It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To All Oil Spill Gloomers---RELAX!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I believe you to be a troll, Op.
You are obviously posting this to upset the majority of the folks who care about the Earth, like 96% of the people who visit this site.

There's the people who totally believe the MSM, there's those who question the MSM, and there's those like you who go in the complete opposite direction.

Why don't you research how long it took for the Valdez to get cleaned up as well as how many animals & sea creatures died as a result? Then, multiply that by 3 & you'll be in the ball park of the damage BP is accomplishing.

By the way, if you ever get shot in the head ~ chill out! 93% of your body is left intact.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
By the numbers...

Exxon Valdez...Estimated Leakage...10 M Gallons, 250,000 Barrells
en.wikipedia.org...

BP Oil Spill..No one knows for sure

Minimum 5,000 Barrells a day....with (according to BP Execs) Potential to rise to 60,000 Barrels a day.

BP Oil Leak May Soar 12-Fold If Dome-Cap Plan Fails
www.businessweek.com...

BP ups spill est. from 5,000 to 60,000, feds gave BP free pass in ‘09 study
dailycaller.com...

As many as 60,000 barrels a day could be spewing from beneath the sea bed, threatening environmental disaster, though the official figure is put at 5,000 barrels.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

WASHINGTON — In a closed-door briefing for members of Congress, a senior BP executive conceded Tuesday that the ruptured oil well in the Gulf of Mexico could conceivably spill as much as 60,000 barrels a day of oil, more than 10 times the estimate of the current flow.

The scope of the problem has grown drastically since the Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded and sank into the gulf.
www.nytimes.com...

OK? We could be looking at 60,000 Barrells a day. If BP is saying maybe 60k barrells then I tend to believe them. They have every reason to give low estimates. This isn't the media's numbers.

Exxon Valdez was 250,000 Barrells...this is 60,000 A DAY!!!!!

That means we have eclipsed Exxon Valdez by my math and are heading toward the worst oil spill in human history....1 mile under water...not an easy fix.

All we are doing now is waiting for it to wash up on shore.

Someone please show me I am wrong.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 11-5-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

You sir can believe anything you want. But I have posted links and information on why I believe what I believe. All you gloomers have done is taken personal attacks at me and posted pictures from an Australian oil spill. And all of you just keep on regurgitating the talking points you see on the news and use those as "proof" that this oil leak is the end of the gulf and all of humanity.

Attacke me personnally all you want, I'm still right and you're still a....gloomer.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Thanks for breaking that down for us. We also need to remember that this isn't the run-of-the-mill Alabama Sweet they originally thought it was & is going to be much more difficult to clean up.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by Ikema

yes, yes, you're right, there is bids and fish flopping all over the coastline right now gasping for a breath of clean air. oil is lapping the beaches, fishermen are begging in the streets, dogs and cats sleeping together, it is the end, the end I tell you! zombies are running up and down the streets!!!! run!!! run!!!

Wow really? Why did you even make this thread? Just to create arguments I presume? My 8 year old daughter likes to do that too..

Please cite all of your facts you have given during this entire thread if you want to even redeem any credibility. However, it will still not change anyone's opinion that this is a disaster, no matter how you cut it. There are very few people shouting "doom and gloom" about this event as you make it out to sound. Rather, the general consensus is that it is something to be concerned about and it will have an impact on many people lives as well as kill way too much sea and wild life.

Also... to the rest of us

"You guys all have been boondoggled" Here is the solution to the rest of this nonsense.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"I am done with this thread."

[edit on 11-5-2010 by samureyed]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

You're straw man is really pretty. Can you put one up for me too?

Ikema said nothing about the world ending or fish and birds dying left and right. Are you not able to make counter arguments? Or are you only able to respond to people with gross rhetoric?

So far you've told us:

--I didn't see oil everywhere (as if you're limited view of a disaster that stretches for miles and miles is the only one that matters)

--Tar balls occur even without oil spills (as if any tar ball that shows up on the shores now has nothing to do with the oil spill at all)

--There was an oil spill that was much bigger than the one we're dealing with now (when all you're doing is comparing an oil spill that is no longer occuring to one that is and is projected to continue for months at a rate of a quarter million to a million gallons a day)

How does any of this prove that we are all over reacting considering anything we present to the contrary is not an acceptable source to you because the only acceptable sources are the one's YOU present.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This is the most ignorant thread I've ever read on this site. I can't believe anyone would have the nerve to log on here and try to tell us that this ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER is "not that bad". Especially here on ATS.

Well, if 200,000 barrels of oil a day(last estimate I've read) being pumped into the ocean with no solution or end in sight, isn't "that bad" then I'd hate to think what an ignorant person's idea of "that bad" actually is. I'm disgusted with this thread and wish there was a way to deduct stars for posts.

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Someone please show me I am wrong.

Ok babe, I can help you with this one.
Lets agree on the 60k barrels. 1 barrel = 42 gallons.

between these two incidents a total of 227 million gallons (5 million,446 thousand, 761 barrels)were dumped into the Gulf. This occured in approximately 46 days.

June 3, Gulf of Mexico: exploratory oil well Ixtoc 1 blew out, spilling an estimated 140 million gallons of crude oil into the open sea. Although it is one of the largest known oil spills, it had a low environmental impact.
July 19, Tobago: the Atlantic Empress and the Aegean Captain collided, spilling 46 million gallons of crude. While being towed, the Atlantic Empress spilled an additional 41 million gallons off Barbados on Aug. 2.

At our current rate of leakage we would need to leak for 90 days to equal the size of those incidents.

Now tell me, why our incident WORSE that those two?

Our situation is better becasue of the depth (more water and currents to disperse in)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just WonderingWhat makes humankind so vein as to think little tiny human can damage Earth?

Dude, the USA alone has the ability to destroy the planet 50 times over. Ever heard of nukes? You're in denial, and you can't even spell. It's VAIN, not VEIN.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by rizla]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
www.comcast.net...

SHIP ISLAND, Miss. — Federal wildlife officials are treating the deaths of six dolphins on the Gulf Coast as oil-related even though other factors may be to blame.

Blair Mase (MACE') of the National Marine Fisheries Service said Tuesday that the carcasses have all been found in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama since May 2. Samples have been sent for testing to see whether a massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico helped kill the dolphins.

Mase and animal rescue coordinator Michele Kelley in Louisiana said none of the carcasses has obvious signs of oil. Mase also said it's common for dead dolphins to wash up this time of year when they are in shallow waters to calve.

The Associated Press found dolphins swimming and playing in oily waters off Louisiana last week.

Oh yeah, everything is just fine - just do us all and yourself a favor and shut up

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Yes, sure attack me all you want but you are the one comparing nukes to an oil leak.

Some of you can't deal with facts and reason so you resort to attacking the messenger. Sad really...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

I'm glad you agree with me

Mase and animal rescue coordinator Michele Kelley in Louisiana said none of the carcasses has obvious signs of oil. Mase also said it's common for dead dolphins to wash up this time of year when they are in shallow waters to calve.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by rizla

Yes, sure attack me all you want but you are the one comparing nukes to an oil leak.

Some of you can't deal with facts and reason so you resort to attacking the messenger. Sad really...

You are not very intelligent. You said little man cannot affect the Earth. I proved you wrong. Learn to spell.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by WWJFKD

I'm glad you agree with me

Somehow I knew you would take the bait - so here's the deal. If any of these dolphins which have washed up on shore (not tar balls) have died due to the oil leak will you agree to revoke your membership?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Is that the best you can do? dissect my spelling flaws?
I'm glad we have geniuses like you to help our spelling skills.
Now go away the adults have business to attend to.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

No, there will be plenty dolphins washing up dead due to the oil...plenty of dolphins, turtles, fish and birds.
I never said there wouldn't be. Oil spills and leaks are bad for the environment. Your point?

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by WWJFKD

No, there will be plenty dolphins washing up dead due to the oil...plenty of dolphins, turtles, fish and birds.
I never said there wouldn't be. Your point?

Just so long as there's no tar balls right?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Tar balls are naturally occuring. Do you not believe that?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hey!!! lets blame it on the true evil ones for all of this spillage... The Dinosaurs... They are the ones who had to go off and die millions of years ago and make all this bad oil anyway... How come nobody is putting the blame on them.. DAMN those huge lizards for making us suffer like this... DAMN THEM ALL!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join