It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US the World's Village Idiot ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
From the rest of the world's viewpoint, everything bad comes from the US

AIDS

Financial Global Collapse

Global Warming Scam

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life

The big 'killer flu' drama

The tainted vaccines

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now

Gulf war

Iraq war

Afghan war

Drugs

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news'

There's more, but it gets depressing compiling the list

Is the US to blame for most of the rot destroying trust, harmony, peace of mind, worldwide ?

If not, why do people in other nations wrinkle their nose at the mention of the United States ?

And if it's true that the US is the world's village idiot ---- is it the US administration or Americans generally, who're to blame ?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
bit harsh but theres a saying that only american locust vomit on them selfs in self defence.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Thanks. I hadn't heard that saying, 'Only American locusts vomit on themselves in self-defence'.

I've written it out in order to remember it

Because as you obviously appreciate, that saying is a lot deeper than it looks

+29 more 
posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
LOL! How can you go to the bother of making a thread and then proving yourself wrong in it?

How could a village idiot get away with all the things on your list and still offer a better quality of life for its citizens MUCH! better in fact than any middle eastern county?
How can you speak for the rest of the world? Have you some world-wide conference call going on? I'm not from the middle east and I LOVE! America, sure they make mistakes here and there but basically they are a fantastic bunch of people.

IMO The only idiot (village or otherwise) is the writer of this thinly veiled propaganda thread.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

There are a lot of very intelligent people in the US. That said however, if you live in a country that big there's bound to be a few exceptional people. The whole Super Patriotism thing that they have going over there also helps to brainwash the masses into believing that the US is the most magnificent country in the world and that the people who live there can do anything they want with their lives...which of course it total nonsense no matter what country you live in.

With the above in mind, I would say that the US is not the village idiot of the world, but it's not as smart a country as it's residents would have you believe.

Oh and for the record, I know a few Americans socially and they're good people...they can't hold their single malt whiskey though.

Rev

+29 more 
posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Are you serious?

AIDS AIDS started in Africa if I recall correctly.

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life Are you saying that this is a world first, because I can guarantee you that it isn't.

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content What countries have you been to? Because I promise you that the US does not have a monopoly on crappy movies and tv shows.

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now Pardon the US for being attacked. Other countries have had their own terrorism issues to deal with, and created their own security measures as a result.

Gulf war Iraq started the Gulf war when they attempted to invade Kuwait and claim its territory. The US and others went in to drive them back out.

Afghanistan war. Started as retaliation for the 9/11 attacks. A little tit for tat.

Iraq war. Started as a result of a mistaken belief that Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, a belief publicly held by many around the world, as well as Hussein's refusal to allow proper UN inspections of these weapons plants.

Drugs. That's weird, I thought that the majority of drugs were being smuggled INTO the US.

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news' Name just one country that doesn't have garbage and lies in their media.

You have a really skewed view of the world. Maybe it's time to back away from the conspiracy sites for a while until you've got some of your sense back.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Schistocerca emarginata

its funny how nature is nature.

edit source

source

[edit on 29-5-2010 by zerbot565]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Gee, you must be feeling a bit touchy to respond that way to a few simple questions

'Fantastic bunch of people' is your opinion. So I could toss your question back at you and here it is: ' How can you speak for the rest of the world ' ? See ? Because generally speaking, Americans are not the world's favourite people, are they ? So there must be good reason for that, don't you think ?

Believe it or not, but many places have a good quality of life. Some believe their QUALITY of life exceeds that of Americans

But why not address the sampling of disasters for which the US is responsible and which have impacted negatively upon the rest of the world ?

Such as the potential world wide disaster poses by that oil well spewing oil and muck into the WORLD's oceans (because there are no national boundaries between oceans, you know)

Or AIDS ?

Or the ' Global Financial Collapse' and how it's impacted on the world (and believe it or not, the US is not the world)

No need for you to get defensive or offensive about all this, or the problems will never be solved, will they ?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

From the rest of the world's viewpoint

Source please?

I agree a lot of terrible things have come from the US but it's not because it's "the US" or because the people are "Americans". It's because of greed.
And greed is not an exclusive American problem, it's a global problem. Just as everywhere in the world, it's a case of a select few ruining it for everyone else. It's the guys in charge that are the problem, and that's a problem everywhere.

You don't even wanna think about the ecological disasters happening in Russia and China right now. Or the Economic and political catastrophes in Europe. It's not an American problem. It's a problem of humankind.

And now, some American people may read your post and again get the impression that the world hates the US. I honestly believe the vast majority of people don't, most people in their right mind are not that black/white in their opinions. I'm non-American and I definitely don't hate or blame US folks. The guys in charge however ...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bagari

as far as i know AIDS was part of the MKNaomi in the days.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Oh, now .... come on, huh ?

You're being deliberately disingenuous, of course. You could't possible believe what you've written .... surely ?

AIDS kicked off in the US

and it's commonly believed that AIDS was 'invented' by Americans. In fact, check ATS for threads claiming scientists have openly claimed AIDS was engineered in the US

The 'wars on terra', beginning with the Gulf War --- you're actually trying to pretend they have been justified wars ?

Using what --- 9/11 ?

Check ATS again for the literally DOZENS of threads filled to the brim with evidence that the US was responsible for 9/11 and orchestrated both 9/11 AND the wars which rode on the back of 9/11

Drugs ? Drugs were circulating in Tin Pan Alley (that's in the US, by the way) back in the early 1900s. In the 1960's Frank Sinatra (American pop idol of the day, by the way) starred in a movie, 'Man With the Golden Arm' ---- all about American musicians and their drug taking.

So whilst the US appetite for drugs may now have exceeded its ability to supply (resulting in the importation of same) there is NO doubt that the US popularised recreational drug use and used them to destroy cultures world wide

and one of the ways the US promoted and pushed drug use in other nations was via the television and movie industries

in the same way the US promoted and pushed the worldwide use of bottled water and tattooes and whore media with garbage content

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Dock9]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
There's more, but it gets depressing compiling the list

Before I get all into the discussion, just to show that you are not completely programmed and biased by anti-american propaganda, can you provide a list of equal length identifying the good things that have come from the US? Or is that the purpose of the thread, to fill you in on what you do not know?

I agree there are a lot of bad things that have been cultivated within the US, but some of your list is either wrong or misinterpreted.

AIDS - is this from the conspiracy that AIDS was created? Without proof, its a theory at best and otherwise determined to come from Africa.

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life - Is this from a Conspiracy angle also? Othewise, BP is a British company, not American.

Gulf war- What is the angle on this one? Iraq invaded Kuwait and the US liberated them.

Afghan war- this is only 'bad' if the 9/11 conspiracy is true, otherwise it is retaliation, which I don't see as 'bad'

Drugs- again, is this from a conspiracy angle, because most of the illegal narcotic drugs are not coming from the US.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wuwei

And who elects these 'guys in charge' ?

Who tolerates 'the guys in charge' ?

Who defends 'the guys in charge' ?

Who profits from the machinations of 'the guys in charge' ?

Who introduced 'outsourcing' to the world ? Same 'guys in charge' ?

Who PROFITS from ALL of the rot --- isn't it those same 'guys in charge' ?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Gee, you must be feeling a bit touchy to respond that way to a few simple questions

'Fantastic bunch of people' is your opinion. So I could toss your question back at you and here it is: ' How can you speak for the rest of the world ' ? See ? Because generally speaking, Americans are not the world's favourite people, are they ? So there must be good reason for that, don't you think ?

Believe it or not, but many places have a good quality of life. Some believe their QUALITY of life exceeds that of Americans

But why not address the sampling of disasters for which the US is responsible and which have impacted negatively upon the rest of the world ?

Such as the potential world wide disaster poses by that oil well spewing oil and muck into the WORLD's oceans (because there are no national boundaries between oceans, you know)

Or AIDS ?

Or the ' Global Financial Collapse' and how it's impacted on the world (and believe it or not, the US is not the world)

No need for you to get defensive or offensive about all this, or the problems will never be solved, will they ?

Firstly I should point out to you that BP the people responsible for the oil leak disaster are in fact British as in BP= British Petroleum, a British company NOT American. So if we want to solve the problems then we should not blame innocent people or countries.

Secondly you can't just reel off a list of accusations and expect to be taken seriously especially when, as I just told you at least one of them is completely un-true. As for the Americans not being the worlds favourite people, I couldn't disagree more with that. Its only really the countries outside the west that have a problem with the US. So what is the point of your thread other than to spread half truths and dis-info hence the tone of my first reply....

[edit on 29-5-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Who gave licence to BP ?

American government ?

What's the name of the company which contracted to build, operate the 'BP' rigs ---- isn't it 'Transocean' company ? American ?

Who recently underwrote the rig ? Halliburton ?

Who gave the OK for Transocean and BP to erect rigs in deepwater ? US government ?

How stringent were the US governments stipulations re: safety ?

Looks like not stringent at all

So who dropped the ball ? US government ?

Who sat back and wrung its hands until that busted rig had proved it had the potential to destroy vast swathes of coastline, WORLD's oceans and sea-life ? US government again ? Because that US government was SO BUSY interfering in the affairs of OTHER nations, such as North and South Korea and Afghanistan and Pakistan, etc

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
because the americans boast about their military might day and night. they tell the world how much of a great country america is, and they tell everyone how america will kick ANYBODYS a** if they dare to mess with them, and then they pick on smaller, weaker countries like cuba, vietnam, and iraq etcetc the american lifestyle is deeply and profoundly unsustainable, waste of resources plus time. while africa starves, america spend billions on its military to fight enemys that she created. if america fell today, i guarantee you people will not hold hands and work to start again, they will form gangs and start raping and killing the f**k out of each other. they will commit every crime thinkable and create chaos throughout the country. the american civilized people will go crazy and thats when martial law will come in.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Wolf321

Who gave licence to BP ?

American government ?

What's the name of the company which contracted to build, operate the 'BP' rigs ---- isn't it 'Transocean' company ? American ?

Who recently underwrote the rig ? Halliburton ?

Who gave the OK for Transocean and BP to erect rigs in deepwater ? US government ?

How stringent were the US governments stipulations re: safety ?

Looks like not stringent at all

So who dropped the ball ? US government ?

Who sat back and wrung its hands until that busted rig had proved it had the potential to destroy vast swathes of coastline, WORLD's oceans and sea-life ? US government again ? Because that US government was SO BUSY interfering in the affairs of OTHER nations, such as North and South Korea and Afghanistan and Pakistan, etc

C'mon your being silly now, the buck stops with BP ie the British, I'm sure your NO! fans of them either lol! The clean up is BPs responsibility, the company that will be held to account will be BP, the country that will sue BP will BE! America. Do you understand?

You have yet to provide any evidence for your claims by the way. Maybe you really do believe the claims in your thread, that's not for me to guess but as I said before I'm not American but I do know some yanks and they are a fantastic bunch of people. I would suggest you look past YOUR media and actually meet the people from the country you deem to be the village idiot of the world...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What's the name of the nation which elected a genuine village-idiot

who then gave the OK for its major city to be bombed, leading to the murder of 3,000 of its own citizens

and then used that own-goal to immediately launch a war against Iraq
(and we know that the blueprint for 9/11 had been floating around the capital for decades prior and we know the presidential-idiots own father had himself waged a war against Iraq and had been supplying Iraq and had been using Iraq to destabilise the entire area a decade earlier, in any case)

and then stood there under the national flag and BULLIED other nations into participating in that pre-planned war

which in turn was used as spring-board for still OTHER wars (such as in Afghanistan and onwards)

Which nation ?

Star if you get the answer correct: it was the United States, of course, of course

remember: ' If you're not with us, you're against us' ?

the United States again --- causing BS wars, using US whore media to spin them, using US and OTHER nations' troops to fight them

killing millions of people who had NEVER harmed Americans

for PROFIT !

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The US also profited mightily from the Second World War

Remember Prescott Bush ?

father of 'Poppy' Bush who's been implicatd at very least in the murder of American President John F. Kennedy

and grandfather of village-idiot George 'Dubya' Bush

Old Prescott was selling US-manufactured guns and bullets to Hitler

which Hitler's troops then used to kill US soldiers

Yep. The good ole US ---- turns a profit from everyone's suffering. Plays no favourites. Has no loyalties. Other than to it's own self-promotion and profit

like the wars being run on the deaths of millions right now

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I am glad Saddam is dead, the countries you talk about were screwed long before the coalition got there. Saddam spent all his money on tanks and anthrax. As for electing a village idiot, the vote was rigged in florida Bush stole the election.

LOL! What country do YOU come from?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join