It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US the World's Village Idiot ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't say village idiot but it sure makes for interesting reading. Our politics is so bland that we have to go elsewhere for gratification. Much like our doctors.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
yes, to the rest of the world, America is the country against which all stupidity is measured. Im sorry to burst the bubbles of any yanks living in denial about it, thinking they really are the world police, but yes. The Earth hates you and you cant watch TV for 10 minutes without hearing another classic American joke.

Peace

Crap like that post, and the existence of this thread, make me wonder how ATS and its owners can actually claim to be a serious web site and still sleep at night.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

And the fact y'all can't even take the slightest critism without whining and blaming the website itself proves my point.

You hate my comment so much go to your "government" and do something about it.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

And the fact y'all can't even take the slightest critism without whining and blaming the website itself proves my point.

Well, shuck-a-rooties. I didn't know US Citizens were just suppose to roll over and submissively piss whenever someone decided to badmouth us. Guess I missed that memo.

You hate my comment so much go to your "government" and do something about it.

We don't hate your comment.

We just hate you.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

You seem to have no problem rolling over when your own government does it to you.

You should be offended as a human, not as an American.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

Yeah, whatever.

Be sure to post again when you have something constructive.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So, this is just general hate propoganda, is it? A few responses then I'll sum up some things you probably don't know...

AIDS
I'll let you have this one. It's a conspiracy site after all.

Financial Global Collapse
Brought on by the creation of the Euro and a bunch of goofballs here in the US AND abroad that shafted millions of people for their own personal gain. This is a GLOBAL issue because of a GLOBAL failure to stop it. The sytem that worked in the US and made the dollar a big-hit was that the government didn't interfere with trade. Now there's regs on everything and it's getting worse by the day.

Global Warming Scam
Not a scam. It was the US, EU, the Germans and a few select others that had the data to prove it a lie and they didn't come out with it. Why? Once again, a GLOBAL issue caused by GLOBAL indifference/inadequacy.

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life
While this happened on US soil, who owns the well? BP. That stands for BRITISH Petroleum. May have operated here, but it isn't ours.

The big 'killer flu' drama
Started in Mexico. And yes, we did go a bit overboard with it, but as always, the rest of the world kinda jumped on the bandwagon and played along. WHO and others are still going crazy about it. If it mutates, you'll see they had a right to do so. If not, then better safe than sorry.

The tainted vaccines
Not made in the US. Again.

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content
While we have a more moderated broadcast regimen than most countries, please be aware that the US operates much like the EU, with fairly independent states that answer to a higher government. They aren't all like that. I have seen British TV and I have to say, it might be cleaner, but the only thing it's really good for is inducing sleep. Keep in mind that Are You Being Served, Black Adder, and Mr. Bean are probably my favorite childhood programs next to Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street.

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now
Again, Consipracy site, I'll let you have that one. And again, when you bring up a world issue, please place the blame where it belongs. On the world, not just us.

Gulf war

Iraq war

Afghan war
All three of the above can be summed up quite simply. 1. War isn't good, it isn't bad, it just is. The reasoning and logic behind them will change, but the fact that people are dying won't. We don't fight alone in any war, and we certainly don't fight ourselves. It takes two to tango, if you know what I mean, and on the larger front, there's alot of folks in this dance.

Drugs
Worldwide problem. Most illegal drugs (in the US) are imported. If the rest of the world could quit blaming us for everything and take a look around themselves, they might see that they are the ones fueling the problems. We try to stop our drug problem but you guys keep selling to us, trafikking it in, etc...

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news'
That's what you want to focus on, so be it. This site is hosted in the US. There are periodicals and programs that are a little more centralistic in their views and they are watched. The problem here is that outside observers focus on one side of the programming and won't try to find the other side. Our media is balanced overall becaue there is always opposing views waiting to be shared. Call me naive if you want to, but I like to believe I learned to sift fact from bull a long time ago. And our media helped me learn to do that.

There's more, but it gets depressing compiling the list
I would assume it's because you can't argue your points sufficiently, haven't done any homework for the post, and set about simply to throw the blame everywhere but where it belongs. Deny Ignorance, friend. This post shows that not only have you NOT denied it, but embraced it heart and soul.

Is the US to blame for most of the rot destroying trust, harmony, peace of mind, worldwide ?
No, the World is to blame for that. Of which you are a part.

If not, why do people in other nations wrinkle their nose at the mention of the United States ?
Because it's the 'In' thing to do, at the moment. We set our standards and try to reach them. In a global community, there's not one single nation to blame. We are not an unstoppable juggernaut, we are a member of that community. And turn their noses up or not, you still ally with us, do business with us, so on and so forth. Keep on hating us if you want. Keep accusing us of being brainwashed because if you truly believe we are, then you might want to stop and take a good, hard look at how 'everyone' snubs their noses at us. We move against the current. You do not. Which of us is more likely brainwashed?

Now... for the main event. I figure I countered your post well enough without going overboard. The only thing that really offended me was referring to us as 'Village Idiots'. This is very much like a parent who raises a child poorly, dealing with that child's inevitable rebellion. The US was created by the world and we take a strong, hard stance because no one else has the spine to do it. We know right from wrong, but as with all nations, all people, we can't get it right every time. Honestly, the population of the US has grown to the point where it is basically ungovernable by a single entity without instating a dictatorship. That won't happen. When the US started, the single federal government we had in place ruled over a people less populated than our smallest state today. Same structure and hierarchy. We are not the village idiots. We set a standard that is hard to meet and when it can't be met, you get upset with us. Again, we're not always right, but Americans try to do the right thing. Sometimes that means making the hard calls and enduring the inevitable lop-sided and unfair criticism and persecution that you now level at us. But we'll take it because we're strong enough to. We'll let you do it to us and be there for you when you need us. Because we have the heart to.

So judge us. Weigh us. Examine us. See our handful of failures and weigh them against our mountains of success. The internet which you posted through. The electronics that you used. THe household items in your home, the architecture of the buildings made after 1950, the emissions, electronics, and technology in your car. I can go on all day but you won't listen. You're mind is already set.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

Criticism I can take. Criticism I enjoy. Criticism is not what is offered by this thread or by yourself. What this site has become is a festering sewage dump of anti-American insults. It used to be a place to discuss conspiracy theories, now it's a cesspool full of people who hate my country. Instead of the conspiracy theorists it once courted, the ATS business model now caters to foreigners who hate us based on where we were born.

I honestly don't know what sick dementia causes me to keep coming back. Maybe I like to be insulted by strangers.

If any of you U.S. bashers truly think my country is so stupid, then get off the Internet she gave you. ;-)

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What this site has become is a festering sewage dump of anti-American insults.

It's been that way since I joined.

I often thought it was a propaganda site, used to stir the poo poo.

Why do I stay?

Someone has to.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

To be fair, the internet still would have happened without us. We just made it happen sooner. And as far as the anti-american thing goes, quit looking at it like people are bashing us just to bash us and start looking at it like what it is and what this site caters to.

A conspiracy! They hate us! Why? Is it possible they are being misled or misinformed? I read periodicals from all over the world and I can tell you that the US isn't the only place with lop-sided media... but our media balances out in it's forms. While periodicals and television tend to be left-wing, it's balanced by right-wing websites and radio broadcast with centrists playing all types of media.

I'd be very happy if those who criticize the US would post where they are from and list the things they've contributed to the world. Call it 'credentials'. Then we can compare notes, civilly, I hope. Relax, friend, you aren't the only American in here. But stop letting it get you worked up. Enjoy it. Debate with them without insulting them and try to get at the core of the problem. It's not that we're the source of the world's problems because we aren't. It's that they BELIEVE we are. Then you come to the FUN question. Why?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

AIDS - Africa

Financial Global Collapse - Not really our fault if everyone has a flawed banking system

Global Warming Scam - Like Europe doesn't contribute to this?

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life - BRITISH Petroleum

The big 'killer flu' drama - WHO

The tainted vaccines - What? Do they not have vaccines in the rest of the world?

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content - Ever seen TV in Japan?

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now - They don't have to if they don't want to.

Gulf war - Ok, But Iraq did start it. Not that it was necessarily our job to get involved.

Iraq war - Ok

Afghan war - Ok

Drugs - You're going to blame America for drugs? You do realize that Opium was being dealt before America was born right?

I think you're just looking to blame things on america.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The rest of the world must be the idiots to blame it all on the US...

Originally posted by Dock9
From the rest of the world's viewpoint, everything bad comes from the US

AIDS = Africa

Financial Global Collapse = Rothschild And Warburg Banking cartel, Britain and Germany

Global Warming Scam = Soviets and Gorbechave, But Al Gore did contribute

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life = British Petroleum & Rothschild banking cartel

The big 'killer flu' drama = World Health Orginization

The tainted vaccines = Germany - see law suite against German company

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content = Guilty, Hollywood, however Europe is no better

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now = Guilty

Gulf war - Guilty, however this is really the Banking and Oil cartels playing the American puppet government.

Iraq war = Guilty, however this is really the Banking and Oil cartels playing the American puppet government.

Afghan war = Guilty, however this is really the Banking and Oil cartels playing the American puppet government.

Drugs = Many countries share eqaully in this and most drugs are grown and manufactured in foreign countries and imported to America

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news' = whole world shares in this

There's more, but it gets depressing compiling the list

Is the US to blame for most of the rot destroying trust, harmony, peace of mind, worldwide ?

No the banking cartels are

If not, why do people in other nations wrinkle their nose at the mention of the United States ?

Because they are just as much idiots as Americans....

And if it's true that the US is the world's village idiot ---- is it the US administration or Americans generally, who're to blame ?

As I have shown it is not just the US. However ultimately the people are responsible for what they allow thier governments to perpetrate in thier name.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Its all about moral fabric...
We don't have any left....
I believe you can find the destiny of America in Revelation 18.... and what it says is "come out of her my people"
Then it goes to talk about its demise....
Plan to leave when things get a little worse

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stillessence
Its all about moral fabric...
We don't have any left....
I believe you can find the destiny of America in Revelation 18.... and what it says is "come out of her my people"
Then it goes to talk about its demise....
Plan to leave when things get a little worse

There are plenty of good people left in America, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

reply to post by signal2noise

You seem to have no problem rolling over when your own government does it to you.

You should be offended as a human, not as an American.

No no wait!... It's African American or Italian American or whatever else it is "Americans" choose to call themselves so to distinguish themselves from other "Americans".

One people under God eh? Oh wait, you're darker than me... You stand over there. Great. ONE PEOPLE!!!

[/sarcasm]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

yes, to the rest of the world, America is the country against which all stupidity is measured. Im sorry to burst the bubbles of any yanks living in denial about it, thinking they really are the world police, but yes. The Earth hates you and you cant watch TV for 10 minutes without hearing another classic American joke.

Peace

Crap like that post, and the existence of this thread, make me wonder how ATS and its owners can actually claim to be a serious web site and still sleep at night.

Dude that's mild, I know loads of moderate middle class folk who never watch Merkan tv actively turn it off in disgust, my dad won't even watch the Simpson's, you're hated actually not derided as idiots mostly because of your ridiculously pro Israhell policies.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
May I add my two cents worth? (or if you wish... Euro,
Dollar, Franc, Pound, etc)
I have travelled all around the US and found that all...
not the majority, all of the people are exactly the same as
the many people I have met in from other lands.

Why do we get bogged down with "he did this... she did that,
you're to blame... no, you're to blame"
Stop it... (raises long-sleeved arms to the sky and calming music
begins)... we are one, all of us are here on this earth and all I can
comfort you with is this:
You ain't gettin' out of here alive, so get on with each other!

I don't think many here, appreciate some of the fine dresses
and such that come from our lands.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Well, shuck-a-rooties. I didn't know US Citizens were just suppose to roll over and submissively piss whenever someone decided to badmouth us. Guess I missed that memo.

Well, that's what you do, isn't it?

I know you all like to believe you are some kind of John Wayne character, or to use your own ugly parlance, "badass" but I have never known such a country of whiners and wimps.

Hollywood tried to convince the World you were all tough cowboy types. Now we have proper access to you, thanks to the internet, it's been proven that you were only so desperate to portray that image because you are all so far away from it.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by triplesod]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

Well, that's what you do, isn't it?

I know you all like to believe you are some kind of John Wayne character, or to use your own ugly parlance, "badass" but I have never known such a country of whiners and wimps.

Hollywood tried to convince the World you were all tough cowboy types. Now we have proper access to you, thanks to the internet, it's been proven that you were only so desperate to portray that image because you are all so far away from it.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by triplesod]

I don't have a lot to say in response to that claim except for... uh...

Nice avatar, pal. ;-)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

So which is it, o' enlightened one? As an American, I'm confused... according to the OP we are responsible for virtually every aggressive, malevolent act in the world since 1781... but you say we're a nation of pussified whiners... so which is it? Are we whiners or evil, malevolent badasses? We can't be both... so pick one and please let me know which it is so I can put on the appropriate show the next time I encounter someone from a strange and distant land... k? Can you do that for me?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join