It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Valis is a great book.

Something like this?

"The empire never ended"

or

"Once, in a cheap science fiction novel, Fat had come across a perfect description of the Black Iron Prison, but set in the far future. So if you superimposed the past (ancient Rome) over the present (California in the twentieth century) and superimposed the far future world of The Android Cried Me a River over that, you got the Empire, as the supra- or trans-temporal constant. Everyone who had ever lived was literally surrounded by the iron walls of the prison; they were all inside it and none of them knew it."

PKD was the man... well ahead of his time.

Tractates Cryptica Scriptura, Mind-blowing stuff.

deoxy.org...

edit on 17/9/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Correct if I'm wrong here but didn't ROME throw/feed Christians to the lions BEFORE Constantine converted to a religion that was thought of as a threat to ROME for the preceding 300 years?

So how can he be credited with Creating Christianity 300 years after the fact? You mean the foundations of the Catholic Church.

edit on 17-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

it seems to me what so upsets some people on this thread that not only do I have freewill but everyone else does too.

...what exactly is it you imagine you are fighting me for?

Proto,
It's not called "fighting you",it's called having a difference of opinion. Free will is a beautiful thing,but you know that,because it's in the Bible!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I do wish this thread and it's creator the very best and that it can be the interesting read it is destined to be. I also feel it is simply history repeating itself when the people are lured in only to be rationed. Our government seems to work the same way, giving an illusion of participation but sadly it is only an illusion.
We the people aren't given enough credit that when we are heard, we then in turn show respect.
I think some roads lead to deadends but that can change when we those who truly wish to awaken do truly awaken.

sl

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

the premise of the thread is that rome wrote the new testament, the old testament, torah, talmud, pseudopigraphia, the koran, the chinese texts, the egyptian texts, the gnostic texts, the sumerian texts, mesopotamian, akkadian, phoenician, canaanite, ugaritic texts and all the artifacts to go with them are fake. all of ancient history is a lie and the scientists of the various schools of historical data (archaeology, history, anthropology, linguistics, assyriology, egyptology, geology, etc) are all in on the lie.

while i agree some manipulation and translation bias has occured through out the centuries, big parts of proto's theory simply don't make sense. that's why i'm trying to get him to clarify, but he can't cause i'm on his ignore list (or so it would seem).

edit on 17-9-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by masqua

the premise of the thread is that rome wrote the new testament, the old testament, torah, talmud, pseudopigraphia, the koran, the chinese texts, the egyptian texts, the gnostic texts, the sumerian texts, mesopotamian, akkadian, phoenician, canaanite, ugaritic texts and all the artifacts to go with them are fake. all of ancient history is a lie and the scientists of the various schools of historical data (archaeology, history, anthropology, linguistics, assyriology, egyptology, geology, etc) are all in on the lie.

while i agree some manipulation and translation bias has occured through out the centuries, big parts of proto's theory simply don't make sense. that's why i'm trying to get him to clarify, but he can't cause i'm on his ignore list (or so it would seem).

edit on 17-9-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

TY for the jist of it, this was my only beef with the theory as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Looks like a full-blown insurrection going on here! Sorry, don't wish to intrude really, but I was just going to comment on something said earlier...

...all these religions have been taught to accept at first as a precondition to their God, Savior or Imam returning a very harsh totaltarian one world government, that prompts that return, they first most give Rome what it wants, to gamble and see then if they get that God, Savior or Imam to come and save the day. Which since Rome will already have what it wants at that point, if that God, Savior or Imam does not return as promised, then it's too late...

In fact, I do see this sort of thing going on with the religionist folk. Many do seem to ardently desire the "end times". Damn it, they just want to get Raptured the heck out of here!

There was the famous Tribulation series (I believe that's what it was called), I absolutely refused to read such tripe, but many recommended the series, and I could see that it had tremendous influence, in spite of being merely fiction. OK, I'll admit, I did pick up one of those books one time, but after just two pages, I was so completely revolted, my suspicions mostly confirmed, I wanted to chuck it in the trash. Fear-mongering at it's best, breathing life into an ancient script, knowing full-well so many people already mostly believe it. Well, it's "diabolical" if I may say so.

Whether Rome, or whoever TPTB are, things are clearly headed in the direction "expected" by so many, thanks to that old book, the Bible. One thing people should remember, even "if" the Bible had not been fabricated, and/or subverted, wouldn't it make perfect sense that whoever the Powers That Be are, wouldn't they USE such a thing, to their benefit? (Of course, "God" would know this, and He wouldn't "bait" His powerful people like that, would He? He does love the rich too, doesn't He?)

So people largely throw up their hands, as the "inevitable" One World, New World Order engulfs us. I'm guilty too at times, of thinking maybe it's all too much, but then I come to ATS, and see others as concerned as I am. That's a good thing.

OK, that's enough! Back to the religionists again. Back to the acrimony. Sorry to interrupt you all!

JR

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Tell me where Proto said that Rome (as in Emporers, etc) wrote the religious texts, and I'll debate him on that as well. It's a ridiculous statement.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Tell me where Proto said that Rome (as in Emporers, etc) wrote the religious texts, and I'll debate him on that as well. It's a ridiculous statement.

He said it, you are going to have to go look for the quotes, or I can, or we both can.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Whether Rome, or whoever TPTB are, things are clearly headed in the direction "expected" by so many, thanks to that old book, the Bible. One thing people should remember, even "if" the Bible had not been fabricated, and/or subverted

Well there you have it....

That blows a big nasty hole in the premise of this thread. Because without that underpinning it all falls apart.

edit on 17-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
He said it, you are going to have to go look for the quotes, or I can, or we both can.

I've been following this thread religiously
, but I may have missed it somehow.

The gauntlet over the 'quote' was not thrown down by me, however, so the onus would fall to the thrower. Please provide me with the post where it is stated and I'll debate Proto on that endlessly.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I've been following this thread religiously
, but I may have missed it somehow.

The gauntlet over the 'quote' was not thrown down by me, however, so the onus would fall to the thrower. Please provide me with the post where it is stated and I'll debate Proto on that endlessly.

Proto went on at length about the Council of Nicea and the Euceminical Councils that were called to create the texts.

There is just a whole lot of paraphrasing going on where people are for the sole purpose of slander claiming I said things, that clearly I didn't.

It's absurd actually, some of the distortions people are stating, and then egging other people to react to them as fact.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

This is all by the way just a well coordinated attempt between a handful of posters to derail the thread and turn it into a religious topic.

Any one who has followed the thread knows that most of what people are presently asserting is untrue, which is why they can't source it or quote it, and know that I have asked people time and time again to respect it's a conspiracy that involves some religious aspects and not a religious conspiracy.

It's actually a joke at this point, the thread as it's being discussed for the last 15 pages has nothing to do with the opening piece.

Or the theory.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Proto went on at length about the Council of Nicea and the Euceminical Councils that were called to create the texts.

This is EXACTLY what happened. Books were tossed, others accepted, lines deleted, others written in. This was done by a huge number of Bishops with the blessings of Constantine, who, for no other reason, wanted it to make peace within the empire. He was no Christian.

There is just a whole lot of paraphrasing going on where people are for the sole purpose of slander claiming I said things, that clearly I didn't.

Sure sounds like it.

It's absurd actually, some of the distortions people are stating, and then egging other people to react to them as fact.

Well, I did ask for the post in which the quote in question resides. I'm not going to look for it simply because I don't remember reading it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

here's one of many examples
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth

There was the famous Tribulation series (I believe that's what it was called), I absolutely refused to read such tripe, but many recommended the series, and I could see that it had tremendous influence, in spite of being merely fiction. OK, I'll admit, I did pick up one of those books one time, but after just two pages, I was so completely revolted, my suspicions mostly confirmed, I wanted to chuck it in the trash. Fear-mongering at it's best, breathing life into an ancient script, knowing full-well so many people already mostly believe it. Well, it's "diabolical" if I may say so.

JR

I never read the tripe either, but I did see a short 10 min segment on Youtube. What is actually more interesting than the book is that the author is the founder of the Council for National Policy, which was established in 1981. Some other members were J. Falwell, Pat Robertson and lotsa clowns whose names you would recognize. Also the parents of the founder of Blackwater mercenaries were involved with CNP.

So what does this say about this religious/political long arm of Rome when we have this mentality orchestrating and affecting leadership and laws?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

i don't care what they say about your thread it is very good
even maybe the best one

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaacland

it is a very informative thread, and i don't think anyone has said it isn't (well with the exception of one person who called it "fail epic thread"), but the question remains that there are glaring holes in the theory that need to be stitched up and he's not willing to address those holes.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Proto went on at length about the Council of Nicea

I am curious as to your thoughts on this "Council of Nicaea" did it help or harm Christianity from your perspective?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaacland

There is no question that it is a good thread, approaching "excellence", depending on your definition of excellence.

To truly obtain excellence, there has to be a willingness to entertain discrepancies, and make sources plain, and not just from one's own brain, or personality.

The thread is about power through manipulation, tricking people, to accept illusions, as truths, and then to submit to those illusions.

From the OP's own mouth. Projection? It interests me greatly.

You see, the Roman Empire collapsed 1500 years ago, and it wasn't a pretty sight. To maintain that it still proposes to control us, is an illusion.

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join