It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Americans You Don't Know Anything...........About OUR Immigration Crisis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Now you know how the people in Iraq feel. How hypocrite of Americans to tell others to get out of their land when they're occupying others.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The immigration issues that the UK, France, Italy, and other countries are going through are not exactly like the US"s immigration issues, but they are pretty similar. The US should cast aside its hubris and not try to re-invent the wheel.

If some other country has found a way to manage its immigration issues, we should learn from that country and try adopting its policies. If some other country is making mistakes with regards to its immigration issues, we should learn from those mistakes and not repeat them.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
In my opinion the U.S government should get more involved towards Mexico's little futile government and create a better economy and life style in Mexico. The reason mexican immigrants come to the U.S is because mexico is, in its current state, a ptomaine. If Mexico becomes ameliorated then no more immigrants will be coming to the U.S trying to escape the depravity going on in their crumbling nation. True, the U.S getting involved will cause tension, but we dont have to directly wage war, the U.S people and its government should simply encourage a revolution to arise in Mexico and aid the rebelling Mexicans. The U.S could then set up a proper government in Mexico with able efficacous leaders that will actually improve mexico and make it a safe livable place. Once that happens mexicans will actually enjoy and be able to live in their home country, and wont hop the border illegally causing a predicaments to occurr in the U.S. That is the only true solution to the mexican immigration problem.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondsense

Now you know how the people in Iraq feel. How hypocrite of Americans to tell others to get out of their land when they're occupying others.

But then again if the Mexican air force brought all of its aircraft across the border in a full on invasion it would take the citizens all of about 10 - 11 minutes to decimate a half dozen cessnas. thereby shutting down their air force.
Yeah call me a racist. i still say i'm not. i hate Nascar.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
non americans?? you mean non usa citezens mexico is part of america

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Please try not to be under the influence of heavy narcotics when responding to my comments. Thank you, come again.

Peace.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by beyondsense]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just saw a video in which Anderson Cooper interviewed these guys:

eclipptv.com...

I live in Los Angeles. Our City Council is corrupt and FULL of Illegal Immigration sympathizers. We are a Sanctuary City, and most of our state people plus our IDIOT MAYOR are proud of it.

The only cities 'boycotting' this seem to be the sanctuary cities which benefit from this activity. I can't believe what this has come to. Comparison to Nazis and such? For enforcing a law that was already Federal since the 1980's. A law which in WRITING mandates that NO RACIAL PROFILING be allowed.

The most ironic part of it is that 90% of the Illegal Immigrants that are in Arizona, happen to be 'brown skinned' people. So that's our fault that the demographics in the area are mainly Hispanic? So people can hide behind race now for crimes, because their 'race' happens to be the main body which commits a crime in a certain area?

I can't stand it anymore. Most people I know here in Los Angeles want Illegal Immigration to stop, even many Hispanics themselves. Yet, if you listened to the media, you would think Los Angeles and everyone who lives here is against it. Total CRAP.

It's outrageous what the left leaning news pundits have made this into. But I keep wondering where the fighting spirit is of Americans. Why are there NEVER mass protests for US? The MAJORITY of this nation wants Illegal Immigration to stop yet we aren't out in the streets like the Illegals and their groups.

Why....WHY.......WHY? Have we just lost all of our hope?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well I am American. South American that is.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

america is suppose to be a "free country" correct? then anyone should be able to walk in and out as they please, nobody owns the earth or its land they just pretend to

Personally i am sickened by all the (mostly southerners) going on about our america is being destoryed from people from other counteries (as in they complain but less white people)

it doesnt matter how right you think you are, no one owns land its just there, no human made it so thus they dont own it, so you cant really (noy you in general) tell who can and cant come in the "country"

Earth rules are stupid and prejustice, we are the same species it doesnt really matter whos where or how many times

you midaswell cry if ants made a colony in your front yard

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Welcome to the UK, Peace and love.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I live in South Texas...the OP is absolutely correct in that many,including those in the US have NO idea how rapidly and dangerously things are "changing" here.This is a "warning" issued down in the Southern "tip" of Texas for this weekend:

REYNOSA - Trusted CHANNEL 5 NEWS sources confirm a potentially dangerous situation is unfolding along the border.

According to multiple law enforcement agencies, the Zetas are preparing for an assault on the Reynosa area. The battle is supposed to begin this weekend. We're told it will likely last longer.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS contacts at DPS and other law enforcement agencies have confirmed this information is "legitimate and very real."

CHANNEL 5 NEWS sources are tracking reports of the zetas preparing for a counter-assault on the Reynosa area.

We're told we'll likely see a ratcheting up of us law enforcement up and down the valley preparing for the threat of spillover violence.

We're also monitoring how much of a presence the Mexican military will have in the region this weekend.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS sources say it would be best for you to avoid traveling across the border into Mexico in the near future. It's a warning echoed by the U.S. consulate and the U.S. State Department.

If you must go, be mindful of your surroundings and be on alert at all times.

I live @ 2.5 hours from the border,not in this area but can assure you that many landowners I know (huge hunting ranches and such further South) are FED UP and and FEAR the worst is coming, this will NOT end well! I'd suggest that the PTB get a clue and stop politicking elsewhere before we have blood spilled all over our own border and beyond...the drug cartels are only one issue: human trafficking and other gang-related crimes are WAY up down here and something has to give.
I'm weary of all the "bleeding hearts" who claim that "those poor people have a RIGHT to a better life" and trust me,I do believe all people do have rights and help when and where I can but I know folks first-hand who have busted their butts to create business and jobs and lives to provide for their families who are suffering, who own property and are losing this battle in a big way. A good friend's son recently had to terminate his sports-equipment business in Laredo, TX. because of the "problems" aka he could no longer "safely" do business there and he is now in financial distress.He employed over 200 US CITIZENS on THIS side of the border!
It goes MUCH further than just a simple or not so "immigration issue" IMO.The corruption and pay-offs and BS are simply epic down here...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is pathetic, it's the government's fault that we're in this immigration issue. It makes me sick that the U.S. doesn't want these people; it makes the government look incredibly selfish and egotistical. Here's what I propose: Give immigrants amnesty so they can get JOBS. Once they start working they can actually start paying taxes that will do great for the economy. And for those unaware, immigrants pay "coyotes" (people that smuggle immigrants to America) upwards of up to $5000 per head. Imagine if the government passed a bill saying that if immigrants want U.S. citizenship they pay $3000, say 1,000,000 people do so, that's $3,000,000,000 straight into the economy. The government is incredibly moronic if they pass that up, but they won't do it, because they're idiots.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Everyone knows that there is a legal way to move into this country tight? People from all over the world do it every year.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Probably the best post yet. However...Mexicans aren't coming in dropping bombs, raiding homes and torturing citizens of this country.

Instead, they torture us when we're in Their country on vacation with their water. Oy! Avoid drinking the water!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

as always the good ones suffer for the bad ones....agree..

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Right you are but there are only a certain number of work permits handed out each year and those are usually given to trained workers. There are also a certain number of temporary agricultural visas given out each year for workers to help with the crops.

Once they are handed out there are no more.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
It is hard for me to grasp the problem of Illegal's for I have no reference
point. Canada has no such problems, and if there is any Illegal's here, they
are not in such number's to be such a detrament to us.

Canada actually has much higher annual immigration rates, legal and illegal, than the US, and doesn't even flinch. In fact it thrives. The 'immigration crisis' in the US is all media generated hype, meant to divert the blame from the real reason there's no jobs or money left for US citizens: American politicians and corporations have screwed them over big time. US citizens and immigrants are just fighting over what little scraps are left.

Pretty sure it's no coincidence, either. They knew hard times were coming, and didn't want anyone blaming them for what they did. The 'immigrant crisis' provides the perfect cover.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
First you need to learn to separate the drug cartels from the Families who just want a better life for themselves, then you need to remember that before all this financial crisis crap happened, although it was a problem, nobody cared, because these people where doing the jobs most Americans did not want to do.

Now that the so called real jobs are disappearing, it becomes a big problem because those who have lost everything, now want those jobs, because they are jobs that no matter what they need doing.

I've Lived and paid a lot of taxes in the USA, the qualification for me to do the work I did was that there was no body who was able to do it, that was not my fault, but I never intended on living in the USA forever I had my own Country and my Family who I had no intention of abandoning, I know now that the person doing the job I did is now done by an American because I help to train them to do it, which was always the intention and why I agreed to it in the first place.

America always seems to be looking for someone to blame for it's woes, right now it's Hispanic people, people I have to add were on the American continent for many Centuries before the Mayflower arrived, the City I live in Liverpool has records of almost every single Family or individual who came from all over Europe heading to the new World, and I bet you there are many on here who's Families passed through the very place I live now on their way to the USA, in fact if you want to know more about your ancestry, this is the place to start because we kept records of everyone on their travels.

I Love America, I love the people they always treated me with the greatest respect, always in most cases asking where I came from, talking about British History and I used to love the conversations, I remember when the decisions where made to leave empty rail road cars open because they were finding to many dead people who had crossed the border, I remember the placing of water tanks all a set distance apart to provide life saving water, nobody wanted these people to die.

I even remember being pulled over on I 40 by a State Trooper because a license plate light had broken, who at first accused me of being part of the Arizona militia because I had a British driving license, telling me they used them to try and distance themselves from what ever it was they didn't like, I worked as a mechanic in my spare time in Winslow AZ because I had the chance to fix some of the classic cars I had only read about and got paid for doing it, when I think of some of the people who came in for something like a transmission mount, yet had no brakes on their cars because they couldn't afford the cost to repair them, so I would cover the parts and labour because it wasn't their fault, and at the end of the day I wasn't laying awake at night wondering if they had died because they couldn't stop.

Sure I saw problems, like when the local Police every Thursday would drive around town arresting all the drunks who had come to town and get totally blitzed off a bottle of cheap wine, then release them the next day just to do the exact same thing a week later, which had me confused, until I found out the Police and local Government could claim money from the State for rehabilitation for their alcoholism, money which never went to what it was intended for, it was just a way to get tax payers money under the pretext of trying to help, but with no intention of wanting to help other than to drive them out of town for a while or at least a week.

The truck stops where full of these people, prostitution was a huge problem apparently, cheap repairs for trucking companies could be found there also, even though the gangs who carried out this work where just handy with their hands but in no way safety concious, or aware that a bad job could kill a lot of people on the Highway, but saving money was the number 1 priority for these companies, or the owner drivers, I remember the man who exploded before my eyes and those of my friends as he ran across the Highway to a truck stop to sell the things he had made out of junk he had found, after being hit by a semi doing 75mph.

I could sit here all day telling you some of the things I witnessed by people more interested in saving money than caring about the Humanity.

But that is not my point, my point is when it suits it's fine, as life gets harder for the locals, it gets a lot worse for those who are just trying to survive.

This thread is about people from other countries butting out, yet we ourselves have similar problems, remove the Muslim crap from the British problem however, because being Muslim has nothing to do with where immigrants come from, it's a faith not a Country, I told you about the rail road cars being left open a decision taken by the AZ Government, as was the water storage dotted around, how things have changed it amazes me, people condoning killing these people, linking them to the drug wars which are taking place, a bit convenient if you ask me, Propaganda at its very best.

As much as I love America and its people, I am now afraid and scared for not just for those who enter illegally, but for the Citizens themselves, even with all the Anti China rubbish that Washington sells to you under the guise of them being a direct threat, its the same threat they sold to you during the cold war, during the Vietnam conflict, same with Korea, and now its Iran, yet we are asked to keep our noses out, even though American policy effects Britain and many other Countries who have decided to stand by along side you when you asked for our help, something many people are starting to regret because of the repercussions that came with doing so.

And now we are ( all nations) are being told its none of our business, this is happening more and more here, and it has to stop, Americans are fast at offering up opinions on other Countries policies, so we could say the same, and ask you to keep your noses out, but I have a feeling that one day in the future the cry is going to go out for help by the American people, imagine if there was nobody to answer that call, an example would be Spain before their revolution when freedom fighters went from all over the Globe in answer to that call, last I heard we all are fighting the same foes, the foes which go all the way to TPTB, don't stand alone, stand together and if the time does come your call would be answered, look past the propaganda filling your minds with who is responsible for your Countries woes, nobody is saying ignore the problem, but separate the drug cartels from those who just want a better life, just like your Families over the last few Centuries.

Man is supposed to be free the Human race is meant to be free, yet the Country who strives to bring that freedom to all Mankind is denying that right to those who need it most.

Politicians only see things in periods of four years, the time until they have to kiss their next baby to convince you to let them keep their jobs, if they haven't kept their promises by now, almost four years after they got their job, then what makes any of you believe they are going to keep their promises now, this is an election year is it not? this is your chance to stop them selling you down the river, take a look at the amount of British MP's who resigned or retired before the recent elections, they all did it because they knew they where about to be pushed, believe me it was a lot, the most ever in the history of the Country, and a lot of it because they could not do anything about immigration control and because they got caught stealing from us, amongst other things, the current Government know, if they don't fix the concerns of the public, then the next election is going to be a lot sooner than they could ever imagine.

Its to soon to predict right now, but already people are getting pissed off after less than a week because they are still ignoring us, I would expect another election within 18 months if they don't start and quickly, America has the same opportunity as we have just had, why not use it instead of telling us to STFU?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am not bashing on Mexicans and I am certainly not bashing or belittleing immigration, my problem is mainly the cartel, and trying to change America ( the united states) into a Spanish speaking country, if I go to France I will damn as well learn French, but America
has faults as well, I'm so forward about this because its personally affected me

Please learn a little English though, pretty please,

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Well, we are withdrawing. These illegals are not withdrawing, big difference there. We are not leeching off of their resources or wanting to live in their country, the soldiers don't want to be there. And no, it is not a an occupation. They are free to do what they want, the government they have now has opportunity to do well, but unfortunately there are a lot of people there that would rather cause death and destruction. Those very same people destroyed infrastructure reconstruction that we were attempting to do such as electricity infrastructure, water purification, etc...

These illegals are leeches that are siphoning out the blood of America.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join