It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US the World's Village Idiot ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

How is saying you have no opinion permission to invade a country? Perhaps she was caught off guard by Saddam's intentions and didn't know what to say. Ambassadors aren't infallible sources of policy.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The worlds village idiot with the largest gun supply, that's an awful combination.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

We tend to mind our own business until external idiots draw the leadership's attention. Personally I'd like to keep the money expended on firepower, sadly the external world is mostly filled with bigger idiots.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by A52FWY
reply to post by Knobby

Japan started it with their imperialism. It ended badly for them.

It most certainly did.

My point being that The US is no stranger to genocide.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by A52FWY

It is many a europeans opinion that President Bush should be held accountable for war crimes.

Everyone over here knows that going to war with Iraq was based on lies.

im fed up of people trying to justify that illegal war.

Its people that are blinded by patriotism and brainwashed by their media who cant see 'or refuse to see' the truth about the war in Iraq.

Its stupid and this thread is stupid, there is no point to it, its turned into a nation bashing contest.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bagari
Are you serious?

AIDS AIDS started in Africa if I recall correctly.

Oil from the busted well now destroying the world's oceans and sea-life Are you saying that this is a world first, because I can guarantee you that it isn't.

Cheap and nasty movie and tv content What countries have you been to? Because I promise you that the US does not have a monopoly on crappy movies and tv shows.

9/11 and the impact of all the 'security' measures imposed on people now Pardon the US for being attacked. Other countries have had their own terrorism issues to deal with, and created their own security measures as a result.

Gulf war Iraq started the Gulf war when they attempted to invade Kuwait and claim its territory. The US and others went in to drive them back out.

Afghanistan war. Started as retaliation for the 9/11 attacks. A little tit for tat.

Iraq war. Started as a result of a mistaken belief that Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, a belief publicly held by many around the world, as well as Hussein's refusal to allow proper UN inspections of these weapons plants.

Drugs. That's weird, I thought that the majority of drugs were being smuggled INTO the US.

Garbage and lies in televised and print 'news' Name just one country that doesn't have garbage and lies in their media.

You have a really skewed view of the world. Maybe it's time to back away from the conspiracy sites for a while until you've got some of your sense back.

This would pretty much sum up my whole reprisal.

I'm just going to add, the Gulf Oil Spill was a mistake on BP, formerly known as BRITISH PETROLEUM. Now ironically called BEYOND PETROLEUM.

And usually people that do the name calling, are the helpless idiots, looking for a scapegoat. Sorry world, that we invented the airplane, discovered electricity, beat the Nazi's (even if the Soviets deserve more credit for taking most of their heat.), and gave the ultra poor Europeans of the late 19th, early 20th century a place to find new opportunity. Every great civilization has it's dark histories.

America's biggest crimes were in earnest, the displacement of Native Americans, and the slave trade. Both nothing new in history, but they were none the less atrocities that happened, but no living person can be held accountable for these things of the past.

So the world can direct all their own insecurities on America, we can take it. The question is, when is everyone else going to catch up? (I am excluding the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Switzerland as part of "everyone". But they can afford to be better, their populations and infrastructures are much smaller, so they of course have adapted technologies and social advances much quicker. Even if they are a bit too accepting of violent immigrants.)

Memorial Day Weekend was a great time for this type of thread.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

The UN authorized the Iraq action. Attempts at prosecuting Bush are futile. You can waste your life requesting it.

I didn't ask Bush to invade Iraq. It is an awful waste of our manpower and resources.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by A52FWY]

[edit on 30-5-2010 by A52FWY]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This post is written by someone who got born yesterday,only waste of energy.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I understand the fact that UN inspectors found nothing. I understand intelligence was more opinion than fact. When Saddam was in prison he was asked why he didn't want the UN inspectors to complete their work. He said he wanted to give to give the impression he had WMDs to keep Iran at bay. So Saddam screwed himself by his own deception.

So it seems no vast quantities of WMDs existed. However, the New York Times reported that 700 tons of uranium were discovered.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Everyone over here knows that going to war with Iraq was based on lies.

I don't know about "lies". How about, "sh!tty intel"? That seems to be more accurate.

im fed up of people trying to justify that illegal war.

Thing is, if it was illegal, how come the UN isn't jumping all over the US? They sure as hell didn't like Saddam and they seem to be quite happy letting the US do their dirty work.

Its stupid and this thread is stupid, there is no point to it, its turned into a nation bashing contest.

Yeah, they usually do become bashing contests.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
LOL! How can you go to the bother of making a thread and then proving yourself wrong in it?

How could a village idiot get away with all the things on your list and still offer a better quality of life for its citizens MUCH! better in fact than any middle eastern county?
How can you speak for the rest of the world? Have you some world-wide conference call going on? I'm not from the middle east and I LOVE! America, sure they make mistakes here and there but basically they are a fantastic bunch of people.

IMO The only idiot (village or otherwise) is the writer of this thinly veiled propaganda thread.

Typical American "holier-than-thou" drivel.

The main problem with the majority of your countrymen is that you are so damned superior.

I've been to a fair few middle eastern countries and I can tell you that their quality of life is little different from that in your country, if at all.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Dookzor]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by A52FWY

You can't back up your claims

But maybe for you, simply making unsubstantiable claims

is all it takes to keep you happy ?

And maybe you need to actually learn some US history ?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
How could a village idiot get away with all the things on your list and still offer a better quality of life for its citizens MUCH! better in fact than any middle eastern county?

Better than any middle eastern country?? Really?? Do some research before posting somethign ignorant.

Kuwait offers its citizens free -
Health-care, dental, housing, school education, car, gas money, travel tickets, college funds

Infact Kuwaitis studying abroad have their tution completely paid for by the government and they get monthly pocket money too ($1500).

I rest my case.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dookzor
Typical American "holier-than-thou" drivel.

Originally posted by Dookzor
The main problem with the majority of your countrymen is that you are so damned superior.

I don't think the US has the corner market on that; I've run into some Europeans that felt that their sh!t didn't stink, but their farts gave them away, too.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by silencer
Better than any middle eastern country?? Really?? Do some research before posting somethign ignorant.

Kuwait offers its citizens free -
Health-care, dental, housing, school education, car, gas money, travel tickets, college funds

Infact Kuwaitis studying abroad have their tution completely paid for by the government and they get monthly pocket money too ($1500).

I rest my case.

Wow, that's spectacular.

How much of that is given to Kuwaiti women??? Do they have the same opportunities as the men do?

Hmmmm.....and I do remember something that was happening in the 1990's. Something about them being invaded, and the US coming to their rescue?

[edit on 30-5-2010 by signal2noise]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Example of 'world's village idiot mentality'

Here on the ATS main page, we have a post staring Americans in the face

It tells them that cell phones are responsible for the destruction of honey bees

And elsewhere on ATS, Americans can learn that their hero Einstein told them long ago, that they have four years of life left, once the honey bee is gone

Now also on this main page, there's a thread about cell phones and new ID requirements

Talk about a 'detach', LOL

There they are ---- like a bunch of bush-lawyers --- citing and quoting the US Constitution ! LOL ! In regard to CELL PHONES

This is America !

Their own death from starvation is staring right into their faces !

Yet they're arguing over their right to use cell phones (the tool of their own destruction) !

Village idiots seems an understatement

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Meh, I'm not point scoring.

Where in my previous post did I say Europeans are any better?

I've got lots to say on the EU too, only my post was directed at a rather ridiculous comment and further spurred on by some of the ignorant responses in this thread.

So please, if you're going to respond to my post atleast do it in a relevant manner.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Man if only I could spend just one day as the President...

You want to know what I'd do? Immediately pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, for starters. Then I'd institute an isolationist policy that basically says "&$%# the rest of the world and it's problems!" (immediately followed by the imprisonment of the greedy CEO's who crashed the economy for their own personal gain
). That's right. No more helping anyone else out. Other countries don't, so why should we? That includes the hundreds of millions of dollars donated every year by the Gov to Africa for Aids research (just one example). From now on all the money goes to fixing the numerous broken parts of our country (i.e. the ghettos, the poor public education system, health care).

Sure we'll trade with other countries, but that's it. No more treaties. No more alliances. No more foreign military bases. No more relief aid after natural disasters. We'll even build a giant wall around the country to control immigration.

No more doing the worlds dirty work and then getting our knuckles wrapped for doing so. I'm not saying we should've ever gone into Iraq, but truly evil and genocidal men like Saddam deserve to be hung.

Picture that world. That's the alternative that some of you guys want to live in...

But then again, I'm an @$$hole

This is never going to happen because there are too many people in America that care about other people outside of their own country. Too many people here that want to help solve Global problems. Too many people here who care so much about their fellow man that they devote their entire lives to aiding those in need, at home and abroad.

I'm not saying we're all good people. I'm saying that the spectrum of good to bad is about the same as anywhere else. Power corrupts, and there's a lot of power to be had in America. It follows logically that there would be more corrupt people here.

Blaming a group of people is discriminatory and ignorant by definition. You wanna blame our government? Go ahead. I do it all the time. You wanna blame all those problems on me, my family, and my friends? Take it somewhere else.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Example of 'world's village idiot mentality'

Yes, this thread is certainly that.

Here on the ATS main page, we have a post staring Americans in the face

It tells them that cell phones are responsible for the destruction of honey bees

Americans lag behind Asians and Europeans in cell phone technology and usage. Most Americans still have and use land line phones because the infrastructure is already there for it. Even in Africa, cell phones are more common than land lines. The United States is absolutely not the only country to use cell phones.

Furthermore, the link between cell phones and the bee disappearance is controversial at best. There are dozens of theories, and the world scientific community has yet to agree that cell phones are the cause.

And elsewhere on ATS, Americans can learn that their hero Einstein told them long ago, that they have four years of life left, once the honey bee is gone

And elsewhere on ATS, plenty of more-informed-people-than-you will point out that Einstein was neither a biologist, nor a person who ever said that.

Now also on this main page, there's a thread about cell phones and new ID requirements

Talk about a 'detach', LOL

There they are ---- like a bunch of bush-lawyers --- citing and quoting the US Constitution ! LOL ! In regard to CELL PHONES

So what? I'm sure your own country has nothing to do with cell phones, oh great declarer of idiots. I feel like I'm arguing with a random word generator, for all the logic and knowledge I see in your posts.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
yes, to the rest of the world, America is the country against which all stupidity is measured. Im sorry to burst the bubbles of any yanks living in denial about it, thinking they really are the world police, but yes. The Earth hates you and you cant watch TV for 10 minutes without hearing another classic American joke.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join