It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To All Oil Spill Gloomers---RELAX!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Let me ask you this. Maybe this particular event is not of such a scale but what about the ramifications of where it happened? What do you think is gonna happen when a hurricane potentially a large hurricane pushes that oil inland in a 20 foot storm surge. Do you not think that will be a significant event with far reaching consequences. And do keep in mind, people do live down here.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

OP, I understand what you are thinking but with that kind of thought our planet would have been gone long ago. We need to keep these big companies on their toes so we don't get left with the short end of the stick. Remember the Exxon Valdez Alaska incident? They are still feeling the pain because of a spill.

If it wasn't a big problem as you suggest than we could let the leak continue on without it effecting us. The second relief hole will take a few weeks to a couple of months to drill. That is a long ways off. What if another problem strikes this event?

These a-holes should have had a safety measure in place. Why not just have one rather than scramble and spend more money to try and fix it?

Their logic is to suck as much money from consumer pockets as possible. We can't let this slip.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This guy's a troll. I wouldn't waste my time. LEARN TO SPELL.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Doesn't it sound really bad though?

Isn't there a very heavy oil rig sitting right over a hole spewing out oil? Isn't the said hole 4k feet under the ocean?

Weren't they trying to shoot tires and golf balls and other stuff at it to plug the hole?

Doesn't that mean that they cant exactly just move the oil rig out of the way of the hole?

???

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

A huricane would definetely hamper containment efforts...yes it would be bad.
Hell even rough choppy seas are hampering the containment efforts right now.

My point is that, yes it is bad but it is not worthy of the end game spin that is being put on it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I agree with everything you said.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gouzze

NO YOU ARE WRONG. Oil is an evil man made substance that was created by the big oil companies and purposely placed in the earth so they could just run around destroying the planet by encouraging people to buy their SUV's.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

It isn't the worst we had but this is spill is still very unacceptable. We need to hit these guys with massive fines to show it is better to have safety protocols and not need them than to not have them and do need them.

My thought when I first read about the spill on the news is are there any safety measures?

IMO, any spill is a terrible tragedy. I am an animal lover so these kinds of environmental disasters irk me in the worst ways possible. I would not only fine them, but I would double it just because I can.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

The gulf has seen worse and I'm sure it will see even worse than this. What makes humankind so vein as to think little tiny human can damage Earth?

This is what the corporate right wing cheerleaders always say....the big think tanks made them think this way s its not really your fault.

Tiny little humans cant damage the earth?

How tiny are termites? Get a few million of them and they will destroy your house.

Get 6 billion tiny humans demanding oil and all the manufacturing we require and yes we have and are damaging the earth.

The thing is she keeps sending warning shots across our bow but the hordes of brainwashed corporate boot lickers keep everyone from taking her seriously.

One day if we do not listen she will get rid of us before she is damaged too much. We are as part of nature as anything and she will send us the self destruct signal (maybe she has already) and we will get rid of ourselves.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i live in Bay county, florida and let me say one thing. Their is chunks of oil floatin up on our beaches, which our 2 main income sorces in this county is fishing and tourism.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
This guy's a troll. I wouldn't waste my time. LEARN TO SPELL.

Actually, I think this troll is a woman. Reason being, she used the word "hun" while directing a question to another poster.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Didn't Mother Earth create the oil in the first place? Didn't Mother Earth create the methane gas which helped initiate the accident?

Haven't mass extinctions and climate changes been occurring for millions of years without the assistance of mankind?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
soooo, when will the OP consider this a serious matter? His definition of a oil spill may be different than mine, but at what point in this mess will you consider it a "nightmare"??? kinda like the USA being in a war with enemy that we created...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

You live in Los Angeles, and you mean to tell us that oil from the Gulf of Mexico has spilled out of the gulf, traveled around south america, washed all the way up the western south american coast along chile and has made its way past the western mexican coast and is now reaching Los Angeles?

I find that rather hard to believe. Don't get me wrong, this is a disaster, but as of right now it is nowhere near as bad as it is being made out to be.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Indictment against BP for current oil spill.

BP shall be made responsible for the:-

1. Deaths of 11 innocent riggers and failure to ensure safety standards are complied at all times.

2. Failure to ensure that the oil flow cut off valve works through tests at sea level and at operation levels.

3. Failure to immediately take concrete steps to close off the oil spill, but instead wasted time in searching for untested solutions that were intended to continue the operation of extracting oil to the surface.

4. As a result, livelihoods and ecological imbalances had occurred, and the unhindered oil flow will subsequently affect world wide ecological and livelihood catastrophies.

As such, it will be unciounable to allow a capping to BP's financial restitution. Their crime is too big and justice must be served with no delays or paid legal attempts to hamper such justice.

BP must pay and should it go into bankruptcy, its assets will be sold to another oil company and paid to creditors.

Forthwith, it behooves investigators to watch out for any anonymolous bank and corporate transactions of assets to other names or shell corporations.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
reply to post by Estharik

You live in Los Angeles, and you mean to tell us that oil from the Gulf of Mexico has spilled out of the gulf, traveled around south america, washed all the way up the western south american coast along chile and has made its way past the western mexican coast and is now reaching Los Angeles?

I thought the very same thing at first, then I realized it was Louisianna

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I have been very reluctant to refer to this incident as a leak as it does not accurately portray the impact of what is taking place here and happily I have video to stress my point. For me personally I will no longer refer to this as a leak, and a spill (rightly pointed out earlier) would also not be accurate. This is a gush - a constant gush.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This thread should have died after the first reply responded without reading the op. Either that are some people really are that ...

I've seen a lot of made up stuff in this thread. Someone stated 2 years is what the army corps of engineers said before it's plugged. That's funny going off my memory they said two years is how long it would take to cement the dome to the leak... Big difference.
Don't get me wrong...this spill is bad and if bush were still in office how many of you would be blaming him for doing nothing? Also paranoid people in this thread saying this is happening for a reason. Lol gotta love the brains of ats in the morning

Also this whole subject reminds me of another quality past ats post...oil is infinite and never will run out. I think a couple years ago. Wish I could find it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
What do we know of this situation?

A rig sunk - why - not known (only speculated)
The well to which it was attached is now fully open to the water
several fragments of pipe are still leaking

Started out as 5,000 barrels a day... now 50000? 100000? 150000? No one will say

Navy submersibles filmed the oil spewing from the remains.... NOT released to public - why? who knows?

continues...

If I could star you 10 times I would. That's what I like, just the facts. No more, no less.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I too hate to bump this post up but I am tired of reading Just Wonderings ranting about how small this leak is, the leak is still in its infant stage and we have no idea how long it is going to continue, how much oil will Leak and what its ultimate effect on us will be.
And honestly I don't see any harm in being concerned whereas JW seems to think that no matter what we do no harm can come to the planet and our food sources so lets just carry on and *&$# it all up. Who cares, we won't live forever and why should we care about future generations?
Nice attitude JW!

edited to change "spill" to "leak" just in case!

[edit on 12/5/10 by wiser3]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join