It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US the World's Village Idiot ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Since you hate everything American, please start by throwing away that Personal Computer your using, that was invented in The U.S. so I do not have to read such Garbage!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
From the rest of the world's viewpoint, everything bad comes from the US

AIDS

Financial Global Collapse

Global Warming Scam

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life

The big 'killer flu' drama

The tainted vaccines

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now

Gulf war

Iraq war

Afghan war

Drugs

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news'

There's more, but it gets depressing compiling the list

Is the US to blame for most of the rot destroying trust, harmony, peace of mind, worldwide ?

If not, why do people in other nations wrinkle their nose at the mention of the United States ?

And if it's true that the US is the world's village idiot ---- is it the US administration or Americans generally, who're to blame ?

1. Aids - Theres no PROOf that the US engineered Aids.

2. Financial Global Collapse - stemming from a banking system that was founded in europe. Or more importantly, through the British.

3. GW - So Britain hasnt had a hand in this at all?

4. Pollution- If I could direct your attention to this ATS thread and this website
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.mnn.com...
almost all of these places are outside of the US. you would be foolish to believe we are the only counry that pollutes. And you cant blame it on citizens. The worst pollution comes from corps.

5. The big 'killer flu' drama - many countries took part in this. to blame it wholly on the US is ignorant.

6. Vaccines - we only cured polio in 98% of the world.

7. Cheap and nasty movie and tv content - ever seen Japanese media?

8. 9/11 like stated prior to my post, many countries have their own terrorist attacks and have dealt with it accordingly.

9. Drugs- I do believe the BRITISH started the drug trade. Opium war anyone?

No I believe the only village idiot here is you!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
No..... that would be Canada

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I would say, more like the world's bully, akin to causing lot's of stife and chaos and fear (for no obvious, good reason) and still garnishing a respect from others.....only a respect that is fear based. Secretly, the rest of the class hates and despises the bully, but still puts up with him, ....as he is still a part of the class. He is ostensibly dirven by evil and for that can do no good. Even when he appears to do good, there lies a secret darkness behind his true motives. He is very intelligent usually (as the government of America is), yet, the intelligence is used for self-gratification and self-gain. If there is a failure to the bully`s plan, he will `burn his bridges` before he will let others have his spoil......even if it appears that it is a self-deprecating move (which to others would LOOK foolish). Unfortunately, everyone who has to live a life where there is a bully present, has to live a life of discomfort and dissention. Unfortunately, the classroom is the world itself and we have no exit from the room. This is the life of a bully, not a fool.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bagari
Are you serious?

AIDS AIDS started in Africa if I recall correctly.

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life Are you saying that this is a world first, because I can guarantee you that it isn't.

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content What countries have you been to? Because I promise you that the US does not have a monopoly on crappy movies and tv shows.

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now Pardon the US for being attacked. Other countries have had their own terrorism issues to deal with, and created their own security measures as a result.

Gulf war Iraq started the Gulf war when they attempted to invade Kuwait and claim its territory. The US and others went in to drive them back out.

Afghanistan war. Started as retaliation for the 9/11 attacks. A little tit for tat.

Iraq war. Started as a result of a mistaken belief that Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, a belief publicly held by many around the world, as well as Hussein's refusal to allow proper UN inspections of these weapons plants.

Drugs. That's weird, I thought that the majority of drugs were being smuggled INTO the US.

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news' Name just one country that doesn't have garbage and lies in their media.

You have a really skewed view of the world. Maybe it's time to back away from the conspiracy sites for a while until you've got some of your sense back.

Thanks.

I was about to write a reply like this.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
[edit on 30-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Lol guys, are you still feeding this troll? He's obviously jealous of the U.S.

Go back to /b/, kid.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What about the Vatican?

What about Germany and WWI/WWII?

What about Europe and the black plague/the Crusades?

What about Spain/Portugal and their genocide/enslaving of the Central/South American Conitnent?

What about China/Iran/N. Korea and the bucket-full of other countries who continue to commit grave human rights abuses?

What about Israel?

I could go on for pages and pages.

The U.S. Government is no Angel, and in fact is full of idioitic men and women who seem to love f#ing up the world. They are not the only government/entity to do so though. As long as ignorant and simple minded fools like the OP continue to blame individual countries for the world's problems they will just get worse. Governments in general do not serve the best interests of the people no matter where you live.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by InSoul

What makes any of you think that we can control what our government does to you when we can't even control what our government does to us? If we can't prevent them making decisions that we don't like for us why would you think we could prevent them making decisions globally that others don't like?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't know if this post has been done yet. Honestly, I'm not going to sift through 6 pages of some ignorant fools bashing by country to find out. I'm just going to point out the irony of somebody who knows nothing about the world they live in calling an entire country an "idiot."

AIDS - originated in Africa

Financial Global Collapse - initiated by European bankers controlling the U.S.

Global Warming Scam - The greenhouse effect was discovered by Joseph Fourier, a Frenchman, and the concept of global warming is believed by nearly all industrialized nations' governments.

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life - Caused by a company called British Petroleum in international waters. Where do you suppose a company called British Petroleum comes from?

The big 'killer flu' drama - Swine Flu was first discovered in Mexico. Bird Flu in Asia. Not sure what you're talking about. ;-)

The tainted vaccines - Once again, look to Europe. Maybe we should be calling Europe the village idiot.

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content - Compared to the government-created propaganda networks that most countries have, I'll take our movie and tv content any day. Take a look at Dollywood from India if you want to see cheap, by the way.

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now - Most of the hijackers were Saudis, not Americans, and the UK is far worse for security. Once again the idiot medal goes tooo... not the U.S.

Gulf war - Started when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, and was an internationally backed operation that ended with Iraq's retreat from Kuwait.

Iraq war - Our bad. But then again, nearly every country has invaded another country at some point.

Afghan war - This is impossible to discuss without addressing a million different conspiracy theories. Since the full truths of the Afghan war can only be guessed at by the likes of us, it's highly unfair to automatically lay the blame for this soley on the U.S.

Drugs - Contrary to your belief, the United States did not invent drugs. Drugs have been a part of human culture since the dawn of time. We did not invent the concept, and neither us nor any other nation will ever succeed in eliminating the use of drugs in human society.

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news' - Exactly like every other country on earth. What's your point?

There's more, but it gets depressing compiling the list - And I'm sure it would be tedious throwing it back in your face, line by line. I'm glad you had the foresight to keep it to yourself.

Is the US to blame for most of the rot destroying trust, harmony, peace of mind, worldwide ? - No. Mankind is. War existed thousands of years before the United States.

If not, why do people in other nations wrinkle their nose at the mention of the United States ? - When you hold 51% of the cards, you carry 99% of the blame. That's just how it rolls.

And if it's true that the US is the world's village idiot ---- is it the US administration or Americans generally, who're to blame ? - You've done a bad job of making your point, but if you had then I'd say it was the fault of corrupted government officials who've rigged the system so that their puppet masters in big business will always be the true rulers of the U.S.

Sorry, but you are not a winner. Please play again.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

AIDS

The official story on that, which most of the world accepts, is the whole green monkeys in Africa tale. The idea it was created in a lab is regarded as a wacky conspiracy theory.

Financial Global Collapse

This has yet to happen, so the jury is still out.

Global Warming Scam

The US wasn't alone in pushing that agenda. Many leaders and politicans from various places pitched in.

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life

Again, this is yet to be seen. Has yet to hit any other country hard, and you'll probably see some hate and finger pointing then. But for now, no.

The big 'killer flu' drama

China has always been more associated with creating deadly flu's than anywhere else. SARS, Bird Flu, etc. Beyond that, you've just got the WHO barking out doomsday scenarios, and many world leaders repeating them.

The tainted vaccines

Not sure what you mean here. The WHO is behind any efforts to get everyone to take them, and the vaccines themselves are produced in many countries.

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content

Oh yeah, you have that in spades.

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now

That's limited to the US and the places it's attacking.

Gulf war

Iraq war

Afghan war

Yeah, you guys like your wars. 'Stimulates the economy' and and all that.

Drugs

That's going on everywhere. But you guys might be the biggest buyers of the drugs other countries produce.

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news'

Not limited to the US, but it seems to be more extreme there. They have manipulating you down to a science, and can get away with much more.

Is the US to blame for most of the rot destroying trust, harmony, peace of mind, worldwide ?

Not at all. Just another flame in the fire.

If not, why do people in other nations wrinkle their nose at the mention of the United States ?

You've got a reputation for being loudmouthed arrogant jerks. If you'll pardon me for being so blunt. It's really not much more than that, though.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Risen]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Who gave it to the monkey? just thought I`d ask.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

....look up SIV (monkey version of HIV). Monkeys have had it for years and years and years. The real question is how it made the jump from monkeys to humans. Off topic though.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Great, I suggest you read again what you have just posted, unfortunately you do seem to typify the kind of american the rest of the world see, hence this debate.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
e pluribus enum

It seems to me The United States is one of the most international countries on earth, last time I checked.

While Europe's racism let genocide happen twice, America acted.

Those who attack America can expect the worst.

Africa's endless tribal wars, what are you going to do?

What about the evironmental disaster that is China?

What about the over populating of South America and environmental destruction?

What about the mostly drunk Ireland and England?

The US implemented enforcement of International law in Iraq. The UN approved. For those who want world government, remember us. How many dictators will surrender power to world government willingly? Not many imho.

Nobody is forced to buy or listen to or watch American produced entertainment.

North Korea hopeless xenophobia.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Thanks Shark, I will.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Don't forget that Fractional Reserve banking spawned from Europe.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by A52FWY

While Europe's racism let genocide happen twice, America acted.

America acted, alright. They set off a couple of nukes in Japan.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Gulf war Iraq started the Gulf war when they attempted to invade Kuwait and claim its territory. The US and others went in to drive them back out.
reply to post by bagari

I have to call you on this one.

Saddam asked for permission to invade Kuwait and was given permission by their US ambassador.

See here, and here, and here.

Saddam was set up by the US

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Japan started it with their imperialism. It ended badly for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join