It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
My first Post! Long time watcher now jumping in the pool!!!!!

I feel that this is a major offense on the part of the Administration. Had this been a person of white heritage telling students they couldn't wear an African type tee shirt or a Latin type tee shirt or couldn't wear a Mexican type tee shirt that individual would have been called a racists and suffered major consequences with in there job. To not Discipline this administration is a slap in the FACE to all Americans, not just members of a certain race. Not only is this person in position of authority a racist they are also bordering on an act of Treason with this blatant disrespect and there obvious non American agenda.

In my opinion they need to be subject to a huge pay cut and or job loss. You can not have our American Teachers and administrators who are paid by TAX paying U.S.A. citizens bashing America.

Racism is in every place. Americans just can't focus on one part of the problem. Every Race is being subject to Racism and all offenders regardless of there race, minority or majority should pay equally for there ignorance.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

If an American wants to wear an American flag t-shirt in the United States...well by God HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO!!!

See my post above about the Flag code. It's disrespectful to wear a flag as an item of apparel. Americans are able to wear the flag, but it is in poor taste, disrespectful, and unpatriotic as it is against United States Code.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm not even into the whole 'flag waiving' thing as a pride factor and this story makes me angry. The flag of our country is 'offensive' to certain people for "Cinco De Mayo". What's to say they won't be 'offended' on any other given day of the year?

What next? The whole MONTH OF MAY is off limits? And what about the parents that have to be called off work to come look after their kids because faculty decided they need to go home or leave?

This is America right?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by piddles

piddles, I spent 5 of my last 7 years in Fresno California.

I know for a FACT that illegals are used to keep prices down in the construction industry. FACT, PERIOD!

I left as many others did back in 08. I myself feel that some type of amnesty, where we situationally decide who is allowed to stay and who is forced to leave, needs to be decided.

Sorry, the main reason I left Fresno was the criminal, I am not talking drugs, I am talking MURDER, RAPE, ASSAULT, etc etc etc.

Yes, it ROYALLY sucks the situation in Mexico. I actually felt sorry for my subs and their employees. I made calls several times. Not because I hated anyone, but because I thought it was the best thing to do for our country.

I felt like a piece of crap everytime I think back to the times I called the INS or ICE.

Here is the thing, our government here in the US of A uses everything in it's arsenal to divide us. Including flooding the US of A with immigrants. Both legal and illegal. Just the numbers on permanent legal immigrants is 26 million since 1980. Do you understand what that means. If you took all immigration and work visas, the US of A has allowed in the neighborhood of 55-100 Million people to emigrate to the US of A since 1980.

Do you see the problem? Do you see that maybe this was a plan all along?

I mean seriously. To flood a country with this many immigrants to a nation, does this NOT raise some kind of question?

You must understand that we as a nation, worry about our very existence. We must worry about the fact that something is under the very reasoning behind the flooding of our country?

respectfully, though I see some similarities to the situations, I don't know if hiring illegals is exactly the the issue here. However, since you wrote a long, respectful reply, I will return the favor.

1. Up north is ghetto as hell, I won't deny that. I have friends from Roseville (near Sacramento) and that place was a hellhole.

2. However much it sucks, I think you're doing the right thing. My dad (works construction, is in Local 250) has caught heat from his employers, and even the union for expressing his dislike of working with illegals. It's a safety hazard more than anything, the language barrier could be the death of someone. As bad as it might seem to call the authorities, it's good. It makes the company more accountable, because honestly, any company that cuts corners when it hires people has got to be doing somewhere else as well. It comes with being dishonest, I suppose. Hiring illegals keeps the cost down so the savings go directly to the employers because they know they don't have to pay these people much and have the power to call the authorities on them, which is what keeps them from complaining about it.

3. I don't know if I see anything sinister about these actions, it's more just the US not being smart about regulation while trying to be the exemplary nation "land of the free, home of the whopper" it makes itself out to be. I think for a short time, there was a nationwide obsession with the fact that the US is made of immigrants so the idea of more people coming here made so much sense, it was widely encouraged. It blew up in our faces. When we started making it tougher to even come here, let alone be a citizen, the business of counteracting these laws started to flourish (selling other's personal information, border coyotes, etc.).

what do you think?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic Honey

I completely agree with your post. This school does have a dress code. I read it. It gives the school officials a lot of leeway as to what they can find offensive.

While I don't think the kids should have had to change their clothes (even totally ignoring it would have been better than what happened), I always try to see the other side of an issue and that's what I'm doing here. I'm looking at the complete picture (as much as we have of it anyway).

Speaking of what might have happened, what if, after school, fifteen students decided to get together and meet these 5 kids behind the school and kick the ever-lovin' crap out of them? THEN what would people be saying? That the superintendent didn't do enough to protect the kids. Yes, the aggressors would get into trouble, maybe suspended and maybe arrested, but 5 innocent kids could have gotten pretty beat up.

These things are never as clear-cut as they seem on the surface.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

We're talking about American citizens here, not illegals.

The recent Bill in Arizona and Illegal Immigration has no tie or undertone to these actions to AMERICAN CITIZENS? Well blow me down. I'll gladly take my posts elsewhere "moderator".

uh there's undertones of the situation but all the people involved in this story are legal citizens and are not making any kind of dispute of this nature. It comes across as you trying to tack this onto another situation to make it relevant to a point that no one really cares that you're trying to make.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
Yes it sounds crazy but i think the principal was concerned that the kids were going to get the S beat out of them. If there are a majority of Spanish kids in the school and the white boys stood up to them it would not be pretty.

They were probably looking for trouble, looking to start a fight like a lot of people on this forum are. Some people will do anything to start a fight.

Again i don't know if i agree with how it was handled but i think the principal was looking out for the kids.

OMG good point! I just wish you were around in WW2, you could have told the Jews to stop practicing Judaism, because it might get them "beat up" by the Nazis. This story made my blood boil in such a way that I truly feel like hitting something. I will refrain from doing so, as I broke many a knuckle in my teenage years doing exactly that with my anger. If I had read this story 3 years ago, I would have a handful of broken knuckles. So wearing your countries flag is "looking to start a fight"....

Man... I really dislike the way you think.
Your post is almost a microcosm of what is wrong with today's America.

Edited for grammar

[edit on 6-5-2010 by i944002]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

It's disrespectful to wear a flag as an item of apparel. Americans are able to wear the flag, but it is in poor taste, disrespectful, and unpatriotic as it is against United States Code.

Really? I see them all the time...and those who wear them feel they are being patriotic. I have a shirt with the US Flag on it.

Now if someone was walking around with an ACTUAL flag all cut up to make a shirt...well that is different. That isn't the case here though.

Just don't see the big deal in this.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Hiring illegals keeps the cost down so the savings go directly to the employers because they know they don't have to pay these people much and have the power to call the authorities on them, which is what keeps them from complaining about it.

Quite. Not just the construction industry, but in California (as well as other states) the produce industry. Agriculture depends on migrant workers.

If the farmers were forced to use either minimum wage legals, or union workers, you and I would be paying $7 or more a head of lettuce.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3773MC

In my opinion they need to be subject to a huge pay cut and or job loss. You can not have our American Teachers and administrators who are paid by TAX paying U.S.A. citizens bashing America.

Ok, welcome, and thanks for jumping in. I would like to disagree with this. While I understand your feeling that this was un-American, how would cutting the pay of teachers and adminitstrators help? They will just find other jobs, perhaps in other job sectors. Quality of what is in our school systems is an issue. They do not get paid well, so I wonder about your theory. Should cutting their pay, allowing people who would settle for less be of benefit to the students? Are you suggesting scraping the bottom of the barrell to replace these people? There is an old saying, and I sort of agree with it.........."Those who can, do, those that can't, teach. Mind you, your suggestion would be an influence on students of the general population. Not just for the kids who chose to wear t-shirts in bad taste.

Racism is in every place. Americans just can't focus on one part of the problem. Every Race is being subject to Racism and all offenders regardless of there race, minority or majority should pay equally for there ignorance.

So, does this mean you? You're obviously against school administrators and teachers! Hey, they have a rough enough job to do, as it is!

edit to fix quote

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is the part where I think you have it wrong.

it's more just the US not being smart about regulation

It is not lack of competency in preventing illegal immigration, the solution is simple, set up a nationwide program so that employers can easily identify whether their employs are here legally, and start enforcing the laws. Start fining employers heavily for violating those laws rather than going after the immigrants.

If the federal government wanted to stop illegal immigration, they easily could.

The wealthy elites want immigration because it is the new form of slavery.

What does this have to do with schools?

Part of the plan is for our schools to teach a biased version of history in order to promote racism, prejudice, and division, so that illegal immigration and the enslavement of the masses can continue.

Thus you have schools actively discriminating against the majority.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Excellent reply!

I know I have seen your responses before and you usually respond to idiots on the immigration issue as they SHOULD be responded to.

That being said, I have seen the numbers. I swear, our country HAS to be doing this on purpose. HAS TO.

I do not know why, I cannot understand it. Yes, in the good ol days where unemployment rates were at a steady 5% I could understand, SLIGHTLY.

Wages have been stagnant for many decades, but prices for other things have risen. I know production, manufacturing, construction, and accounting QUITE well.

Our country's population has stagnated, we as a society had purposefully decided that we would provide for our children accordingly. For some reason, unknown to me, the government thought that the US of A had to increase our population. Maybe they thought it was a cold war of population?

Hell, I do not know.

Sometimes I think I know their machinations, then it just becomes wiffs of smoke.

I worked for land developers that subcontracted EVERYTHING out. I was an employee of a company with 4 employees. Though I supervised 100's of people, none of them were employees.

Could that be the answer? To destroy the power of the workers? To destroy the power of the labor pool? To destroy the power of the normal worker or their wage?

Time will tell I guess.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
Yes it sounds crazy but i think the principal was concerned that the kids were going to get the S beat out of them. If there are a majority of Spanish kids in the school and the white boys stood up to them it would not be pretty.

They were probably looking for trouble, looking to start a fight like a lot of people on this forum are. Some people will do anything to start a fight.

Again i don't know if i agree with how it was handled but i think the principal was looking out for the kids.

In 1967 I was told by the principal not to do anything "unpatriotic" for my
personal safety. Here we are 43 years later and students are told not to
do something "patriotic" for their personal safety. Seems Kafkaesque to see
the exact opposite become the reality. Welcome to the future.
The threat of violence is alive and well even on ATS.
You and your post may be deleted at anytime.

*&^%$# (*&^% ) (*)&^%
This section censored.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'd like to hear the students give an interview on camera and tell the WHOLE story of what type of things were said by faculty. I think the picture painted would even seem worse than already is.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Speaking of what might have happened, what if, after school, fifteen students decided to get together and meet these 5 kids behind the school and kick the ever-lovin' crap out of them?

First of all, it wouldn't have happened that way, Mexicans weren't even a majority in the school, two of the kids were of Mexican descent, and these were high school jocks wearing the flags.

The kids making the threats most likely would have gotten their clocks cleaned.

Chances are greater that it was the kids making the threats that the Mexican American principle was protecting. This was a clear abuse of authority.

If he wanted to do something, he should have made some sort of announcement encouraging celebration for the U.S. and Mexico, and throw in something about people making violent threats will not be tolerated.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

actually, good sir, going after the people who employ illegals or make it easier for them to be here is exactly how I feel about the situation. If you check the "Arizona has done the nation a favor" thread, I got into a huge argument with Jean Paul Zodeaux about that, with him saying my anti-business rhetoric would put innocent people in jail (because he was making my ideas look extreme in an underhanded attempt to make me look foolish)

I strongly feel it's a waste of money to send people away who are just going to come back in some new clever way. if there was no incentive, they wouldn't come here. However, it's legally the right thing to do if you call and report an illegal being hired here, just sayin.

edit: which leads back to what I said about America not really enforcing regulation. that's where I draw that conclusion from.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by piddles]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'd like to hear the students give an interview on camera and tell the WHOLE story of what type of things were said by faculty. I think the picture painted would even seem worse than already is.

And I would like to hear the whole story about the kids wearing antagonizing t-shirts on a specific day.

In fact, lets interview them all, side by side, so we can get the whole ball of wax!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Atomic Honey

I completely agree with your post. This school does have a dress code. I read it. It gives the school officials a lot of leeway as to what they can find offensive.

While I don't think the kids should have had to change their clothes (even totally ignoring it would have been better than what happened), I always try to see the other side of an issue and that's what I'm doing here. I'm looking at the complete picture (as much as we have of it anyway).

Speaking of what might have happened, what if, after school, fifteen students decided to get together and meet these 5 kids behind the school and kick the ever-lovin' crap out of them? THEN what would people be saying? That the superintendent didn't do enough to protect the kids. Yes, the aggressors would get into trouble, maybe suspended and maybe arrested, but 5 innocent kids could have gotten pretty beat up.

These things are never as clear-cut as they seem on the surface.

I have a lot of respect for people that do their research and try to explore multiple viewpoints of a given situation. It's nice to find so many people here on ATS like that, and apparently you are one of them. Sounds to me from what you said that a big part of the problem here might be the fact that the principal is given too much lee-way in the dress code. Maybe the school district could benefit from a "Dress Code Code" to help specify and define what it and what isn't appropriate. When I was in school, the rules were very specific and not open to interpretation. One time the code had to be amended because the dress code prohibited the wearing of any shirts that showed your belly button. So of course, a bunch of us smart-ass boys and girls decided to show up in school wearing half-shirts and put a piece of black electrical tape over our belly buttons. Ah, those were the days. If only I could wear half-shirts today without disgusting people...but I digress.

I get what you're saying about several guys jumping on one or two kids after school and that the outcome could be bad. But I teach my children not to get into situations like that. If my kid knew there was a chance something like that was going to happen, I'd like to think he'd take steps to not put himself into that situation--I don't mean giving in and not wearing an American Flag shirt--I mean either reporting the potential threat to the school or even to law enforcement; or maybe just calling me up and saying "Dad, I need you to pick me up after school today--I'll be waiting inside, and I'll tell you about it later."

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

thinking about it a bit more, it's probably just money. for the sake of saving a few bucks on millions of people so they get millions of dollars.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

And I would like to hear the whole story about the kids wearing antagonizing t-shirts on a specific day.

In fact, lets interview them all, side by side, so we can get the whole ball of wax!

I didn't know that wearing a shirt with the likeness of the American flag was "antagonizing'. But yes, let's hear both sides...good idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join