It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't God intervene? A question to the religious among you..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I know my last post was a long one, but I hope it was at least somewhat helpful or thought provoking.

If you didn't read all of it, please at least read the very last part. We often think that God just lets these things happen and that He doesn't care, or that He isn't doing anything or doesn't even have a plan to do something.

Truth is, while that these innocent babies may die every day, God sees it as more important to wait to fix the earth because He longs for more people to choose Him. He doesn't want people to reject Him and choose punishment instead. Those who die now (either the innocent or redeemed) are no longer suffering. It is those who are alive that God is waiting for. We would end our own suffering by turning to Him and repenting of our wrongdoings. If the world would turn to Him, He would fix the problems because He would have no reason to wait any longer.

Personally, I will gladly continue to suffer in life if God's delay of renewing the Earth results in more people accepting Christ as savior.

If you don't have a Christian faith though, these things do not help answer your question. If you believe these things, then God maintains His loving character, even while the young die without just cause.

God Bless, and I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
@God

Dude, where the heck are you man!!!
We have not seen or heard from you in the last 2000 years apparently. The only proof I get to show my idiot science friends are quotes from old book.

Come here now and clear this all for everyone please, show up in the sky or something!! You did it back then why not now? GIVE US A SIGN PLEASE!

link   
I wished I died when I was still a baby so I don't have to live in this wretched world that's no different than hell. Why do people only view death as a negative thing?

link   

Originally posted by Hellas
because that would be against the "free will" he gave mankind.

Then why do people pray?

IRM

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Completely honest, that sounds kinda crazy to me. I am curious though where you got that information and what made you come to believe it. Not trying to be disrespectful about it, it just sounds pretty far out there.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Originally posted by Hellas
because that would be against the "free will" he gave mankind.

Yep.

I was waiting for that mate.

Seriously, if you love someone, are a all powerful God, would allow a young baby to suffer %85 burns and scald to death?

I'm sorry, it doesn't wash.

In fact, that's almost obscene on the face of it.

It is the Abraham beliefs that is hanging you up.

If you have one life to live , then these thing don't make sense.

If you have thousands of lives in order to learn all there is to know about 3 dimensional reality, then look at the big picture. Each life is a learning process for not just you but everyone your life touches.

We are here to learn and experience EVERYTHING no matter how ugly because these meat suits are not who we are.

It is nice to know that more and more people are awakening and sharing the truth of our real existence.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

are accidents also free will?

Eg, Baby sitting in garden, meteor kills baby, free will?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have to also point out the many miracles that have happened as well. Recently: (UK) A seven week old baby, in a car crash is flung from the car on a highway and is found in a median strip out of its seat, alive, crying and unhurt.

(AU) Baby in pram, rolls onto track into oncoming train. Survives unscathed.

(AU) Baby falls 13 meters from a balcony, survives, unscathed.

(EU) 9yo boy sole survivor of a plane crash that killed 110ppl

So, there are tragedies and miracles everywhere. Does God want children to die? Certainly not. What We don't see, is the constant battle between angels and demons. Even in the bible it mentions about Gabriel fighting for days and nights against dark forces to send a message to a prophet.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JvanT

You cannot claim a holy miracle just because someone was lucky to survive.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

Completely honest, that sounds kinda crazy to me. I am curious though where you got that information and what made you come to believe it. Not trying to be disrespectful about it, it just sounds pretty far out there.

That is not crazy. That is just how it is. If you look for an answer, you will find it. As the bible said, "Seek and ye will find it.". Seek with an open mind and without fear. Fear usually clouds our judgment and in return we cannot see the truth.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Please check your facts. Jesus wasn't born on December 25th, even though that is the date we celebrate it on. (Drives me crazy because it does tie in to other religions when they aren't related at all), they should have kept his actual birthday which would have been some time in June if I recall correctly. Watching the movie "The Star of Bethlehem" would be very beneficial to you I'm thinking.

Also, Reading "The Gospel and the Greeks" would help in the realization that Christianity doesn't borrow from these other religions at all. The myth was put to rest years ago but continues to be brought up in faulty and misguided history books.

I am not completely familiar with the history of the other religions you mentioned, but the error that claims Jesus birth as December 25th makes me bring into question everything else you posted as FACT.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Mykahel]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwiksilva

There are no accidents in life. There are also no coincidences. Everything that happened to us, we planned it ourselves or agreed to it before we incarnated here on earth.

That baby dying at an early age have agreed to have a short life in order to let the parents, doctors, neighbors, relatives, etc. experience something that they need to experience. The baby can always incarnate again to another human vessel.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

There are no accidents in life. There are also no coincidences. Everything that happened to us, we planned it ourselves or agreed to it before we incarnated here on earth.

What proof do you have of this?

Are you suggesting that although we have free will, life is just a puppet show. I mean, If we are going to agree to one thing that happens to us in our lives before we are 'incarnated', we have to agree to everything. Every moment in life leads to the next in an unbreakable chain... the butterfly effect. You can't just cherry pick certain events and suggest there's a pre- agreement.

Sounds more like new age, crystal gazing gobbledygook to me!

IRM

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JvanT
Does God want children to die? Certainly not.

Apparently he wants children to sign a pre agreement to die as a child before they are 'incarnated'. Or so a previous poster reckons.

Honestly, you guys are full of it!

IRM

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Further to this, we have just as sacred agreements with those who "hurt" us. The horrific things we see going on around us are really not horrific at all. They are some of the most intimate and profound relationships of all. This is why we must simply view these things non-judgmentally. We don't have the perspective on this side of the veil to assess the situation accurately. Learn to smile at these events because they are not what they seem.

We live in a world rife with fear presently. We don't have to do this. We can love instead of fear. We can change things by being the change we want to see. Create your world every single day, every moment of each day. Disallow fear if fear troubles you. It's not difficult. Sell your television. Cancel your newspaper subscription. Search only pleasant things online. Find your heart's desire and dive into that. Expand your sphere of interest. You don't need to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. Only you can change your focus.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What kind of sadistic and evil creatures are we if we agree to letting ourselves experience falling into a tub of hot grease, or exploding towns and villages just so we can experience what it is like to be dismembered or to be the one pulling the trigger.

No compassionate person would want to experience those things or cause somebody else to experience them just so we can be more fulfilled in our own understanding of the universe. That's just sick.

Guess I'd rather live for eternity like this an be unaware of my "true self" than live for eternity being aware of my "true self" knowing that I was a sick, inhuman monster that would do anything just for the high of experiencing something new.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

What proof do you have of this?

Are you suggesting that although we have free will, life is just a puppet show. I mean, If we are going to agree to one thing that happens to us in our lives before we are 'incarnated', we have to agree to everything. Every moment in life leads to the next in an unbreakable chain... the butterfly effect. You can't just cherry pick certain events and suggest there's a pre- agreement.

Sounds more like new age, crystal gazing gobbledygook to me!

IRM
You are right. Everything is connected. We are here for the experience. You got your answer but it seems that you are not ready to accept it.

Fix up your life and throw away your dramas in life. Then you can start thinking clearly.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I thought we were trying to deny ignorance, not dive into it? Pretending bad things aren't happening doesn't make them stop happening.

So if I see a person burning to death in a car crash, I should just sit there and watch, knowing it was prearranged and the person wanted to experience it? Or maybe I want to experience rescuing somebody from a burning car.

Wait, No, I want to experience burning alive in a car as well so I'm going to go join him...

What in the world convinced you guys that this kind of thought had any benefit to you or those around you?

I'm sorry...

I try to post on this site without offending people, and I know this post has been quite offensive. I'll be quiet now about your beliefs. I've blurted out my opinion long enough.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You are right. Everything is connected. We are here for the experience. You got your answer but it seems that you are not ready to accept it.

You ignored my question and gave me more gobbledygook.

Fix up your life and throw away your dramas in life. Then you can start thinking clearly.

That is both presumptuous and arrogant! You know nothing about me or my life. Clearly it is you who isn't thinking clearly!

IRM :shk:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

What kind of sadistic and evil creatures are we if we agree to letting ourselves experience falling into a tub of hot grease, or exploding towns and villages just so we can experience what it is like to be dismembered or to be the one pulling the trigger.

No compassionate person would want to experience those things or cause somebody else to experience them just so we can be more fulfilled in our own understanding of the universe. That's just sick.

Guess I'd rather live for eternity like this an be unaware of my "true self" than live for eternity being aware of my "true self" knowing that I was a sick, inhuman monster that would do anything just for the high of experiencing something new.

Because you are thinking that this is our reality. Have you played some virtual reality games in the computer? Are you really a bad person if you volunteered to be a thief in that reality?

You are a great being who volunteered for this experience. You will soon return to your old divine self. Everything in this life is an illusion. We created our own realities.

Everything will be explained to everyone once the Galactics will finally be able to have an open contact with us. You do believe that there are intelligent beings in the universe aside from us, don't you? They are just observing us for now but once there will be an official disclosure of their presence, they can finally show themselves to us. Good times is coming once they are here. Don't believe too much in the fear mongering that the illuminati is spreading.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join