Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A Message To All Oil Spill Gloomers---RELAX!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
Let me guess, you work for BP? You've been on hear since May 3rd spewing disinfo about the spill.

What's your agenda?

yes, yes, disinfo backed up by facts and links UNLIKE the gloomers who use only feelings to back up their clams.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Again I ask OP

Please show us/me the basis of your "Facts". No speculation, no hearsay no I went to the beach.... just the facts....Then I/we can see your side clearly

PPPPlease

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yes tell her to relax, it is not as bad as the MSM and the environmental loonies would have you believe.
The USCG, Navy and BP have the leaked oil contained and will have the hole plugged up in a couple of months.

LOL! Thanks! I feel better now, except the Coast Guard Rep that I talked to just before he went into a meeting with the Governor did not tell me it was at all contained? Actually, he frowned a little and said, "How?" There is no possibility of containment! ZERO! They have put up a lot of barricades to protect some of the barrier islands and wildlife refuges, but that is a small percentage of the actual contamination! At this point, they are seeking to contain the beaches and marshes, and concede the ocean to the oil!

It will reach the Gulf Stream and the North Atlantic Current. That much is certain at this point. I guess in a sense, the Atlantic Ocean is "contained" by the surrounding continents, so there must be nothing to worry about?

Also, lets not forget that this oil is thoroughly mixed with the sea water at all depths. The "containment" is only at the surface and the shore line. The deeper water is not at all contained, nor will it ever be!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Exactly my point!
finally someone gets it!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Yes I know some fish and some sea going birds will be affected. I am saying that the hype is just that hype!

It has been 12 days? since the spill and yet [B]not one square inch of beach has been touched by the oil

Are you kidding me? I live in LA and I assure you from the news here, there is oil washing up on shore. I live on the west side of the state and there were globs of oil washing up here already, and the slick isn't really near compared to other places.

Deny Ignorance friend

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

yes, yes, disinfo backed up by facts and links UNLIKE the gloomers who use only feelings to back up their clams.

I"m leaving now and going back to Loam and ActivePatriot's threads. ActivePatriot was a skeptic like you for a day or so, and then he actually did some research.

You have not disputed anything I have said, and you read Loam's links and claim they are inflated by the MSM? You discount all the amatuer video and photography, and you ignore first hand experiences. What is their left to discuss on this thread?

The only thing enlightening or encouraging about the past 3 pages of replies is the fact that hardly anybody is giving you any credit or acceptance. That is ATS at its finest!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
Are you kidding me? I live in LA and I assure you from the news here,
Yes, yes uhu, the news..you were saying?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Exactly my point!
finally someone gets it!

So was this thread Farce from the beginning? Sarcasm? If so, well played I guess, although I don't think you needed Sarcasm to open anybodies eyes? We are all pretty much aware of the severity of the situation!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

It goes beyond the news, my cousin went to the beach to ride and he said there were black globs on shore. You can't debunk fact, no matter if it's some news source you don't believe, or your OWN EYES. Before you go saying nothing is coming up on shore, take a walk and go check for yourself. I don't think you're spewing disinfo, I think it's sheer stupidity.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

reply to post by ventian

wow your eyesight is amazing if you can see the shores from 4 hrs away.
how about jumping in a boat and surveying the shores?
too much trouble? you'd rather spew off drama on ATS?
ok whatever makes you feel good.

I presented the facts and put a check beside each one. You so far have only provided speculation while trumpeting that we should relax. I vacation there most every year and planned on doing so this year. Now I can't because the spill is going to destroy the beaches. Maybe it is bigger to me, because it is nothing for the local news to go down there and report it. I really didn't believe you were a disinfo agent as some said you were, now I am starting to wonder.

So if I might ask. The spill is not the worst ever is your reasoning behind relaxing. If it takes 90 days to cap it, will you be the first on here to admit you were wrong?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
I am not sure i can use this card......

but since your short time with ATS you seem to be all about the OIL?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You raise a very valid point, I just reviewed his post history and pretty much every one says the same thing...hmmm. Furthermore, the OP has been quite evasive when accused of being a dis-information agent on this thread.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
Are you kidding me? I live in LA and I assure you from the news here,
Yes, yes uhu, the news..you were saying?

Yeah, didn't you know, Estharik? JustWondering has the only info we will ever need regarding this spill anything you hear from anywhere or anyone else is all lies and disinfo. JW has the all the info that really even matters.

I'll be sticking to this thread so I can get up to the minute updates regarding the oil spill straight from the only source that matters, JW's. I assume the news will be complete with pictures, interviews of others (besides JW) that are witnessing this first hand, and arial shots to show us how much of a non issue this really is.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Didn't you know, Estharik? The black globs are a natural occurance. Seeing more of them on the shores that line the Gulf is merely a coincidence. There's some other reason for the increase in tar balls washing up to shore. Has nothing to do with the oil spill. JW says so. I'm going with that.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The USCG, Navy and BP have the leaked oil contained and will have the hole plugged up in a couple of months.

Stop pulling "facts" out of your backside.

Provide a single credible source saying the leaked oil is contained and the hole plugged in a couple of months.

The company said that work on the first relief well, which is considered a permanent fix and began a week ago, continues and is expected to take 3 months to complete.

Link.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I refer you to this post: post by nunya13

There was a time LONG LONG ago (7 days that is) that the OP was a gloomer just like us. But now JW has seen the light and it is we who are the "sheeple". Ergo, this thread that exists solely to let us all know how much we are all a bunch of idiots who believe everything we hear. We only need to believe what the OP is saying then we will gain his/her respect. I can't wait.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Work continues to collect and disperse oil that has reached the surface of the sea. More than 275 vessels are being used, including skimmers, tugs, barges and recovery vessels.

The volume of dispersant applied to the spill on the surface amounts to over 315,000 gallons since the spill response began.
Intensive operations to skim oil from the surface of the water also continued. Some 90,000 barrels of oily liquid has now been recovered.

The total length of deployed boom is now more than 1 million feet as part of the efforts to stop oil reaching the coast.

The cost to date of the response amounts to about $350 million, including the cost of spill response, containment, relief well drilling, commitments to the Gulf Coast States, settlements and federal costs.

SOURCE: www.bp.com...

Here is a link with all the latest maps of the oil spill.

www.bp.com...

Here is NOAA's Information Link

NOAA LINK

[edit on 11-5-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
OK everyone calm down.

Let me be quite clear, I am not attacking anyone but the overwhelming history of statements made by OP yields the traits and manifestation of serious mental illness. Denial is commonly emblematic.

Denial is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

Source

Despite the irrefutable evidence to the contrary, I can only assume the OP suffers from schizophrenia or seriously diminished mental faculty.

Might want to consider that as it seems the only logical reason for such arrogant dismissal of reality. Raw crude oil is spewing at the rate of tens of thousands of gallons per day and the fragile ecosystems of the Gulf will be impacted for decades to come in ways we can't even imagine yet.

I live in Florida, this is happening, this is serious and this is real.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join