It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually Know Why They Hate on Israel?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

I don't think ancestry matters for much, period. The land doesn't inherently 'belong' to either group.

Yes, the Palestinians got a very bad deal. The problem is, the state of Israel was created almost a lifetime ago now. Most Israeli citizens have lived their entire lives on that soil. As the saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. I don't see any justifiable basis for evicting them from the land at this point, either.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas1611

Add my name also in the list among the people who dont approve of Israel policies, hate Israeli Govt. and policies.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor
reply to post by gncnew

Seriously? Genocide is not at all brought up here? NO mention of genocide? Did everyone take a dumb pill this morning? I cant believe this stuff is even being debated

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Ciphor]

I brought up genocide =(

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted by Dallas1611 I think we should make a thread with all the members here on ATS who clearly hate Israel without knowledge or an excuse. Lets bring there anti-semitic views to light so everyone else here on ATS can know who they are and will look at them in a different light...a Hitler/Islamic jihad sympathizing view. I'll start, ATS members who hate Jews: Good Intentions inforeal captaintyinknots Breifne RizeorDie Edrick virgom129 LieBuster InSoul (one of the bigger fools) Kaploink brainwrek Yissachar1 (Rev 3:9) hawaiinguy12 (in the end, ZIONISTS will rule the earth) kozmo Prove_It_NOW (Hitler) Ciphor Add more as they come in, but here are the worst of the bunch. Shame them, ignore them, and pray for them, cause they have a sad and fiery future closing in on them.

Isn't that funny?
Because a sad future is closing in on them...
You can add me to your LIST...And I guess next you will requires me to bring some sort of online profile so you guys can ID all of his "Anti Semites" even though, most of us dont have a probelm with Semitism. "Yissachar1 (Rev 3:9)" ???? That guy is an anti Semite? yeah right.
Clearly you have no idea what your talking about.
Stop labeling the people who reject the state of Israel as Jew Haters or Anti Semites, your making your self look foolish.
As for my self, I have no problem with Jews. Real Jews. People who actually follow the 10 commandments.
But these people running Israel, yes I hate them!!!!
I absolutely hate them because everyday I think about how arrogant a tiny country like Israel is.
Come on what is Israel really going to do?
Like really?
They threaten war, yeah right!!!!!
What people need to understand is Israel is TINY.
What are they going to do?
NUKE SOMEONE?
They'd be gone with in seconds.
It doenst take long to fly over Israel in Russian fighter jets.
And trust me, if they let one off...THEY WOULD BE GONE!!!

I have an (African) Muslim friend at work, and we speak about issues all the time. You know, he has never once stated that he hates Jews or has a problem with them. We have spoke about this issue, and you know what all he can say?
"It's so sad, because it won't stop and no one will stop them"
That's it. No pleas of justification, no hidden hatred.
Just his transparent sadness around this issue.
And don't assume all the Palestinians are all radicals.
You cant help but wonder...
How Hitler made such an extreme attempt to get rid of these people, and yet 60 years later, the same people he tried to destroy have been given so much.
Oh wait that's right, because he only killed Jews...
Do we not remember hearing, No blue eyes. No blonde hair.
NOT WORTH LIVING.
It wasn't a genocide on the Jews.
And im not a holocaust denier.
You dont think he enslaved and killed black people?

IT WAS LARGE SCALE MURDER ON MILLIONS OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
Not just a movement on the Jews.
If only hitler knew the re precautions of his actions.
Now because of him, in some ridiculous twilight zone world, the people he had tried to destroy are now being catered on golden plates.
Maybe someone knew exactly what they were doing?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

Originally posted by Danbones
Maybe since Isreal has been found to be in posessin of nuclear weapons and has been selling them around the world...while illegally recieving trillions in aid from the US because they haven't signed the nuclear non proliferation treaty,
Whoa!, sauce (sic) for this?

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Also, you might read, The Unspoken Alliance: Israel's Secret Alliance with Apartheid South Africa” by Sasha Polakow-Suransky

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have been lurking on this sight on and off for a while now. I think Israel is guilty of genocide, hegemony and human rights abuseses. One could say the same thing for just about any other nation.

I wanted to ask members here: What is a jew? I don't believe it's genetic because after 4000 yrs I figure there has to be a little bit of Jacob in just about everyone. I don't think it is religion because I know people who are jews and also athiests. I don't think it's culture because if not for their little star of david I couldn't tell a jew from anyone else; jewish middle class seems just like gentile middle class here in america. What is a jew?

I leave with this well known quote from the Immortal Bard:

"

"...else, it will feede my reuenge; he hath disgrac'd me, and

hindred me halfe a million, laught at my losses, mockt at

my gaines, scorned my Nation, thwarted my bargaines,

cooled my friends, heated mine enemies, and what's the

reason? I am a Iewe: Hath not a Iew eyes? hath not a

Iew hands, organs, dementions, sences, affections, passi­

ons, fed with the same foode, hurt with the same wea­

pons, subiect to the same diseases, healed by the same

meanes, warmed and cooled by the same Winter and

Sommer as a Christian is: if you pricke vs doe we not

bleede? if you tickle vs, doe we not laugh? if you poison

vs doe we not die? and if you wrong vs shall we not re­

uenge? if we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you

in that. If a Iew wrong a Christian, what is his humility,

reuenge? If a Christian wrong a Iew, what should his suf­

ferance be by Christian example, why reuenge? The vil­

lanie you teach me I will execute, and it shall goe hard

¶but I will better the instruction."

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
"They" hate on Israel because they blame Jewish banking system for all the world's problems from the fall of Rome to the BP oil spill. Not sure if they are right but you asked why they hate on Israel and that is my opinion of why anti-semitism exists.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
People hate other people, period - but they are normally prevented from voicing that hatred because the powers that be, whether it be in this forum or in the MSM, prevent them from doing so. Can you imagine how much anti-black racism we would see if it weren't censored?

So there's your answer, anti-Jewish bigotry is so prolific because it is tolerated and allowed to fester like a gangrenous wound.

Although I must say that I would like to treat those affected with something other than penicillin.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
I'm serious. Israel has a 30 year ongoing problem of religious fanatic organizations (in the U.S. we call them "Terrorists") attempting to find any way they can to kill Jews.

Palestine has a 70 year ongoing problem of religious fanatic organizations (in the U.S. we call them "Terrorists") attempting to find any way they can to kill anyone who isn't a Jew.

The land that Israel occupies (also known as Palestine) is actually land that was used to build up forces and attack Israel in the 40's, 50's, and 60's.

The land that Israel occupies (also known as Palestine) is actually land that was inhabited by Palestinians for the past 2,000 years - before outsiders moved in and took over their land , imposed new laws and instigated a form of apartheid on the native populations.

Need I go on?

How would Americans feel if the Jews had claimed Illinois was their promised land and had instigated a Jewish State in Illinois, usurping all rights of both native Americans and more recent European inhabitants of the State?

How would Americans feel if the Confuscians had claimed Illinois was their promised land and had instigated a Confuscian State in Illinois, usurping all rights of both native Americans and more recent European inhabitants of the State?

How would Americans feel if the Hindus claimed Illinois was their promised land and had instigated a Hindu State in Illinois, usurping all rights of both native Americans and more recent European inhabitants of the State?

I accept that what happened happened and that Israel exists. But if they want to be friends with their neighbours maybe they should show some sign of friendship and not treat anyone who doesn't accord to their particulaur religious creed with such distain? Yes, some don't like the, So show them they're mistaken and that Israel can help it's neighbours!

I believe Jesus would have said live and let live. I think that's the reason some Jews ignore his teachings. They think they are God's chosen people and cannot accept that they have to act the same as the rest of us (who they look down upon). They still think they are a bunch of iron age herders.

Thankfully, many Jews are not like that. Just as most Muslims and Christians do not hate Jews and simply want to live peacefully alongside them with none imposing their values on others.

I find it ironic (not in a nice way) that Israel today is very similar to Germany in the 1930s or Russian in the 1960s. They beieve they are better, the master race, and look to secure their borders against any who dare think otherwise.

Of course, if they really are God's chosen people then they have ever right to their actions and I expect Jahweh to strike me with lightning tonight!

I should emphasis I have no more problems or dislike of Jews than I have of Christians, Hindus, Pagans or Jedi Knights. It's the country - specifically its government and its policies - I have problems with. Just as I have problems with the government and policies of the Burmese government but have regard and respect for the Burmese people.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Dude, its like you took a more classy approach on my post lol.
my disgust for this topic floods my mind with anger..
So much that I become over whelm by the non sense people spew defending this country.
I just watched a video of an Israeli spokesmen talking to a reporter.
He would not answer the questions thoroughly.
And usually respond by asking a question and derailing the original questions.
Eat it up

[edit on 3-6-2010 by tribaltrip]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by tribaltrip]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Another Israel is the victim thread, its really gotten to the point that this whining has to stop. You own all the media and have tremendous wealth, you use this to spread lies about your handling of Gaza and all the other nasty things you continue to do in the world...

The world is quickly running out of sympathy because of all your lying ways...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted ny ccsct203 There is a process for transferring supplies to Gaza this not about food and supplies if it was then they would follow the correct route. As far as nukes go, who have they been selling them to? Where is the proof? Links? I thought that Israel was denying they had nuke??? Lets all come to the understanding that the world would be a better place with more nations like Israel and less like Iran

you are suggesting that a spiritually primitive government of israel that kills and maims as a way of life, wages war by way of deception, and slaughters their benefactors, be held up as a paragon of virtue. thats an insult to the real jew.

if that is your perspective then pardon me whilst i vomit.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

If your enemy smiting god is so powerful why is it the US protecting you?

Think. Think harder.

The defenders of Israel are a manifestation of God protecting His Chosen People. What, you think God comes riding down out of the sky on a winged horse or something to smite Israel's enemies? Get real.

Simple. Those who "hate on" Israel are agents of Satan. Those who defend Israel are agents of God. Try to keep it straight.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

If your enemy smiting god is so powerful why is it the US protecting you?

Think. Think harder.

The defenders of Israel are a manifestation of God protecting His Chosen People. What, you think God comes riding down out of the sky on a winged horse or something to smite Israel's enemies? Get real.

Simple. Those who "hate on" Israel are agents of Satan. Those who defend Israel are agents of God. Try to keep it straight.

— Doc Velocity

Hiya Doc,

That rhetoric is only supported by Belief. When one does not attach to that same Belief, then the argument as offered is Void... it has no weight to it.

Why would an omnipotent God choose one small race of people as being His Chosen Ones from all of this universe? That makes no sense whatsoever mate.

I mean, if a being called God does exist that is separate from the aware-energy of this universe, then surely it would not play favourites amongst all of its creations?

Surely this local mountain God of the Hebrew is not the same one Jesus spoke about. The mountain God is vindictive, hate-filled, egotistical, bloodthirsty and a bit of an all round bully with attitude. While the god Jesus spoke about is a Loving, Considerate, Kind and generous God.

Which makes me ask, are their two different Gods on the Bible?

I know the Bible makes out the Hebrew are the chosen race, but we only have the hebrew Belief to go on for this, so we are only seeing a limited view from the much larger picture reality that abounds.

Can we all at least provide some definition for what HATE is in this context please?

Much of what I've seen so far is people offering their opinions based on the information that they are open to.. in which case none of that can be defined as HATE.

Yes there have been the odd few who call for war.. but as adults we can all understand that this is a reactionary behaviour that will calm as time goes by and people get a clearer understanding of the overall picture.

For me, I am a Humanitarian. Although not a christian I live by the same actions as Jesus in that I offer Love to all the people I meet and know. And yet I have been added to the list of HATERS simply because I disagree with the Apologists on these very many threads that have been brought about to alter the plebs perceptions on the events of last week.

So that action tells me that the Hatred as it is being called is actually very often one-sided from the Apologists who are taking every criticism as a personal attack on their Beliefs and Country of favour.

And yet I can separate the State from the People. I see the people of Israel as human beings, the same as you and I, for which I can love them as equals. And yet I do see some of the actions of the State as being far too much over the top on the world stage.

That I point this out is not saying I am anti-semitic. Man, I point it out when it is the U.S. at fault, when it is my homeland at fault, without ever lowering myself into HATRED.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Tayesin]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DomhainGràdh

This isn't about right or wrong? Please tell us what it is about.

Could it be an age old conflict that is so one sided, accepted by western society and for no legitimate reason?
Maybe an occupation of a land stolen from its rightful owners then brutally oppresses them through copious use of force?

Israel is out of control and they are not being punished like many other similar culprits.

No one is denying that the Palestinians are firing rockets, yet they are not the ones committing a second apartheid and large scale atrocities on a regular basis.

We accept invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan yet for the same crimes Israel is forgiven and even praised. Why do they get away with it when so many others are persecuted for the same crimes?

That my friend is my problem - double standards.

Deny ignorance indeed.

If you want to play the "stealing land issue" then I guess we need to go find the Moabites and the Ammorites then because the Israelis originally took the land from them, then the Romans took it from the Israelis, then the Arabs took it from the Romans, then the Europeans took it from the Arabs, and finally the Israelis bought it from the Arabs - until the Arabs attacked them and they took some land in the war ... the Arabs started.

FYI: Israel is one of the more diverse Muslim/Jew countries in the world. Thousands of Muslims and Jews live peacefully together. What is going on there is NOT apartheid. The Palestinians are a people who live in land that was taken during a war of their own making. They made war with Israel - lost - and now are occupied by the very nation they attacked.

If you are so concerned about Right and Wrong... tell me exactly how much outrage you've shown here or ANYWHERE else for Iran's killing for Democratic protesters? How about for Darfur? Where have you gone bat-crazy angry over China's "one kid only" policy? How about N. Korea's sinking of the S. Korea ship?

Hell - how about the homeless veteran living under the bridge you dive over every day?

Now - this is not about "justice" or "right and wrong". This is all about pomp and pageantry surrounding pop-culture politics. THAT is the problem here.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymoux

Originally posted by gncnew
Dude - if Israel just wanted to kill Palestinians, they'd all be dead by now. That's a foolish statement and terribly misleading.

Similarlt if Hitler wanted to kill all Jews there would be no Jews now. Ermm doesn;t that mean Holocaust is a big scam...which is which then?

Umm - he was trying. That pesky little "Allies win the war" thing got in the way. And even more - WHAT?!?!?! Hitler ran concentration camps where he gassed people (not just Jews by the way).

That's like comparing apples and hand grenades.

Oh, and he had to invade three countries to round them all up.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by gncnew]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by Just Wondering

Maybe since Isreal has been found to be in posessin of nuclear weapons and has been selling them around the world...while illegally recieving trillions in aid from the US because they haven't signed the nuclear non proliferation treaty,
Whoa!, sauce (sic) for this?

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Also, you might read, The Unspoken Alliance: Israel's Secret Alliance with Apartheid South Africa” by Sasha Polakow-Suransky

Remember when Dan Rather had those documents about Bush's skipping out of his Vietnam service... hmmm. I get a little skeptical when a tabloid news agency has "breaking" stories that never quite get picked up by anyone else.

Obviously you don't though - so cheers!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
And just saw this little gem:

Again - remember that there is perspective here that you should take into consideration before demanding "justice".

Credit to this post for finding it:
"Peace Activists" Singing Khaybar

For those not familiar with Khaybar, it was the last Jewish village that was beaten by the army of Muhammad in 628 AD and ushered in the end of Jewish settlements in Arabia.

So it's food and medicine.. oh - and Mohamed's army?

[edit on 4-6-2010 by gncnew]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

OK: thenks for the chilled response, I will do the same.

Regardless of whether the Arabs started the war or not, you rightly state that Israel is 'occupying' there land. This statement backs up the fact that Israel are the occupational force in them there lands. The two parties need to find a better solution to this problem.

Israel may be a diverse land, yet they show very little self control when it comes to dealing with the Palestinians. The actions of Israel are unjust and way over the top. There are better ways.

Your statement regarding Iran, China and the likes of North Korea are hypocritical. The tone in which you state these other atrocities is one of condemnation, yet why not Israel?. I can not, will not and have not justified the actions of the aforementioned states and if you like can point me in the direction of threads covering those subjects, should it appease you.
You bring up the homeless veterans. These are people who have paid the unfortunate price, they have been put in that position by the people they fought to to protect. That is also despicable!

However we are talking about now, and it are Israeli actions that are of precedent here on ATS.

Israel has committed numerous crimes and my problem is the discrepancies in condemnation and action to stop and prevent more of the same from happening again. Israel has the power to resolve this peaceably, yet won't. This is not right.

edit - can't cook and write at the same time.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by DomhainGràdh]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DomhainGràdh

First - what was childish? I didn't degrate you or call names? Anyway-

The two parties need to find a better solution to this problem.

Ding Ding Ding! That's the whole point of the thread.

I AM angry about all the other issues I brought up. I asked - in this thread - If anyone actually knew why they were hating on Israel.

The response to that was overwhelmingly (with a few exceptions) because of the "oppression" and "atrocities" they've committed.

This leads me to the next logical question of "Why are you then not as angry about other atrocities or oppression?"

Maybe I'm just seriously missing all those N. Korean bashing posts here on ATS? Maybe I missed the outcry against Iran on ATS?

Or Maybe it's just not there. The fact that Israel can misstep in any fashion and illicit this kind of response but the world (and ATS as a microcosm of that) stays mute on so many other issues is just baffling. This again leads me to the entire premise of the OP.... do people even know why they hate on Israel or do they just follow the lead?

This thread - and my posts - are not about defending Israel. It's about pointing out the extremely disproportionate double standard that is applied to all things Israel.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join