It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
I dont know how anyone can call these kids punks.

I'd get their back if they needed it.

Also, seems like a classic exercise in 1st amendment rights to me. I'd sue that school into oblivion.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

God all mighty!!

And of course there always has to be some dumb, fat, hideously ugly creature claiming to be a Mexican interviewed for their opinion only so they can say one of the most retarded things i have ever heard in my life.

This just can't be possible....

I swear you Americans are either using CGI or Hollywood cosmetics to disguise white people as retarded Mexicans on your news shows.

But in any even an american should never, never, never be treated like a second class citizen for using their won God Damn flag at a school.

Americans need to start rioting in Washington over the total neglect of your bare necessity rights. Screw the Mexican Americans Storm your White house!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is what happens when you bring trash in instead of take it out.

VIVA LA RAZA! Long live the Mexican KKK.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Dude don't support or affiliate yourself with a group like that....

Common man be an immigrant of light not one of darkness.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

Dude don't support or affiliate yourself with a group like that....

Common man be an immigrant of light not one of darkness.

Sorry, I was bing sarcastic. I see groups like La Raza and the Aztlan movement as a threat of the same magnitude as the KKK or Nazi movement and naturally I deplore them.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

i'm just kidding ya.

I'd say they are even worse because they are a bit dumb.

As bad as the KKK and the Nazis are at least they know what country they are in

La Raza....god couldn't they have picked another name, one that would have set them far apart from the Mexican people would have been nice.

Like La Dumbarsses or something.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I agree and am behind the school for doing this 100%. If this would've been done when I was in high school, the violence there would've been lowered significantly. There were constant "riots" big brawls at my school. 5 de Mayo was not a day of celebration at my old school. Arriving to school in the mornings, Police buses were already lined up in the middle of the school. Possibly as a warning, (although none of the kids cared), and to prepare for what was about to happen. There was one 5 de Mayo in particular that was the worst. I'm 21 now, but I was a Mexican-American Junior at Compton High School. Going to school there you really had to watch your back during this time, (Although it happened year round) no matter what race you were. Black, Latino, White, or Samoan. Racism is a very bad problem at that school and it always seemed to happen the worse during celebrations of this nature.

During this particular 5 de Mayo, the celebration during lunch was well under way. But you could already feel the racial tension brewing as the Blacks would stay on one side of the senior square and the Hispanics on the other celebrating our holiday. It started like always, people waving America flags and yelling the same racial comments. "Go back to Mexico, you're not wanted here, things of that nature. Well things went from celebration to full on riot in 5 minutes at the most. I didn't participate in the fighting as I don't celebrate 5 de Mayo, and I could care less what comments you throw at me. But when this riot was over. Many kids were handcuffed and in the police buses. A black male was stabbed in his right hand, kids would be hit with police batons and some even pepper sprayed. Even females would participate in the fighting and sometimes even get attacked by males. Shots were fired, although not inside the school, a "drive-by" you can call it. No one was injured and I never found out if it was aimed at the school or was a random shooting outside the school. But the school went on lock-down, walking to my class I could see blood in the hallway from when the black male was stabbed, blood outside from all the fighting, It would look like a war zone from a movie.

It's why I agree with this school sending those students home. Because kids at my school would bring American flags only on that day, only to instigate, and start the violence. If they want to show there patriotism, then why do it only on 5 de Mayo? Why not bring them during American celebrations? I never saw them wearing or bringing flags during labor day, memorial day, or any American holiday. I'm pretty sure this was the intentions of those kids sent home, only to instigate and cause problems.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Of course we'd see a story like this in a PC society in which we've become! Wouldn't want to offend anyone who wasn't born here, now would we?!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The students should have politely asked: "Is 'lawsuit' one word or two?"

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CaliLove310

Please, you just described a prison. I suppose people had shanks also?

I notice you said OUR holiday.

hmmm, are you kind of prejudicial on the story?

Cinco de Mayo is not a recognized holiday. Mexico does not celebrate it, so why is it celebrated here?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo, in fact, I don't celebrate any holiday. I was being serious 100%. I know it may sound hard to believe, but not everywhere are schools all fine and dandy like in the suburbs. Only reason you dont see these type of things blown up all over the news is because it's not happening in the suburbs. Throughout my four years in high school I saw many rioting, been in a couple of lockdowns because of shootings in or around the school, stabbings, beatings, burnings of school property. Anybody who attended my high school at the same time I did can back up my stories and will have stories of their own to tell.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
All they have to do is where a Tshirt with the US Civilian Flag.

Nobody would recognize it. It used to fly over this country:

www.barefootsworld.net/uscivilflag.html

It's the US peace time flag. Flown before the illuminati took over America on their global conquest.

It's the Anti-Mason US Flag.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join