It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US the World's Village Idiot ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Dude, this is ATS. Doesn't matter if you list page after page of good things that the US has done, the ass-hats will be gathering like it was the Battle at the Black Gate to pour out their hatred of America and more than willing to tell US Citizens what's wrong and how to fix it.

Deny Ignorance my ass.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Aids; umm..Africa? Hello.

And the drugs thing is just stupid, we are the main CONSUMER of the drug, not supplier. You are another troll, pure and simple.

Pls go play in traffic kthx.

ETA: we are not the only evil empire, all peoples and nations can be idiots. And considering our status as the world's only superpower for many years now(maybe not now) I'd say we are doing something right.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Centurionx]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think the USA is the Worlds Tony Montana, not it's village idiot.

"Say hellow to the bad guy"

... Yeah, that's us. Take a good look at the bad guy. This is the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
your full of it

aids-africa, diseases transmit from animals all the time, there will be more

financial global collapse is just that, the world was in on it, europe has their own issues and they are big boys where they can take share in the blame cake too. their economy is just as large as ours and so is their responsiblity

oil wells ruptured in mexico spain etc, we arent the only off shore oil well that ruptured, even if the news makes you think that way.

iraq and afghan war- oil wars for europe and china, they know it and so do we

killer flu was a euro conspiracy against us, it only hurt our economy and no one here cared.

drugs, people like them, they make you a slave, we dont want slaves, the slave owners want slaves.... thus a war breaks out

global warming scam like the kyoto treaty that we DID NOT SIGN.

wake up and smell the news, your the village idiot not america... but then again with this administration.....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
I think the USA is the Worlds Tony Montana, not it's village idiot.

"Say hellow to the bad guy"

... Yeah, that's us. Take a good look at the bad guy. This is the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this.

That made me laugh ... nice.

Way to keep the humor up in a thread meant to instigate.

Love that.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
As you can tell from the star count, Americans can't look themselves in the eye.

All good here, we crap gold and piss Sam Adams

I thought by village idiot you meant people

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

YES

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

From the rest of the world's viewpoint, everything bad comes from the US

AIDS

Financial Global Collapse

Global Warming Scam

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life

The big 'killer flu' drama

The tainted vaccines

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now

Gulf war

Iraq war

Afghan war

Drugs

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news'

You forgot to add the very worst thing come come out of the USA, "AMERICANS".

There's more, but it gets depressing compiling the list
Too truth.

Is the US to blame for most of the rot destroying trust, harmony, peace of mind, worldwide ?
Yes.

If not, why do people in other nations wrinkle their nose at the mention of the United States ?
Forget the "if not". Americans are just despised, or could be you just stink.

And if it's true that the US is the world's village idiot ---- is it the US administration or Americans generally, who're to blame ?
Yes it is true, but you could probably drop the "village" & just leave world's idiot.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by acrux]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
From the rest of the world's viewpoint, everything bad comes from the US

AIDS

Financial Global Collapse

Global Warming Scam

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life

The big 'killer flu' drama

The tainted vaccines

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now

Gulf war

Iraq war

Afghan war

Drugs

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news'

Who the hell blames the USA for all that? No one I know. The wars maybe but we played our part in that. US culture or Americana, well, it's your culture, the only reason the rest of the World knows it so well is because so many people enjoy it.
What the hell do drugs have to do with America? Our drugs don't come from the States, America's drug problem isn't any worse than many other countries (drugs are taken more and by more people in the UK than in the USA for example), so I don't really know what you are getting at there.
I really think you need to look closer to home for an answer to why the rest of the World feels as it does about the USA.

I think what the general public of the World outside the States finds most distasteful and unlikable is actually not American politics, or anything like that, it is the typical American individual, who we, unfortunately, come into contact with regularly on the internet.

That individual is generally obnoxious, arrogant, ignorant, stupid, loud mouthed, bigoted, posturing, creepy and so on and so forth. They say ridiculous, obnoxious phrases such as "we saved your ass in WWII", "You'd be speaking German now if it wasn't for us!", which is not only obnoxious and wrong but it's also pretty disgustingly pretty disrespectful to all the thousands and thousands of Brits or Europeans who had died fighting Hitler before America even entered the war.

Luckily for me, I know enough Americans (including my American family) to know that the above mentioned people are not typical of the average American and Americans on average are great, funny, friendly people.

The problem is, although we have as many idiots as you (quite possibly we have more), it is your idiots who shout the loudest and say the most idiotic things, so they are noticed much more. Also, of course, in the western internet Americans are the majority and the rest of the e-population who come from outside the USA are the minority, so you are something like 8 times more likely to come across an American than you are a European or African, especially on Anglophonic websites.

Originally posted by strangleholder1

IMO The only idiot (village or otherwise) is the writer of this thinly veiled propaganda thread.

The OP is American and there is nothing wrong in his questioning why people apparently dislike Americans. I believe he has come to the wrong conclusion, or blamed the wrong problems but he's at least considering something.

It's very easy for Americans to stand proud, staring at the stars and stripes, a tear in their eye, grunting about how much they love their country, blaming anyone who doesn't feel exactly the same of jealousy. People really aren't jealous of the USA.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by triplesod]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Oh, now .... come on, huh ?

You're being deliberately disingenuous, of course. You could't possible believe what you've written .... surely ?

AIDS kicked off in the US

and it's commonly believed that AIDS was 'invented' by Americans. In fact, check ATS for threads claiming scientists have openly claimed AIDS was engineered in the US

The 'wars on terra', beginning with the Gulf War --- you're actually trying to pretend they have been justified wars ?

Using what --- 9/11 ?

Check ATS again for the literally DOZENS of threads filled to the brim with evidence that the US was responsible for 9/11 and orchestrated both 9/11 AND the wars which rode on the back of 9/11

Drugs ? Drugs were circulating in Tin Pan Alley (that's in the US, by the way) back in the early 1900s. In the 1960's Frank Sinatra (American pop idol of the day, by the way) starred in a movie, 'Man With the Golden Arm' ---- all about American musicians and their drug taking.

So whilst the US appetite for drugs may now have exceeded its ability to supply (resulting in the importation of same) there is NO doubt that the US popularised recreational drug use and used them to destroy cultures world wide

and one of the ways the US promoted and pushed drug use in other nations was via the television and movie industries

in the same way the US promoted and pushed the worldwide use of bottled water and tattooes and whore media with garbage content

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Dock9]

This is getting pretty crazy now.

AIDS came out of Africa, it didn't kick off in America at all. This is a big problem with Americans, they think something is only important when it is happening to them. Forget the thousands who were dying in Africa before the disease was even known in the USA, it isn't important until it happens in the States.

Drugs have been written about before there was an America. Yes drugs are used by people in the entertainment industry and that happens all over the World. People take drugs, that isn't something special to Americans. The Man With The Golden Arm is a film showing the damage of heroin but many years before that, Arthur Conan Doyle was writing about one of the greatest and well known characters of all time, Sherlock Holmes, taking everything he could get his hands on, specifically heroin, coc aine, laudanum and other forms of opiates.
You say America used drugs to destroy cultures World wide. Well, that is your conspiracy, there is no proof in that but there is very much proof that the UK did exactly that to China in the Opium Wars, We got China hooked on heroin, so we could basically get them to provide us with tea, which was then an extremely expensive extract, for pretty much nothing.

It doesn't matter how many threads there are on different ideas here on ATS. This is a conspiracy forum which is often lacking critical thought. I've seen people blame aliens on their local electrical black out, that doesn't mean it's true though, just cause someone made a thread on it.

War on Terror, by the way, a War on Terra would mean a war on the ground or a war against the Earth, which would possibly not be that far from reality.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The origin of AIDS MSNBC

Scientists trace AIDS origin to wild chimps
Gene tests match virus in primates in Cameroon to first known human case
updated 2:06 p.m. ET May 25, 2006

Some other sources if needed:
Wikipedia
Snopes
National Geographic

The last time I looked at the map, Cameroon is no where near the US.

Please try again.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60

Please try again.

What the hell are you doing, Wayne? Don't have him trying again, mate. It was bad enough the first time!!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well I am all for the US closing it's borders and staying out of other countries business, unless it will hurt the US. We are starting to do that now with the new immigration laws, but there are those who do not want the laws passed for some reason. Once we get that in check we should also stop all financial help going out to any country. I am sure that will just be another thread about the big, bad, US of A hurting other countries that don't give two hoots about the US anyway, unless it is accepting money from us.

I think it is time that the US should start considering only helping itself. You know become very selfish. We have all the resources we need. Within 10 years the US could become completely independent of anything that any other country has to offer. I am so sick of how people put the US down.

If it wasn't for the US citizenry, the world would not know what freedom is all about. Yeah I know that no people in any country are truly free, but I am glad to have been born in a nation that if it comes down to it, really could kick ass and there isn't much any other country could do about it if it came down to us or them. The other countries should be glad that is not our mentality though.

As for internal conflicts in the US, it is not different that any other country.
The US has helped out a lot of countries. It would do the world some good to remember that.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Yeah..

What he said.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Yes your country is very beautiful, and I would like to point out that the US got a lot of help from Irish immigrants in becoming the country that we are today. Ireland like a few other countries could be considered one of our parent countries.

And yes Irish people can out drink me.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

The whole Super Patriotism thing that they have going over there also helps to brainwash the masses into believing that the US is the most magnificent country in the world and that the people who live there can do anything they want with their lives...which of course it total nonsense

It's a hell of a lie. I was force fed this little gem, along with a few others. The truth of it is- the people well connected and with MONEY get all the breaks (It's called the 'good ol boys network')- while those who have talent, but little money and don't have contacts? Those people are screwed. A few of them are the street performers, trying to struggle out a living with their talents. Artists who sit down and make REAL art. The person who can manage a business, went thru the trouble of getting a degree and have gone up to their eyeballs in debt- are pushed out by a brainless, feckless fool who is in there because they're either related to the boss or screwed someone in the boss' family. Honest politicians, who are either turned or destroyed by the 'pigs in power'.

This country is the village idiot because the ones who run the joint ARE idiots- but they're also connected and rich. The rest of us? We're screwed, and there's little we can do about it, because we HAVE tried to fix it.
There aren't enough real, good, smart, honest people.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Well I am all for the US closing it's borders and staying out of other countries business.

I second the motion. Please, please, please, please & please again close off your country & might your own bloody business.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
AIDS = USA:

The origin of AIDS and HIV has puzzled scientists ever since the illness first came to light in the early 1980s. For over twenty years it has been the subject of fierce debate and the cause of countless arguments, with everything from a promiscuous flight attendant to a suspect vaccine programme being blamed. So what is the truth? Just where did AIDS come from?

The first recognised cases of AIDS occurred in the USA in the early 1980s (more about this period can be found on our History of AIDS page). A number of gay men in New York and California suddenly began to develop rare opportunistic infections and cancers that seemed stubbornly resistant to any treatment. At this time, AIDS did not yet have a name, but it quickly became obvious that all the men were suffering from a common syndrome.

The discovery of HIV, the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, was made soon after. While some were initially resistant to acknowledge the connection (and indeed some remain so today), there is now clear evidence to prove that HIV causes AIDS. So, in order to find the source of AIDS, it is necessary to look for the origin of HIV, and find out how, when and where HIV first began to cause disease in humans.

Source:
www.avert.org...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by Conclusion

Well I am all for the US closing it's borders and staying out of other countries business.

I second the motion. Please, please, please, please & please again close off your country & might your own bloody business.

I would love that to be the case. As I would hope the rest of the world, as it does so often, would be influenced by that to do the same.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I didn't want to comment but my name was mentioned.....

Seems a lot of generalization going on, what Country hasn't had their share of bad politics and ugly ideologies.

So its Americas turn right now, doesn't mean you can label every American as bad, sure they feel proud of their Nation and rightly so, a lot of good has come from America.
Majority of the World populace viewed America as the symbol of Peace, Freedom and Goodwill, so be fair, if you are going to point out all the "BAD" things, make a list of all the "GOOD" things the US has done too.

It's a good time to support a People who have supported the World plenty in the past.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join