It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually Know Why They Hate on Israel?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
11 Jan 2009

"There is no use of white phosphorus," a Israeli spokeswoman said. "Everything we use is according to international law."

The Times reports tell-tale smoke above Gaza. An Israeli military official says:

"We categorically deny the use of white phosphorus."

January 15, 2009
UN headquarters in Gaza hit by Israeli 'white phosphorus' shells.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Ban Ki Moon, the UN Secretary-General said that Ehud Barak, the Israeli Defence Minister, had told him that it was "a grave mistake".

This comes after the red cross accusations of war crimes against Israel...

24 Jan 2009
Israel admits using white phosphorous in attacks on Gaza

"Yes, phosphorus was used... but not in any illegal manner" : Yigal Palmor, Foreign Ministry Spokesman.

Monday, 1 February 2010
Israel has revealed it has disciplined two senior army officers for 'repeated use' of white phosphorus shells during an offensive in Gaza.

So....

1) "We categorically deny the use of white phosphorus."

2) UN headquarters in Gaza hit by Israeli 'white phosphorus' shells.

3) "Yes, phosphorus was used... but not in any illegal manner" : Yigal Palmor. (so number 1 was a LIE).

4) Israel has revealed it has disciplined two senior army officers... (the public relations exercise).

Either they were lies or they do not have control of their armed forces.
Which is it?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Pentothal]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

replying to the OP post.

its quite simple...

ATS flys under the banner " deny ignorance" , and to be honest, to think and comment on how isreals keeping a country prisoner and killing innocent people is right, you really have to be quite ignorant to the world!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
You would defend terrorists?
Terrorism

Extract:

ter•ror•ism (tr-rzm)
n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

^^ um looks like Israel fits the bill, or will you deny this? We 'Israel haters'
Have plenty of legit reasons to detest the state. Let’s also make it clear that we in no way brandish all Jews or Israelis complicit in this.

Good Jews - www.jewsagainsttheoccupation.org...

Seems that real Jews are decent people, no?

Your thread is another inflammatory provocation. All this is self serving propaganda on your part OP and YOU are one amongst several others posting irrelevant and see through rubbish defending the indefensible. You are a Hypocrite, citing perfectly reasonable and relevant threads as hateful, all the time trying to undermine legitimate discussions on an important subject.

Also:

Doc Velocity would you like us to believe God gave/promised Israel to these psychopaths who are running the government? Doc mate, when was God proven to exist let alone become an international legal authority? can you provide us with the 2000+ year old contracts with his signature, backing up your statement? I'm all for people having faith my friend but come on man - we are here to deny Ignorance not promote it!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by DomhainGràdh]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
When Conclusion said what he said about having the power to wipe out all the people around Israel...

As I have posted the Isreali Nuclear weapons program, now proven by MANY SOURCES, while not being a signatory to the NNPT, makes all the US donated money that is paying for this "power" illegally gotten gains.

If your enemy smiting god is so powerful why is it the US protecting you?

To be caught in proven hateful lie after lie regarding Iran, and Israel's other neigbours...like the attempt to blame the USS LIBERTY on Egypt,
or using the comments the president of Iran never did say regarding Isreal. to justify calling for the torture and slaughter of all of them...

People don't like being conned out of trillions while there own people live in tent cities. They don't like being conned into sending thier children into battle to die for a swindler...

To say the US broke laws as gncnew has said while Isreal is innocently hiding the truth while collecting the money...is at the least disengenuious.

The answers to the OP's question are surfacing in the defenders of Israels' own words.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I do not hate anybody, but I do hate oppressors and occupying governments. Lets look at one christian Palestinian family and what they have had stolen from them!

Sansour Building: A palestinian christians property

Another Sansour property

They are not religious finatics, nor are they terrosists!

This is just one family in this place. Now times this by the amount of people living in this region, and then justify your comments.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Why do you not just answer the question instead of , as you say, deflecting the issues.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DomhainGràdh

Hommie - I'm not defending Israel. I'm simply saying that the level of hate directed at them is illogical at best and sinister at worst. There seems to be complete lack of effort by most of the haters on here to actually inform themselves of the situation.

The Palestinian refugees are not simple women and children who would other wise be peacefully farming. This entire saga go back almost a century now and until the last quarter of it the Arab nations and the Palestinians have been the aggressors.

This isn't about right/wrong to me - it's exactly what ATS stands for:
"Deny Ignorance".

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by gncnew

Nooooo... not another propaganda thread by apologists with recent memberships. It would have been easier to include your opinion in any of the many other threads like this one.

Palestinians have a 30 year ongoing problem of religious fanatic organizations (in the U.S. and many other places they are called "Terrorists") attempting to find any way they can to kill Palestinians.

Those terrorists are called The State Of Israel. They are known to bomb people in other country's, create fake passports in order to further plans to kill people they do not like,etc, etc, ad nauseum.

The land that Israel occupies (also known as Palestine) is actually land that was used to build up forces and attack Israel in the 40's, 50's, and 60's.... and was formerly occupied by Palestinians for over 1.300 years before the British and Americans gave the land to the Israelites.

Did you know that most Prime Ministers and Presidents in Israel since David Ben Gurion have stated their intent to wipe out the Palestinians, to drive them into the sea? The facts as quotes are in the public domain for anyone wanting to search for them.

Stop apologising for what the State of Israel does in the world.

What the Palestinians do is to freedom fight with anything they can, just as you or I would if our homeland was taken off us and given to another race of people who did not hide the fact that they intend Genocide of your people.

For sure you are entitled to your opinion, but why not just join an already active thread instead of joining in with the other apologists to flood ATS with this one-eyed garbage designed to deflect people away from the real issues of the moment.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Tayesin]

Dude - if Israel just wanted to kill Palestinians, they'd all be dead by now. That's a foolish statement and terribly misleading.

What on earth makes you think that's all they want to do? No - seriously. When Israel responds to rock throwers with rubber bullets and tear gas... your statement is immediately disqualified.

Look at Darfur - that's what happens when one group just want's to kill as many as possible.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
To the OP... I know why I hate Israel! I know why many people hate Israel and find much of the hate justifiable. But to go into any detail in what is obviously a troll thread would be pointless and an utter waste of time. But thanks for posing the question!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by gncnew

Nooooo... not another propaganda thread by apologists with recent memberships. It would have been easier to include your opinion in any of the many other threads like this one.

Palestinians have a 30 year ongoing problem of religious fanatic organizations (in the U.S. and many other places they are called "Terrorists") attempting to find any way they can to kill Palestinians.

Those terrorists are called The State Of Israel. They are known to bomb people in other country's, create fake passports in order to further plans to kill people they do not like,etc, etc, ad nauseum.

The land that Israel occupies (also known as Palestine) is actually land that was used to build up forces and attack Israel in the 40's, 50's, and 60's.... and was formerly occupied by Palestinians for over 1.300 years before the British and Americans gave the land to the Israelites.

Did you know that most Prime Ministers and Presidents in Israel since David Ben Gurion have stated their intent to wipe out the Palestinians, to drive them into the sea? The facts as quotes are in the public domain for anyone wanting to search for them.

Stop apologising for what the State of Israel does in the world.

What the Palestinians do is to freedom fight with anything they can, just as you or I would if our homeland was taken off us and given to another race of people who did not hide the fact that they intend Genocide of your people.

For sure you are entitled to your opinion, but why not just join an already active thread instead of joining in with the other apologists to flood ATS with this one-eyed garbage designed to deflect people away from the real issues of the moment.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Tayesin]

Dude - if Israel just wanted to kill Palestinians, they'd all be dead by now. That's a foolish statement and terribly misleading.

What on earth makes you think that's all they want to do? No - seriously. When Israel responds to rock throwers with rubber bullets and tear gas... your statement is immediately disqualified.

Look at Darfur - that's what happens when one group just want's to kill as many as possible.

Really? and how do you think they would get away with eradicating a whole race of people. Dont think they would do that anyway, but if they really just could have gotten rid of them they already would! But the point is they cant with a clear conscience!

Oh and the world would not let them!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by blah2200]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

Actually my question is pretty much just about the posters here. I find that in my daily life there is little to no conversation about this other than a passing remark.

I've made up my opinion on the issue but that opinion does not block me from understanding or empathizing with the other side.

If my opinion were pro-Israel:
-I still understand that for thousands of years the Muslims have occupied those lands and often united in common defense of them. I also understand that the people who live in Palestine have no ability to fight on the open battle field against Israel's standing army. This is why they resort to terrorist acts and guerrilla warfare. In fact it is not unlike the early U.S. revolutionist forces. They simply want the right to exist of their own accord and government without the blight of the invading Jews on their ancestral lands.

If my opinion were pro-Palestine:
Israel was unjustly attacked early in their migration back to Jerusalem and often persecuted throughout the world. They can ill-afford hostile neighbors to build up forces or use the world stage of politics against them. They recognize that this land was theirs historically before the Muslims took it over but those days are gone and now they must fight for the right to exist. History has taught them that trusting the "world community" to keep them safe is a grave mistake that costs blood.

-------------------------------------------

This is to say that I'm not biased either way. I'm biased against ignorant and ill-informed emotional responses that simply pick a side and then spew vitriol.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

So let me understand this.
A religion, is a race?
With all due respect Doc I dont buy it, I never have and I never will.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
How come to every valid point
the answer is hate speech hate speech hate speech hate speech?
why not a valid answer for once...just once?

and when your position proves untenable
the Israeli defenders start yet a new thread
labeling valid commentary as
hate speech hate speech hate speech.

For months all we heard was how the president of Iran hated Israel the proof turned out to be something he never even said.

It is bocoming quit obvious to every sensible calm unemotional commentator who the haters really are.

so sad for you.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

But that's exactly what most of the comments about Israel's "illegal" actions are - ignorant. People who've never looked into the "why" of Israel's actions.

They simply knee jerk respond to what they see, look for some biased resource to back it up - and then justifiable anger.

To be informed of a situation you must look at both sides. And in almost all cases - when this is done - a sane person cannot logically conclude that any one side is simple evil and wrong.

The most tragic mistake we can make is to judge people who are acting under circumstance we ourselves have never been in.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

How come to every valid point
the answer is hate speech hate speech hate speech hate speech?
why not a valid answer for once...just once?

and when your position proves untenable
the Israeli defenders start yet a new thread
labeling valid commentary as
hate speech hate speech hate speech.

For months all we heard was how the president of Iran hated Israel the proof turned out to be something he never even said.

It is bocoming quit obvious to every sensible calm unemotional commentator who the haters really are.

so sad for you.

You hit on something, and that is the word POSITION,
that is where most trouble comes from,
people cling to position and abandon NEED.

Once needs are addressed, and respected, and there's someone with balls and brains enough to lead without becoming corrupted, things will change.
BUT the current management style shared by so many "whirled leaders" hasnt run its course yet, there hasnt been enough failure and blood shed to admit the combined "positions" dont work.
Address needs first and most negotiations (and thats' what sharing this planet is) become successful.

and I'd like to add, sometimes, you just have to whoop someones ass when theyre really out of control.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Hi, Could you please point to your sources that show the British killing Jews from the late 1920's to keep the immigration levels at an "agreeable level"..

Thanks

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by gncnew

Hi, Could you please point to your sources that show the British killing Jews from the late 1920's to keep the immigration levels at an "agreeable level"..

Thanks

Sure. But I will admit I had the decade wrong - it was in the 40's.

Over 100,000 people attempted to illegally enter Palestine. There were 142 voyages by 120 ships. Over half were stopped by the British patrols. Most of the intercepted immigrants were sent to internment camps in Cyprus: (Karaolos near Famagusta, Nicosia, Dhekelia, and Xylotumbou). Some were sent to the Atlit detention camp in Palestine, and some to Mauritius. The British held as many as 50,000 people in these camps (see Jews in British camps on Cyprus). Over 1,600 drowned at sea. Only a few thousand actually entered Palestine. The pivotal event in the Ha'apala program was the incident of the SS Exodus in 1947. The Exodus was intercepted, attacked, and boarded by the British patrol. Despite significant resistance from its passengers, Exodus was forcibly returned to Europe. Its passengers were eventually sent back to Germany. This was publicized, to the great embarrassment of the British government. A particularly "brilliant" account of Aliyah Bet is given by journalist I. F. Stone in his 1946 book Underground to Palestine, an first-person account of traveling with European displaced persons attempting to reach the Jewish homeland. [2]

Wikipedia

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Cite scriptural, historical, or archeological evidence where God chose Khazars as his "children". You can't? That's what humbly thought. If a bunch of dirty Khazars killed your children, I hope you lie down and do nothing, after all, they are the "children of God". Pathetic and ridiculous.

Those Khazar's were a super power and they converted to Judaism,
that means they became a small part of the Jewish people.

Why do you call them dirty?..or is that a hate thing?...

[edit on 3/6/2010 by jean59]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I wouldnt say I hate Israel. As a people, there are not many tougher or more resilient. And when they commit to doing something (like taking out a bad guy) they get it done. They ask for forgiveness, not permission.

My problem is how we, the U.S, treat them. They are not our friend and we shouldnt think for a second that they are our friend. They take far more from the U.S. than they give. It is not a two way street. Look how many spies we have found in the last few years who were working for Israel (Pollard and Hanssen come to mind). In the annual "Foreign Economic Collection and Industrial Espionage Report produced by the FBI, Israel is listed as our second biggest counter-intelligence threat only behind China. Friend? Ally? Really? Then there is the hair-trigger response that anyone who does question them and their integrity is immediately labeled.

I feel the relationship bears some examining and maybe some changes made.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Basically the problem is the left has been taking their talking points from the anti-semantics in the Obama administration, thus they are anti-Israeli and pro-moslem, even though the Islamics would like nothing better than to elimiante all of the left as soon as they establish their worldwide caliphate, so the left is committing suicide due to bad information.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join