It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethose2001
Also, i have broken so many bones and never whent to the hospital. problibly not hte smartest idea but i hate hospitals. One time i fell of my friends trampoline and landed on my neck, and it hurt like crap. we both hurd a loud crunch, and i couldnt move or feel my legs. i laid there for about 10 min, and all of a sudden i got use of my legs back. i chalked it up to nothing ,but I dont know what you would classify this as but i just thought it was a pretty cool thing.

That is amazing Ethose! Did you ever have your legs xrayed to see if they had been broken? Did you go into any sort of coma or altered state when you were healing rapidly? Why do you think you can heal yourself so quickly?

~ S

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Ive never been in to get xrays. like i said before im not to fond of hospitals. but, believe me when your fore arm bone can move seperate from your elbow, you know its broken. and were i broke these bones, you can feel the scaring on the bone. And no i have didnt go in to any sort of shock. i just sat there freaking out cause i couldnt walk. my fiend and i were terified that we might have to call an ambulance. I just laid there and then i felt a seriouse pain in my lower back and then i could move my legs again. ill tell you what there is nothing more terifing than being only 10 and thinking you will never walk again.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
and as far as knowing what does it, or why, I have no idea. i always just thought nothing of it. i thought everyone could do it. It all hit me when i tore a ligement and was in the nurses office. wheile i was in there this one girl spained her ankle and was given crutches for like 4 days. by the time the nurse called me in i was fine, and i could walk perfectly. until then i thought it was just a normal thing.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeeplyAwake
Hey Salanthus,

I think it would be great to use Psi abilities to help people in the ways you suggested. Keep up that positive thinking! Even if there is a catastrophic disaster and there isnt a school around when it happens, at least we now know about each other because of your thread, and maybe we could all find each other. What also would be great is if we could all get together for chat somewhere and share ideas and experiences that way.

~ S

It's an idea that I had since well Xmen we all know their are people with etrodanary abilitys out there when I have the money I will find others and build the school.

as for all of us we should keep practicing with our abilitys and try and push farther in to them test our limmits and coutinualy try to pass them. try and make our abilitys as natural as breathing.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hey, I have precognitive abilitys. I found it really hard to interact with sosiety because if you try to tell someone what you can do, they either give a FREAKISH
stare or totally believe you and introduce you to a whole bunch of phoneys. And when these people say that they had a vision recently, they describe it by saying that they saw themselves in a dream, when in reality you only see what you are seeing at that time. In truth, I have NEVER had one of "these" types of visions. And I don't want to discredit those people out there who have had these visions but I don't see how you can see the future with also seeing your physical body in the vision.

Anyways, I remember having these dream visions for as long as could remember. I would have them and then try to change, only I never really could. I would try and try but never could because there was some little detail I missed at the end of the dream vision and the results would be the same. It wasn't until recetly that I was able to change it though. I did it and I felt some weird feeling. It felt fresh, like everything had a sort of new or fresh feeling. Almost like they were changed somehow and then I knew I had changed it. But then I tried to tell my friends and they gave me the wierd look. But then while I was sitting with my "girl" friend and her boy friend, she asked what he was doing. He was sitting there and before he could answer, I told her that he was thinking about his old home in New York. I had shocked him because that was exactly what he was thinking about and he told me so. Then as he got up I told my "girl" friend that she was thing about her boy friend, which I was right and when her boy friend came back from getting his cd player from is bag, I told hiom the reason why he got it was because the music reminded him of New York, which I was also right about.

I think along with my precognitive abilitys, I may also have emaph abilitys as well. I read people so well that I would have to be literaly inside their head to know. I freak out a lot of people that way. But while I told them what they were thinking, I was in this sort of trance like state. It felt like I was extending my subconscience toward the people I was trying to read. And I wasn't really trying to read them, I had a sort of psycic surge of energy that I had to release somehow so it manifested it that form. It gave me a pretty weird feeling.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And I swear, I am not one of those people who say these things just for attention. Those are the people who I meet everyday and they are just a bunch of fakes. And they are so common that I can't but be a little closed when I read about people giving their experiences. I automatically beleive that they are going to be fakes until they give something that I might be able to relate to. And it is so hard to find the real people out there that have these real abilitys. All I meet are fakes and I know because I sort of feel what they feel when they talk to me and I just feel false lies, a false feeling they give off that I catch onto but noone around ever does. And the ignorance, the lies are suffocating my own energy/chi. I can hardly stand the ignorant society we live in and then the american people beleive that us special people with abilitys are supposed to help them because they are helpless themselves when they really aren't. They can develope their own abilitys if they were wise psychically but if they aren't, then they are not advanced enough and don't deserve the power that they crave so badly. Theys houldn't abuse they gift that many of us have spent years trying to perfect. It takes real work to develope the abilitys and if they can too, then they deserve it.

Only the really worthy people get it anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Ive never been in to get xrays. like i said before im not to fond of hospitals. but, believe me when your fore arm bone can move seperate from your elbow, you know its broken. and were i broke these bones, you can feel the scaring on the bone. And no i have didnt go in to any sort of shock. i just sat there freaking out cause i couldnt walk. my fiend and i were terified that we might have to call an ambulance. I just laid there and then i felt a seriouse pain in my lower back and then i could move my legs again. ill tell you what there is nothing more terifing than being only 10 and thinking you will never walk again.

Yes true, if your bone is moving like that then its broken for sure. If you didn't go into any trance at all, you may heal yourself differently than I do. Although, maybe I just use a 'fugue' trance to go to the alter that can do the healing. I did a couple of IM healings with my friends...Mario and I, and Paul and I, and we didnt go in any trance at all while we healing. And, Mario got his broken heal fixed well enough where he could go back to work. And Paul's cat who was almost dead is bouncing around the house again and has been very healthy ever since. Before the cat was hurt he was very aloof, and wouldnt sit in Paul's lap. But because Paul helped heal him the cat is now more affectionate towards him.

and as far as knowing what does it, or why, I have no idea. i always just thought nothing of it. i thought everyone could do it. It all hit me when i tore a ligement and was in the nurses office. wheile i was in there this one girl spained her ankle and was given crutches for like 4 days. by the time the nurse called me in i was fine, and i could walk perfectly. until then i thought it was just a normal thing.

I am usually pretty tough when it comes to pain. I can heal faster than others on some things and not so fast on other things, like broken bones. (as far as I know because just like you, I havent been x-rayed much or at all...after breaking bones either.) Bones are a way good thing to be able to heal fast. I am glad you came out of that scary experience all right, and can walk and everything. And I guess you wouldn't think about it when it just comes natural. For you it is normal.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The only time i can remember moving something with my brain was this one time. I was brushing my teeth and thinking how I wanted the water cold water to be turned on, and i was really focused on it, and then the handle for the cold water just turned and water came out of the focet.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That's the only time for sure that i moved something, but i commonly i will think about an object, then later find it's not where i left it. So it's a possibility that i move those too, but i'm not completely sure. But today, i pened my backpack and saw that my notebook had dissapeared out of it, and it was right when i got to school, so it couldn't have fallen out. Then later i found it on the floor somewhere.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't think everyone understands... let go of that traditional way of seeing abilities! I'm sure that a few of you have already thought about this, but not many actually think beyond any power they might posess. How does your power function? What triggers it? Why do certain people have certain powers?

If we can actually call them powers, they are not for say "superhuman". Since the beginning of humanity, we have been a part of a single entity, though limited to our perception of our surroundings. Our different abilities spring from the different ways we allow ourselves to percieve reality. For example, I draw my "abilities" from tactile sensation. By mentally receating a physical sensation, I am able to heat up, cool down, manipulate wind, and achieve a few more minor effects.

I would never consider this as superhuman, or call this "magic". I simply believe that every person here (and everywhere) capable of using an ability has achieved a certain awareness of our realities (note the plural). No matter how this is accomplished, I hope everyone here will take the time to ponder it.

Eaton

p.s. To whom it may concern: We are not x-men.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i would have to agree with you. I posted my truth to see if i could get explinations. Take note to my other tread on finding true answers to "powers" I only wish to explain what i dont understand. and if i get or give explinations that i trully do not grasp or can prove than, i am back at the beginging. I am a Psych major, and a Bio Minor so i need real explinations. I have my own logical theories on my own personal condition. A theory that holds up when looked through a biological point of view.
Also i think i may agree on the perception aspect of what you said. I have always held the theory of Perception=Reality. it gets a little complicated,and is mostly theoretical and hypothetical.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Don't know if this really qualifies as a superpower per se, but I did have something very strange happen once. A few years ago, when I was about 15-16, I lived in a really rotten neighborhood. There was a gang that hung out on our street, not a big one, and mostly just stupid teenagers, but most people did try to stay out of their way.

One day I was walking back to my house when I saw a guy staggering around waving a knife, with a few idiots standing around watching. I figured I'd stay out of it, and started to walk past him, when he snatched a young woman that got too close and started cussing at her. Now, when he grabbed her, he turned his back to me, and I wasn't just going to let someone get hurt, so I grabbed at the handle of the knife and actually managed to take it away before he noticed what was happening, since his reflexes were completely shot. He got really angry, let the girl go, and started yelling at me to give the knife back or else. Heck no. I tried to get him to calm down, but there was no reasoning with anyone as drunk as he was. So I snapped the blade. (It was a really cheap knife.) Then I left.

Now I figured after he sobered up he'd come to his senses, but apparently he didn't. He and one of his gang buddies sneaked up on me one night and said they were going to kick my *** for what I did. Now I'm pretty much the perfect image of a sterotypical computer geek. I was very skinny and had no experience fighting whatsoever. So, basically, I was in trouble. I knew by then trying to reason with them would serve no purpose whatsoever, so I just stood there and did the first thing that popped into my head.

I composed myself as well as I could, looked squarely at them, and said, "You know this isn't going to work, do you?" They thought that was incredibly funny. In hindsight, I guess it was. But when that guy's buddy tried to hit me from behind, I turned just a little, and somehow flipped him through the air and slammed him into the other guy. They got up spitting mad, but looked a little disconcerted and I knew right then I had taken a major step towards defeating them.

So I just stood there with a half-smile and said: "Surely you can do better."

They ran like hell.

After they were gone, I started laughing so hard I was bent over having spasms. It was just so utterly ridiculous that that happened. I still have no idea how I did that with no training whatsoever, but somehow I managed it. And it definitely freaked them out, because no one from that gang never bothered me again.

Does that qualify?

[edit on 9-11-2006 by agent_unawares]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
I knew a guy in high school who could somehow get people to not notice him. I'm not saying he was physically invisible, just highly unnoticable. I'm serious. I saw him do it on many occasions. I don't know how. He said it was just the way you project yourself in a crowd.

I guess his super-hero name would be, [color=999999]Not-There Man.

Hmmmm, interesting. I'm not the guy you knew, but I can do that too. I never thought of it as a power, just something I can do.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ok... I have a few thins to say lol:

1) Ethose, I'm glad to hear that other people have been searching for answers rather than just going "Cool, I have a power!". Not that abilities are wong or anything, I just believe that we must understand how they function to fully harness them. To get back to the question of perception/reality, ponder this: Bypassing for a moment what we assume through science to rather focus on a cause/effect (or action/reaction if you prefer) logic, remember the last time you felt wind. This would be explained as such: there is an air pressure change somewhere, a higher pressured area therefore transfers the air towards the lower area, and we percieve the wind on our skin. Its scientific. Now, lets say that I "mentally" recreate that sensation on my skin. The cause then becomes the sensation, and a specific movement of air is required for it to be percieved. It may sound strange, or even imposible at a glance, but put it to the test.

I am not saying anything is possible, but the realm of possibility is far greater than what we are taught. Although I am not a psych major or bio minor, i am a film production major with a great passion for philosophy, which means I thrive off the ways people percieve reality (be it the world around them or themselves). I deeply believe that we all limit ourselves greatly by lack of imagination, or even lack of the will to understand. If you are really THINKING, you're on the right track.

2) Agent_unawares, we've heard the heroic "Spiderman" story before. You might even have a little pre-cog in you, but self-promotion isn't something people encourage. Regardless of your "power" (or lack of it), don't drown in the fantasy world.

3)

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Not sure if you can call this a "superhuman power" but ...... When it comes down to it, it is not of the "norm" (which doesn't exist).
I come from a line of family members with un-natural "abilities"

Suprisingly I was the first to admit to it and actually got to help the others out and since then we've realized there are many in our family that are the same way. Personally I have what most would call "visions" when I am completely open to it I see a lot of things I'd rather wish I didn't. I can watch the news and can get the "real story" of incidents that have occured. ie murders, I can see it take place and how everything happened. my mom well talks to the dead. as can my oldest aunt. my other aunt can tell when someone is about to be pregnant or already is. and so on and so forth. each and everyone of us has our special unique ability. and when we are all together. hmmm interesting things can happen. we are definitly stronger together. Slowly we are learning to advance. Thats all for now.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameseaton
2) Agent_unawares, we've heard the heroic "Spiderman" story before. You might even have a little pre-cog in you, but self-promotion isn't something people encourage. Regardless of your "power" (or lack of it), don't drown in the fantasy world.

I'm not drowning myself in the fantasy world. I'm just living a normal life. I don't go looking for trouble. I didn't pick my neighborhood. And I don't think I have any special powers. It was just something weird (at least to me) that happened and I wanted to see what people thought. I'm not trying to promote myself, although rereading it, I can see how it might have come off that way. I can't help it if I write well. Personally, I don't believe in psychic powers. I think what happened was plain luck. But it was dang funny nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
There is no such thing. Only protection powers and healing powers and some sexual powers. Also the power for you thought to become true if you think it really really hard during sex or something like that. I am not exactly sure.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
My boyfriend and I BOTH have paranormal abilities. He's 'WAY above most people. He has"super-powers". He works for the Federal Government. (I am retired-different occupation.) He can write on my skin (telekinesis), pound my furniture to make noise to get a point across, posess my body to warn me about someone, etc. I can do psychometry and remote-viewing (natural, not trained). I can do other things, like see the future for my own self-protection, etc. My remote-viewing was proven on a TV show, "Strange Universe". I do NOT use my abilities just to prove a point. I only do them when NECESSARY....like with my boyfriend.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
My boyfriend can also control minds. I have seen him do it with humans. He can also do it with bothersome ETs.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have not been on for a while do to college, and because i had an accident. I broke my foot on saterday, I went to the hospital and the break was confirmed. To day its fine. i fell and the sole of my shoe tuched my spine. its perfectly fine now.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join