It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Umm...

Don't really know what to say... Personally, I think I woulda struck that ignorant piece of crap in the face if I were those kids. Maybe we should start deporting the illegal supporters.. they seem to cause more problems than the illegals themselves.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I bet 5 you're only mad that it's an American flag.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

I could care less about 'the flag'. The years when all the Bush Bots waived it around to show their "colors don't run" frothing at the mouth, I laughed. I usually said, "It's a piece of cloth", as my default response.

Seems to me, you're just a typical poster who puts people in 'boxes' because they may disagree with you on a given subject. You never know who is on the other end of the computer.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Okay, anyone bringing up dress code.

WHERE the hell did you people go to school?

If someone told me I was not allowed to wear something in school, they would have gotten a LITTLE visit from my father!

I am and will always be your friend, until the point that you tell me to act or to embellish my point of view.

I will always back ANYONE'S right to express themselves. Yes, SOME schools have dress codes. THIS one did not!

The whole thing is that the IDIOT principal wanted to control the situation by NOT allowing FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!

So right now, KMA!

If anyone, EVER tries to subjugate FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION around me, you will get an earful. Besides THAT, to limit someone from WEARING or DISPLAYING the flag of the US of A!

I will say it again, KMA!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

And I'll bet 5,000 that you peg me for a "Republican"...huh?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

heyyy heyy I'm making assumptions, not insults

I dunno, I'm looking at your posts and that seems to be your initial and remaining outrage. If I got it wrong, sorry chief, but that's the impression I get.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is just a syptom of the PC world we live in. It is really just the result of percieved peer pressure. I have observed that most people are not very brave or bright. When working in the public sector you learn that the "system" is ALIVE. It does not give 2 bowel movements about any individual that comes to deal with that system. The system eats people spiritually. You learn this. The administrator saw some percieved future tumult in his school. Not being very brave or bright he demonized what he considered troublemakers. I assume he is American and so he died a little bit spiritually. Instead of getting creative or very bright and figuring out some other solution, he just did what he did. He may or may not lose his job but it is a good bet he would have, had some violence occured and it was determined he knew of the possibility beforehand. Simple bureaucracy. These kids with their patriotism were kicked in the teeth. If they capitulate, they will die a little bit too.

link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I went to an overcrowded magnet school, if someone's parent would have came on behalf of their child because of the dress code, the school would have just said "whatever man we don't need them here anyway" (paraphrased :lol

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But these kids weren't simply being patriotic. They were making a statement. A negative statement toward Mexico and Mexicans. They planned it ahead of time. From everything I've read, I'd have to conclude that they were trying to cause trouble.

Says who? You? Not one time did the article referenced say anything about making a negative statement towards Mexico! That is your spin.

BH, since you are so good at mind reading and knowing what these kids intentions were, perhaps you could enlighten the rest of us on what will be the outcome of the crappy mess Obama and congress have gotten us into.

This is your opinion, and that is it. While you are entitled to it, there are no facts to back up what you are saying.

When I said foreigners, I was referring to their ethnic background! Geez!
do we have to spell it out for you?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
America, how little we knew ye!

I believe this selection will be especially fitting for this day.

link   
reply to post by piddles

Hey piddles, you HAVE to remember, a LOT of us that USE to be repubs have moved on.

You Dems have to realize that the time is NOW. We have to eliminate the powers of the two headed snake!

Anti incumbency, 3rd party, NOW!

Or the same thing will continue. As ol Einstein use to say-"To expect a different result when you continue to do the same thing, is the definition of insanity"!

link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

heyyy heyy I'm making assumptions, not insults

I dunno, I'm looking at your posts and that seems to be your initial and remaining outrage. If I got it wrong, sorry chief, but that's the impression I get.

Outrage, yes. After reading this story, CORRECT. Why? Because I live in Los Angeles and see daily this type of stuff happen to Americans. Even as I type this, I hear the electric drill of a worker I KNOW to be here Illegally (he's a neighbors friend), working on a house below my balcony.

Yes, THIS issue has me outraged daily. Many times to an admitted unhealthy level.

But don't assume anything about someone.

This isn't just an issue for Republican White Males, as the media would like to portray.

Come to Los Angeles sometimes and spend a few years here. Let's measure your level of anger then...and we can compare notes.

link   
reply to post by David9176

It is a big deal both because printing shirts with flags on them for commercial gain is against the flag code, and if you were to wear that shirt then the image is considered the embodiment of the flag and therefore any stains, rips, etc are considered to be a stain or rip in the actual flag. And because shirts arent kept forever, it is considered an item of temporary use. See my second post (on page 7) for clarification of the reason behind this part of the flag code.

The bottom line is the limitations on representation and use of the flag is meant to preserve its dignity and keep it from becoming a common place item, rather than the solemn and living embodiment of American ideals and principles it is designed as.

[edit for clarity]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by USAFJetTech]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

haha dude I went to Hamilton Highschool in West LA, I used to live at Vermont and Santa Monica in central LA, I lived in the valley (north hollywood) for 10 years and I currently live in Santa Monica

and I'm mexican. trust me, I know all about this.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

haha dude I went to Hamilton Highschool in West LA, I used to live at Vermont and Santa Monica in central LA, I lived in the valley (north hollywood) for 10 years and I currently live in Santa Monica

and I'm mexican. trust me, I know all about this.

Good, then as an American who is a "Westsider", you should be outraged by what you see too. No?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
FIRST AND FOREMOST.............IT IS DISRESPECTFUL AND ABSOLUTELY TACKY AND UNAMERICAN (even though idiots Americans do it) to wear clothing made out of or emblazoned with the American flag.

The flag should never be displayed with the union (the starred blue union) down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.[3]
The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery",[1] or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general (exception for coffins). Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
The flag should never be drawn back or bunched up in any way.
The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed, or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations.
Flag lapel pins may also be worn (they are considered replicas) and are worn near the heart.
The flag should never have placed on it, or attached to it, any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind.
The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
The flag should never be stepped on.
The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle, railroad train, or boat.
When the flag is lowered, no part of it should touch the ground or any other object; it should be received by waiting hands and arms. To store the flag it should be folded neatly and ceremoniously.
The flag should be cleaned and mended when necessary.
If the flag is being used at a public or private estate, it should not be hung (unless at half staff or when an all weather flag is displayed[4]) during rain or violent weather.
When a flag is so tattered that it can no longer serve as a symbol of the United States, it should be destroyed in a dignified manner, preferably by burning. The American Legion, Boy Scouts of America[5], Girl Scouts of the USA[6] and other organizations regularly conduct dignified flag-burning ceremonies, often on Flag Day, June 14.
The flag should never touch anything beneath it. Contrary to an urban legend, the flag code does not state that a flag that touches the ground should be burned. Instead, the flag should be moved so it is not touching the ground.[7]
The flag should always be permitted to fall freely (This was not the case during the Apollo 11 moon landing when the US flag was reinforced by a horizontal bar at the top to allow full display even in absence of an atmosphere and the resulting lack of wind activity.)

That being said...........godbless those kids for standing up for their country. What the hell was that principal thinking? Those Mexican/hispanic/latino or whatever the hell they call themselves can KISS MY WHITE LILLY ASS! Take your sinko del taco mayo celebration back to Mexico. We are fed up with anything and everything that's Mexican. As long as the illegal immigration situation is out of control I'm boycotting everything and anyone I can that's mexican and doesn't support the USA!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'm outraged that this story got to be as big as it is. ranting against illegals and such is still promoting some kind of justice but I feel making a story like this so viral creates anti-mexican sentiment for more than just illegals. This story had nothing to do with illegals and it got you upset about them, especially because an American flag was involved

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
That being said...........godbless those kids for standing up for their country. What the hell was that principal thinking? Those Mexican/hispanic/latino or whatever the hell they call themselves can KISS MY WHITE LILLY ASS! Take your sinko del taco mayo celebration back to Mexico. We are fed up with anything and everything that's Mexican. As long as the illegal immigration situation is out of control I'm boycotting everything and anyone I can that's mexican and doesn't support the USA!

ROUND THEM BEANERZ UP, THEY TOOK OUR JERBS, IF THEY AIN'T AMERICAN, NUKE EM GOD BLESS US EVERYONE OF US CEPT FOR THOSE DANG OL BROWN PEOPLE

come on, man, really?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
THIS IS AMERICA!!!! NOT MEXICO! When the F@#! did we become second class citizens in our country. If there Spanish-Americans then they are Americans and that is the flag they should honor..... This country is getting so F@#$ed up.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I'm outraged that this story got to be as big as it is. ranting against illegals and such is still promoting some kind of justice but I feel making a story like this so viral creates anti-mexican sentiment for more than just illegals. This story had nothing to do with illegals and it got you upset about them, especially because an American flag was involved

Nope, again read what I said about "flags", and stop ignoring my posts.

And yes, stories like this are 'HOT' issues when a subject like Illegal Immigration is at the forefront of news. I am guilty of jumping on it also. But people need to understand that this story makes people angry because of what it 'says' about where our society is headed. How we are being socially engineered down to the school level.

THAT is what makes me angry. The 'flag' is just a symptom of the underlying problem.

And just out of curiosity. Do you see yourself as a Mexican American, or an American with Mexican lineage? Humor me.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join