It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity

Originally posted by superbly super
Oh yes it did! Thanks for explaining! I admire people who can collect there thoughts like you did and put 'em down in a way where people can understand
Pretty ineteresting...and I agree. The palm-readers and "witch" people are, in my opinion, bad. But, I dont think that ALL people with psychic abilities are bad. People who have it naturally...people who still pray to God. For instance, my mom(though im not saying she is a full-fledged psychic)has an incredible talent at "knowing" things....if you know what I mean. Yet, she is still a good person and everything. And as you/the author said about christians believing that all super-natural abilities can be bad is pretty true. My girlfriend is a super religious person, but she tells me of dreams that she has that the things she dreams later on come true...and her dreams have pretty good accuracy from what she says. I mentioned that maybe that could be some sort of 6th sense thing and she totally denied it. And it seems liek she gets mad when i mention that

So ill have to agree with the author and mainly you...especially on the part of our gifts being God-given

--Superbly Super--

We are on the same page concerning palm readers and witches, but I agree, there are many good people gifted with supernatural powers, many of them not even realizing it. My own mother was born with a "caul", that is a covering over her face which is supposedly a sign of psychic powers, and I can't begin to tell you why that fact came down to me, since none of my people were what you might call supernaturally inclined. The great majority of them were not Christian even, but my Mom did seem to have the ability to read people pretty well, though she was self-effacing enough that she didn't talk about it much.

My sister and I both have had visions and 'feelings' about things that turned out to be true. Before I was a Christian, I had a number of very spooky occurences happen to me or around me, among them visits from spirits who, though not visible to me, made their presence known, and so on. I was very frightened of the supernatural and when I became a Christian, thought I'd learned why, that is, because they are demonically inspired.

But the more I am not afraid of the supernatural, the more I see that the gifts spoken of in the Bible as given by God are very easily correlated to the ones heard about in the secular realm. That is why I think it is a shame that Christians for the most part are so against all manifestations of supernatural events. I think it prohibits the Spirit-given gifts from operating to the detriment of everyone.

Another reason for the prohibition against the supernatural is, I think,that if there were people around who could heal our illnesses by simply laying hands on us and praying, the medical business would be out of business in pretty short order, wouldn't it.

That may be another reason the other gifts are sort of poo-poo'd by many and that is that it puts some people in a special category, which of course upsets many. Especially those who don't have it.

Anyway, just some more thoughts. Thanks for your kind comments, but I enjoy your kind of posts as stream of consciousness just as much as the ones posters like me labor over for probably way too long.

Lol..... right...... We are going to straigten this out.

Your "obsessed" with the idea of Christianity is going against the supernatural, along with what "you think" christianity percieve" supernatural ability. Or else your just trying to stirr things a little for no reason.

Your views are bit unfair, as not everyone here is christian, are just your opinions and generalising in the hope of being backed by a billion or so christians, lol.

Which is why I SUGGESTED to leave it out. Now I was one, but again shouldn't matter. I'm more open minded these days, I don't allow it to restrict me. Your intitled to your beliefs though btw. You are steering off topic and getting all personal for sometime now, and is not very relevant. So I'm not even going to quote some of lines!!!!! Like demonic experiences, there are all your experiences not the other billions...

But this obsession talk is not so appropriate on the matter to be honest. Well that's what "I think" So who cares if "Christians are against it" So The problem lies there then, feel free to bring another thread about but not here

So Let's get back to experiences and the development of the supernatural abilities.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by mind is the universe]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i dunno, i kinda dont blieve any one whos claiming this stuff here

i mean, if you guys really had these powers , you would use them for Good and prevent the evil doers from destroying our future, but alas, you just sit around and brag

plus i havent seen any evidence either, and supposedly this is "real stuff" so wheres the "real proof"

i dont mean to be a jerk, but come on, how do you guys know your not just wishful thinking and percieving coincidences as "magical powers"?

why dont you use "healing powers" to cure cancer?
why dont you use "psychic powers" to foil the next big terror attack?

exactly my point, plz answer these questions and DONT beat around the bush!
lets get to the point here, why yall holding out on humanity like this?

or are you the "bad guys" who only use ur powers for the good of yourselves ?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

i mean, if you guys really had these powers , you would use them for Good and prevent the evil doers from destroying our future, but alas, you just sit around and brag

plus i havent seen any evidence either, and supposedly this is "real stuff" so wheres the "real proof"

i dont mean to be a jerk, but come on, how do you guys know your not just wishful thinking and percieving coincidences as "magical powers"?

Who in this world is out to help humanity, in reality without seeing anything in it for yourself... Think about that.

I don't claim to have any powers you suggested. I can prove it to those around me, but it remains secretive. I can manipulate the moods around me in a mental way. I would be good at reading people, even purely from life experiences. I developed empathic abilities which is not supernatural. I can attract people to me with my way triggering in the mind, dosn't always work, but it has.

Read the laws of attraction that might help clarify things.

I have lost partial ability loss in one of my senses, this made me dependant on my third eye. which is now near proven, I think there was a recent thread about this being proven.

Well if nobody believes me, then I'm happy enough to not talk about it. To PROVE one thing, I ain't looking for attention.

Feel free to PM, If you are keen to know more about my abilities. There are in everyone you just don't know it yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah! Look bub, here is one thing you and other people need to get straight. Not all of us...or "super humans" have the same abilities. We are like everyone else where not EVERY SINGLE person has the same talent..ya know what I mean? I DO NOT posses "psychic" powers...mine are purely HUMAN abilities...just on a much higher scale! We may be super human, but we are still HUMAN. Ya catch my drift? None of us are going fly to Iraq and aid the troops in the war like Captain America or anything. i dont know about the other supers on this thread, but I try to help people to the best of my ability. Im never in constant action like Spider-man or Super-Man cuz I dont live in a major city. The most I have done was stick up for smaller kids when thugs would beat up on 'em.

Second, there actually is proof of the powers I have! Do you ever watch National Geographic? There was a special on it titled "Super Human Powers". It comes on every now and then, but its a re-run from like 2 years ago. They proved the hercules like abilities some people, like me, have. Its was an actually entertaining and interesting show
I very much enjoyed it.

So, I hope that answered your questions. And I hope now, you will have an open mind on this subject.....really, it wouldnt hurt, plus what do you got to lose??

"Who could be better than,"
--Superbly Super--

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   

And, this makes it less true because ... ?

I don't think this is the case with many.

Define real proof. Although the concept is intangible, many world leaders throughout decades past have relied upon input from psychics.

Have you ever turned around because you felt as though someone was "looking" at you, to find there was someone staring at you from exactly where you thought someone was looking at you?

Have you ever awoken from sleep and found yourself looking directly into the eyes of another person in the room who is looking at you?

I believe if you were to truly analyze what motivates you to do certain things you can not readily explain, it may be because your subconscious mind's sensory input may have driven you to do so.

Do you believe the government would readily make public the knowledge that they recieved any help from "psychics" to foil any attacks, or crimes for that matter?

How do you know this information is not coming at you from more directions than you are currently capable of accepting due to the way you choose to hardwire your brain's synapses (aka circuitry)? How do you know the clues of how to open your mind are not repeated in many forms throughout all social structures?

The truth is the truth can not be hidden, only ignored.

Where do people get their sense of selfishness from?

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Who in this world is out to help humanity, in reality without seeing anything in it for yourself... Think about that.

Who could believe that there are people in this world who are out to put the needs of others above themselves, without being able to hold up for comparison all they truly know about the intents of others, which is thier own intentions.

In other words: People only claim they know the intentions of others through holding up for comparison in thier minds, all they know about themselves.

How could you honestly believe anyone would put anyone else before themselves, if you can not fathom you would ever do such a thing.

Our minds work in accordance with the "Law of Association". This discribes what processes go on within the mind as we learn new information. New information will only be fully comprehended consciously if the new information co-incides and fits in with pre-existing, pre-accepted truths.

We do not begin learning algebra, geometry, and trigonometry in kindergarden, fo we? Can we? First we learn to count. And, furthermore, would we fully comprehend what 5 means, without any knowledge of 1, 2, 3, or 4?

So what was the first truth?

What was the first thing you accepted as fact?

What truth lies at the beginning of your neuro-net / processor?

The first truth, the first fact from which all observations you made was:

Self Pre-Serve

Which means:

Self = Self
Pre = Before
Serve = Serve, aid, help ...

So every cell from the beginning of our experiences, our perceptions, our memories, and opinions started with "I AM SELF BEFORE I SERVE".

How much truth can a mind like this absorb??

We defrag our computers. But, how often do we defrag our first computer, our mind?

Fear obstructs the truth of our experiences, and limits the choices and opportunities we can see.

Fear is the mental devider, the mental barrier that de-inables our minds.

Fear is the opposite to Love.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Who could believe that there are people in this world who are out to put the needs of others above themselves, without being able to hold up for comparison all they truly know about the intents of others, which is thier own intentions.

In other words: People only claim they know the intentions of others through holding up for comparison in thier minds, all they know about themselves.

How could you honestly believe anyone would put anyone else before themselves, if you can not fathom you would ever do such a thing.

Our minds work in accordance with the "Law of Association". This discribes what processes go on within the mind as we learn new information. New information will only be fully comprehended consciously if the new information co-incides and fits in with pre-existing, pre-accepted truths.

We do not begin learning algebra, geometry, and trigonometry in kindergarden, fo we? Can we? First we learn to count. And, furthermore, would we fully comprehend what 5 means, without any knowledge of 1, 2, 3, or 4?

So what was the first truth?

What was the first thing you accepted as fact?

What truth lies at the beginning of your neuro-net / processor?

The first truth, the first fact from which all observations you made was:

Self Pre-Serve

Which means:

Self = Self
Pre = Before
Serve = Serve, aid, help ...

So every cell from the beginning of our experiences, our perceptions, our memories, and opinions started with "I AM SELF BEFORE I SERVE".

How much truth can a mind like this absorb??

We defrag our computers. But, how often do we defrag our first computer, our mind?

Fear obstructs the truth of our experiences, and limits the choices and opportunities we can see.

Fear is the mental devider, the mental barrier that de-inables our minds.

Fear is the opposite to Love.

Thanks for your thoughts... I need to go read it again, a lot there to take in. I will get back to it...

I like the way you think. I'm not as wise.. But I grew up, believing in the unique. I grew up believing you can better yourself beyond the level we are wane on. I don't believe in the world religions anymore because a lot of them IMO is nothing for you. The 10 commandments are rules, but nothing about you and your development.

I'm not at my desired destiny yet,.

All those who made the idiotic comments that I should help the world on a mass scale.

1ST. Sometimes you have got to let people work it out themselves.

2nd. I got an unique abilty through a lot of suffering, and this is what I'm trying to express to all. When I can truley believe in myself I will help others. Just because I have something unique dosn't mean I'm invincible. A lot of people who claim to have ESP etc.. are quite vulnerable.

Thirdly if you really think about every single human thought from every being on this planet affect the very way we see this world and how we view it.

If there is anything I would say to the world is not to restrict your thoughts and not to bury the pure. Everything happens for a reason.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by mind is the universe]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Great points, muzzleflash, if we're so special why is it that there isn't more evidence? Very valid question.

I've been attempting for some time to correlate the things Christians consider "charismatic" gifts, such as laying on of hands for healing and so on, to the "pyschic" gifts that many people claim to have or to have seen in action.

What I'm not saying is that the psychic gifts are bad and the Christian gifts are good. What I am saying is that since so many Christians consider all things to do with the supernatural 'gifts' are suspect since the claims by so many worldly practioners are fake, or only to get money, or highly suspicious in other ways.

To me this is like throwing out the baby with the proverbial bathwater, and is closing off the gifts the Spirit would like to have in operation in the world, like healing, like raising people from the dead, like casting out demons and the like.
Furthermore, the mind set of supernatural is "bad" shuts off more than just Christian practitioners since mockery is a potent weapon in the hands of the ignorant.

So again, I say, let the gifts out of the closet, lets bring them all out, Christian and nonChristian, witches, warlocks. vampires, magic arts practioners, bring them all out and lets put it all to the test. If you say you are clairvoyant, you should be able to demonstrate it. And not in a skeptical atmosphere either but an accepting one where everyone could do what they feel they can with their supernatural powers and lets see what happens.

Lets see what happens and lets let it happen and lets let the fall-out fall where it may.

And to the one who remarked that my posts are too "personal", and off the topic, I wish you'd point out where, how, when.

As far as I'm concerned its on.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I don't believe in the world religions anymore because a lot of them IMO is nothing for you.

World Religions do have a lot of truth to offer, and i believe do provide testimony of history as best as could be described by people who do not always understand it themselves.

Why do you think religions are wrong?

The is one underlining thing for me:

Intentions.

I interpret the messages of organized religions to be saying: If your intentions are motivated by the fear of the consequences then they are good.

Religions that promote fear do not promote truth.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I don't believe in the world religions anymore because a lot of them IMO is nothing for you.

World Religions do have a lot of truth to offer, and i believe do provide testimony of history as best as could be described by people who do not always understand it themselves.

Intentions.

I interpret the messages of organized religions to be saying: If your intentions are motivated by the fear of the consequences then they are good.

Yep Christiananity does exactly that IMO.. Curosity why do you have to bring christianinty into every second line... Leave it out. or shut up. No offence but your are here to stir things up so grow up.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Great points, muzzleflash, if we're so special why is it that there isn't more evidence? Very valid question.

What I'm not saying is that the psychic gifts are bad and the Christian gifts are good. What I am saying is that since so many Christians consider all things to do with the supernatural 'gifts' are suspect since the claims by so many worldly practioners are fake, or only to get money, or highly suspicious in other ways.

To me this is like throwing out the baby with the proverbial bathwater, and is closing off the gifts the Spirit would like to have in operation in the world, like healing, like raising people from the dead, like casting out demons and the like.
Furthermore, the mind set of supernatural is "bad" shuts off more than just Christian practitioners since mockery is a potent weapon in the hands of the ignorant.

So again, I say, let the gifts out of the closet, lets bring them all out, Christian and nonChristian, witches, warlocks. vampires, magic arts practioners, bring them all out and lets put it all to the test. If you say you are clairvoyant, you should be able to demonstrate it. And not in a skeptical atmosphere either but an accepting one where everyone could do what they feel they can with their supernatural powers and lets see what happens.

Lets see what happens and lets let it happen and lets let the fall-out fall where it may.

And to the one who remarked that my posts are too "personal", and off the topic, I wish you'd point out where, how, when.

Rambling on and on about non - sense....

Persona:l what YOU and christianinty percieve people with gifts, that's what, it's the greatest load of sweetea i've ever heard. You make it so personal because it make it sound like it touches every christian soul in a deep way!

... A load cotten wool... It's your words explaining the perceptions of a billion people. The rest is just your opinion.. Rambling on and on about christianity and what it has to do with the supernatural.. who cares... that's why. Can't be bothered to waste time in pointing out the exact words as your post are to deep and personal and taken from a religous prosprective. END.

Who said Demons are real anyway, pzzzzhh

get over it... Christianity has went down a long twisty dark tunnel in recent years, don't argue it and has done some not so good things, so it's hypercritical in boasting about it in this forum, thanks.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by mind is the universe]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Intentions.

I believe that spirtual religions based on the soul etc are Pure. I believe everyone should go on their own unique path of discovery. Treasure your own experiences and share it to the world. However I don't believe in a lot of world religions, like Christianity as an example, because its nothing about personal development. I think it discrimminates people who are not part of it. If your on your own unique path then that factor of being different or unique would be irrelevant. Christianity to me, is like believing someone elses words out of a over rated book written 2,000 years ago called the bible. There is good things to the religion not denying that. But hear my point that's all I'm saying.

Why should I with enough intellegence and open mind, should go to a christian church and hear a stuck up priest (which a lot of them are) saying READ THIS, believe that. and y'all go to heaven. Over the last hundreds years thats what I'm getting off old relatives, fear, control, lack of self belief etc. People are obsessed with this Mass nonsense... If I don't go I won't go to heaven, and yes priest used to say this to people years ago.

I know I'm coming across like in a childish way. But I have gone through hell and back again to try see the logic in it. In Ireland the Church is currupt, full of greed, money orientated and awash with child abuse allegations... And probably the world over. The religion is outdated. It's anti modern. Against a lot of new ways of life.

The bible bases storeys years after the events which a lot of it has being beefed up to make it more believable.

Now the D vinci code... The list is forever. Why do Christian followers get so offended by it, that some of it just might let things come out of the closet?

Why do we need a pope sitting in a crock of gold, living in a square mile of castle and catherdhal... Why do we worship him? Why is there a hiearchy? Why do we see Jesus a the "supernatural"

Christianinty once was ruled by a king at one time, Henry the Eight of England, God for a lot of mad reasons!!, for christ sakes.

It Spilt into hundreds of separtate religions of the on bracket which is christianity to other separate religions during the lutheran ages in Germany again Over many curruptions, greed and power etc.

Curosity... If you want me to prove something I'll try are you willing to prove Jesus could walk on water... Give me a shout....

The other part world religions today only cause more alienations amongst humanity today. More than Oil alone. It's pathetic.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
*AHEM*! Alright folks..lets settle down. Im into these kinda fights, but we are taking it a lil too far. Okay, here is something a little off topic....well way off topic and you people read this and dont snuff me off..

Yall know me, you should by now. I hardly feel pain...I DO NOT get hurt easily...but lately, I have been hurting....and I dont think I like it very much
But like my mom says, "You may be super-human...but you are still HUMAN. You will feel HUMAN pain at times, sweetie.." Like lately, my lower back has been killing me! Its hurting right this very second! And im sore from working out everyday. Can you believe it?!!!? ME...feeling PAIN!!!
Oh well, im just having some off days..but I think that soon I will be "superbly super" than I am right now

Well, I just thought that maybe that would change the subject. Someone respond...to keep this forum going! Maybe some of you can relate...has anyone else had an "off" week?????

"Feeling less
--Superbly Super--

P.S. This REALLY sucks..being hurt. This is REALLY bad for someone like me cuz i never get hurt..feeling constant pain is new to me...I'd hate to be like this ALL the time....

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Intentions.

Yep Christiananity does exactly that IMO.. Curosity why do you have to bring christianinty into every second line... Leave it out. or shut up. No offence but your are here to stir things up so grow up.

Umm, wha???

I thought my thought would parrallel your thought. I did not see us in disagreement, nor was i trying to stir things up. And, i never mentioned Christianity by name, did i?

Sorry, but your response has left me bewildered and disorientated as to the context of my own statement?????

No offence but ... grow up.

That was funny.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I wasn't aiming that on you, even though I quoted you sorry. I'm agreeing with you! I was getting a bit frustrated with curosity.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Your spot on there, that most world religions promote fear. Without a doubt.

Who wrote that supernatural abilities, or eccentrics are bad... If that was true, he's an idiot or fears the natural.

We have come so far in evolving to what we are today, and let's not limitate the most evolved part , the brain and mind.

I know I can affect people in so many ways..

[edit on 31-8-2006 by mind is the universe]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindistheuniverse

Rambling on and on about non - sense....

Persona:l what YOU and christianinty percieve people with gifts, that's what, it's the greatest load of sweetea i've ever heard. You make it so personal because it make it sound like it touches every christian soul in a deep way!

... A load cotten wool... It's your words explaining the perceptions of a billion people. The rest is just your opinion.. Rambling on and on about christianity and what it has to do with the supernatural.. who cares... that's why. Can't be bothered to waste time in pointing out the exact words as your post are to deep and personal and taken from a religous prosprective. END.

Who said Demons are real anyway, pzzzzhh

get over it... Christianity has went down a long twisty dark tunnel in recent years, don't argue it and has done some not so good things, so it's hypercritical in boasting about it in this forum, thanks.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, oh mind, that it is not YOUR mind that is the universe.

I realize you deep thinkers who can hardly bear to hear the word Christ, Christianity, Christian, Christ-likeness, and so on, and who have never in their lives looked into the Bible to see what it does say ALL believe you nevertheless are experts in what Christians believe or don't, how they are to act or not act, and when and what they might say in a public place, BUT, actually it is the other way round.

It is people like you who are so obnoxious as to try and determine what is and what is not appropriate to post on any given thread who should be shut up in a dark corner until you realize that you and your opinions are not the end all-be all of posting practices. And yeah, you might want to start pre-editing your posts for spelling and making some kind of logical and consistent sense, a check on the grammar wouldn't be out of place either.

So, again, I suggest, if you don't want to see these words mentioned:

Christ
Christian
Christianity
Bible
God

JUST DON'T READ THE POST. Can that be any more clear?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well your obviously one of "them" converters.. Might I say it, Who is obsessesed with the religion, judging it at this stage.

Anyway what it has got to do with the thread is beyond me.

Second I don't think anyone is interested in it PAL.

I've more cop on to open my mind and see things for myself, instead of reading the bible everyday and believing every word of it. Thanks.

I'm not even going to go down the road with this nonsense. believe what you want, dissagree with my opinions if you want, I made this clear to everyone at the start if you don't believe anything I have to say then don't, I've no issue with that.

BUT don't come in here rattling your shoes and telling everyone else is more or less stupid for not waving the flag for christianity. AND telling everyone this is right and this is wrong and this is bad. Think about it.

If I was to give my opinion on your recent actions and post. Well your not very open minded, or able to reach wavelenghts to different people and different backgrounds, or dare I say it a non Christian.

As far as I'm concerned the religion is currupt.

As you can see the majority of people here would like to talk about OTHER things.

My grammer is bad so what, I'm deaf.. at least I try.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Mind is the universe------ Again I see your not really on the ball.

I picked this username as it's not my real name dude. I merely picked it as an expression to mean, that the mind (or our) is a view of the universe or sorta, depending how you percieve what I'm saying.

I would imagine, your wouldn't be so elaborate in trying to understand what it means, as your obviously waving the vatican flag at this stage.

At this stage I will ignore you, as I really don't want another lecture on what you think is right and what other's should believe... It's ignorant.

I had to edit: You block print, "don't read my post", but yet, your direct your responses at me.. Laughing hysterical at this stage, but your right I'll do that.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Okay, you know the only thing that sucks about being ME...is that I hardly get sick, BUUUUT when I do, its really bad. Its like, cuz im normally so strong that once I get sick, it destroys me. It can be anything, even the minor common cold and its like super bad. The other day, it was pretty much that but it turned into a major fever just with in several hours. BUT, also the good thing, I naturally heal faster. So, once I do get sick(which isnt that often)it doesnt last very long AAANNNND I become even stronger once im all better

I know im probably the ONLY one here with the abilities I have, but does that happen to anyone else? Like, yall with the mental powers, once yall get sick and then better, do yall become even stronger in that area??

IM BACK...IM
--Superbly Super--

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join