It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaacland
i don't care what they say about your thread it is very good
even maybe the best one

It is a very good and well written thread. Probably the best thread on ATS at the moment.
I however and many others apparently think there are some major inconsistencies that are pretty glaring.

Having said that I refuse to run with the crowd of yes men/women who simply fall all over themselves and drool over any well written piece of work. I question everything that includes this thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by JR MacBeth

There was the famous Tribulation series (I believe that's what it was called), I absolutely refused to read such tripe...
I'll admit, I did pick up one of those books one time, but after just two pages, I was so completely revolted, my suspicions mostly confirmed, I wanted to chuck it in the trash. Fear-mongering at it's best, breathing life into an ancient script, knowing full-well so many people already mostly believe it. Well, it's "diabolical" if I may say so.

JR

I never read the tripe either, but I did see a short 10 min segment on Youtube. What is actually more interesting than the book is that the author is the founder of the Council for National Policy, which was established in 1981. Some other members were J. Falwell, Pat Robertson and lotsa clowns whose names you would recognize. Also the parents of the founder of Blackwater mercenaries were involved with CNP.

So what does this say about this religious/political long arm of Rome when we have this mentality orchestrating and affecting leadership and laws?

That is very interesting, but not the least bit surprising. This "Tribulation" series apparently sold millions of books, of course it makes sense that there was backing behind it. And the upshot? Today, many Christians, of various flavors, picture the "Tribulation", just like it was pictured for them, in this crazy series.

Seems like "herding of the masses" possibly?

I'll admit something, sort of a fantasy of mine. When the "Rapture" hits (like, who knows, millions disappearing into FEMA camps all at once, or whatever?), I perversely desire wanting to tell some of the religious folks I know, "Too bad! Oh my goodness! Looks like YOU didn't make it...What a shame!"

I know, not very mature, just a sick fantasy I guess.

JR

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by masqua

here's one of many examples
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Alright... tackling the post:

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

For the exact same reason they have created the illusion of their demise previously, to change the control system.

The thread is about power through manipulation, tricking people, to accept illusions, as truths, and then to submit to those illusions.

Like Rome wanted to get rid of Bread and Circuses because they have outlived there purpose, they want to get rid of Catholicism and Christianity, and Islam and Judaism too, because they have outlived their purpose, they want a new control system.

Here you are talking about the future and the direction the UN is taking, through the muddying of the various religious dogma, in order to better control a global population. This is, imho, a far from complete process and will take decades more to begin implimenting.

And the sad and scary thing, is because so many people believe in the present control system, as being higher than the state that indoctrinated it to them, the state has no choice but to kill them all.

Depopulation just might be in the cards if a NWO is to ascend. WWIII is the perfect method and I certainly believe we're headed towards that. Fits in nicely with Armageddon too. All you need is one person to promote as the Second Coming and all of Christianity will be ecstatic (pun intended).

The new Roman control system will be like China, a new hybrid of Capatilism, Communism, Fascism for the different stratas of society.

Most people will be poorly paid rightless citizens who are forced to worship the state, and it's power, the next level up, the managers and government workers will be fascists, mixing state and the corporate level, and at the top as always, the Patricians and the ruling class will be the most free to profit.

That's what's happening, Rome wrote Christian Rome falling into the Bible, just like it orchestrated the death of Pagan Rome.

You mean the bishops wrote it in, don't you? Remember that the power in Rome during Constantine's reign was passed over to the bishops as long as they abided by what Constantine wanted. Though the legions were, by that time, mostly Christian, they would still act against any who would not do the will of the emporer. Rome DID fall, eventually, but not until centuries passed after 300 - 400AD. It was a slow process. Julian, Constantines son, even went to far as to turn the tide against Christianity and re-instated Paganism for a short while. This indicated that Rome had a fair hand in how the state religion went.

To change systems, to get rid of the old, and bring in the new.

That's what is really going on here, just men, running a world wide mining and drilling operation, managing a society of mindless slaves.

Who are always looking for answers in the wrong places.

Once again, we are 'back to the future'. There is no such thing, btw, as a mindless slave. Don't forget that you can kill the man, but never the idea. Check out the history of Afghanistan if you think it's possible.

Your spiritual answers are inside you, acheive your higher self, become one with it, become one with the universe, and you literally just float right out of here.

Agreed

Want to stick around? Well you ought to do something about Rome, because it loves to kill people that it no longer needs, and the religions it created as an outdated control system...they no longer need.

Ah... here we part ways, Proto. Rome did not 'create' the religions, it 'allowed' one to the detriment of all others. This is why Christianity won out and Constantine was so for it. They would abide no other pretenders to God and actively rooted out and expunged all theologies besides their own. The blood spilt over religious fanatacism ran deep and wide during those early years. Rigorists were on the rampage all over the empire. no wonder constantine wanted this solved permanently.

This planet is in trouble, and it's in trouble, because of all this talk about how you find your higher self.

That's inside you, no book or master, or religion, or space alien or inter dimensional being is going to help you with that, because only you can help you with that.

Well... I beg to differ, being agnostic and all.
I've spent most of my life studying the history of all things spiritual and have come to the conclusion that, perhaps connecting with the 'Spirit World' goes back a tad longer than any organised religion (by about 60,000 years).

I know who I am, and what I am, and I know someone is screwing up the party, and that's Rome!

Thanks.

And that's what this great thread is really about. It's not just religion because it's only one facet of the overall conspiracy. Religion, especially one which actively sets out to destroy all other religions is a huge help to those who rule, because it levels the playing field. That game has been played out in the western world for millenia. I doubt one needs to look for examples because they are legion.

edit on 17/9/10 by masqua because: bb code

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Greetings my friends,

I went back a couple pages to kinda get an idea where we are in the discussion. Unfortunately, it seems to be a time of back and forth posturing. That's expected when talking about such a subject as Rome.

Would anyone care to fill me in on where we at with regards the subject at hand, or at least an idea how far back one would have to go to get caught up.

I wouldn't want to just dive in not knowing the depths of the water. That's how one breaks their neck.

Thanks in advance.

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Hi my friend, not sure where we are in the discussion presently, it seems to mostly focused in and on the Original Poster himself today.

Thanks for giving some of the thread a read, and stopping in.

I am presently working on my new thread, which I believe will be a hit, I am going to title it simply Proto, to give a place for all the people who love to discuss him a thread dedicated to that, so this one can get back on topic!

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I went back a couple pages to kinda get an idea where we are in the discussion. Unfortunately, it seems to be a time of back and forth posturing. That's expected when talking about such a subject as Rome.

Would anyone care to fill me in on where we at with regards the subject at hand, or at least an idea how far back one would have to go to get caught up.

Try Page 89 or before, it does seem the last 10 Pages are a mishmash and sadly not on topic but sitll some great post between the off topic posts..

edit on 17-9-2010 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

so the question is, if the bishops wrote it, why'd they forecast their own demise and call themselves religious whores, 2000 years ago? why did they put the bottomless pit/abyss in it? what's the benefit or what purpose does it serve to have texts about something like a door in the abyss, with a lock that must be opened with a key, held by something that comes down from the sky (and is identified first as a star and second as an angel)? and why have weird things emerging from it? and furthermore, why hide the texts themselves for like 1500 years, and teach an entirely different doctrine if the texts were written by them in the first place? i want to understand the premise of this particular aspect of the thread but answers are not even being entertained much less attempted from what i can tell.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proto went on at length about the Council of Nicea

I am curious as to your thoughts on this "Council of Nicaea" did it help or harm Christianity from your perspective?

Christianity in my opinion is a broadly yet ill defined creature, and because we only have a few accounts of what it was like prior to Rome's intoduction of it as a State Religion, primarily from just a handful of Roman sources, or sources that to reach the present day had to pass through Rome, there is no real way to gauge this question without a time machine.

It's an interesting question, but in my own opinion not one where enough surviving untainted information exists to really do more than speculate.

Thanks for asking.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

it's not off topic to suggest that if the text was written by rome to convince people to accept their demise at the hands of rome, that the other data surrounding said events, be dealt with as well. we can't isolate these things out from each other as they are all part of the same banana.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Unfortunately,there are many who do believe that PreTribulation lie,and you may be right about it playing into the FEMA End-Game scenario. It may also involve this alien agenda that is amping up. There is just so much manipulation comimg and going from so many different directions.

I imagine something like FEMA camps would definetly test the faith of those who weren't expecting to be around for something so severe,which is a huge danger in believing the lie.

And unless you're one of the ones doing the herding,you may be in the same boat,so to speak,so there won't be much time to gloat.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Premise:

The Roman Empire, from the violent excesses and benevolence of various emporers from (ie) Augustus thru Vespasian, Nero, Commodus (of movie fame), Severus Alexander and Constantius (Constantine's daddy) found out, via the hard way, that certain religions can be pesky and hard to destroy.

The solution was to back the nastiest of them all and let them clean house of all the others.

The result was the marriage of Church and State and they found it enchantingly peaceful within their borders as a result.

The downside was that they then became focussed internally and sought to only defend their borders rather than continue the kind of conquest which led to the prime reason for war... booty. With the booty gone, the soldiers grew fat and lazy and the heathens on the other side of the fence came in and trashed the place.

However, like all good ideas, the religion flourished and grew, spreading even into the heathen lands where kings and emporers there ALSO recognized the benefits of Christian zeal. The religion spread outwards from the Roman Empire even as it was sacked, eventually covering all of East & Western Europe, Russia included.

The unity of the populations much appreciated by the rulers and the rich. On to the crusades, then, in an attempt to rid the world of all who oppose Christianity. Didn't work... yet.

The PTB still use religion (and other factors) to focus the minds of their populations even though those same PTB have no real interest in the source of all that unity. Hence the conspiracy.

Read The Decline and fall of the Roman Empire, written by Edward Gibbon in 1776 and, imho, the definitive template of errors and warnings which went into the establishment of the US of A (among others).The book is a longer read than this thread, though, but worth it if you're really interested. I think it should be required reading for grades 10-12.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yet this post that only makes the vaguest reference to the thread, is really all about the ego manuevering of a group of people.

Really, ego manuevering by a group of people, when all of your people have been doing exactly that; you know your forum gang, has been bumping this thread and keeping it alive.

I went back and went over all 101 pages of those mid numbing, Wiki, and blog sources. Not once did I find any substance to any of it. You mentioned earlier that All treaties go through Rome, and leave Rome in Charge. Now is Rome a group of people and you have decided to give a name to them? Who the hell are they? And why do you keep saying ROME........ Show me some meat Please Proto For my Sanity.....

edit on 17-9-2010 by poedxsoldiervet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaacland

i don't care what they say about your thread it is very good
even maybe the best one

One of the things that continues to fascinate me about this thread, is how very similiar it is to Rome.

We have dramas, we have petty intriques, plots to dominate, plots to invade, failed attempts at romance, and that's just what's going on between the posters!

It is literally almost an exact recreation of what life in Rome was all about.

Further proof in fact that the Empire never died because the thinking and emotions that ruled it and ran it never died.

In many ways, that's the message of the conspiracy, Rome still lives, not just within the halls of the Vatican and Royal Residences and Governmental Halls of Power, it lives within each and every one of us.

All Roads lead to Rome and what we see is a steady stream of people coming here to the thread, for very specific reasons that have more to do with what can be had at the destination, rather than what the thread is about.

Like Rome it is many different things to many people, depending on what the individual poster's perspective and take on life is, and their hopes and goals, their fears and worries are.

I think the psychology deparment at a University would have a field day disecting this thread.

I think ethnologists would too. Maybe even theolagens.

Interestingly enough the lesson I am trying to impart through it all, is Rome in fact can be what ever you/we want it to be, if we could only reach a consesus on a bare minimum that would make each and every one of us respect every other individual.

Rome has never been like that though, and we see here why in this thread, as people posture, and vie for control and struggle to leave their imprint on something, that is bigger than any one of us, and at times all of us.

Running Rome? Not an easy task for that very reason.

It is in many ways why a concept of a higher authority, one higher authority, one authority above man and woman was required to maintain some kind of direction and order.

The greatest lessons about Rome aren't in the actual posts but in how and why they were posted.

Don't ask me how I managed to do it, but I have with the help of so many others, actually created a cyber version of Rome right here on ATS.

HBO ought to be calling anytime.

edit on 17/9/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Yet this post that only makes the vaguest reference to the thread, is really all about the ego manuevering of a group of people.

Really ego manuevering by a group of people, when of all people you should know that your forum gang, has been bumping this thread and keeping it alive.

I want back and went over all 101 pages of this mid numbing Wiki and blog sources not once did I find and substance to any of it. You mentioned earlier that All treaties live Rome in Charge. Now is Rome a group of people you have decided to give a name to? Who the hell are they? And why do you keep saying ROME........ Show me some meat Please Proto For my Sanity.....

The thread is twice the size of War and Peace and would work out presently to about 4500 pages in a word processor.

No way did you read it all today, but nice try.

Read the thread, seriously, the opening piece alone was 45 pages in my word processor without the pictures, it took up 2.3rds of an ATS page, so yeah it's 4500 pages of reading material in this thread.

Read the thread, come back after the mob wears itself out, and we can discuss it.

In case it has escaped some people there is a mob involved today, on the thread. Plain and simple.

Those who want to discuss the thread or add something to it in a rational way, which so far no one has wanted to do today, should read the thread, and then come back as honest posters not part of a gang.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Read The Decline and fall of the Roman Empire, written by Edward Gibbon in 1776 and, imho, the definitive template of errors and warnings which went into the establishment of the US of A (among others).The book is a longer read than this thread, though, but worth it if you're really interested. I think it should be required reading for grades 10-12.

I read it when I was a junior in high school, it wasn't part of our official curriculum but my World History teacher thought it important as part of a well rounded education, since it wasn't part of our curriculum some whiny kids complained to their parents and it ended up before the school board, I am happy to say my teacher won out. This same teacher along with my Literature teacher recommended great books for me all the time as they knew I was an avid reader and loved non-fiction as I still do today.

Agree that it should be a mandatory read in high school and beyond, so should Comparative Religious Studies on an Academic level given all the religious threads on ATS, by focusing on one religion you will never see the whole picture in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Dude are you serious, really thats all your going to say. YES I READ YOUR THREAD. 45,000 pages in a word processor come on.... Will you answer the questions I asked.... Why do you keep deflecting?

I went back and went over all 101 pages of those mid numbing, Wiki, and blog sources. Not once did I find any substance to any of it. You mentioned earlier that All treaties go through Rome, and leave Rome in Charge. Now is Rome a group of people and you have decided to give a name to them? Who the hell are they? And why do you keep saying ROME........ Show me some meat Please Proto For my Sanity.....

SHOW ME PROTO ANSWER QUESTIONS

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by masqua

so the question is, if the bishops wrote it, why'd they forecast their own demise and call themselves religious whores, 2000 years ago?

Because they gave their bodies to the service of God for eternal happiness, maybe?

That'd be 10AD, right? Jesus was just a youngster getting some mystery training only God knows where. Nothing really started popping until the Romans squashed the Zealots at Masada and sent Christ's fellow Jews scattering out of the area (nice name: diaspora). Many went to Rome, where all religions were accepted. So did Christ's followers, the 'Original Christians'. Saul was not one of them... he liked killing them.

In the early years (~100 to 200AD), it was considered to be the best alternative of all to die for Christianity. This is why so many went happily to their deaths, thinking that martyrdom was preferential to long life. Sin was a constant threat in life, but being martyred was a glorious 'out'.

why did they put the bottomless pit/abyss in it?

To scare people into being good little Christians who do as they (the bishops) say.

what's the benefit or what purpose does it serve to have texts about something like a door in the abyss, with a lock that must be opened with a key, held by something that comes down from the sky (and is identified first as a star and second as an angel)? and why have weird things emerging from it?

To make it seem mysterious and keep the flocks listening intently to the Bishops.

and furthermore, why hide the texts themselves for like 1500 years

You talking about the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Jewish Psuedepigrapha, the Apocrypha, the Gnostic texts or what?

and teach an entirely different doctrine if the texts were written by them in the first place?

Note: the bishops did not write them, they sorted them... good text, bad text, good text, bad text.

i want to understand the premise of this particular aspect of the thread but answers are not even being entertained much less attempted from what i can tell.

Could it be that the right questions aren't being asked nor the proper research being done? It's kind of a big thing to tackle, no?

edit on 17/9/10 by masqua because: bb code, again

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Dude are you serious, really thats all your going to say. YES I READ YOUR THREAD. 45,000 pages in a word processor come on.... Will you answer the questions I asked.... Why do you keep deflecting?

SHOW ME PROTO ANSWER QUESTIONS

4,500 pages about 4 times the size of the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire, and you know how I know you haven't read it?

Because if you would have, you would know you are about the 6th person to make demands for me to repost everything all over again so you don't have to read it.

If you had read it you would know that I kept simply urging them to read the thread.

Would you like to ask Masqua how many ATS Pages my contributions alone add up to the thread. He can tell you!

My opening piece is a 45 page document that had you read the thread you would know I published online in a PDF format for people to read it on their computers, after dozens of people asked me too, and that opening piece is 45 PDF 8 x 10 letter sized pages.

Multiply 100 thread pages and yeah you have a 4,500 page book to read before you and I have anything to talk about.

The thread exists for a purpose and that's to read it.

Thanks.

edit on 17/9/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Dude I was hoping you would answer the questions that I asked instead of deflect like you do so well, serious just answe the questions I asked, If you stand by your comments and Research answer the **SNIP**questions. How hard is it do you have the answers. Your Ego knows no bounds eh?

You mentioned earlier that All treaties go through Rome, and leave Rome in Charge. Now is Rome a group of people and you have decided to give a name to them? Who the hell are they? And why do you keep saying ROME........ Show me some meat Please Proto For my Sanity.....

edit on Fri Sep 17 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join