It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Americans You Don't Know Anything...........About OUR Immigration Crisis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Do you REALLY think the United States government is trying to combat these cartels and smugglers? No because most of them are in cahoots with them! It's sad how much subtle bigotry there is on this site.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yeah i live in california (the real new mexico) and i do not get how people do not see illegal immagration as a problem. I also do not see the problem with treating criminals like criminals.
The also take up all the affordable housing and turn neighborhoods in third worls hell holes. So in souther california the idea of moving out and being tottaly independent at a young age is gone. Even the nicer apartment complexes are going down the tubes because there will be a few single room apartments with 20 people living in each one.
Things get all twisted around, they come over here take jobs at lower wages and live in run down shacks and im supposed to feel sorry for them.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousproxy

Originally posted by ventian

For the record, alot of Muslims do a dam better job of been British than any called "British" could.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by anonymousproxy]

That kind of comment is what keeps the hate fresh and when you say muslims you're saying theyre all foriegn which is not the case as many brits are born of the muslim faith which is not a problem . The problem is racist people who put people into boxes like you just did. No muslim can be better than a brit, everyone who is born in britain is british in thier own way . whether they be of christian muslim hundu or athiest faith . Im afraid the real problem lies with people who segregate themselves due to thier religion, and keep the "them and us " mentality.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by mackblack27]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

couse you are spoiled !..and let youre house cleaned by veeeery cheap illegal personal
please don't ask non americans for understanding...we have troubbles enough feeding youre americans...
and we do well ....regarding the overweight moore than half the americans have...
so kick out the illegals and clean youre mess youreself..that will solve youre overweight situation also
really an win win situation according to the american dream..ore nightmare? ..time will tell :-)

[edit on 14-5-2010 by ressiv]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"What about calling back your people and their related corporate assets before kicking these Mexicans out? That'd be a damn good thing for that area of Canada! "

Then what about Mexico calling back their immigrants? That isn't going to happen, so perhaps the people of BC should do something like Arizona.
I have no solution for this "problem" but it became obvious to Arizona that the US government had none either. That being said, what should a sovereign state when the Federal Government chooses not to perform the duties for which it claims resposibility?

I live in New Jersey, and do not see what the border states are dealing with. The majority of US citizens don't see it either. So, most of the US do not know anything about the immigration crisis either.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by End Of Babylon

WoW End of Babylon you sound like you have some really deep seeded hatred for the white man. Whats the deal dude? I love how people like you hate a race because of what happned a hundred plus years ago. You show your ignorance with your white man this and white man that without putting forward anything intelligent. I can tell you bought this global warming scam hook line and sinker. You honestly think cars are the cause of global warming? Even better the white man is the evil monster that gave us the car thats destroying this world? Do you drive? What about that big bright thing in the sky called... THE SUN. Do you think that may have something to do with climate change. Before spouting out your racialy charged remarkes make sure you dont look like such a hypocrite while doing it. It makes your comment look like it was posted by some uneducated hate spouting robot assembled by the public schools and the current administration to keep the racial hate to a maximun. Grow up man, read a book you might learn something.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by End Of Babylon

Originally posted by rebeldog

they don't care about anything other than what they benefit from. Their jealousy that our ancestors were more able to invent and build things. The world ALL immigrants would love to see is them on top with us as their slaves speaking their language. BUT YET WE deplorable, loathsome, dreaded WHITE MALES will no longer be silenced by the TRUMP/racist card. just because the anglo/viking were the most successful does not mean they did it to later give away did they?? really, we sir see not only a way to STOP THIS, we have many ways WRITTEN IN HISTORY BOOKS about how to regain that which we have lost. How did scandinavia become so nice? do what they did!!!!!

Don't get too proud, you white people stole quite a lot of history and take credit for way too much stuff you didn't invent and do.

The original Anglos and Vikings were not white, neither was Jesus Christ and everyone else in between you people decided to paint white.

The white man is just a hypocrite.

The white mans inventions really did nothing good for the world at all.
Over production, pollution and milking the world for all it's resources is not what the rest of the world thinks a great achievement.

The P.C and Guided Missile were invented by a black man.
Thats your world right there.

Besides the Gun and the Car, white people didn't invent anything good, and the car aint so great for the environment.

White people are the ones responsible for screwing up the Earth.
Thats a fact.

Yup, everything that whitey invented is useless. You know, like trains, planes, penicillin, polio vaccine, almost every vaccine, the internet, the television, the guitar, the piano, the printing press, the harnessing of electricity, turbine engines, genetic theory, open-heart surgery, the defibrillator, plastic, scissors, ball bearings, paper, the telescope, the pencil, steam engine, water pump, barometer, the tuning fork, the steamboat, circular saw, the bicycle, electric generator, incandescent light bulb, the telegraph, the telephone, the typewriter, celluoid, the camera, the radio, the x-ray machine, the microwave oven, the laser, the optical disc, the led, the calculator, the computer graphical operating system, ipod's and cell phones. But yeah, other then that, white people made nothing useful.

[edit on 5-14-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l

if you still dont see my point, listen to this

there are an estimated 20 million illegal immigrants in the United States today,
with about 33% of them having jobs. that's roughly 6 million jobs that American Citizens could hold, as i stated above this economy here is terrible and lets just say each "alien" makes 8.00 dollars an hour, and works 40 hours a week that is $320 a week per immigrant, if you multiply that by 6 million, that is $192,000,000 a week that is going to people who don't even have the right to work in this country, granted its not entirely their fault as there are thousands of employers here in America who would gladly pay cheaper labor, (my math calculations are all hypothetical, it could be more or less than what i have calculated,

[edit on 5/14/2010 by l neXus l]

As far as I'm concerned if your fighting an illegal alien for a $320 a week (that's 250 or less after taxes) you have a serious problem and it's not and immigration problem you need to get your ass back in school and make something of yourself.

As for myself I can't relate to the whole evil aliens are going to take my job bull. I'm an RN and I make 1,300+ a week plus full benefits, and there is plenty of positions available if your qualified.

I'm not going to fight or shed a tear for high school drop outs, and losers they're in the positions they deserve for their poor life choices and should be embarrassed and ashamed that they are legal documented citizens and they're fighting for the worst jobs againts undocumented and in most cases completely illiterate illegal aliens. Shame on them dn:

But with all that said this is america and it's never too late, they need to get back to school and get a real job and make some serious money and quit figtng evil illegals for your $8 dollar jobs.
:

[edit on 14-5-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shake

Originally posted by anonymousproxy

Originally posted by ickylevel
According to native americans, YOU are the illegals immigrants.

Exactly, complete utter racist hypocrites

this is the only reason i dont like being white. Whenever a white person criticizes some one who isnt white its automatically racism. All us gringos should just walk around in clan robes so people have legitimate reasons to call us racists.

i am white

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
the majority of Americans don't even know what the source of the problem is. I mean it's cool that you think only americans should make their opinions known about America, but that's not going to work, considering we have a finger or a hand in almost every country in the world.

but yeah, keep up that uh elitist, holier-than-thou attitude that several other countries hate the US for. who needs friends?!?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
All I have to say...is....
LOL
Dude, you guys aren't the only ones with immigrants.
At least your majority of your immigrants are natives to the land ( well through mexico).
Here in Canada, we also have been suffering from the recession, specifically here in Ontario where the counsellors are mocked daily and made fools of by the local media.
The GTA (Greater Toronto Area) is a joke.
I live in a northern sub-urb and because of our close location to Lester B Pearson international air port.
You can literally watch all the south Asians flow off the planes with the majority intending on never returning to their homeland.
Our government has been so slack on getting these immigrants deported who stay out of turn. I knew guy who used to be a deportation officer and he told me quit because every time he went to work he was taking back people who were good honest people many from britain the country that is responsible for the nations creation. Basically these guys do the same thing as your Mexicans, specifically in the Logistics company often creating a small business and charging dirt cheap and hiring these immigrants for help, paying as low as 5 dollars cash an hour.

In conclusion...Neighbor I hear ya.But as previously said, were letting them do it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

An outside perspective can sometimes be more objective than the perspective of someone living a situation. If you are living it then you are instantly subjective and very possibly biased. You must also remember that many countries are having problems with immigration or have experienced in the past what you are going through now and so their input can be beneficial.

The idea of ignoring the points of someone else just because they don't live in your country is foolish at best. It is only when viewpoints are given out of complete ignorance that they can be ignored.

Here in the UK there are the same old arguments that immigrants are taking jobs, but they're often taking the jobs that no one else wants to do anyway. Not only that but back in the 1960's and 70's when we experienced mass immigration from places like India we had people spouting the same ideas about losing jobs and now those same Indian people are pillars of the community.

Immigrants work cheap but maybe if people stopped trying to have the newest, shiniest thing then they could work those same jobs for the same money and immigrants wouldn't have jobs to work. It's the same here in the UK, apple pickers and asparagus cutters are usually immigrants becuase brits don't want to do those jobs for the rubbish pay.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Non americans? we are talking of Euros, asians, africans Etc.
American is a broad stroke of a word, it describes everyone in this hemisphere.
Lets call us USicans.
But i would be just as angry with a Brit coming over here taking a job from me but, I think most Brits have a marketable skill that doesn't require a basket or a dishtowel.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by g146541]

you racist

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

for both your 2 year visa

A visa does not entitle you to work. To work you have to get a green card. It's not the same thing.

You can get a green card through employer sponsorship, family sponsorship, or financial sponsorship, alternatively you can join the green card lottery.

I can either get a job as an NFL player ( employee sponsership), If I have a relative ( I tried to find a husband quickly, but that felt wrong) over the age of 18 ( so yeah anchor babies take a long time to pay off), or...if I make a significant financial contribution ( Wanna open a business in the US which will contribute to the economy,you're in) Or I can join the lottery, LOTTERY.

I was 5 when my parents came to America, they overstayed their VISA. After the maximum visa time was up there was no way to renew without one of the criteria stated above, so they just kind of disappeared.

We're white, and speak perfect English ( well ok my dad sounds like Arnie, it was hell!). No one EVER asked questions, we had totally legal ss cards, DLs ( totally legal as in they weren't fake, my parents lied and said they were American).

Then 9/11. We knew that was the end. My sister ended up being deported first ( convicted felon ), my mum went back to be with my sister, my dad remarried an American woman, my brothers were American born and serving actively in the military so I couldn't use them as a family sponsorship ( they had to lie to get in...yes my parents are American they said), I held out as long as I could, I jumped through all the hoops, paid all the fees and fines, consulted a lawyer to help me navigate the extremely complicated process, but I'd worked for many years illegally, and I'd even voted, I went to college on a Pell Grant ( US citizens only) - these were crimes, and it take many hearings, and many more forms...in the end I left, I took voluntary deportation.

Worst day of my life was getting on the plane and leaving the country I had lived in almost all my life, the country I loved.

I could have fought on, but frankly I had better things to do with my money.

What chance in hell does a Mexican have, someone who lives on what you spend on Starbucks in a year? Not much of one.
l
In the end, leaving the US was the best thing I ever did. I now live in the UK ( they speak English, I couldn't speak my "native" tongue sufficiently).I am just a few months away from getting my British citizenship, in the meantime I have been contributing my tax dollars and good citizenship to the UK.

You don't care about legal immigration because those people are most like you. It's about poverty and the irrational fear that they will give you their poverty.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This thread and the arguments in it are a perfect example of what is wrong with this country. Everyone assumes there is a grey area here just like with everything else. Stop blaming government, we already know the problems with them. Stop blaming whites, stop blaming it on the horrible situation in mexico now or anything else for that matter. Those are legit but do not matter in this instance.

"Illegals" are illegal. Which, in case noone remembers, means it is illegal for them to be here. It is against the law. Period! Just like murdering someone or breaking into a bank is against the law. There is no grey area. If and until that law changes, they are illegal. Now, we can give them amnesty because of political correctness and because we take into account all the other "things" that people are blaming. But if you do that, then you better start taking into account all the other "things" that could relate to why someone murdered someone else, or robbed a bank. or any other law that someone breaks. Why don't we just give all criminals a clean slate and a fresh legal start while we're at it.

The difference between illegals and American criminals is that illegals break laws every second they are in this country and every time they do something. By being here illegally, it makes everything else they do here illegal. So technically they are the biggest criminals in the country.

The other difference is that American criminals are not forcing America to change it's language and laws to accomodate them. They are not stopping Americans from wearing the American flag, or expressing our pride in America. Illegals are. This is pathetic really. Once again American criminals need to pay and suffer the consequences for any law they break, But not illegals. Once again our American citizens rights are violated but America is worried about violating the rights of illegals. They have no rights!!! Period. They have rights in their country, not here if they are here illegally.

This is a pathetic time for America and it's all because of political correctness and America's desire to kiss ass and be the melting pot of the world. Can you imagine China allowing Americans to go there illegally, give us rights and then start forcing their people to learn our language. It's absurd. Having said all that. If someone wants to come here legally and learn our language as we learn theirs and they work and contribute to our society as well. God bless them. I wish them the best. And if they end up a millionaire and living the dream. Good for them, they probably worked their asses off and the deserve all of it. Just not if they are here illegaly. They are breaking a the law every minute they are here, with everything that they do. And they do not have any American rights that can be violated.

Enjoy this thread and sharing opinions. This is one of those things that common ground will never be found. I will say this. If I illegally went to another country. I would fully expect to be arrested and kicked the hell out immediately. And I would not have the audacity to complain that my rights were violated, to say that I was offended by the waving of that country's flag, or expect 1 single person there to have to learn my language. These are the real things our governemnt is to blame for. For giving illegals and terrorists the ability to even think they have a right to complain about their rights and freedoms in this country.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

yep, think I kinda know where your comin from. what your saying is you can at last empathise with the native American Indians, you know. the original inhabitants of the U.S.A. they were decended on by immigrants who did`nt give a s@@t about them, they just killed and demoralised them till their souls were torn from them. Their lands were stolen from them and their culture all but destroyed. what you are experiencing is KARMA. you know, what goes around comes around, simple. seems you were very happy for them to work for next to nothing when things were fine. They have been exploited by you and you have have got rich from their labour. Now because YOUR banks have screwed YOU,, you take it out on them and want to take what little they have for yourself. I suggest you take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourself this question, when your God gazes on you will it be with pride or great sorrow. AND NO I WONT STFU

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Merigold, it's very sad that when Mexican immigrants try to come into America the legal way, they are punished for it. I think many people are missing the point when US citizens speak against open borders to the US. This country is now a bi-lingual nation and it is truly "press 1 for Spanish". I sympathize with the poverty of Mexico, because I've been there. It's also sad that the leadership of Mexico uses a 'hands off' attitude in helping it's poor as well as other countries, which do the same thing.

I am a native of America and also have native American ancestors and I am not against LEGAL immigration. America is becoming a Spanish speaking country and hundreds of Mexican illegal immigrants coming in steadily will definitely have an effect on the economic system and the tax payers are more burdened everyday. We saw the same thing with the Irish immigrants and the horrible conditions they were subjected to, because of the plight in their own country, which could have been avoided and I don't think they had free health care and education.

I'm angry when I see Illegal immigrants demanding more rights than many US citizens and flying their own flag over the US. I know this wouldn't be allowed in Mexico. The anchor babies currently in the US will be the majority eventually. This was an English speaking country, but not anymore it appears. It's a definite drain on the infrastructure of this country. I really don't care what anyone thinks of my opinions either and I'm not referring to your post, Marigold. People aren't being realistic when they think hundreds of immigrants will not have an effect on a country and it's people. Any country can handle a certain amount of immigrants, but the number of Mexicans coming into America is staggering and debilitating.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Excuse me but I have been working hard since I was 14 years old, I never was spoiled, and was always made to do work, and as far as being lazy, I will do any job it takes ti feed myself and put a roof over my head, as millions of other Americans will do as well, you don't know me so don't judge me

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by awhispersecho

The OP is about non americans posting their opinion about the imigration crisis in the US.

Not about the imigration crisis being black and white or gray.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

As an American, educated in diversity and Psychology, with a wife who legally came into this country and gained citizenship...

Just wanna say OP, you do not speak for me... I'd be willing to bet most non-Americans know MORE about immigration than the typical ignorant MSM-knowledge American.

If you could sneak across a border and make 100 times your salary working at McDonalds AND the government of that country doesn't seem to care? I bet you'd do it too.

Fence / amnesty / enforce the laws.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join