It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Americans You Don't Know Anything...........About OUR Immigration Crisis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I strongly doubt that it costs more to go through the process of legal immigration than it does to pay a coyote to get here. The idea that immigrating legally is expensive- or has any costs other than reasonable fees (ie no more than a construction permit, which is around $150 where I live) is really repugnant to me. Maybe if we weren't having to deal with illegal migrants, we would be focused on that issue & trying to change it. I know I would be.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
umm, OP you forgot to subtract the large amount of money that illegals pay back in taxes.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Currently living in Australia, and let me tell ya folks, you visit parts of Sydney or Melbourne ya aint gonna know this country was settled by Europeans, but this is how it is.
Nothing is going to change the fact.
The west had nuclear bombs, no one was going to invade us, but the traitors said lets bring people of all nations in to the west, that will allow us to trade more and expoit more other nations.
The traitors dont care how it affects the common person who suddenly sees their neighbourhood resemble China or India, or Mexico as is the problem in the USA.
They dont care about the soaring crime rates , the ethnic gangs ect, they are traitors.
But the treason happenned deliberately decades ago it started all over the western world.
India is nationalistic as is China,Indonesia,Pakistan, ISRAEL,Russia, its the west who has brainwashed its citizens into becoming Multi Cultural.
But its too late to whine now, the real challenge for the US and Aussie Brit euro common man is going to be surviving as a minority in the next century.
And the better we treat the outsiders now the less reason they will have to hate your grandkids and their childreand so on, when the European race are not the majority ethnic race in their homelands.
The world never stays still, those who are complaining about illegals taking jobs are twenty years behind the times.
Chinese nationals are buying up entire swathes of streets in major Aussie cities and leaving them empty, ready for family to move into.
The chinese are on the move they are the ones to fear perhaps not the downtrodden mexicans.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by uglybattle
umm, OP you forgot to subtract the large amount of money that illegals pay back in taxes.

How can you pay back in taxes if you're not a citizen. When you apply for a job in the United States you HAVE to provide ID and a SOCIAL SECURITY number in order to fill out a W2 tax form.

W2

A W-2 form is a tax form created by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the US. It is also called the wage and tax statement and is used to report information about money earned and taxes deducted to the Social Security Administration (SSA), the IRS, and to employees. Employers create W-2 forms for their employees and send copies of the form to the SSA. The SSA then sends information from the W-2 to the IRS.

Are you even American?

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Clisen33]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Your op post was until:

Originally posted by l neXus l
this isn't directed towards every non American but a lot ....

Are you from America?
[edit on 5/14/2010 by l neXus l]

Do you know that America has more than 20 countries. This is the beginning of the misconception about everything. America is a CONTINENT not a country. Google is your friend.

Now, i love the US and let me tell you something. It a great country because of all its people, ALL ITS PEOPLE, including every race and every religion. So lets stop spreading this racism and take out once and for all that America is a country only and the center of the universe, because, ITS NOT!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
The chinese are on the move they are the ones to fear perhaps not the downtrodden mexicans.

Downtrodden mexicans?? Aussie??

instead of being above topsecret these forum should be called all about racism... gosh !!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Well, you obviously don't know any 'illegal' that has been living in the US for over 15 years. I gotta tell you, I know family members, friends that are illegal and have been living in the US for a certain period amount of time and PAY taxes. It was almost good until 9/11 of course because security increased dramaticaly.

Even after 9/11 they pay taxes and keep there out dated license cards. After all, that is one of their 'tickets' to require certain privaleges, not rights.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I hear all this rhetoric that "people love to BLAME Hispanics for it's financial woes".

BULL...........CRAP

Most aware and intelligent people realize that bankers, wall street, fed reserve, IMF, Corporations, institutions WITHIN the system, are the ones BREAKING us in the BIG way nationally.

But Illegal Immigration just happens a PART of it, that ends up costing ADDITIONAL hundreds of Billions. SO what, we can't complain about pork barrel projects and earmarks either, because it's not "BIG" enough nationally???

Illegal Immigration is a BIG hit to borders state's wallets. To say it's a non issue is insane. And to say that people only get upset about it in "voter season" is also insane.

It's just that when the issue comes up, people let out all their frustration about it after YEARS OF NOTHING BEING DONE! It's not that people just started caring about it. It's always in the background.

It didn't take Arizona's law to make people PISSED. People were already pissed about Illegal Immigration. Maybe the politicians use this as a hot button issue around campaign time. But that doesn't negate the fact that the PEOPLE are angry ALL THE TIME, about it.

And stop making this issue about RACE. It's so disingenuous it has worn out it's welcome.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beyondsense

Good point except for the little part where Sadam was a demonic tyrant who killed hundreds of thousands of people, he needed to be dealt with

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

When you apply for a job in the United States you HAVE to provide ID and a SOCIAL SECURITY number in order to fill out a W2 tax form.

Since when does an employee fill out a w-2?

They pay back using an ITIN.

www.irs.gov...=96287,00.html

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HalfAWorldAway
Your op post was until:

Originally posted by l neXus l
this isn't directed towards every non American but a lot ....

Are you from America?
[edit on 5/14/2010 by l neXus l]

Do you know that America has more than 20 countries. This is the beginning of the misconception about everything. America is a CONTINENT not a country. Google is your friend.

Now, i love the US and let me tell you something. It a great country because of all its people, ALL ITS PEOPLE, including every race and every religion. So lets stop spreading this racism and take out once and for all that America is a country only and the center of the universe, because, ITS NOT!!

We're talking about American culture being destroyed by illegal immigrants, primarily coming from Mexico. North America is a continent, and within that continent is a country called The United States of America. No it is not racism, but if you go by that standard then I guess you will call people in the UK and Europe racist for not wanting Muslim immigrants/refugees destroying their own culture that they are doing now, right?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i live in annapolis MD and my whole nabor hood is made of hispanics. they leave trash every were, they play loud music until 3 in the morning and my wife can't walk down the street without being whistled at, stared at and followed. the crime rate in this city is outrageous because of them. not to mention it is almost imposable to find a job. i have applied to places that turned me down only for me to come back later to see a brand new hispanic doing the job i applied for.

the immigrants that are legal here have sucked up all of the welfare benefits so thoughs who actually need it are turned down or can not get all that they need.

and do not get me started on the MS13. in glenburnie MD (which is about 15 minuets from me) innocent people are being killed for initiation into the gang.

this problem is not just in the south it is all over merica. they want to change our schools and our language and everything about OUR country.
and yes, this is OUR country.

sorry for the lack of punctuation. when i get heated i tend to leave them out.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
People who think the problem will be solved by deporting ilegals are STOOPIT!

If anyone gives a darn, here is a link to a debate I started on another forum which shows how the issue can be solved.
how to solve ilegal immigration to the US

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Poor people act like that in every country on this planet. Are you suggesting we force all poor people to leave this planet? I've lived in Africa, Southern California and Europe so I know how poor people behave. Most Mexicans I encountered in SoCal were respectful of their surroundings and couldn't even compare to locals in Africa. America is going through economic hardship for the poor choices you have made over the last few decades and you want someone to blame. Just as Germany did after WWI you have done today, you blame the minorities. You are following the exact same path they did and it is absolutely shameful.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's so disgusting how people chime in about their views about Illegal Immigration.

Come to my neighborhood and stay here for a a while. Let's see how you feel about it then. It's everywhere I look in this damn city. It's basically PROPPING THE DAMN CITY UP.

Congrats California and Los Angeles. You let in so many Illegals, they're propping our economies up now to the point that people can't get rid of them

F***ING SUBVERSION. It's like a parasite that takes so much from the host, if the host kills it, the host dies because the parasite is holding half it's blood supply.

No difference.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

talking about American culture being destroyed by illegal immigrants, primarily coming from Mexico. North America is a continent, and within that continent is a country called The United States of America. No it is not racism, but if you go by that standard then I guess you will call people in the UK and Europe racist for not wanting Muslim immigrants/refugees destroying their own culture that they are doing now, right?

How are illegal immigrants from Mexico destroying American culture?
They want to live with people of there own and ADD to their culture, not destroy it.

USA isn't simply one culture, it's full of cultures around the world.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by uglybattle]

[edit on 14-5-2010 by uglybattle]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
We're talking about American culture being destroyed by illegal immigrants, primarily coming from Mexico. North America is a continent, and within that continent is a country called The United States of America. No it is not racism, but if you go by that standard then I guess you will call people in the UK and Europe racist for not wanting Muslim immigrants/refugees destroying their own culture that they are doing now, right?

Lets not even generalize that illegal immigrants first are from Mexico, then that they are the cause of all diseases in US. I think that you refer to the American way of life rather than American Culture. The point here is that all this drill is just a government facade to take away the attention from other topics that are more important. The economic crisis was not created by any Hispanic country, it was because of some greedy guys playing with out money.

But as usual they want us to believe that they problems we have are coming from south the border and to tell the truth that is completely incorrect.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by uglybattle

Well, you obviously don't know any 'illegal' that has been living in the US for over 15 years. I gotta tell you, I know family members, friends that are illegal and have been living in the US for a certain period amount of time and PAY taxes. It was almost good until 9/11 of course because security increased dramaticaly.

Even after 9/11 they pay taxes and keep there out dated license cards. After all, that is one of their 'tickets' to require certain privaleges, not rights.

I don't see how that is possible, unless you're talking about sales tax? Even still, they have been here for 15 years and are not citizens yet? No I don't know any illegals that have been here for 15 years, but I have met countless amounts of other illegal Mexicans that get paid under the table, and send what they don't need to their families in Mexico.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Clisen33]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Can we just have one final thread on this issue entitled "If you don't agree with my views on immigration then you are a poopy-head, commie, bleeding heart sympathizer"? I think it would be good for people. Just let them get all the rage out there. I'm getting sick of logging onto ATS and everyday on the front page is some new crapfest about the damned illegals or even better "Hispanics". The raving horde out to get you.

Real issues? Na, forget it!. Let's just whine. And as for American's being the only ones to know about this issue-come off it. Anyone with a brain can find the information and process it for themselves. Maybe you just dislike it that others have formed different opinions than you? Well, that's planet Earth for you. Happens everyday on a whole host of issues. It doesn't mean they should just hide in a hole and shut up.

Personally, I know most Americans don't know much about immigration. They believe what they want, not the facts. There is erroneous data is this thread. I am too tired to even point it out anymore.

ATS seems to be frothing with hypocrites lately who out on side of their mouths say the government is responsible for the loss of jobs, loss of wealth and overall crappy situation. Then out of the other they proclaim it's all those damn illegals not paying taxes and sucking off the government's tit.

www.usatoday.com...

Well look at that. The government admits they got at least 9 billion from these people. But wait, illegals don't pay taxes right?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
F***ING SUBVERSION. It's like a parasite that takes so much from the host, if the host kills it, the host dies because the parasite is holding half it's blood supply.

No difference.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

Now they loose they status from being human being to parasite. The level of the debate is going down to the sewers.
True, laws needs to be enforced and citizens must behave under the law with respect. The government must provide the citizens with security and opportunities.

You will be amazed on how all immigrants contribute to US brands. If there was not illegal labor in the US the prices of the goods will skyrocket. As with a more expensive workforce someone needs to pay the bills and guess who pays all the bills at the end, yes the final consumer.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join