It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Taking this to u2u so as to not jack YOUR thread.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The bigger problem is that our schools teach a very biased perspective on history.

For example, in the Mexican American war, Mexico was the aggressor, they declared war on the U.S. and attacked the U.S., included in their plans was taking Louisiana. This was done at the encouragement of the British, who were still mad at the U.S. over losing the colonies. They thought they would win.

Mexico laid claim to California, but the people of mixed Spanish decent who made up the colony of California did not recognize Mexico's claim, and Mexico never controlled California.

However, the way our schools teach it, the U.S. is made out to be the aggressor, when just the opposite is true.

Mexico tried to create a government modeled on the U.S. constitution, but the wealthy families that control Mexico used their power and influence to prevent Mexico from ever developing into a legitimate Republic.

This is also not taught in schools. If Mexican Americans were taught the truth, they would probably be a lot more loyal to the U.S., and push for Mexico to change, which is what needs to happen.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Thanks for the history lesson.

Revisionist history is a detriment to society.

One MUST understand history, or one is DOOMED to repeat it!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
If Mexican Americans were taught the truth, they would probably be a lot more loyal to the U.S...

I don't think so. You know how screwed up the US is and you're still loyal to your death to it. Me, too. If anyone knows the worst of the US, it's those of us here on this forum. And I don't see any lack of patriotism (nationalism) and loyalty to the US here...

People love their countries. And as much as everyone is complaining about these kids being offended, you all sure are offended by what happened.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Excellent post except for one point.

I know for a FACT that illegals are used to keep prices down in the construction industry.

Not to keep prices down, but to keep profits up.

Do you ask yourself, who was in charge in the 1980ties when this mass immigration process began?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
United States Code Title 4, Chapter 1 - The Flag
Section 8 (Respect for Flag), subsection (d.) states that the flag should never be worn as an item of apparel.

So for all those jumping up and down ranting how this is America, and we should be able to do what we like, please take into consideration that the T-shirts were actually anti-American as they were flagrantly disrespecting the flag (by being apparel). One side is that the principal, by asking them to remove such apparel, was actually being respectful to the flag and showing his patriotism.

I'm not taking sides here, simply showing that there are always at least two valid sides to every argument. I agree that Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican hoilday, and not a US holiday and is therefore 'optional' for all. However, one must take into consideration whether these flag wearing students regularly wear such items, or if they were doing so based simply on the timing, to cause effect. Are these students known for extremist views? Perhaps they were trying to cause a stir, rather than just being 'patriotic' (there are plenty of ways to show patriotism, not just wearing a shirt!).

I agree that the whole PC thing is getting out of hand, and oversensitivity is rampant, but that should not preclude the fact that there still should be some sensitivity.

The principal's actions may have seemed overzealous, but he is subject to calling into question any factor that may cause unrest in his school.

Was the principal wrong? Possibly.
Were the students wrong? Possibly.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
America...and fellow Americans.

We have a war on our hands on our own soil. Against the Elite and their minions...Illegal Immigrants. From Bankers to Corporations gone rogue, to lawmakers who CONSTANTLY legislate to tank our nation on PURPOSE.

From Presidents who wage wars in our name and Israel's, Presidents who pledge allegiances to other Nations and Councils, Police State laws on citizens while Illegal members get kid glove treatment, from Corporate Media brainwashing the masses and dividing us with the Right/Left paradigm and using 'race' as a trump card, from lawlessness and lack or respect for our Sovereignty and RULE OF LAW.

We are at war.

As far as what is relative to this thread...Illegal Immigrants, proponents thereof, sympathizers, enablers, coyotes, drug runners, Calderon and the Mexican Government, cartels, Media personalities that encourage this lawlessness.......

Should be fought now and fought hard...or else we might never regain our Republic.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

ETA: I changed the word "relevant" to RELATIVE (what was meant) so Heretic doesn't have a fit.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

What do you mean "who" was in control.

You are not going to blame a head of the two headed snake are you?

Sorry, I am 43 years old just recently. Reagan was a conservative til he got shot. The next day he was no longer a conservative.

Our country is NOT a Constitutional Republic, it is an Oligarchy with it's powerbase of the Corporatocrasy.

No problems with my dissemination of information. Possibly a misrepresentation or a misinterpretation.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
As far as what is relevant to this thread...Illegal Immigrants,

What do illegal immigrants have to do with this thread?

Your assumptions are prejudices are showing.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

As far as what is relevant to this thread...Illegal Immigrants,

What do illegal immigrants have to do with this thread?

Your assumptions are prejudices are showing.

Illegal Immigration is relevant. The usurping of our society by Mexico is relevant.

"Relative"...I meant...excuse me.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I know how badly our country has been screwed up over the last 30 years, and I see our biased educational system as the blame. Most immigrants get it. I know, I am a substantial minority in the community where I live. My attitudes about immigration are shared by most of my immigrant friends.

When you start telling people the real history, they are usually astounded, for most it is a revelation, some it only makes them angry. Those who get angry when confronted with the truth, don't have good intentions anyway.

Oh yeah, Canadians are Americans.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

We're talking about American citizens here, not illegals.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

The recent Bill in Arizona and Illegal Immigration has no tie or undertone to these actions to AMERICAN CITIZENS? Well blow me down. I'll gladly take my posts elsewhere "moderator".

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Since I do not want to spend time rehashing the same info, here is a little info for you-

Yes, I was going by memory, since I posted a number without investigation, here are some stats.

From this site-DHS

Persons Obtaining Legal Permanent Resident Status: Fiscal Years 1820 to 2009

2005 1,122,257
2006 1,266,129
2007 1,052,415
2008 1,107,126
2009 1,130,818

Now, I am sure these numbers do not include all legal immigration.

So, since 1980 we have had 26 Million Legal Permanent Residents alone.

Holy crap. I never knew these numbers were this high!

This does not include naturalized citizens, amongst other legal immigrants.

This also does not include people on visas for work and school.

So how many people are we funneling into the US of A?

[edit on 5/6/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here, I'll make a post MORE RELATIVE to this thread.

American flag= BAD

Mexican flag = GOOD

America= LOSE

Any [snip] questions America?

Censor circumvention removed

[edit on 6/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by intrepid

The recent Bill in Arizona and Illegal Immigration has no tie or undertone to these actions to AMERICAN CITIZENS? Well blow me down. I'll gladly take my posts elsewhere "moderator".

Feel free. It'll keep the staff from having to "off topic" your posts.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Edit: Damn code AGAIN!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by intrepid]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

ETA: This isn't about the Mexicans or the Mexican kids. I don't like how many posts seem to blame this on them. They are allowed to be offended and to complain. They have the rights, too.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

It's not the students' school--any of the students. The school belongs to the public. I'm sure that this school has a list of prohibited clothing provided to students--I know mine did. I'm also pretty sure "American Flag" shirts would not appear on that list (I would say 100% sure if it were any city other than San Francisco). Students don't make the rules, the community does.

I apologize if it seems like I'm being nit-picky about your choice of words--but I think this is an important point. This nationwide feeling of entitlement and lack of respect for authority has gone way too far. If another student is offended by something another student is wearing, they need to either get over it and stop expecting the world to bow down to their personal wishes, or follow the proper steps this country allows and maybe get their parents involved in the local school board or something.

In my opinion, the principal in this school has no other obligation than to enforce the rules that are clearly laid out for his district. Anything that falls outside of that needs to be left to the students and their parents to work out.

If wearing an American flag t-shirt to school gets that kid into a fight, then so be it. I'm not condoning or wishing for violence, but fights in school happen and always will--and guess what? Most people survive those fights. I know I got pounded a few times throughout my school years. I think it actually made me a stronger person. Seems like every day now there's something that happens to demonstrate the massive "wussification" that continues to go on in our country. I can tell you for sure my kids will wear any kind of school approved shirt they want, and if another student wants to intimidate them for that, my children will know how to stand up for themselves whatever the outcome.

link   

So how many people are we funneling into the US of A?

I think we need to lower the limit by one person.

on OP:

If an American wants to wear an American flag t-shirt in the United States...well by God HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO!!!

The only reason it's an issue is because some people out there decided to make it one....as if we don't have enough BS to worry about as it is.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Clearly I am not a fan of Reagan or his ideas, but I will give you this, I don't think Reagan was ever in charge. However, his freedom fighters were fighters against freedom, and I am willing to admit that corrupt sectors of our nation do some very bad things down south.

We are not quite yet an oligarchy, but we are heading in that direction, and we need to find a way to kill both heads, and drop a burning torch on each to keep them from coming back to life.

The way our liberal education system teaches history, and their support of illegal immigration is a huge problem.

See my signature below.

Edit to add, I completely agree with what you are saying about the immigrant numbers.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by poet1b]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join