It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually Know Why They Hate on Israel?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

If Texas was "appropriated" by the United Nations and given to the "Tuaregs" I would be upset.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
reply to post by DomhainGràdh

Hommie - I'm not defending Israel. I'm simply saying that the level of hate directed at them is illogical at best and sinister at worst. There seems to be complete lack of effort by most of the haters on here to actually inform themselves of the situation.

The Palestinian refugees are not simple women and children who would other wise be peacefully farming. This entire saga go back almost a century now and until the last quarter of it the Arab nations and the Palestinians have been the aggressors.

This isn't about right/wrong to me - it's exactly what ATS stands for:
"Deny Ignorance".

This isn't about right or wrong? Please tell us what it is about.

Could it be an age old conflict that is so one sided, accepted by western society and for no legitimate reason?
Maybe an occupation of a land stolen from its rightful owners then brutally oppresses them through copious use of force?

Israel is out of control and they are not being punished like many other similar culprits.

No one is denying that the Palestinians are firing rockets, yet they are not the ones committing a second apartheid and large scale atrocities on a regular basis.

We accept invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan yet for the same crimes Israel is forgiven and even praised. Why do they get away with it when so many others are persecuted for the same crimes?

That my friend is my problem - double standards.

Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Dude - if Israel just wanted to kill Palestinians, they'd all be dead by now. That's a foolish statement and terribly misleading.

Similarlt if Hitler wanted to kill all Jews there would be no Jews now. Ermm doesn;t that mean Holocaust is a big scam...which is which then?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Thanks for clarifying what you meant...

but can you honestly not see the political similarity between those ships in the late 40's and the ones of today, at least in the way both are being manipulated?

The way your portray the British as having a policy of killing Jews is the same one being thrown around today, and arouses the same levels of passion you are seeing on the site.

What would be being said of Britain if the internet existed in 1947?

But both the SS Exodus and the MV Mavi Marmara follow a similar forceful political agenda, where failure and capture is the winning formula..

But what I think needs asking is why Israel (knowing the impact of the SS Exodus) would place herself at such a disadvantage by following the same course of action as that of the British in the mid/late 1940's.

There is much much more to this response than meets the eye.

[edit on 3/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Maybe people are offended when Israel creates a terrorist org and then uses them to justify their actions such as attacking the flotilla, or refusing the aid from the flotilla.

Would that not make a person feel like they were being fed a platefull?

"Let us not forget that it was Israel, which in fact created Hamas. According to Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".

globalresearch.ca...

Maybe since Isreal has been found to be in possesin of nuclear weapons and has been selling them around the world...while illegally recieving trillions in aid from the US because they haven't signed the nuclear non proliferation treaty,

I mean wouldn't a body get ticked off If they found out they had been conned out of trillions while thier own country was falling apart...?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Danbones]

There is a process for transferring supplies to Gaza
this not about food and supplies if it was then they would follow the correct route.
As far as nukes go, who have they been selling them to?
Where is the proof?
Links?
I thought that Israel was denying they had nuke???
Lets all come to the understanding that the world would be a better place with more nations like Israel and less like Iran

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm not really sure.

Maybe it's the way that the State came into being after WWII; by taking away land that belonged to others. Maybe it's because of the way that they stockpile nuclear weapons, all the while denying that they exist. Maybe it's the way that they bully their neighbors around to bend to their will, ignoring any consequence of such actions.

I just don't know. It could be a number of reasons that I dislike the Israeli government. Most of which are the same reasons why I dislike my own government.

It has nothing to do with the color of skin or the choice of religion. Though, I know most people are disappointed in this fact and would argue against it till they're red in the face. No one should be judges by their faith or by their ethnicity ... but BY THEIR ACTIONS.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

They had them since 1975, when they actually decided to sell a nuclear warhead to the racist regime in 1975.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't forget OP that the European power backed a measure that created Israel out of Palestine.

How would you feel if the world got together and backed Mexico to reclaim the territory they lost during the Mexican-American war?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I'm a little late to this, but I agree with you. I don't approve of everything the Israelis do, in fact, I think they tend to be heavy handed, but at the same time, I don't necessarily blame them, either. They have a highly aggressive, proactive stance, but much of that is borne out of the fact that their neighbors have always been openly hostile to them and tried to destroy them a few times since the state of Israel was reconstituted after WW2. Their situation is far from ideal.

In my opinion, its just a bad situation, an unfortunate situation, and there's no clear cut right or wrong.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'm serious. Israel has a 30 year ongoing problem of religious fanatic organizations (in the U.S. we call them "Terrorists") attempting to find any way they can to kill Jews.

The land that Israel occupies (also known as Palestine) is actually land that was used to build up forces and attack Israel in the 40's, 50's, and 60's.

The "Palestinians" are actually just refugees left behind as the borders were pushed back. Israel very gracefully allowed them to stay where they were while the Arab nations refused to sign peace treaties and/or accept the refugees.

The people living in Israeli controlled Palestine don't want to move, but they are incapable of governing themselves in a law abiding and peaceful manner. The PLO was organized in 1964 specifically under the charter of wiping Israel off the face of the earth.

If you think Israel is oppressing the Palestinians - why not get mad at Egypt? Egypt, Jordan, and Syria refuse to allow these people to enter their countries and in fact man armed check points where they keep the Palestinians locked out.

Why the outcry of Israeli injustice when the Palestinian's Arab neighbors will do nothing to help them aside from arming them to fight the Israelis? Where is the real injustice?

Israel is surrounded on all sides by nations and peoples that do not want peace with them. The the only peace they can find is that found through superior fire power. The only time the PLO, Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Arab nations around them are NOT attacking Israel is when they are subdued by force.

Where is the outcry against Syria when they allow rockets to reign down on Tel Aviv? Where was the condemnation when Israel allowed the Palestinians to govern themselves and they elected the PLO - who promptly began terrorist attacks on Israel again?

Where is the outcry in the people on board "Aid Shipments" are carrying stun grenades, knives, clubs, and other weapons - sitting with Al Jazera reporters trying incite a day time incident for the world to see?

Why do you consistently decry Israel for any incident where they make headlines but then sit silent as they are attacked over and over and over?

They had good cause to worry that these "aid shipments" were being used as cover to get weapons in for Hamas and the PLO. Weapons that would only be used to attack Jews (not defend).

You cry out "It was illegal" because it was in international waters - would it have been ok then with you if they had boarded the ships as soon as they were in Israeli waters?

What is it exactly you would have them do differently? Seriously... And when you put your response - make sure you run it all the way through of what the reaction from their neighbors would be... plenty of historical precedent to reference of how their neighbors have reacted in the past.

how naive are you ? only 30 years of religious problems? try 2010 and the rest...............

my friend 60 years ago there was no problems as israel was occupied by palestinians it is only in modern times that they have risen after the us and uk after WW2 forced all the pelestinians out and allowed the jews back in to take rule

[edit on 3-6-2010 by gate13]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

In case no one else pointed this out, Palestinians are the REAL Hebrews and the Zionists don't want you to know that. Judaism is a religion NOT a race of people, that is Hebrew, and the Palestinians are the real deal. THEY have the right TO ALL the land which is Palestine.

The Zionists and Freemasons are the problem.
Agian, IS RA EL, the three bullcrap entities "believed" to be the holy trinity.

Edit to add; think this is BS, WHY, why would the "Israelis" be stealing organs from the dead bodies of Palestinians to transplant into Jews? If Palestinians are viewed as dogs, why would you want their organs for transplant? Magical powers maybe? Plausible? Palestinians are true Hebrew blood, and the Zionists want it.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by daddio]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Dude - if Israel just wanted to kill Palestinians, they'd all be dead by now. That's a foolish statement and terribly misleading.

What on earth makes you think that's all they want to do? No - seriously. When Israel responds to rock throwers with rubber bullets and tear gas... your statement is immediately disqualified.

Look at Darfur - that's what happens when one group just want's to kill as many as possible.

Misleading? Come on, if the Israeli Government wanted to kill them all now then the whole world would revolt against Israel. So, slow and steady is the chosen path it would seem, yes?

What on earth makes me think that?

Having read the evidence in threads here on ATS some time ago with the quotes mentioned, who said it, the dates said and in what context it was said.

Will that suffice?

Edit to ask... Wikipedia as a legitimate source?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Your whole post sickens me, and I mean that in the most polite way possible sir. How dare you imply that the Israelis are the victims. Surely there are a few people on the borders who must worry about the odd rocket but according to your train of thought they can just move, isn't that right? Judging by what you have said if they don't like it just deal with it and move. I am sitting here scratching my head wondering how you can justify your logic. I honestly think you are very biased in your opinion or you are purposely spreading propaganda. The title of your thread alone boggles my mind , "Does Anyone Actually Know Why They Hate on Israel?". Sorry but that deserves a LOL! I am sure that now I am an Anti Semite now. Sorry I am Jewish my friend, and have been well aware of Israeli policy world wide. This reminds me of that thread a couple days ago where ...www.abovetopsecret.com...: Undeniable Proof of Israeli Propaganda on Forums like ATS. These types of threads only prove the fact that certain members are clearly spreading hate and using twisted logic to justify barbaric actions. Why would anyone in their right mind refuse to accept that enough is enough and Israel is out of control, and have been since the establishment of their regime. Whether you are American...USS Liberty, Turkish...Israel ally but yet they preemptively attack a Turkish flag bearing ship in international water and attack the unarmed activists, European...get threatened by Israeli cabinet ministers with Nuclear action, ... List goes on these are just a few well known undeniable documented facts. I regret to say that most defenders of Israel must know deep down that they are wrong and must one day ask them selves how long can this go on for? I personally am too modest to lie to myself every day, and admitted my stubbornness a long time ago and shed the cloak of hatred and pride. It does not matter if you are Jew, Muslim, Christian, any other religion... evil is evil and no matter which way you disguise it, it is what it is. Knowing that certain types of people with certain frames of mind exist make it hard for me to remain spiritual and positive. I find it comical that we are here even discussing this. Well that is my rant for today , take care everyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Personally, I don't like to use the term "hate" and I believe that "distrust" would probably be a more apt description.

There are plenty of reasons to distrust Israel and one of the biggest ones is their undeclared nuclear weapons programs. Hypocrisy at it's best.

Another really good reason is their role in carrying out the "false flag operation" that we know as 9-11. Just like their "false flag" attack on the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967, killing 34 and wounding 171 Americans.

Harry Truman once said something to the effect of, "how many times do you have to be hit over the head before you turn around and see who is hitting you?"

Like I said, there are plenty of reasons to distrust Israel, way too many to list in a thread. I believe that Israel should be left to stand on it's own two feet without any support from the U.S..

Maybe a better thread title would be, "What the hell has Israel done for the U.S. lately that deserves our support?"

IMO, Israel truly is a "Snake In The Grass."

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
PEople hate Isreal for their horrendous track of crimes against humanity, specifically the Palestinians. Their ONLY claim to that land is purely "God says its ours." and for that they've constantly been harassed.

Palestinians are under protection from the 4th Geneva Convention, and Israel violates it in almost every way. BY MATTER OF LAW, what they are doing is wrong and illegal under international laws. They've been condemned by the rest of the world, minus countries like us, many times over for their horrendous crimes.

They're known to kill innocent civilians for #s and giggles, firing just outside the border at women and children. They've been stealing their land ever since they were recognized, pushing them further and further away. Other countries should not matter because THEY should not have to flee from THEIR land. So your childish argument of "But look at others!" doesn't hold up in two ways, one because Israel's list of crimes against them GREATLY exceed anyone else, and it is not other countries forcing Palestinians to move from their homes. They're systematically holding a GENOCIDE against these people, slowly letting them die of starvation and disease and not allowing aid to come in. Them faking their claims such as here: i.imgur.com... and here seminal.firedoglake.com...

In reality, while I don't condone such reckless use of force, what Hamas is doing can easily be declared self defense. But Israel's, and your, reactions essentially come down to sort of like this metaphor....

Person A (Israel) starts assaulting person B (Palestinians), punching them, kicking them, doing much bodily harm. Person be strongly tries to shove person A off. Person A shouts "THEY ATTACKED ME FIRST! SELF DEFENSE!" And proceed to whip out their gun and knife.

They're committing crimes against humanity, genocide (is the irony not lost on them?), and when they get an ounce of retaliation they send in the heavy artillery, which is generally killing a # ton of innocent civilians who didn't even have anything to do with it.

The boat did not have any weapons. It was filled with people like prime ministers, a holocaust survivor, and the like. There was even an Israeli member of parliament on board who says Israel fired BEFORE going on board....naturally, like my argument above, they fired live ammunition, got on board, got hit with freaking sticks, and screamed self defense www.aawsat.com... + www.timesonline.co.uk...

Your claims are full of lies and misinformation with a complete undermining tone of an entire genocide. # you, get your # straight.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The OP has to be kidding, right? "Israel is surrounded by neighbors who do not want to make peace with them".

They are an OCCUPYING FORCE. If someone arbitrarily decided that they were going to occupy your yard "because God told me that I the land really belongs to me", and then say that you were no longer allowed to live in your house because it infringed on their security, would you offer to make peace with them?

I'm definitely not anti Jew (I have many Jewish friends) but this Jewish occupation of land in the Middle East is an abomination. Israel has only been around since 1947 in modern times - the Arabs and Palestinians owned this land for centuries, only to have the British come along and say "we're going to put your arch enemy right in your midst" because centuries ago their ancestors owned some of this land.

It would be like the UN deciding that the Norwegians could move en masse into large parts of the UK just because the Vikings once held sway over the country 1,000 years ago.

To top this off, Israel has consistently shown itself to be a regime with no regard for international law or diplomatic niceties, is a state with a full blown Apartheid regime (which when South Africa did this was condemned internationally with worldwide sanctions but seems to be okay for Israel), they also refuse to sign the nuclear NPT or even admit that they have nuclear weapons (to which the world seems to conveniently turn a blind eye, even while condemning Iran for pursuing the same thing).

I could go on. Like I said, I have nothing against Jews, and while I don't "Hate" Israel, I have plenty of reasons not to support them.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by babybunnies]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ISRAEL IS A GEOPOLITICAL POINT FOR THE NEW WORLD ORDER MAGGOTS, THAT'S IT.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Seriously? Genocide is not at all brought up here? NO mention of genocide? Did everyone take a dumb pill this morning? I cant believe this stuff is even being debated

I don't CARE what happened in 1960whatever

I don't CARE who egypt denies crossing into THEIR country.

I don't CARE how bad other nations are.

Israel commits genocide. Horrible genocide.

baltimorechronicle.com...
img3.allvoices.com...
www.geenstijl.nl...

Egypt doesn't commit genocide

Syria doesn't commit genocide

Jordan doesn't commit genocide

Palestine aid "inciters" or whatever the # DON"T COMMIT GENOCIDE

Are you seeing a pattern?

People dislike israel for one pure and simple reason. THEY COMMIT GENOCIDE.

Citing what others do or don't do, does not defend israels actions. Even attempting to use another country or persons actions to justify genocide... Just wow man. You need to seriously re-think how you think.

Now I am mad. How can people be so stupid? I believe in liberty and freedom, but there are days when I believe an IQ test should be required before being allowed to speak in public forums. Some of you I promise (people like the person who started this thread) would DEFINITELY not pass the standard for an IQ test.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Ciphor]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Its REAL EASY to understand the hypocrisy from anyone who thinks that Israel belongs to the Jews and that they deserve the land, Specifically If your from the western world.
If they deserve it back then America and Canada should just give the land back to the Natives.
How would you feel?
It's not their land.
Its that simple.
If it was well, then they would have clearly not have lost it.
If they were really the chosen ones and the true rulers of the promise land, then they would not have lost it.
Standing up for Israel is completely irrational, especially concerning their actions as of recently.
Do we give the mongols half of Asia back?
it is completely IRRATIONAL

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join