It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by winddancer92
now that u ask, i don't really knw......but maybe it's hereditary, coz my dad's side, my relatives are either psychic or something, so maybe its coz of that.....but i'm not sure, and a really interestin question to think over.........how about u other guys, superb, deeplyawake and all??

Part hereditary, part outside influences/consciousness/energy, part behavioral type conditioning which uses the emotions, and belief. Maybe practice helps a little. How it came about is natural in one sense because it mostly just happened, but how it happened seemed designated or overly coincendental and was unnatural at the same time.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
My answers to the questions at the begining of the thread:

1.) I think its one of those things that stretch back all through time, but you only hear about the people who either have an overabundance of these abilities, or the ones who train to learn them.

2.)More people are getting interested in it, and therefore, there are more people practicing and training by themselves to learn how.

3.)Far as I can tell, no.

4.)I think so, as it'd help me out with my training. As long as we all realize that Psionics is something that has nothing to do with religion, because I'd prefer to leave our indivual religious choices out of the matter.

Now, I have recently become interested in this stuff because I exhibited some rather odd abilites myself from time to time. Mostly it fell into the area of Precognition. It was espically creepy when I preformed the biggest Precog of my life in front of my entire 7th grade english class.

A few days ago, I remembered the event, and decided to do a little research. After my research, I started practicing. It took me a total of 48 hours before I bent my first fork with the aid of my mind.

So far, my abilites are these:
Random Precog
Minor Telekinesis(Metal Bending, and actually making things move)

I'm trying my best to hone my newfound abilties into skills, and any advice would be helpful. I'm trying my hand at some larger feets of TK, so wish me luck!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
hey deeply awke, thanks for the reply and the advice about the wind spirits..the experience with the bird was really cool!! but i haven't had dreams about any incident before, but myabe i did, and i realized it only when the thing took place! how do we develop specialities thru influence??

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by winddancer92
hey deeply awke, thanks for the reply and the advice about the wind spirits..the experience with the bird was really cool!! but i haven't had dreams about any incident before, but myabe i did, and i realized it only when the thing took place! how do we develop specialities thru influence??

Hi winddancer, nice to see you. In my bird dream some doves also flew up to me. That hasnt happened yet but if it does I am going to try and get a picture of it.

You mean outside influences? If you feel they are good then you can trust in them completely and release yourself over to them. It has happened to me many times in different situations. Here is one example:

For instance...once in my younger and less wiser days, I was hitchhiking and got a bad ride with a man in a truck, who said he was going to rape me. He had a knife. I was scared at first, because I had a definite feeling he was going to kill me also. Then I got so scared that I left my body (it felt like I was grabbed right out of it), and then I went some place above my head and there were joyful people or angels there that gave me advice and showed me a scenario about what I could do to get out of the situation in a way that would cause the least amount of harm to myself. They told me to calm down and just listen to them. And then I felt very calm and relaxed. They were very very real and I felt very powerful because I knew I would come out of the situation alive as long as I did exactly what they told me to do. It was like magick and like there was a white aura surrounding and protecting me.

I opened the door and held onto the window and swung it open with my body. The man tried to grab for me but he was too late. As he was grabbing he knocked the knife onto the floor and it went under the seat. I started yelling and shouting and he said "What are you doing, get back in here" and I said "I am telling everyone what you are going to do so if I fall they will have your license plate number and everyone will know you caused it to happen"!

Then he drove quickly and pulled off onto a residential sidestreet and as soon as he did that I started running. But he caught up with me and drug me back to the truck. But that was ok, because in the truck, in the ashtray was a lit Camels cigarette and I let him pull me toward it and as soon as I got to the cigarette I grabbed it and shoved it deep into his ear. Also pieces of it fell down his back and were burning him there.

He had his hands full trying to deal with the burning cigarette, and I had plenty of time to casually leave the truck and get his license plate number to give to the police. When I was a safe distance away I yelled at him and told him I was going to turn him, and then he drove away still digging at his ear.

Everything went exactly the way the voices told me it would go in every detail. It was like a dream and I was just going through the motions of it. The best part was how safe the voices made me feel at a time, when I should have felt desperate, afraid and hopeless.

~ Deep

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
People are often born with their abilities, and continue to use them.
Others are prone to develop them, depending on the type of environment
they live in, and the people who influence them.
Some people develop their abilities through very unconventional methods,
such as a reaction to severe physical and/or psychological abuse or
torture. In such cases, the mind develops these for the sake of survival,
and the form they take is creative and can manifest in a myriad of ways.
Some people learn to leave their bodies to escape (oobe), and some
develop Multiple Personality Disorders to deal with the stress. Some seem
to be guided by higher forces, which often puts them in contact with
levels of consciousness not usually encountered by others.
There are actually an infinite number of ways to develop abilities.

Mario727727

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
My answers to the questions at the begining of the thread:

2.)More people are getting interested in it, and therefore, there are more people practicing and training by themselves to learn how.

*that rocks doesnt it? I think its because more people have gotten over the moralistic control based stigmas of using and/or practicing Psi.

4.)I think so, as it'd help me out with my training. As long as we all realize that Psionics is something that has nothing to do with religion, because I'd prefer to leave our indivual religious choices out of the matter.

* I think religions can sometimes be helpful with Psi, mostly because they get people to practice or think about things, and the heads of the religions may have a lot of information about mystical experiences that go way back in history. (if they share them). And I think there may be some phenomenon or entities that are true phenomenons of some religions, such as Angels. But sometimes religious attitudes towards Psi can be counterproductive and stiffling, or lead to arguements, if the Psi in question is not part of their particular religious teachings.

Now, I have recently become interested in this stuff because I exhibited some rather odd abilites myself from time to time. Mostly it fell into the area of Precognition. It was espically creepy when I preformed the biggest Precog of my life in front of my entire 7th grade english class.

*What happened in your 7th grade english class Voidmaster?

*I had quite a few Psi type things happen in grade school in Math class where I let something/someone else do the Math problems for me, so I could get the reward, when there was a reward (especially candy) being offered. I'll work for candy...hehe. I couldn't do most of the Math problems myself because I never bothered to study Math or do my homework, I would draw pictures in Math instead. Some of the mathematical forumulas I used to solve problems were Wow..waaay too long and covered a couple of chalk boards to answer a simple question. Other solutions to complicated problems were done in my head at the speed of light (like Rainman) by someone. I haven't carried over that particular ability as far as I know, because in High School I did learn how to do Math the traditional way, by opening up a book and learning from a teacher. But since I don't do Math a lot now I can't be certain. I can still do problem solving of geometrical type challenges to see or 'hear' the parts of things that are hidden. I have known instinctively when something was even a slight fraction off on a hidden part of a hexagram even though I couldn't see that side, or the adjoining sides to it.

A few days ago, I remembered the event, and decided to do a little research. After my research, I started practicing. It took me a total of 48 hours before I bent my first fork with the aid of my mind.

So far, my abilites are these:
Random Precog
Minor Telekinesis(Metal Bending, and actually making things move)

*Thats great! what things can you move with your mind? Do you have to touch the utensils and warm them up first before you bend them with your mind?

I'm trying my best to hone my newfound abilties into skills, and any advice would be helpful. I'm trying my hand at some larger feets of TK, so wish me luck!

*Good Luck!!

~ Deep

[edit on 8-10-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well, the metal doesn't nessisarily have to be warm, but I have to touch it. I'm not that good yet.

As for moving things, I have moved some pendulums before but they didn't move very much. And right now, I can move a Psiwheel while its under a cup, negating the effect of air currents.

Give me a month and a half, and I'll be levitating pencils!

I hope, anyway.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Voidmaster]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Now, im not like the rest of you. i do not(well that i am aware of) possess any psychic abilities. But, i do have a strange trait. i never get sick, and i mean like flu or stuff like that. or when i do i get it for a day and then im fine. also i have an average body temp of about 102. Aslo, and this is the weirdest. Eversince i could remember when i got hurt it would fix up pretty quick. When i was in highschool my friend stabed me in the hand(by accident), when he pulled out the blade my artory was cut open and the cut went straight through to the other side, and my muscle was sortof hagning out of my hand. I should have went to the hospital, but i didnt. It only took three days for it to completely heal over. Well byt the second day the cut was closed up on its own, but it still hurt.
Also, i have broken so many bones and never whent to the hospital. problibly not hte smartest idea but i hate hospitals. One time i fell of my friends trampoline and landed on my neck, and it hurt like crap. we both hurd a loud crunch, and i couldnt move or feel my legs. i laid there for about 10 min, and all of a sudden i got use of my legs back. i chalked it up to nothing ,but I dont know what you would classify this as but i just thought it was a pretty cool thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
that would be known as regeneration or rappid healing

I also rarely get sick and never bad enought to cause any concern except once I was out for like a five days I fealt like I was dieing I couldent move with out alot of pain and I also coulden't stand without getting dissy that was 4 years ago haven't been sick since

I posted my abilitys earlyer in this topic all are pretty cool I just wish I knew how to controll them especialy the time stopping one.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
i read your other post, and its odd we share some similarities. Now, im not lifter infact i never touch weights unless im forced to, and im not athletic at all. but, when i first lifted in 11th grade i blue the jocks away. then i wen to the leg press and maxed it out. When you look at me you would think that i work out, but i dont. I am not indistructable, or even impervious to pain, but i know the ignore pain idea. I first noticed it in 6th grade, when we were messing around by the sink and we had it scolding and i could keep my hads there and i was fine.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Also in highschool i discovered something pretty interesting. When we out at gym class i relized that i could out run our start running back. I was along side of him and then i just thought about blowning past him, and all of a sudden i took off. My legs felt they were just gliding, and it was no effort for me. And this happened more than once, both were in gym class when i was put under pressure to preform against my will.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I also wanted to add that i am a pretty strong skeptic. I believe that every thing can be explained. And i am a big science guy. i just wanted to post that, so i dont get some flamers telling me that magic and hoccus poccus is a bunch of hoowey.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
absolutly their must be an explanation as to why some people are like us and other are not it can't be enviromental it must be somehting in the higher brain functions that we are tapping into like we are making ourselves do these thing not because we can physicaly but because we will ourselves to do so.

I have notice that in most insteances that I have expierienced an ability or power it was either when I needed to do it or I realy truly wanted and believed I could, the only one that was different was when I stopped time that was more like a reaction to the situation and it only lasted long enough to acomplish what was set catching the icecube that was sailing accross the room then things went back to normal.

the most annoying thing is having abilitys so powerful and not understanding how to use them tho I'm certain that when I need to know I will. But when that time comes it will probably be a verry bad situation for every one that causes me to need these abilitys. either way I hope I figure out some of it.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
do you know of any other events such as these, i mean people and such?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am going to start a new thread to try to revive the topic.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeeplyAwake
What happened in your 7th grade english class Voidmaster?

Now that I consider it a bit more, I'd say that it was a Telepathic thing and not so much Precog.

Anyway, it was the day before a vocab test and, as usual, the class was playing a review game called Vocab Pyramid. A student would walk up to the board, turn his back and sit down on a chair, facing the class. Our teacher would then proceed to walk up to the chalkboard and write a word in a giant triangle that covered the chalk board. The class would then give the student sitting in the chair clues as to what the word was.

Well, it was my turn to go up. I walked up, sat down, and waited while the teacher wrote the word on the board. When the teacher was done writing the word, everybody raised there hands for me to pick them.

Then it happened.

For a moment, I dropped out of reality. It's like when someone is thinking so intensely they don't see, hear, or notice anything around them. Everything around me was blotted out. According to my friends who were in the class my eyes glazed over. As soon as I came out of the trance-like state I immedately said the word. Everyone's raised hands dropped along with their mouths. Our teacher gave me this really weird look as she handed me the candy I had won.
People were calling me psychic for weeks.

P.S. It's about a month into my training now and I have some new abilities to add to my list.
My list is as follows:
Spoon Bending

Moderate Telekinesis- I can now roll a pen across my hand.

Remote Viewing- I seem to have a talent for this, but it could just be Beginners Luck.

Telepathy- This is only something that has happened recently. I'm starting to finish peoples sentances and get feelings about what their are thinking.

Empathy- This also comes with the increased action of Telepathy.

Precog- Something I've always had, but now the frequency it occurs is increasing.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by Voidmaster]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
well once I become extreemly wealthy as every reading I have had done on me says I will some time before I'm 26 I am 24 now so it's soon.

I will be building a school where people with extrodanary abilitys will come to learn how to control them and enhance them, we will all help eachother learn and we will be able to test the limits of our abilitys.

then we will help everyone with our abilitys when a natural dissaster happens, an emergency, or some other event.

Thats the plan anyway

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salanthus
well once I become extreemly wealthy as every reading I have had done on me says I will some time before I'm 26 I am 24 now so it's soon.

I will be building a school where people with extrodanary abilitys will come to learn how to control them and enhance them, we will all help eachother learn and we will be able to test the limits of our abilitys.

then we will help everyone with our abilitys when a natural dissaster happens, an emergency, or some other event.

Thats the plan anyway

Hmmm, this is starting to sound suspiciously like X-Men. While I wouldn't be opposed to such a thing being brought into existence, perhaps you should wait until you have the money as opposed to making plans before hand. I don't put so much trust in long-term Precog.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mario727727
such as a reaction to severe physical and/or psychological abuse or
torture. In such cases, the mind develops these for the sake of survival,
and the form they take is creative and can manifest in a myriad of ways.
Some people learn to leave their bodies to escape (oobe), and some
develop Multiple Personality Disorders to deal with the stress. Some seem
to be guided by higher forces, which often puts them in contact with
levels of consciousness not usually encountered by others.

Mario727727

Yes Mario that's right, and I told you that I am a PSI MPD and I explained how it worked to you, my Psi experiences, and I also told you about ATS. I also have told a few others here about my condition but in confidence only. I had several reasons for not coming out with it.

1. Is I don't want any sympathy.

2. I don't want to be judged, feared, misunderstood or told to take medication, by people who may think MPD is a mental illness, instead of an emotional one. (for one thing medication often doesnt work on a genuine MPD - who can easily dismiss or change the effects of many drugs, including psychotropic drugs and alcohol). Also, I would hope that people will not judge anyone with any mental or emotional illness. Because I have always thought that some of the things people call mental illnesses are actually an overabundance of Psi that the individual does not know how to process or control. Some leading behavioral psychologists are also coming around to this idea.

3. I don't want to answer any intrusive or insensitive questions that don't have to do with Psi.

4. I am trying to look into this in a scientific way and I am hoping others will be able to also. So, I am putting trust in the people here to bear with me and not push me, and perhaps then I will feel comfortable enough to tell everyone here about my own personal journey of discovery. I also was hesitant to talk about this because I did not want any people to glamorize MPD, and I did not want any criminals such as pedophiles or child abusers to think they are doing someone a favor by turning them into an MPD. (Although it doesn't have to be sexual abuse, any serious life threatening trauma especially at a younger age can cause a person to fracture into different personalities.) I think the Psi things I can do doesn't make up for the severe emotional damage that has been caused to me, or to other people suffering from MPD/DID (dissociative identity disorder). Also please do not try to turn yourself into an MPD to get Psi powers. It is not worth it, and also not all people diagnosed with MPD have extraodinary Psi powers. I think most people in general have some Psi talents. But there are some documented Psi phenomenon that MPDs are known for, and I will get into that later.

Being an MPD and being able to switch to different alters to perform different functions, both Psi and regular tasks, might explain how I am able to perform some of my healing and telepathic abilities, and the ability to both self hypnotise and to put other people in a trance around me (sometimes unknowingly). But it is a long story, hopefully you will be patient and let me tell my own story in my own time.

Rather than start at the beginning I would like to talk about my theory about how some Psi MPDs have accessed natural chemicals from our own bodies, in combination with deep hypnotic states all the way up to comas, to heal ourselves from life threatening injuries, such as: blood loss, head trauma, lack of oxygen for an extended amount of time, hypothermia and heat stroke and other things such as poisoning, etc. Also I believe I have been put into 'spiritually induced comas' to help me get through life threatening situations.

I must add that although I have a pretty good idea, I am not absolutely sure of how I do most of this, because I switch to an alter that does it for me. I am adding here a serious Disclaimer do not try anything I say, or that you read especially on the coma link, at home, or on your own. Comas are very dangerous and people can die from them, or can suffer serious brain damage. Unless you are supervised by a medical coma therapist you should never attempt it. However when done by professionals, health induced comas can be used to accomplish super human feats like rapid healing or to greatly improve the health of people suffering from a variety of ailments, and such feats as what Yogis do when they go without air for long periods of time. As stated in the link called Coma as a Health Benefit below:

"Self-induced coma states have long been entered into by very proficient Yogi as a demonstration of their skill of self-control. These performances have often taken the form of being locked in an air-tight box and buried underground or submerged underwater for a period of time after which the box is raised, opened, and the Yogi returns to consciousness and emerges. These acts of suspended animation may also be helpful in strengthening one's health."

Here is the link:

www.earthtym.net...

That's enough for now. Will tell you more later.~ S

[edit on 30-10-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hi Voidmaster,

Thanks for that great account of what happened to you in 7th grade. It sounds similar to my experience. Candy is a great motivator isnt it? lol.

I think a lot of things go hand in hand, I also have a mix of a lot of different things. I think the Remote Viewing will help you improve at other things. Such as Telepathy, Empathy, Precog, because when you RV you use all of your senses including your emotions. Please tell me more about your RV trials when you have time. I am interested in how you view things. Everyone views things a little differently. Sometimes, I see just the outline, sometimes just the colors, sometimes I feel an emotion, or feel something soft like a feather. Sometimes the whole picture just flashes by and I see everything. Once I saw the next picture that would come up on the RV at Gotpsi while I was walking up the steps to my office and I hadnt even turned the computer on yet. It was one of those crumbling white Roman coliseums. Usually I have found the first thing you see is the correct thing.

Hey Salanthus,

I think it would be great to use Psi abilities to help people in the ways you suggested. Keep up that positive thinking! Even if there is a catastrophic disaster and there isnt a school around when it happens, at least we now know about each other because of your thread, and maybe we could all find each other. What also would be great is if we could all get together for chat somewhere and share ideas and experiences that way.

~ S

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join