found what I needed through faith . Even when I did stupid things .
Once I went surfing to an isolated beach , 90 miles from
anything , on foot , in desert conditions . I ran out of water
and walked away from the unused road to die in the desert.
On top of my last chosen sandhill , I spotted an abandoned
homestead and an underground water tank . The only thing in the place was a Bible in a tin . I stayed there a week , living on
snakes I caught , and read the Bible , front to back. Praise God!
..regards ..your brother in Christ ... Radarloveguy
ps look up my profile , I have a few interesting short stories

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I certainly do believe their are supernatural "powers" people are capable of tapping into or enhancing...the real question is: Should they?

Most of my life I have been spiritually sensitive. I had experiences with angels, demons, etc. In 1999 I began to actively pursue these "super powers", eventually becoming a clairsentient medium and ghost hunter.

My friends used to call me "the Jedi"...lol.

I no longer pursue occult practices. As a Christian I believe what people experience as psychic ability...as well as other paranormal phenomenon...are deceptions by demonic spirits.

I do believe God gifts Christian people supernaturally...when it is used according to His plan and purpose. These gifts are not pursued, honed, or crafted...they are given as needed.

I have a website where I address many issues regarding the occult, drawing from my past experiences: www.kristinemcguire.com...

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join