It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually Know Why They Hate on Israel?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm serious. Israel has a 30 year ongoing problem of religious fanatic organizations (in the U.S. we call them "Terrorists") attempting to find any way they can to kill Jews.

The land that Israel occupies (also known as Palestine) is actually land that was used to build up forces and attack Israel in the 40's, 50's, and 60's.

The "Palestinians" are actually just refugees left behind as the borders were pushed back. Israel very gracefully allowed them to stay where they were while the Arab nations refused to sign peace treaties and/or accept the refugees.

The people living in Israeli controlled Palestine don't want to move, but they are incapable of governing themselves in a law abiding and peaceful manner. The PLO was organized in 1964 specifically under the charter of wiping Israel off the face of the earth.

If you think Israel is oppressing the Palestinians - why not get mad at Egypt? Egypt, Jordan, and Syria refuse to allow these people to enter their countries and in fact man armed check points where they keep the Palestinians locked out.

Why the outcry of Israeli injustice when the Palestinian's Arab neighbors will do nothing to help them aside from arming them to fight the Israelis? Where is the real injustice?

Israel is surrounded on all sides by nations and peoples that do not want peace with them. The the only peace they can find is that found through superior fire power. The only time the PLO, Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Arab nations around them are NOT attacking Israel is when they are subdued by force.

Where is the outcry against Syria when they allow rockets to reign down on Tel Aviv? Where was the condemnation when Israel allowed the Palestinians to govern themselves and they elected the PLO - who promptly began terrorist attacks on Israel again?

Where is the outcry in the people on board "Aid Shipments" are carrying stun grenades, knives, clubs, and other weapons - sitting with Al Jazera reporters trying incite a day time incident for the world to see?

Why do you consistently decry Israel for any incident where they make headlines but then sit silent as they are attacked over and over and over?

They had good cause to worry that these "aid shipments" were being used as cover to get weapons in for Hamas and the PLO. Weapons that would only be used to attack Jews (not defend).

You cry out "It was illegal" because it was in international waters - would it have been ok then with you if they had boarded the ships as soon as they were in Israeli waters?

What is it exactly you would have them do differently? Seriously... And when you put your response - make sure you run it all the way through of what the reaction from their neighbors would be... plenty of historical precedent to reference of how their neighbors have reacted in the past.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The thing is, I have noticed, that the SOP on here lately is that if someone speaks out against Israel they are met with responses of "well, why dont you hate palestine, or egypt, or syria...?"

Current events are not about those countries. They are about israel. The deflections do no good. They dont change the facts.

I could go on and on about why i dislike Israel. There is no point to it, however.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I never understood why so many Americans tend to side with the terrorists on this issue.
I look at it this way, in the 1800's we took over Texas from Mexico, what if Mexico was shooting scuds over the border from Mexico into Texas? blowing up people in El Paso, sending in suicide bombers into Houston...etc.
Would we be upset if Texas retaliated with swift military action?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The thing is, I have noticed, that the SOP on here lately is that if someone speaks out against Israel they are met with responses of "well, why dont you hate palestine, or egypt, or syria...?"

Current events are not about those countries. They are about israel. The deflections do no good. They dont change the facts.

I could go on and on about why i dislike Israel. There is no point to it, however.

While I see your point - you're actually making mine as well (if indirectly). When Israel is attacked there are no cries for "regime change" and "murderers" or any of the other rhetoric that always crops up when Israel is involved in an incident.

I'd have no issue with people who just generally had an issue with the level of violence and hate in that region and spoke out equally on all issues - but they don't.

Remember the last time rockets were falling over Tel Aviv? Finding the person crying out for Iran's overthrow or for Syria's toppling was a pretty daunting task - yet as soon as Israel crossed the border and took action... OH LORDY you could hear the howling and crying start.

I just don't get the instant reaction to all things Israel but the complete lack of reaction when the shoe is on the other foot

And more importantly - the complete lack of empathy or understanding in Israel's situation... exactly how many punches are they supposed to take?

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Maybe people are offended when Israel creates a terrorist org and then uses them to justify their actions such as attacking the flotilla, or refusing the aid from the flotilla.

Would that not make a person feel like they were being fed a platefull?

"Let us not forget that it was Israel, which in fact created Hamas. According to Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".

globalresearch.ca...

Maybe since Isreal has been found to be in possesin of nuclear weapons and has been selling them around the world...while illegally recieving trillions in aid from the US because they haven't signed the nuclear non proliferation treaty,

I mean wouldn't a body get ticked off If they found out they had been conned out of trillions while thier own country was falling apart...?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Maybe since Isreal has been found to be in posessin of nuclear weapons and has been selling them around the world...while illegally recieving trillions in aid from the US because they haven't signed the nuclear non proliferation treaty,
Whoa!, sauce for this?

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Siding with Palestine is not necessarily siding with "terrorists". Look, if someone showed up at my house, kicked me out and said it's now theirs, because some deity promised it to them, I'd be a little miffed to say the least. Hey, at least they set aside a a little corner of my back yard where I can camp out. Problem is, they won't let me come into the house to get food, or water, or my first aid kit. They won't even let someone else bring me their food, or water, or first aid kit. On top of that, they keep putting new additions on to the house, making my little corner of the yard smaller and smaller.

So yeah, if it took 30 years of throwing stones from my little corner, so be it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Maybe people are offended when Israel creates a terrorist org and then uses them to justify their actions such as attacking the flotilla, or refusing the aid from the flotilla.

Would that not make a person feel like they were being fed a platefull?

"Let us not forget that it was Israel, which in fact created Hamas. According to Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".

globalresearch.ca...

Maybe since Isreal has been found to be in posessin of nuclear weapons and has been selling them around the world...while illegally recieving trillions in aid from the US because they haven't signed the nuclear non proliferation treaty,

I mean wouldn't a body get ticked off If they found out they had been conned out of trillions while thie own country was falling apart...?

You seriously just made most of that up I think. Your link is a little suspect - here's the Wikipedia version though:

Hamas was created in 1987 by Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, Abdel Aziz al-Rantissi and Mohammad Taha of the Palestinian wing of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood at the beginning of the First Intifada, an uprising against Israeli rule in the Palestinian Territories. Hamas launched numerous suicide bombings against Israelis, the first in April 1993.[17] Hamas ceased the attacks in 2005, and renounced them in April 2006.[18] Hamas has also been responsible for attacking Israelis through rocket attacks since 2001, improvised explosive device attacks, and shootings, though it reduced those attacks in 2005 and 2006.

Israel is selling nukes? Really? To whom? Where's your reference on that? Illegally receiving U.S. funds... wow. So the United States decides of their own accord to give Israel money but you're angry with Israel for accepting it?

Again - you've got completely illegitimate claims to explain irrational anger and angst. Or do you share this same anger for every time Israel is attacked as well?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Wow, that analogy is so completely wrong it doesnt even make sense. You have completely failed to make a point.

link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

While I see your point - you're actually making mine as well (if indirectly). When Israel is attacked there are no cries for "regime change" and "murderers" or any of the other rhetoric that always crops up when Israel is involved in an incident.

I'd have no issue with people who just generally had an issue with the level of violence and hate in that region and spoke out equally on all issues - but they don't.

Remember the last time rockets were falling over Tel Aviv? Finding the person crying out for Iran's overthrow or for Syria's toppling was a pretty daunting task - yet as soon as Israel crossed the border and took action... OH LORDY you could hear the howling and crying start.

I just don't get the instant reaction to all things Israel but the complete lack of reaction when the shoe is on the other foot

And more importantly - the complete lack of empathy or understanding in Israel's situation... exactly how many punches are they supposed to take?

I understand your point, and do agree, somewhat.

However, there is an opposite side to that coin, as well. If other countries were performing as many covert operations in america as Israel is, we would have already declared war.

Any other state that uses the methods that Israel does is condemned as a terrorist organization.

White Phospherous, Gulf of Tonkin, civilian strikes....

Israel gets a pass on MANY things that other states would not.

This argument will certainly go round and round. There is no correct answer, only perception. But dont make the mistake of thinking that all of those that are not supporters of Israel havent done their research.

link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Siding with Palestine is not necessarily siding with "terrorists". Look, if someone showed up at my house, kicked me out and said it's now theirs, because some deity promised it to them, I'd be a little miffed to say the least. Hey, at least they set aside a a little corner of my back yard where I can camp out. Problem is, they won't let me come into the house to get food, or water, or my first aid kit. They won't even let someone else bring me their food, or water, or first aid kit. On top of that, they keep putting new additions on to the house, making my little corner of the yard smaller and smaller.

So yeah, if it took 30 years of throwing stones from my little corner, so be it.

Huh? Israel didn't show up and kick down the door. They immegrated back to the land in the 1920's until the Arabs and the British actually started killing them to keep the immegration levels at an "agreeable level".

Israel was just fine where they were until Egypt, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq attacked them - that's when Israel occupied the land the Palestinians live in now.

You should read history before you assume a nation's motives and actions.
Great Reference of the actual history - unbiased

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

"side with the terrorists"
wow. label much? the

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The point of my post was actually just that - the vast majority of Israel detractors (I hesitate to use the word "haters") are so tragically uninformed about ANYTHING in that region it's sad.

Obviously that goes on both sides of any issue - but this one seems to illicit more goobers out of the woodwork than any.

Israel is not perfect but I usually see a complete lack of empathy or even an attempt to understand where/why Israel did what they did.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
republicbroadcasting.org...
the State of Israel, who has refused to sign the NNPT and have illegally pursued a nuclear weapons program of their own. The 1976 Symington Amendment to the Foreign Appropriations Bill of 1961 forbids the United States from giving foreign aid to any nation that is developing nuclear technology outside the NNPT. Despite this, approximately 1/3 of the total foreign aid budget of the United States is annually sent to Israel even though they comprise less than .001 of the world’s population and has one of the world’s highest per capita incomes.

Thereare many sources for what I have just posted.

citing whisleblower Vanunnu
en.wikipedia.org...

here I am citing two Israelis...

So don't be so rude as to insult my integrity and not back your self up...
would that not be considered hatespeech?

from the UK guardian
www.guardian.co.uk...

link   

Originally posted by joechip

"side with the terrorists"
wow. label much? the

ROFL... now that's funny....

link   
I am not your average person.

I do not hate Israel per se.

I dislike all governments no matter who they are.

Governments foster corruption, theft, greed, power struggles; and to top it all off they will give you a parking ticket.

It's just unacceptable behavior.

All governments suck, just some suck a little more than others.

Hope that answers your question.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

most peopple dont know why they hate israel, i personally think its still just anti jewish racism. the surounding countries by israel do the same things they do if not worse! syria uses lebanon as a client state and a staging ground for a proxy war with israel, but no one cares about that, just arabs i guess. so basically its okay if a muslim nation commits an atrocity but its an international incident if israel does anything to ensure its own security. the west bank, gaza and lebanon are all staging grounds for anti israeli military action and the militants there use the civilian population as bullet shields while conducting their operations. no big deal i guess, its only an issue if israel does something!

why does no one care about the riots in iran that were violently put down, or 25000 people the curent ruler of syrias father murdered in a genocidal fasion. we only care about 9 people dead on a ship cause it was on israels hands. how ludacris!

the houses that israel bulldozes is an operation mimiced by all nations in the middle east, the only diffrence is arab nations bulldoze the houses with the people still inside!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

republicbroadcasting.org...
the State of Israel, who has refused to sign the NNPT and have illegally pursued a nuclear weapons program of their own. The 1976 Symington Amendment to the Foreign Appropriations Bill of 1961 forbids the United States from giving foreign aid to any nation that is developing nuclear technology outside the NNPT. Despite this, approximately 1/3 of the total foreign aid budget of the United States is annually sent to Israel even though they comprise less than .001 of the world’s population and has one of the world’s highest per capita incomes.

Thereare many sources for what I have just posted.

citing whisleblower Vanunnu
en.wikipedia.org...

here I am citing two Israelis...

So don't be so rude as to insult my integrity and not back your self up...
would that not be considered hatespeech?

enjoy your "goobers' I hope they taste nice.

I'm not being rude - you're making assumptions and inferring things in your "sources" that are not there.

And again - who are you made at? The U.S. or Israel? The U.S. is the one breaking the rules there - not Israel....

Kind of ridiculous...

If I read a story that Israel may attack Iran - that's a source that Israel is planning an attack.

If I read that same story but then throw in my own little bit about them using nukes... now I'm inferring.

Your second link talks about a guy who disclosed info about Israeli nukes... but not about selling them off.

link   

I'm serious. Israel has a 30 year ongoing problem of religious fanatic organizations (in the U.S. we call them "Terrorists") attempting to find any way they can to kill Jews.

The world (thankfully) do not consist of America, and here lies your answer of the question of your thread.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by deccal]

link   

You should read history before you assume a nation's motives and actions.
Great Reference of the actual history - unbiased

You cannot possibly claim this as an unbiased source. It is based in Israel, and is obviously pro-israel.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join