It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
jeez, wat happened to everyone in this thread??? seems like everyone's minds are currently blank!! don't tell me there are no more new developments or any other person with powers!! ok, so anyway, has anyone here ever felt like you're watching a scene for the second time even tho u had no clue u were going to be doing whatever u were doing?? a few of my frnds and me feel that, but we're not sure wat it is.... can ne one shed some lite on dis??

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Umm...yeah, im not sure i really understand what you are talking about. Maybe try explaining again?
But i am over being sick and like i said..im even stronger than before! MUWAHAHA!
its great to be me

--Superbly Super--

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
We all possess these abilities, however not everyone has evolved to the level of every day use. Some people use them and don't even realize it. Interesting post, I will reply again with some personal experiences when I have more time.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
what i mean is, it's kinda like livin thru the same moment twice or u've dreamt about a particular scene before and it happens, but you don't realize till it happens that you've dreamt/seen it before. i don't think i'm really being clear, but i can't find anyother way to express it!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
and i also am not the only one experiencing that, its happend to my frnds and some other ppl, but only a few ppl

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
one thing that wud help u understand is reading it over and over slowly, if u don't understand!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
No I get it. What it sounds like you're describing is DEJA VU. Sounds JUST like that! You should look up DEJA VU...and Im sure you have heard of it

--Superbly Super--
P.S. I get that ALL the time...you're not alone here

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Im in fifth grade and everytime i get close to this girl whos my new friend, and we think the same thing strongly, theres a 80 percent chance it happens. E.G. We were playing football in gym and we held hands and we thought "Drop it!" or "catch it!" depending on what team had the ball, and it would happen. Were both cristian and we don't do witchcraft, although i did it once upon a time ago, and i think this may be leftover side effect. I love the power, But i can't go back to witchcraft. I think it may have rubed off on my friend too. My powers are devolping rapidly, no matter how unoften i practice. At first it was physic, then ball control, and i think it may levitation and object movement next. And one more thing, there is also this girl who curses people, like she cursed a boy on our team who is usally great, and he was terrible at everything that day. Im wondering how we can disable her power.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by superbly super
No I get it. What it sounds like you're describing is DEJA VU. Sounds JUST like that! You should look up DEJA VU...and Im sure you have heard of it

--Superbly Super--
P.S. I get that ALL the time...you're not alone here

yeah, but Deja Vu is something bad happening over again

thanks! so deja vu is a commonly misused phrase...but why da heck doesn't it happen to everyone??? i've asked and most people don't seem to have even heard of such a thing happening!

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hmm..i dont know....we are just special, i guess
Perhaps you can do more research on the subject...maybe why/how it happens. If you find anything interesting, you should post it!

--Superbly Super--

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The term déjà vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all. Say, for example, you are traveling to England for the first time. You are touring a cathedral, and suddenly it seems as if you have been in that very spot before. Or maybe you are having dinner with a group of friends, discussing some current political topic, and you have the feeling that you've already experienced this very thing -- same friends, same dinner, same topic.

The phenomenon is rather complex, and there are many different theories as to why déjà vu happens. Swiss scholar Arthur Funkhouser would describe the first incidence as déjà visité ("already visited") and the second as déjà vecu ("already experienced or lived through").

A higher number of incidents occurs in people 15 to 25 years old than in any other age group.

Déjà vu has been firmly associated with temporal-lobe epilepsy.
Since déjà vu occurs in individuals with and without a medical condition, there is much speculation as to how and why this phenomenon happens. Several psychoanalysts attribute déjà vu to simple fantasy or wish fulfillment, while some psychiatrists ascribe it to a mismatching in the brain that causes the brain to mistake the present for the past. Many parapsychologists believe it is related to a past-life experience. Obviously, there is more investigation to be done.

But tho they state this here, according to others, it cud also be the feeling that one has been there before is often due to the fact that one has been there before. One has simply forgotten most of the original experience because one was not paying close attention the first time. The original experience may even have occurred only seconds or minutes earlier.

i don't believe the 2nd part about having bin there b4, coz the exact same thing can't happen again. but the first part sounds more like it!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, I get that A LOT! I just thought it was a normal occurance, so I never posted anything on it
I have a weird type though. Windancer, respond if its like this with you....

But the type of "deja vu" i get is different from what others may describe. The second that the instance that I have...well deja vu-ed, I remember it. Let me try to explain..umm...like this one time I was at lunch at school with my posse and we were talking about..i think it was a discussion my friend had with a teacher. But, its like the deja vu-ed part was like several minutes long. I know this is hard to understand, im doin my best
Anyways, Like the moment my friend said a certain word, I remembered it all. And i knew what was goin to happen within the next couple of minutes. About a minute later, I knew what my friend was about to say and I would finish his sentence about what the teacher said, and he was like, "dude, how did you know what she said??" And my other friend was going to throw his chip bag away and he shot for the trash can several feet from him and he missed and just as he was throwing it, I told him it was going to miss.....it did. I KNEW it was...I KNEW he was going to throw it rather than get up. Pretty weird...it happens a lot, but like i said, I thought it was a normal occurance so I never posted it.

was it a coincedence? Perhaps..but highly unlikely. Cuz I could see it happening BEFORE it was just about to take place. well, yall be the judge.....
Someone repost if they can relate to this.

--Superbly Super--

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
whoa!!! it's like ur part psychic! ever thot about it?? k anyway, yeah, that's happened to me too, but not as clearly as it's happend to u. i mean when i go thru deja vu, i knw some of the lines but it's not several minutes long, but when i was younger, it lasted some minutes. but this kinda thing doesn't happen to everyone, coz i asked my family and they've not had such a deja vu experience! but my uncle has and he's psychic. i read somewhere that everyone is part psychic and maybe that's true so that's why they have short deja vus, but i guess the reason that it's happening this long for some of us here, is coz we're "special"!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hmm...wow! I guess i have psychic potential. Yall know me..i am mainly super human...i never thought i had a bit of psychic in me. Pretty cool to think about. But you are right...i think there is psychic in everyone...its just some are more intune to it than others....

--Superbly Super--

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by winddancer92
what i mean is, it's kinda like livin thru the same moment twice or u've dreamt about a particular scene before and it happens, but you don't realize till it happens that you've dreamt/seen it before. i don't think i'm really being clear, but i can't find anyother way to express it!

Hi again Winddancer! That just happened to me..we are a lot alike, I knew what you meant right away.

This is me talking on the IM with my Psi friend:

Me: anything Psi happen to you lately in real life? I'm not sure if it's Psi or not, but did I tell you about the bird that flew on my head?

Friend: not really - no

Me: oh thats a funny story and sad too

Friend: go ahead lol!!

Me: Well my husband and I were outside taping things off to stain the deck, and
we were just ready to start, and then I heard a loud thud and I thought a bird had flown into one of our tinted windows because they are a little like mirrors. And I went over to look, and there was this little bright bird on the deck and I said to my husband "Oh No a parrot just flew into our window"! He said What! and looked at me like I was nuts, or like I was trying to get out of doing work.

The little bird got up and started walking around and he wasnt a parrot he was one of those beautiful lovebirds that look a lot like small parrots. So, I knew he had to belong to someone...someones pet that got out. I knew I had to try and catch him, and as I got closer he kept walking away from me. I felt like I had to catch him because pet birds like him can't survive in the wild without any food as they need a meal everyday, or they die quick, also predators can get them. I wanted to catch him and put him in one of my bird cages and then go door to door and try and find his owner.

I stated calling him and shouting 'Here Buddy!" and he looked at me but he keep walking, then he flew off when I got close enough to catch him. I said 'Buddy come back!' I was really into it and I felt desperate to catch him. He
was up in the tree looking down at me and I just kept calling him and making little noises to him. Then all of a sudden he flew out of the tree and landed right on my head!

I was so surprised!

I was happy but I didn't know what he was doing on my head or how I could get him in the house him sitting there atop my head like that. I asked my husband "What's he doing up there?" I tried to look up and I cracked my husband up because there was no way I could see him.

I asked my husband "Is he taking a crap on my head?"

My husband said "No he is playing with your hair, he's chewing on it". I thought of what big sharp beaks those parrot type birds have and I asked him.."Is he just chewing it or is he biting it off, because I didn't want to be left with a head full of stubbles.

My husband said ...No he is just tossing it around and looking around on your head for something to eat maybe. And, now he is preening his feathers and cleaning his feet.

I said ok...Lets try and get him in the house now. My husband said "That bird isnt coming in the house he will fly all around and crap everywhere!"

I said 'Yes he is coming in..hold the door open for me". So my husband sighed and said "Oh all rite (because you should have seen how cute the bird was.. he was irresistable).

I think he may have been afraid of my husband standing there or maybe he was afraid to go into the house but when I got close to the door he flew off again. Then I started calling him again to come to me. He was up in the tree and as I was calling him all the yard birds came over to investigate what was going on. Then the chickadees started chasing him from branch to branch and harassing him, and the blue jay and the crow also came over to see what was going on. Then he flew over to me because he was afraid of my yardbirds (they are very territorial).

He started flying towards me, but I didnt want him to go back on my head again. So, I was hoping he had been finger trained and I held out my hand and fingers so he could land on them instead. Then what he did was so cool...he came up to my hand and then flew in place like a hummingbird, because he had a really short tail like a hummer. Then he decided he didn't want to land on my hand and he flew back up on my head again.

I put my hand a little in front of my head to see if I could still get him to go on my finger...but this time he took off like a shot and flew far away...My husband said he thought maybe he saw his home or his family from the vantage point of my head because he took off like he knew what he was going.

I dont know if he is ok or not and for some reason I couldn't quit thinking about him. It was like he was my pet, or the whole thing seemed familiar somehow.
I tried calling him for a long time but he never came back again. He was such a little cutie, I would have kept him if I couldnt have found his owners and given him a nice life too and lots to eat.

Friend: Yes I bet. I wonder what happened to him?

Me:I guess we'll never know. What would you have done?

Friend: There is not much u can do if they fly away

Me: Yes its their nature to want to be free and to fly.

Friend: Yes you can't blame them

Anyways, about two days after the lovebird encounter, I had a dream that two lovebirds came into my yard, and I got them to get on me. One on my shoulder and one on my hand. While I was dreaming I recognized the dream as being a recurring dream, that I have been having off and on for the last few years. Maybe thats why I was trying so hard to get the real lovebird on my hand, because thats the way it happened in my dream.

I think thats what you meant Winddancer. Also, I think it is wierd that happened to me just last week and then I come here and find a post from you about it. I actually came here tonight to try and answer the other question you asked me awhile back about communicating with the spirits of the Wind.

~ Deep

[edit on 22-9-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by winddancer92
hi! I really don't think it's nutty the wind spirits being alive. Everytime I try practicing aerokinesis, if i'm angry nothing really happens, but when I'm in better moods i find the response of the wind. It's really cool when that happens, but I'm not really that strong with the spirits yet. Do you think u cud suggest some way how i cud work up a better relation with the winds? Also, is working with the wind spirits only gonna work if u're in a good mood? Don't stronger feelings like anger or excitement work? I'll take ur advice and not try hard, b'coz when i do i realize i tense and don't really concentrate, i only think about whether it will work or not!It's also really cool about the group working to stop hurricanes, and aren't there any groups like that in India or middle east?

hope to hear soon,
winddancer

Sorry it wasn't soon I got sidetracked, and had to do a bunch of work. But I'm here now. Glad you are still here Winddancer.

I think aerokinesis works better when you are calm and feel empowered. It can work when you are righteously angry, but it still helps if you are calm...if that makes sense. If you want control that is and not random gusty winds.

As far as how you could work up a better relationship with the wind I have been thinking about that question a lot. About two weeks after I was last here I saw a movie about Faeiries and in the movie there was a quote that said the fairies were the spirits of the air. The movie is called Fairy Tale: A True Story (1997).

Here is a link which describes it in better detail:

www.imdb.com...

Anyway, it is a story about two little girls who befriend fairies. I read the trailer and I guess it all turned out to be just an elaborate hoax, but still it did make me wonder about fairies being the real air spirits. However, after learning that it was all a hoax I am doubting it again. Here is another link about fairies and there is a type of air fairy called:

..."Sylphs" Spirit fairies of the air. They are transparent and elusive. They seem to be surrounded by a glow."... (I personally have never seen anything in the wind, only heard it.)

www.gnosticrob.com...

The spirits could also be ghosts that gather together. As I said they are friendly and like to play, just as intelligent and energetic children might. They are helpful. I think if you try getting yourself in a happy, playful mindframe that may help. They like to be praised also when you ask them to come from a certain direction and they do.

There may be some groups like that in India and the Middle East that work to stop hurricanes. There are many talented Yogis in India who might know of such a thing. If not you could start one yourself. Also, some people can influence the earth and earthquakes, a group that could calm the earth would also be helpful in the Middle East.

Sorry that wasn't much info but life is a continuous adventure of discovery and I hope as we all practice we will learn more and share what we find with each other. Will and intention are also important when directing the winds, as it is important to be clear.

~ Deep

[edit on 22-9-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
No offense to the Superheroes of Tomorrow.. but until you have proof.. you are all just a bunch of less entertaining John Edwards.

So much has been made of PSYCHIC Superpowers, yet none of you here have won a lottery because of your gifts. Would you like to see some REAL Superpowers? How about a mutated human with SUPER STRENGTH?

Genetic mutation turns tot into superboy

This baby is the first known human case.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
No offense to the Superheroes of Tomorrow.. but until you have proof.. you are all just a bunch of less entertaining John Edwards.

So much has been made of PSYCHIC Superpowers, yet none of you here have won a lottery because of your gifts. Would you like to see some REAL Superpowers? How about a mutated human with SUPER STRENGTH?

Genetic mutation turns tot into superboy

This baby is the first known human case.

The baby is very awesome and cool. Thanks for sharing the story about him. It's great they can use what they learned from him to help people with muscular dystrophy. It's hard to document some things, unless you have a scientist and/or medical dr. handy. Also Psi can be unpredicatable. I do the Psi tests for some documentation.

I am uploading some scores, and I hope they turn out and are readable. I am not good with uploading photos. Anyway, about winning the lottery...I've gotten close but only in practice...but its documented and it still counts as evidence, even though I didn't win any moolah. I've twice gotten 4's plus a mega (for a total of five), with Odds of 197,220/1, and my Psi partner has gotten all 5's but no mega with Odds of 1,592,936/1. There is a story behind this I would like to share:

On 12/21/2004 under a different screenname at Gotpsi I picked the numbers
5, 8, 15, 18, 25 and 5. I hit on all the numbers with 5's in them plus 18. I like the number 5 because that's my lucky number. I never told anyone about it, or what numbers I played, not even my friend Cristo31.

Then on or around October 10, 2005. I was playing on the Lotto Test and all of a sudden I went into this hypnotic trance like state. A voice was telling me things I needed to do in order to do good at picking numbers. I started hitting doubles and triples one after another.

Then my psi partner Cristo31 came on and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was in a trance and I told him what the voice was telling me. And somehow whatever put me in a trance must have gotten to him also, because he also went into a trance. Now what happened next was really wierd. The voice thru me told him to go pick a screenname he rarely uses 'Dan Dare', and play the Lotto Test. He did and after a couple tries, he got his very first 5/6 match.

But it's the numbers he picked that were super strange. The numbers he picked were 5, 7, 15, 25, 42 and mega 5. So, he also picked 5, 15, 25 and mega 5 just like I did about a year before without any knowledge of me having also done so. The numbers he actually got were 5, 15, 25, plus 7 and 42. Still the original numbers he picked were almost the same as mine. The words of the voice put him on a winning streak also, because then after he got the 5 he got a 3 of a kind.

No one ever figured out what the odds were of both of us getting 5 out of 6, while picking 4/6 of the same numbers. People don't get the 5/6's very often either. Not sure of the exact average, maybe around once a year someone will get one, out of hundreds of thousands of tries. For example in the year 2005 there was a Total of 769,259 plays by 8,513 users. A few months after Cristo hit one, I hit another 5/6. I think because at that time I was vibbing into my Higher Self again, because we were talking about that on AngelWings thread about trying to find your Angels name. And I am wondering if my higher self may be responsible for all of them.

My partner also wrote about the experience further documenting it, on the Gotpsi message board, around the time he hit. He wrote down some of the things the voice was telling him through me. So, I think that will be the way we will eventually hit the lottery is by being hypnotized from an external source, or perhaps we can try hypnosis on each other without an external source helping us. I think its important for me to say that my powers are not all me and I can't really take credit for all of them, except that they come through me. The same is true of my poetry and art.

My lotto test:

His lotto test:

[edit on 26-9-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
After reading alot of your entries..... does anyone know how they got there abilities?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
now that u ask, i don't really knw......but maybe it's hereditary, coz my dad's side, my relatives are either psychic or something, so maybe its coz of that.....but i'm not sure, and a really interestin question to think over.........how about u other guys, superb, deeplyawake and all??

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join