It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

One line replies are frowned upon, much more so one WORD replies, but, in a word, "YES".

It's a dead horse that Cheesy is beating, yet the compulsion seems to still be there to beat it back to life! Never, in the history of the world, has anything ever been beaten back into life. Strangely, Cheesy thinks it's possible. No matter, really. It will just add yet another dimension to The Book, another indication of the compulsive hoaxing these folk engage in, and verification of that.

It make's one's efforts SO much easier when the opposition provides the necessary ammunition!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I for one, wouldn't want it spread across the world that a space visitor requested that we
should take him to our 'larder'!!
Neither would I, especially if the signal was meant to play a game with us & actually meant, "Take me to your ludo!"
You know, scholarship... latin... ah, nevermind

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
wow... that's all i can say.. wow

this is one of the best threads that i've had the pleasure to spend my last 4 hours looking through... radio signals, transsexuals, ats=cia, disinfo, lawsuits... keep this one going

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The variable charge allowed by Selenium used on the toner drums of Xerox machines is what allows for varying shades of gray in copies, rather than a simple "black/white" image. Depending on how much light hits the drum from the original, the static charge induced there allows for more or less toner per unit area - depending on the strength of the static charge at that particular point.
Well, IDK how a Xerox machine works/ed, but what you're describing with selenium sounds like a transistor. The only way I can think that a light sensitive diode could be involved is if it could react to what would in effect be a high frequency strobe light source (ie not simply brightening & dimming in response to AC current) & this produced something like hysteresis that left more "on" than "off" as a result of more light hitting it. I just cant see that working too well in solid state components - you never get a perfect square wave, or lasting very long either.
I'd guess that the photovoltaic output regulates the amount of a high voltage, low current, charge that passes across the other 2 legs of the transistor.
I mention this for any Oneists that happen along, b/c I use some extremely complex signal processing kit regularly. I own a few rare examples that, since they are vintage, often require tinkering. If its a fault in something that most kit contains, like the resolution/creation of a balanced signal @the input/output stage, or a cooked pre-amp/amp stage, I'll usually be able to identify it myself. Doesn't mean I can always fix it b/c I dont even know how to use an EPROM reader, let alone translate whatever it says into finding a chip that will do the same job that a fried 1 did, but is no longer manufactured. I get an expert.
The rest I only understand in block diagram format. If I was an astronomer with a Phd. I'd certainly understand the basics of my equipment, especially the detector.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
'Gorgonzola' you may THINK you can skew electronics, and UV and radio signals, telsa
technologyand anything else you like but FACTS are FACTS you can't change that. And you can't provide ANY FACTS on ANYTHING, not even your own qualifactions which amount to NIL.

Wayne where's your backbone ????? Where's YOUR qualifactions ????? All i can see is a puffed
up self marketed armchair archoeligist with a penchant for adulation, and an INABILITY to
discuss ANYTHING with anyone who has the qulifactions to debate your reasoned hypothesis with you

P.S. I forgor to mention your liking for talking to yourself on various Blogs how you present a subject then answer it as someone else.................lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

P.S. I forgor to mention your liking for talking to yourself on various Blogs how you present a subject then answer it as someone else.................lol.

But eletheia... did you forget that that is what we do here on ATS as dis-info agents working for the CIA. Right now you're in the next cubicle beside me and I'm writing to you.

P.S: How ironic is it that Judy/Wayne/James/gorgo/mm are the dis-info agents working for themselves

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Selenium is rarely used in electronic components any more, having been largely supplanted by silicon. To be honest, I'm not up to speed on how Light Sensitive Diodes work, or what goes into them, beyond the name "diode" implying either an entirely on or entirely off state. Back in the day, Selenium was used to produce a charge when light impinged on it, but the concept of a transistor that regulates the flow of current along two legs by means of a "fluttering" gate on the third leg is the general notion that I had in mind. Using a rectifier of sorts to smooth out that "signal" should produce different frequencies for pitch adjustment in combination with the "signal" strength allowed through, and the frequency the gate was operating at in any give instant.

Keep in mind, also, that your knowledge of electronics is considerably more up to speed than mine is, since mine comes from electronics education nearly 25 years old, so I may not be using the proper terminology these days. I used to design circuits from scratch, but nowadays my electronics endeavors are limited to building and repairing computers, which is largely just a matter of replacing entire components and cards. I've not kept pace with the field very well. My real point is that this sort of thing is hardly new or cutting edge "Tesla technology", as it could all be done 25 or 30 years ago, and really even before that. It's use in this sleight of hand is novel, but not unfathomable.

In block diagram format, radio telescopes work by collecting radio waves from a large area (the parabolic reflector that most folks think IS the antenna), and reflecting those waves to focus at a single point (the "focus" of the parabolic surface) where is located the actual antenna (a tiny thing - most I've worked with are only around a half-inch long for satellite reception). That signal is fed into a LNA or LNB and a downblock converter for processing in the amplifier stage, which is the fed to a recording device for later analysis. Tuning is achieved via the size of the mesh in the reflector dish, the dimensions of the actual antenna, and fine-tuned in a tuner stage. The initial signal strength is affected by the diameter of the collection area of the reflector dish (bigger buckets hold more water).

LIGHT, on the other hand, can be treated in much the same way, but with differences required by optical reflector telescopes. The parabolic mesh for radio is replaced by a parabolic mirror (solid surface), which also reflects all light collected to a focal point, but using optics to receive the light on, rather than antennae. That light is then collected either by an eyeball, a photographic plate, or nowadays by a CCD and recorded electronically, as is done by a digital camera.

From this, we can deduce that LIGHT (including UV) is handled entirely differently than RADIO, despite superficial resemblances in the initial collection stages, where parabolas figure into it in both cases. Even at that, the nature of the surfaces of those parabolas is vastly different - rough, open mesh vs. a smooth mirrored surface smoothed out to within microns.

Edit to clarify - back when I was working with radio dishes, it was the 1980's. We only had LNA's (low-noise amplifiers - a sort of pre-amp that filtered out the extra noise). LNB's and downblock converters had not yet come down the pike, so those portions of the narrative might be out of whack. The basics of the difference between radio reception and light reception are, however, NOT out of whack!
edit on 2010/11/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So, the new story is that she's got 'photocells' mounted on the receive horn?

Oh, Judy.

First, you were receiving them as radio "on every radio observatory around the world!", even if the source wasn't visible from that locale.

Then, you tried the old "Light is EM, just like radio, so of COURSE we could receive it on regular radio equipment!", which was, of course, a lie.

Then "Little do you know, but all EM gives off EM, so it's possible to receive UV on a radio telescope because UV emits radio!" which is a set of lies instead of a single one.

Now it's "we had secret Tesla photocells on every telescope's feed horn!", which is ridiculous. Dear, the reason that some rt's are mesh and none are mirror reflective is that you don't need your reflector to have a surface that's much smoother than a fraction of a wavelength of the wave you're interested in. This all goes to the "you can't receive radio on a pair of binoculars" thing - you HAVE to design to fit the wavelength of EM you want. That's why you can't use an AM radio for a telescope.

So, for an RT, the waves are relatively long. The surface need not be, and is not, optically smooth. Thus it is great for what it's designed for - radio waves - but is totally and absolutely inadequate for optical work. Most especially is it inadequate for short wave optical work, like your supposed UV. It doesn't work that way. Not yours. The reflector of an RT is not usable for UV work, even if you had some sort of photocell there, because it's not designed to be an optical surface, and isn't.

Next, hearken back to the first days of this fraud. Remember when, back in the first 20 pages or so of this thread, you were mooing and chortling about how the signal had this and that sorts of modulation, and all these sidebands "phasing in and out of subharmonics" and the like? Those things are far more applicable to radio work. But you could, if you designed the equipment for it, detect and receive optical modulation sidebands. It would not be possible to do this with photocells mounted on a feed horn. Can you come up with the correct lie to cover this gap? I suspect not - you'll have to jump past the buzzwords you can get from Contact or the Big Book O' Technical Words, and I am not sure the topic exists in a plainly thievable form on Google.

Finally, perhaps you can explain how your photocells mounted on the feedhorn receive a frequency of EM that is totally absorbed by the atmosphere? Waiting with 'bated breath -

Tom

ps: I'm still waiting for the "NSA cops" to come get me. As I won't likely be speeding around Ft Meade, I think I will be waiting a while.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I've read and re-read Neno's, Bunken's and Bedlam's explanations regarding the
doubts in capturing UV signals with radio telescopes and after deliberation...
my ears start to bleed.

I know this may be a little late in the game, but couldn't 'Judy-man' have used
a similar technology that the dumpy-looking alien used in 'E.T' to contact his ship?

Powered by the wind through the trees and a compilation of household equipment
would certainly be easier than using the ingredients mentioned in all of your posti...
damn it! bleeding again.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Yes Eletheia,

FACT IS FACT, I agree with you time is running out for Judy Falstkog, her past is catching up on her fast!

One fact you cannot change is JAMES VAN GREUNEN was married to JANICE FALCUS.

JAMES VAN GREUNEN fathered two daughters which he named himself in the Whickham Message Board knowwhere guide link.

JAMES VAN GREUNEN has CONNED and HOAXED for the past twenty five years.

JAMES VAN GREUNEN became JUDY FALTSKOG.

JAMES VAN GREUNEN is a Grandfather/grandmother.

FACT IS FACT, TRUTH IS TRUTH

souter mislead lie misrepresent falsify beliefs delude hoodwink

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

TBH mate, I doubt my knowledge of electronics is much, if any greater than yours. I expect its just that it occasionally plays an annoyingly crucial role in my life, so I've got to keep what I do know in RAM, as it were (things break just when you really dont need it & too late to hire another or get an expert). The uses of basic components like diodes hasn't changed in 25yrs. For me, once it became clear that, what we used to call "Integrated Circuits", ICs or "chips" in modern parlance, were taking over everything, I gave up & rested on my laurels of understanding just a little more than "AND/NOT/OR". Unless I'd wanted to be a hardware designer, there didn't seem any point learning more: if a chip's fried, you cant fix it - you replace it. These days, its often cheaper to get the whole board from a local supplier than try to source just the chip.
Its different with vintage kit b/c you're trying to preserve the distinctive character of the output, but some people saw the writing on the wall & salvaged all sorts of seemingly useless crap from busted old electronics, so you can get some original components. Still, the old ICs are hard to find. I've got kit that has chips inside that are smaller than the original, with more legs that thus dont fit actually on the board, but squat above with bits of wire soldered to the needed legs bent to fit the old contacts, like some kind of sci-fi arachnoid malevolently crowing over the burn mark of its erstwhile comrade!
I suppose my main point is still that, if we, who by our own admission are no experts, can undertand what basic electronic components can & cant do, then what are we to make of someone who claims a Phd but evidently doesn't know how the basic components of his/her equipment work? Especially the supposed detector! I'll tell ya, I'm no Phd, but I could take this thread to 200pgs on microphone design alone (my detector) & have barely started!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
I've read and re-read Neno's, Bunken's and Bedlam's explanations regarding the
doubts in capturing UV signals with radio telescopes and after deliberation...
my ears start to bleed.

I know this may be a little late in the game, but couldn't 'Judy-man' have used
a similar technology that the dumpy-looking alien used in 'E.T' to contact his ship?