It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Jeez where the hell is everyone?!!?
Come on people..are me and Mind the only ones here now?? Oh well, im goin to school now so someone put something interesting! Mind is the Universe has the idea!!

--Superbly Super--

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
...Hmm..how could people like us have been so easily beaten?! the skeptics piss me off! yall know why!? cuz people like us, growing up, are always too afraid to tell the public the truth about us for good reason! now, when there is a thread specified about us and people like us can now in a way come together in like a long lost family type thing and share are experiences to each other w/o having to worry of being judged, some stupid skeptics come in and break everyone's morale!!! that angers me...how could such powerful and smart people been defeated??!! its just like a classic comic book! the evil forces are trying to stop the powerfuls!! sorry, got a lil carried away...but you know what i mean! anyways, thats why i dont like skeptics on this page!!!
So if anyone feels the same way i do...join in!! Dont leave your commrad left hanging! In a way, we are a team...dont let this team demolish......

Who's better? than
--Superbly Super--

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I agree with super. We live in a world where everything is limited and has to be the norm. There's is nothing to be ashamed in telling us and everyone something special and unique. This is what makes it interesting is here other people life stories. Everyone must have had strange happenings in there life that they couldn't believe.

Science will prove all the abilites mentioned here in time. The question is what are people afraid of.

Take an example from my experience. I met a good few people who have done telepathy and have sensed my signals, Yet these are everyday normal people that get on with their lives, as if it's nothing.

Humanity is taken for granted.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
i guess i agree with superbly super too....but most of the sceptics are long gone and it's no use giving motivation talks now....

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
After reading many of the threads posted on ATS and other sites, reading many books & articles, and making observations in my daily life, I have come to the conclusion that there are some people on this planet who truly have abilities that in the comic book vernacular would be called "super-powers." These powers include:
* advanced psychic powers: clairvoyance, psychometry, remote viewing, telepathy
* telekinetic abilities
* possible electro-magnetic abilities
* magical abilities of an undetermined nature that can affect reality
To be fair, I have not heard of anybody who can fly (though some can levitate short distances), break steel with their hands (tho can't some advanced martial-arts people do this? or is that just wooden boards?), or possess unbreakable admantium claws (though an advanced "healing factor" has also been reported in some people).
But even if there are people out there who can only do the psychic, telekinetic, and other stuff--I mean, gosh, that's pretty significant, isn't it? That's like the frickin' X-Men!

My questions to the board are:
1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?
2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?
3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?
4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

I think in the next 25 years these questions and this topic is going to be a very big issue in the world.

A person would have to be able to recompile not only matter or energy to do any of those things. It would have to be a part of a beings biology. Possible yes but not probable.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I sort of agree with you..mostly on the "being part of the beings biology". You're right.
But you see, thats why we are called "Super Humans" because it IS part of our biology!
And thats exactly why I thank God everyday for my abilities, thanks Him for making *ME*.

--Superbly Super--

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
sorry guys ive been away for a really long time. any ways i havent been able to work with my powers recently. so thikn im gonnna go practise and then post my results.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
guys i have a confession. Ever since i joined ATS ive have only posted on this one thread. Why? ive been reaserching, investigating on people who believe that they have super powers. While i am not saying that u dont have powers i am saying that i have been somewhat untruthful . ive been here for my own personal research and that is all, i didn't need help with"Powers". i was just here to see how deep these beliefs went. and i must say i am shocked. when this discussion started it was people discussing whether or not they believed powers exsited, but now it is all people talking about their pwn powers. the discussions and claims have gotten to a point where i fell as though this is a roleplaying game and not a discussion, that all of you are just doing the same as i am. Pretending just to see how deep these things go. I am sorry that i lied to you.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I posted this at another place where it went dead after only one response. Hopefully, it will get better response here.

Supernatural Abilities and God-given gifts

The focus of most paranormal studies is on the outcome, that is the ability and its real or imagined evidence. Watching "Psychic Children" on tv, some thoughts arose that I'd like some input on preferably by other believers, but if you don't believe in the God of the Bible, feel free anyway.

The gifts spoken of in the Bible are miracles, healings, word of wisdom, word of knowledge, prophecy, faith, helps, administration, speaking in an unknown tongue, interpretation of tongues, discerning of spirits (1 Cor 12:8-10).

My point is this: These abilities are clearly supernatural, since they are given by the Spirit, and are not 'natural' to all men.

I know of no clear teaching on what each of these gifts mean, how they manifest, what it is that causes them to manifest, and so on, BUT it does seem clear that, for instance, miracles and prophecy would appear to be paranormal events to non-believers.

I'm wondering if many so-called paranormal gifts, like psychic ability, for instance, wouldn't be what is called the gift of prophecy, word of wisdom, or word of knowledge.

As for "remote viewing", visions would certainly seem to qualify as such. For instance, I've read in Revelation that John was "in the Spirit" and saw many things in heaven and on earth.

As for 'miracles', Peter was the first fully human to walk on water. Criss Angel is a mimick. But if Peter could do it, other humans who believe in Jesus should be able to do it, it would seem. As well as laying hands on the sick and seeing them recover, and raising the dead, and so on.

So are the 'psychics' and 'remote viewers' also gifted? What if they are not believers? Or are their gifts mimics of the Spirit given gifts?

I'm going to be bold enough to say that I've both remote viewed in visions and had what I'm seeing confirmed at the time, or in one case, later, and had prophecy given me both for future, and in the sense of speaking for God in the moment; as well as had information about people 'come to me' from the Spirit as I'm praying or talking to them. None of these abilities operate all the time, nor do they operate in exactly the same way each time, but when they are in operation, it is clear to me that the Spirit is working them through me.

Many other Christians have had similar happenings in their lives.

I think that the reason the world at large is seeing the paranormal happenings more frequently is because it is one of the enemy of our souls tactics for undermining in advance the supernatural workings of God.

The manifestation of the Sons of God spoken of in Romans 8:19 must soon occur, I believe. And then there will be some serious shakeups in what we call normal life!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
All I can say, is im truthful to what I'm capable of doing. If people think I'm crazy, then be free to allow those thoughts come to you. Interesting Kornil
I was a bit doubtful, as controlling wind is a anstronmical ability by human standards. But credit and respedt due to your honesty. But your actions, only doubt thousands more...

However they are genuine people who have abilities and keep it secret, I know I've kept it all hidden till now. Tresures to be recognised, Not that is a big deal, I'm a starting to realise it's better keep it to yourself the more time goes on.

I use it to when you need it, I use it when my mind is free and positive otherwise it won't work. Just like athlethics or any developed ability.

As you have only one life, Make the most at what you have, don't let opportunities die because someone dosn't believe you, who cares if people doubt it and you,

If one's is restricting the natural of ones capabilities then he/she is out to weaken you, or be jealous in some way, or just wishes he/she will top you.

Life is about improving and spreading you to the best you can be until you leave.

I don't believe that these abilities are god given gifts. In fact It angers me, because it's arrogance. You are what you are and it's dosn't mean you are better than the rest, feck this Supernatural, Religious, moonumental and Oh I'm so special. Many people keep it private because of this hideous inuendo and pressure to top or be at one with everyone else.

I developed an atuned abiltiy due to many factors that had a deep impact on my life both positive and negative. Moreover I do not to air laundry about my life, tell it as if it were cool. But all I can say is it's not something that comes down from the heavans - nonsense. and just seem to came to me spontanously, which it didn't . It has taken over half my life to become aware and be at a level that I'm at now.

Supernatural... Is a bit much too A list . Let's stick to it as being unique rather than extraordinary. It's boggles my mind. In fact it would even make my traits become restrictive.

No matter how I try to explain it, It will appear, in some sort of arrogance that I have that other's might not have, I can accept that feeling coming out to other's , I can't change it or control that feeling. But I believe in this because I don't have restrictions on life that most people believe have.

I don't think humanity will ever top this very "ability" thing, because that feeling itself is restricting our minds in the way of fear that one is better than the other, and that's the reality in everyone's mind.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by mind is the universe]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Okay, Mind we have had our differences when we first met and through all that...I consider you my friend...BUT I'll have to disagree with you. I DO believe that our powers, our abilities are given to us by God. That God has truly blessed us. And you said something along the lines of..like, you dont like to think that God granted us these abilities because it makes you superior or something. Well, actually, it kinda does! Thats why we are called "SUPER" humans...or "GIFTED". Key word...GIFTED. It is a GIFT from God. It truly is! You say that God isnt the reason we can develope these powers, that its through our own will. Am I right? Correct me if Im wrong.
But see? God IS the reason that we can even develope it in the first place!! He has blessed us with some sort of genome or something that enables us to practice/have/develope our powers!!

So, my super friend, you can disagree with me and thats okay cuz this is a discussion and we all have our ideas and opinions. I have just stated what I think this is all about...*I* believe that God has blessed us....blessed ME. and thats exactly why I thank Him every morning as I look at myself, Superbly Super, in the mirror..........

--Superbly Super--

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by superbly super
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Okay, Mind we have had our differences when we first met and through all that...I consider you my friend...BUT I'll have to disagree with you. I DO believe that our powers, our abilities are given to us by God. That God has truly blessed us. And you said something along the lines of..like, you dont like to think that God granted us these abilities because it makes you superior or something. Well, actually, it kinda does! Thats why we are called "SUPER" humans...or "GIFTED". Key word...GIFTED. It is a GIFT from God. It truly is! You say that God isnt the reason we can develope these powers, that its through our own will. Am I right? Correct me if Im wrong.
But see? God IS the reason that we can even develope it in the first place!! He has blessed us with some sort of genome or something that enables us to practice/have/develope our powers!!

So, my super friend, you can disagree with me and thats okay cuz this is a discussion and we all have our ideas and opinions. I have just stated what I think this is all about...*I* believe that God has blessed us....blessed ME. and thats exactly why I thank Him every morning as I look at myself, Superbly Super, in the mirror..........

--Superbly Super--

Well it's a big question... About God and what God is, cus I'm well not sure about it. Not going into the depths of that. But let's just say I have my beliefs and some of it works to what you have said and not said what you have said, if you can get me? Sounds a little confusing...

Ok they are gifts... But my point is it's not a gift in way that it just so happens a "GOD" points the finger towards you.... That crap, and I think it's sad to be honest, really is. Everyone is capable of reaching a goal or an amazing ability, if you work at it..To much suffering in this world for me to accept that your just blessed. In me, looking at myself as superior would block my inhibitations a lot? Would that be superfior? It took me most of my entire life to accept the eccentricty of the whole "phenomoneon" that people bury in the ground..
does that makes sense? I mean, I am proud at what I can do, but to me, thinking I'm better than everyone else, because I can do something that a lot of people can't (or even they know wheter they can or not)... You'll only becoming more restricted and unadvantagous.

I just want to get it into people's head, that if you have a "gift" use it, if you don't fine, work at it and let it come to you... It's about opening up the mind up, and allowing yourself to be expanded.. and moving your mind beyond the daily limitations that we are living in day in day out.

Something's are not possible as of yet, of course. But you can make measures to the that goal. In time we will evolve to it that hurdle or that abilty if you like. It will pass onto our childrens childrens over generations.. it's called evolving. A lot of rambling now I know... Hope you see where I'm coming from.

As you and some would put "gifts" afe "superior" I would put "gifts" |"presents you give to the world"...

I would want to make this clear,

The idea of "gift" means unique somewhat, and this straight away puts up boundaries to others, in the respect that's it's a cateogory or an unreacable trait, because it's unique to the "gifted individual". It's like saying oh he has something no one else has?"how am I going to compete with that? see what I'm saying..

This one thing that I'm getting from you Super, but Again I could be wrong?
It is true, that in life, Nature picks the strongest and fittest for survival.. and thats a fact, and you could say the superior in that respect in life.While the weak eventually get's singled out of the equation. and you mention a bit of faith, I understand this plays a lot of allowing yourself to develop etc..

We are all blessed I think, but then again, I have perculier beliefs about us and Humanity
I'm not the one to follow other people theorys or religions on GOD...(that's another topic)

I believe that our minds, thoughts, achievments, aspirations, abilites etc are all stored in our genome in our lifetime and it's passed on to the next. Hence just like physical traits are.
If you call it a gift then so be it.

But I don't agree with everything you have said
, but I see where your coming from and your defo intitled to your opinions.. I did like your last line in the second last paragraph that's something that I believe strongly, a purpose, a role, and a something for humanity. This is a big topic, I'd like to tap into...

Rambling and rambling.... I'm letting some thoughts pop out..

Probably loads of grammer mistakes

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This was posted on the thread I started on this subject by AngelaLadyS and she has requested/given me permission to repost it:

I'm Christian and have these expeirences.
I am careful here, as I don't want to add or subtract any words from the Good Book - and I don't want this post to take me 3 hours (work in the morning).

But spiritual gifts were spoken of and were, yes. But it also says they will stop. Then it says they will start again in end times. (please study for yourself, as this is my opinion, and I need to study much much more before I can give a decent account for what the Bible tells us).

I see alot of these things as simply the way we are, intuitive and sensative. Technology grew and our senses dulled.

But even a God fearing person that tries very hard to do the right thing and live as God wants us too ... still they can be fooled, tricked, tempted and lead into things and places we don't belong. I'm sure the devil has no problem using any trick (and 'gifts') as weapons to bring God's children into his own domain.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
First, that was a great conversation we had. And we both ended up accepting each others mind set on the subject sorta. I understand where you are coming from Mind. You make a pretty good point.

Second, from the post before me, the person who mentioned the Bible. Now, im not the deepest thinker out here, so i dont know exactly what this person was trying to say. From the last paragraph of it, I got that the person was trying to say that our "gifts" are bad in a way?? Devilish?? If thats what they are trying to say....i HIGHLY disagree with that...but then again...i dont know exactly this person is talking about

--Superbly Super--

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

First, that was a great conversation we had. And we both ended up accepting each others mind set on the subject sorta. I understand where you are coming from Mind. You make a pretty good point.

Second, from the post before me, the person who mentioned the Bible. Now, im not the deepest thinker out here, so i dont know exactly what this person was trying to say. From the last paragraph of it, I got that the person was trying to say that our "gifts" are bad in a way?? Devilish?? If thats what they are trying to say....i HIGHLY disagree with that...but then again...i dont know exactly this person is talking about

--Superbly Super--

Although I didn't write what you are referring to, I did post it at the author's request. So, I'll try to explain it asking forgiveness of the author in advance.

She is saying, i believe, that to misuse the intent of the Bible, she, as a Christian, does not want to do. She apparently believes that the "gifts" mentioned in the Bible as being distributed by God's Spirit to those to whom He chooses to give them are not still in operation today. That is a view held by a significant number of Christians today, though not by me personally.

I don't believe she thinks the gifts being given by God are "bad", but that the ones promoted by the evil spirits who mimic all that God does ARE.

The Bible specifically and emphatically states "do not suffer a witch to live" and that mediums are not to be consulted. It also condemns the practice of astrology as a fortune telling tool (as it is an attempt to bypass the Creator of the stars in a search for 'hidden' knowledge).

It is believed by many Christians that the "deep things of Satan" condemned in Revelation refers to the 'black arts' of magic and so forth.

I believe that the lumping together of all 'supernatural' gifts into the 'bad' category has done a great disservice to all Christians since it hinders their use of the God-given gifts which are 'supernatural' in nature. The gifts given by the Holy Spirit are, imho, the REAL thing while the other 'psychic' abilities are shadows of the real. That they do operate is, I think, without question.

However, as a Christian, I am aware that anything not done for the glory of God and promotion of His kingdom is worthless, so that psychics (palm-readers and so on for example) who glorify only themselves are, in that light, misusing the gift of foreknowledge or special knowledge given them.

Part of Christian service, though, is service to other humans, so I'm a bit unsure how to look at things like psychic detectives who purportedly find lost or kidnapped children and adults with some regularity or who assist the police in solving crimes like murder and so on, yet do not credit God as the source of their gifts. I do think the people who use their abilities in such ways are actually, whether knowingly or not, fulfilling God's desire to comfort and assist man.

But as to the source of such gifts, I'd have to say they are God-given in all cases, since we are made in His image, and so have to consider that we've also been shaped in His likeness in abilities, though limited by our finite minds.

Hopefully this has answered the question as well as giving me an opportunity to express some of my beliefs on this subject.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oh yes it did! Thanks for explaining! I admire people who can collect there thoughts like you did and put 'em down in a way where people can understand
Pretty ineteresting...and I agree. The palm-readers and "witch" people are, in my opinion, bad. But, I dont think that ALL people with psychic abilities are bad. People who have it naturally...people who still pray to God. For instance, my mom(though im not saying she is a full-fledged psychic)has an incredible talent at "knowing" things....if you know what I mean. Yet, she is still a good person and everything. And as you/the author said about christians believing that all super-natural abilities can be bad is pretty true. My girlfriend is a super religious person, but she tells me of dreams that she has that the things she dreams later on come true...and her dreams have pretty good accuracy from what she says. I mentioned that maybe that could be some sort of 6th sense thing and she totally denied it. And it seems liek she gets mad when i mention that

So ill have to agree with the author and mainly you...especially on the part of our gifts being God-given

--Superbly Super--

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity

--Superbly Super--

Although I didn't write what you are referring to, I did post it at the author's request. So, I'll try to explain it asking forgiveness of the author in advance.

She is saying, i believe, that to misuse the intent of the Bible, she, as a Christian, does not want to do. She apparently believes that the "gifts" mentioned in the Bible as being distributed by God's Spirit to those to whom He chooses to give them are not still in operation today. That is a view held by a significant number of Christians today, though not by me personally.

I don't believe she thinks the gifts being given by God are "bad", but that the ones promoted by the evil spirits who mimic all that God does ARE.

The Bible specifically and emphatically states "do not suffer a witch to live" and that mediums are not to be consulted. It also condemns the practice of astrology as a fortune telling tool (as it is an attempt to bypass the Creator of the stars in a search for 'hidden' knowledge).

It is believed by many Christians that the "deep things of Satan" condemned in Revelation refers to the 'black arts' of magic and so forth.

I believe that the lumping together of all 'supernatural' gifts into the 'bad' category has done a great disservice to all Christians since it hinders their use of the God-given gifts which are 'supernatural' in nature. The gifts given by the Holy Spirit are, imho, the REAL thing while the other 'psychic' abilities are shadows of the real. That they do operate is, I think, without question.

However, as a Christian, I am aware that anything not done for the glory of God and promotion of His kingdom is worthless, so that psychics (palm-readers and so on for example) who glorify only themselves are, in that light, misusing the gift of foreknowledge or special knowledge given them.

Part of Christian service, though, is service to other humans, so I'm a bit unsure how to look at things like psychic detectives who purportedly find lost or kidnapped children and adults with some regularity or who assist the police in solving crimes like murder and so on, yet do not credit God as the source of their gifts. I do think the people who use their abilities in such ways are actually, whether knowingly or not, fulfilling God's desire to comfort and assist man.

But as to the source of such gifts, I'd have to say they are God-given in all cases, since we are made in His image, and so have to consider that we've also been shaped in His likeness in abilities, though limited by our finite minds.

Hopefully this has answered the question as well as giving me an opportunity to express some of my beliefs on this subject.

Ok... I am taking a DEEP breath on this, in the hope I don't come accross inappropriate...

Ok. Firstly that is a fly off the wall "theory"

It comes from Christian's who are more than likely extremist..... Full stop. Or even the average one, where they fear the unknowns that is not part of christianity... Natural I suppose we all fear the unknown... But please can we stop all acting like this comes from the moon..

If I had supernatural abilities does that make me a nut? Jesus had them (which I think is a load of crack and pot) does that mean he's part of the satanic bond. Who said they were god given gifts... NOBODY. The bible said a lot of things, so don't get me started on that.

We live on planet where life and the weird is everywhere, and out of them is "these type of people. Brainwash other's to say this is bad and this is good.

Witches are bad and white witches are good and putting all these records into files. christ.

I'm starting to lose my paitence on this nonsense...

This thread.... Is not about Christian or ANY other religion... so please keep it out. thanks

[edit on 28-8-2006 by mind is the universe]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Whoa dude! Relax! We are just having a DISCUSSION. Seriously pal, why not just change the subject? Okay here you go,...have any good stories about your abilities or any recent updates??(This is a question for EVERYONE...not just Mind...so feel free to answer)

--Superbly Super--

P.S. did I spell discussion right? LOL

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Originally posted by curiousity

Ok... I am taking a DEEP breath on this, in the hope I don't come accross inappropriate...

Ok. Firstly that is a fly off the wall "theory"

It comes from Christian's who are more than likely extremist..... Full stop. Or even the average one, where they fear the unknowns that is not part of christianity... Natural I suppose we all fear the unknown... But please can we stop all acting like this comes from the moon..

If I had supernatural abilities does that make me a nut? Jesus had them (which I think is a load of crack and pot) does that mean he's part of the satanic bond. Who said they were god given gifts... NOBODY. The bible said a lot of things, so don't get me started on that.

We live on planet where life and the weird is everywhere, and out of them is "these type of people. Brainwash other's to say this is bad and this is good.

Witches are bad and white witches are good and putting all these records into files. christ.

I'm starting to lose my paitence on this nonsense...

This thread.... Is not about Christian or ANY other religion... so please keep it out. thanks

[edit on 28-8-2006 by mind is the universe]

It is an open forum and I was expressing my beliefs concerning things "supernatural" so you have no grounds for saying to "keep it out", firstly and secondly, if it upsets you to read about things of God and Christianity, there is a simple remedy which I'm sure you know by now.

It always amazes me that posts can be about ANYTHING under the sun, from alien reptoid's ruling the world to posters claiming to be "All seeing" and offering "answers" to all who wish to ask them something and NO ONE has any objections to the posts.

So why is it you have such a problem with the Biblical point of view? I think it is a personal problem, myself. As another poster has said about why truth can be difficult, maybe the subject is too disturbing to you to handle just now. If so, that is hardly a unique problem, but again, if you don't wish to read about things of God, don't.

I don't mean to be any more rude than you were, but I, too, get tired of nonsense.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Oh yes it did! Thanks for explaining! I admire people who can collect there thoughts like you did and put 'em down in a way where people can understand
Pretty ineteresting...and I agree. The palm-readers and "witch" people are, in my opinion, bad. But, I dont think that ALL people with psychic abilities are bad. People who have it naturally...people who still pray to God. For instance, my mom(though im not saying she is a full-fledged psychic)has an incredible talent at "knowing" things....if you know what I mean. Yet, she is still a good person and everything. And as you/the author said about christians believing that all super-natural abilities can be bad is pretty true. My girlfriend is a super religious person, but she tells me of dreams that she has that the things she dreams later on come true...and her dreams have pretty good accuracy from what she says. I mentioned that maybe that could be some sort of 6th sense thing and she totally denied it. And it seems liek she gets mad when i mention that

So ill have to agree with the author and mainly you...especially on the part of our gifts being God-given

--Superbly Super--

We are on the same page concerning palm readers and witches, but I agree, there are many good people gifted with supernatural powers, many of them not even realizing it. My own mother was born with a "caul", that is a covering over her face which is supposedly a sign of psychic powers, and I can't begin to tell you why that fact came down to me, since none of my people were what you might call supernaturally inclined. The great majority of them were not Christian even, but my Mom did seem to have the ability to read people pretty well, though she was self-effacing enough that she didn't talk about it much.

My sister and I both have had visions and 'feelings' about things that turned out to be true. Before I was a Christian, I had a number of very spooky occurences happen to me or around me, among them visits from spirits who, though not visible to me, made their presence known, and so on. I was very frightened of the supernatural and when I became a Christian, thought I'd learned why, that is, because they are demonically inspired.

But the more I am not afraid of the supernatural, the more I see that the gifts spoken of in the Bible as given by God are very easily correlated to the ones heard about in the secular realm. That is why I think it is a shame that Christians for the most part are so against all manifestations of supernatural events. I think it prohibits the Spirit-given gifts from operating to the detriment of everyone.

Another reason for the prohibition against the supernatural is, I think,that if there were people around who could heal our illnesses by simply laying hands on us and praying, the medical business would be out of business in pretty short order, wouldn't it.

That may be another reason the other gifts are sort of poo-poo'd by many and that is that it puts some people in a special category, which of course upsets many. Especially those who don't have it.

Anyway, just some more thoughts. Thanks for your kind comments, but I enjoy your kind of posts as stream of consciousness just as much as the ones posters like me labor over for probably way too long.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join