It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To All Oil Spill Gloomers---RELAX!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Yeah, you're right that looks nothing like this USGS pic of the the Islands.
ngom.usgs.gov...
Now, please stop lying. The damage is already being done, regardless if you have any pics of oil on sandy beaches(yet). How can this oil be contained if they haven't even stopped the leak yet?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

I see no reason whatsoever to relax.

just one question.
did your not-relaxing take away any drop of oil?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ok
just sayin...

DO SOME RESEARCH AND STOP THE DRAMA.

Can you please show me or send me too your Expert research? Then I will make my own decisions Thank you very much

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by getreadyalready

yes we could all go all day speculating the doom and gloom for all its worth but the facts are this:
It has happened before with more oil leaked and and in less favorable circumstances.
Did the world end?
No.
will the world keep turning after this is over? yes.

will we even remember the doom and gloom scenarios in ten years?

I'm guessing no.

I am not just wondering , thankfully. I am guessing. It is likely that you will remember this in 10 years time. Have you heard of Hiroshema?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It's unfortunate you so poorly understand the current situation or the available research.

Perhaps you should look at these links:

If 50,000 barrels (or 2,100,000 gallons) of oil a day is an accurate number, in November, the size of this disaster will exceed the largest of its kind in history...the Gulf War Oil Spill:

Gulf War oil spill

The Gulf War oil spill is regarded as the largest oil spill in history, resulting from actions taken during the Gulf War in 1991 by the Iraqi military.

It caused considerable damage to wildlife in the Persian Gulf especially in areas surrounding Kuwait and Iraq. Estimates on the volume spilled range from 42 to 462 million gallons; the slick reached a maximum size of 101 by 42 miles and was 5 inches thick. Despite the uncertainty surrounding the size of the spill, figures place it 5 to 27 times the size (in gallons spilled) of the Exxon Valdez oil spill, and more than twice the size of the 1979 Ixtoc I blow-out in the Gulf of Mexico.

The wikipedia article continues to say:

According to a study sponsored by UNESCO, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and the United States, the spill did little long-term damage. About half the oil evaporated, a million barrels were recovered and 2 million to 3 million barrels washed ashore, mainly in Saudi Arabia.

So maybe we get lucky.

But the crude is different...and the locations are different. And none of the solutions being discussed right now look like they can be accomplished in the next several months...or that they will even work.

I suppose we'll all know soon enough.

See also:

Or these threads:

The Scale of the Deepwater Disaster

Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick - Than BP Admits

Expert Recommends Killing Oil-Soaked Birds

So is this spill the end of the world? Perhaps, not. But to deny the obvious severity of the current situation, and the very likely consequences, is as ludicrous as the fear mongering you denounce.

Good luck with your research.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

I think you're onto something here. A list of posts JustWondering has made, almost all in oil spill threads:

Link

Very first post on ATS (emphasis mine):

There may actually be more to this disaster that they have not released yet.

Then, 5 days later, JustWondering supposedly sees the damage first hand and SUDDENLY it's all hyped up:

This is much ado about nothing!

So JustWondering goes from a "gloomer" to mocking every single person that believes the very same thing he/she did just days ago.

Glad your so much more enlightened than the rest of us.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

yes, just keep on spewing gloom and doom from the same souces eventually you'll have everyone hyped up.

oh, and it is a leak not a spill.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

yes, i too was worried until i saw first hand (unlike some of you) so i can see why you gloomers are worried. but now that i know better this is much ado about nothing.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So, aside from the obvious beef you have with semantics, is that the only meaningful comment you have?

Which source link(s) do you specifically object to?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by nunya13

yes, i too was worried until i saw first hand (unlike some of you) so i can see why you gloomers are worried. but now that i know better this is much ado about nothing.

What about me?

You didn't respond to my first hand knowledge? I have been there. I have talked to people advising Governor Crist. I am in the economic climate that is most directly affected? I was at the Beach yesterday.

How do you plan to discount my experiences or knowledge? What should I say to that poor woman who waited on me yesterday? Should I just tell her to Relax?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what happens when a Hurricane enters the gulf and whips up the oil and water into a foamy frenzy as it makes landfall...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Regardless of what you saw, it doesn't mean you should go around stirring the pot just to make yourself look so much more enlightened and informed than everyone else when you yourself "fell" for the hype, as you call it.

I mean, you are calling people "gloomers", "sheeple", and questioning their intelligence. Just a few days ago you were in the same boat as everyone else.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

yes, just keep on spewing gloom and doom from the same souces eventually you'll have everyone hyped up.

oh, and it is a leak not a spill.

You are trying to make it sound like my first car. Needed to top up the oil

every 2 weeks because of the "leak".

This is SPEWING unchecked between 50 to 100 thousand barrels a day.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Sean48]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

This is SPEWING unchecked between 50 to 100 thousand gallons a day.

Yes, I think "spewing" is a much more appropriate term than "spill" or "leak".

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by nunya13

Originally posted by FlySolo

You are not an expert and you don't know how this will play out.

Are you sure?

Yes, I am sure...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yes tell her to relax, it is not as bad as the MSM and the environmental loonies would have you believe.
The USCG, Navy and BP have the leaked oil contained and will have the hole plugged up in a couple of months.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

This is SPEWING unchecked between 50 to 100 thousand gallons a day.

Its actually between 245,000 gallons (5000 barrels) and 3 million gallons(60,000 barrels) per day. Assuming BP's own estimates of up to 60,000 barrels, and the on-site estimates of 5,000 barrels.

Some where between a quarter million gallons and 3 million gallons per day, and no matter what it is spewing today, tomorrow will be worse because the holes are reportedly being eroded and enlarged by the flow of sand and oil!

link   
reply to post by 911stinks

QFT

Still waiting on a respose to this from JW.

link   
reply to post by Sean48

Been worse leaks and spills and spews in the Gulf...did you know that?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

WILL IT CHANGE WEATHER PATTERNS (no)
...while the sun fuels the breakdown, decomposing even the most complex of oil's components over time. The warmer the water temperature and the more sun exposure, the faster the oil breaks down.

Um! in the Gulf Coast region - The warmer the water Temperatures - The worse the hurricane. But thanks for setting our minds at ease.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by WWJFKD]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join