It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Americans You Don't Know Anything...........About OUR Immigration Crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
As of last year the coast was a total of $670, for both your 2 year visa and you biometrics. Paid by Personnel check or money order.
If you hired an immigration lawyer your a FOOL.

The thing you have to take into account is that only the wealthy have $670 to try and get a visa (there is no guarantee you will be approved) in a country where minimum wage is $5.00 a day. That's almost 4.5 months wages at minumum wage.

In crooked countries an immigration lawyer can have "friends" who can make sure things go smoothly.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Yeah I dig it mate.

Not trying to get into a who's got it worse debate, just giving the OP the feedback that other countries have the problem too.

You are right they are selling us out, but there are solutions to these problems some which were mentioned before.

We do need a balance of immigration and I am all for it. Actually a lot of my friends are immigrants some illegal some legal, it comes from being a night shift worker. We need to address the problems with selling off assets to foreign companies, (or in China's case literally foreign countries as they are state run) as well as bringing work back to our shores or at least ensuring the companies that go offshore are making a contribution to making that country better instead of the current trend of letting go and creating what we would consider slave labour camps.

I understand in the US the issues are slightly different, and the same with the UK.

We just need our governments to put the citizens best interest first, followed by others instead of putting companies first then others.

Cheers,
Pablo

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pablos

Yes, I agree with the OP to an extent but people on sites like ATS are obviously following whats going on in the world more than most..

And I think the only reason Australia doesn't have more illegals is because we have NO borders, just shark infested oceans

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

20 million in a population of 300 million means the US has about a 6.5% illegal rate. That's fairly average. A little low perhaps.

You also mention that about 1/3 are in employment, given that 1 service job is created for every 3 people, they currently hold as many jobs as they create, although I suspect the 1/3 is an underestimation.

Basically, the US seems to be in the exact same situation with immigration as every other developed country and the arguments from either side are nearly the exact same all over.

Australia and New Zealand have immigration from South East Asia and Europe has immigration from Central Asia and Africa as well as huge internal migrations from the former eastern bloc countries. You hear the same stupid crap about foreign shops, restaurants, languages, religion, crime and culture-death from bigots everywhere, not to mention the "they're stealing our jobs and women" bollox.

Not to be derogatory, but the fact that you don't know that it's the same all over suggests you're fairly ignorant about the rest of the world.......

....so let me tell you this. If you are unlucky enough to be born into a crappy country and you get the opportunity to get to a relatively good country and make a better life for your family, you take it!!

I'm fairly sure you'd take it and you're damn sure I'd take it. The truth is, illegal immigrants are doing exactly what I'd do in their situation, what anyone worth their salt would do in that situation. Maybe you should try learning a little about the world and thinking about it from a few different points of view before you post any more crap about the special immigration situation in the US.

If none of that helps you unbunch your knickers, think about this, there are a hell of a lot of people in the US that take their freedom for granted and piss all over it. Somebody who's walked across the border has just risked life and limb for that same freedom. Who do you want to stand with?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I take issue with your thread on the simple fact that AMERICA is not the only country in the world that has illegal aliens ........... the UK and most of Europe do too.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Although I agree with what you say the OP still has a point.

Yes Australia has a similar amount of illegals but we don't have them carrying guns over the border and shooting at the locals.
We also expect our Goverment to do everything in their power to stop them.

The stealing jobs, bludging off welfare etc, is a world wide issue though.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
THIRD WORLD IMMIGRATION INTO AMERICA: IMPORTING POVERTY, NOT PROSPERITY.

We have now a declining economy to account for that.

Third World immigration into the United States of America has boosted poverty levels, put millions of Americans out of work, contributed over 25 percent of the federal prison population, and has placed a tax burden of billions of dollars on the US taxpayer.

Can hard working legal tax payer Americans feel the hit in their pockets, I'm sure are.

We should gather the 12 to 13 million illegals we have here with their chidlren and send them to the Eurpoean countries and see how good their immigrations laws are compare to the US.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

If none of that helps you unbunch your knickers, think about this, there are a hell of a lot of people in the US that take their freedom for granted and piss all over it. Somebody who's walked across the border has just risked life and limb for that same freedom. Who do you want to stand with?

I stand with those who came in legally myself. If you can't follow proper dirrections to get into the country, then you shouldn't be here. Plain and simple.

I'm actually for much more strict laws in reguards to immigration and getting into the country legally. Illegals should be shipped out ASAP. Just my thoughts. Americans need these jobs, people who have a right to work but cannot because some illegal alien has already taken it.

I realize that this country was based on immigration, and it is a great melting pot, but there are proper ways of getting here. Those ways need to be followed for the safty of everyone, immigrants and the overall population in general.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have a dog that I feed outside. He is a good little feller.

I put a dish of food out, he eats it and then comes in and goes to bed.

He earns his food by protecting my house, and getting my paper and all the other little things good little doggies do.

2 months ago I noticed another dog hanging around his food dish.

The stray dog ate his food and then left, no paper, no protecting.

A day later there were 3 dogs there along with my one. I kept putting out extra food, cause Dorian is a nice guy like that.

well, after a month of this there were 15 dogs all showing up at feeding time, I was running out of food, my dog was going hungry and his job now included protecting my house from the VERY dogs that came by his dish for bites of food.

I solved this little problem by feeding my doggie INSIDE THE PROTECTED BORDERS of my home.

The dogs eventually went away and our dog food ecomony returned to normal.

Lesson learned.

Dorian Soran

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
THIRD WORLD IMMIGRATION INTO AMERICA: IMPORTING POVERTY, NOT PROSPERITY.

We have now a declining economy to account for that.

You have a declining economy on the back of reckless lending and stock market roulette, as you well know.

Third World immigration into the United States of America has boosted poverty levels,

From what to what? Real poverty of relevant poverty, gimme some facts.

put millions of Americans out of work,

rubbish.

contributed over 25 percent of the federal prison population

I think you'll find that prohibition is what's adding to the prison population.

and has placed a tax burden of billions of dollars on the US taxpayer.

which is chump change compared to the banks and military industrial complex, perspective, please!!!

We should gather the 12 to 13 million illegals we have here with their chidlren and send them to the Eurpoean countries and see how good their immigrations laws are compare to the US.

If you could gather the illegals, surely you'ld send them back to their country of origin!! That's the kind of half assed thinking that creates an immigration mess.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
well the reason i posted this thread is because i made a phone call today, to my cell phone company, and i had to prompt it to speak English, the voice said, for English press "1" for Spanish stay on the line, it pisses me off that i have to choose my own language and its not just automatic

at least in your countries your language isnt being taken over by Spanish

[edit on 5/14/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

The truth is in the pudding, even government statistics can not lie, unemployment is at an all time high, our deficit is growing to the point of not return, even with the manipulated figures in the government is not way to hide the truth in America and illegal immigrations is helping to the downgrade of of the nation, even our education system can not compete with developing countries anymore.

Illegal immigration is not about rich wealthy immigrants with high education levels invading our states and our nations, most illegal immigrants are poor people with very minimal education or none.

More Than 80% of Latino Children Unable To Read at or Above Grade Level by 4th Grade.

www.hispanictips.com...

I used to work with Illegal immigrants and many of their children never has been in school, because their parents never went to school either or only accomplish to finish some of the grade school.

So in the US we have to force this people to send their children to school, I had in my group children already too old to be in first grade that never saw the interior of school until they came to the US, by the time they were in their teen years they will drop of the system to work without achieving any education at all.

That lower the standards of the adult population in the nation when it comes to education.

New study shows most Latino students drop out of high school for economic need

It's estimated that there are 6.2 million high school dropouts in the nation. Contrary to what some say, it's the high school dropouts who are fueling the rise in our prison populations according to a new study.

Consequences of Dropping out of High School: Joblessness & Jailing for High School Dropouts & The High Cost for Taxpayers details how while young Black high school dropouts are disproportionately represented in the penal and juvenile detention system, the problem cuts across racial lines.

Male dropouts of all races were 47 times more likely to be incarcerated than their peers of a similar age who had graduated from a four-year college or university.

An earlier report examining the dropout crisis found that of the 6.2 million high school dropouts, the vast majority are male, Black and Latino. The report's authors recommend that instead of expanding prisons with new facilities, there should be more investment into programs that keep dropouts in school.

www.latinalista.net...

Importing Poverty: Immigration and Poverty in the United States: A Book of Charts

In 1963, President Lyndon Johnson launched the War on Poverty with the goal of eliminating poverty in the United States. Since that time, the U.S. has spent over $11 trillion on anti-poverty programs, providing cash, food, housing, medical care, and services to the poor and near poor. Today, government provides a generous system of benefits and services to both the working and non-working poor. While government continues its massive efforts to reduce poverty, immigration policy in the U.S. has come to operate in the opposite direction, increasing rather than decreasing poverty. Immigrants with low skill levels have a high probability of both poverty and receipt of welfare benefits and services.[1]

www.heritage.org...

Most illegal immigrants will be feeding off the Welfare benefits and services in the nation.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by End Of Babylon

No links to your claims?

The personal computer (PC), which is also called the microcomputer and was designed for use by one person, was first developed for businesses in the early 1970s. Digital Equipment Corporation made the PDP8 for scientific laboratories. Steve Wozniak (1950– ) and Steve Jobs (1955– ), college dropouts who founded Apple Computer in 1976, are credited with inventing the first computer for home use. Working out of a garage, they spent six months developing the prototype (initial model) for Apple I. Yes, they're white, but it makes no difference who invented the first PC.

I don't happen to believe the Vikings were black. They were described as tall, blond or red-haired barbarians and "Eric the Red", who founded the first Nordic settlement in Greenland, wasn't called "Red" for nothing.

While your busy knocking down the white man, maybe you can invent something to help humanity.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
well the reason i posted this thread is because i made a phone call today, to my cell phone company, and i had to prompt it to speak English, the voice said, for English press "1" for Spanish stay on the line, it pisses me off that i have to choose my own language and its not just automatic

at least in your countries your language isnt being taken over by Spanish

[edit on 5/14/2010 by l neXus l]

Being in a spanish speaking country that has seen a boom in call centers opening shop in my country and also having worked in one, I would say that your cell phone company may have outsourced its support to a spanish speaking country. When a caller presses one he gets routed to a bilingual operator and if not any available operator takes the call in spanish.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

no they haven't. i have sprint which is located in Overland Park Kansas, in the United States, it just upsets me that my own Native language is being fizzled out by all of the Spanish speaking people in my country, (IM NOT RACIST BY THE WAY)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I am with Telstra here in OZ and they are 50% Goverment owned yet I still speak to an Indian when I call, and yes I asked where there are.

You would think our Gov would keep the jobs here but no, hell they buy a lot of defence goods from Asia....

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Do you not think we have a right to an opinion on this issue, its a thread on here, and we can judge from our moral standpoint.

Europe has had many problems that may be different than usa, but we can stiill take an outsiders view of it all.

I say open all your borders, like what europe does.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

you can have an opinion,

open our borders? you are crazy, we would turn into the largest drug and gang country in the world

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Here's what I could find about Sprint and outsourcing.

Call center outsourcing Call centers are one of the most popular businesses that are outsourced nowadays. In recent years the cost effectiveness of setting up call centers overseas has grown with leaps and bounds. The success of outsourcing call centers can be seen in the fact that many global and Fortune 500 organizations such as General Electric, American Express, Sprint, Dell, AOL, and Amazon.com have improved their cost efficiency by outsourcing the call center parts of their businesses. This shows that indeed call centers are a great way to increase profits, recruit skilled cheap labor and boost a company's revenue.

This is from Call Center Outsourcing

Not saying it's good or bad but it is true.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

that is very interesting, cool find

i asked the gentleman i spoke to where he was located, he said Kansas, he was def American

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join