It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by masqua
Absolutely not... Protestants are opposed to Catholics, but you cannot deny that they sprang from the Holy Roman Church. There are direct links that all lead back to Rome and Pauline Christianity..

Protestant and Catholics?
That's like saying Sunni and Shiites are the same!
False argument. IMHO

The protestant church is so far removed from what it once was, it is just a social club.

The fire has gone out.

edit on 033030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
First of Sassinind Persian Gnosticism was along with many other religions woven into Christianity which you would know more about if you read the thread

Again I have read the thread.

I am basing my opinions on my own research not on your opinions or perceptions.

Thanks

That would be the research you aren't posting to illustrate your oppinions that display you haven't read the thread?

Another non answer my friend.

Since the thread illustrates many of these sources in the thread come not from me but from other posters and their sources, then once again, what you are displaying is you have not read the thread as you seek to generalize everything being simply a matter of my opinion and perception.

While of course as I pointed out, displaying none of your own research.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

What is not dying is Christianity which is the Roman system operating, under the illusion of independence from Rome in how they use what is a Roman Doctrine, Christianity itself.

So you finally revealed your agenda is against Christianity?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You are right, Rome could had invented prophecies about the end of israel and the church to prepare us to see those futur events as the world destiny instead of a secret mission controlled by Rome to imposed a new world order

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Absolutely not... Protestants are opposed to Catholics, but you cannot deny that they sprang from the Holy Roman Church. There are direct links that all lead back to Rome and Pauline Christianity..

False argument. IMHO

Divide and conquer, deflect, divide and conquer, deflect, rinse, lather, repeat, divide and conquer deflect, divide and conquer deflect.

Perfectly Romanized!

As usual all you are displaying is how brilliant the plan is that lays at the heart of the theory.

It becomes impossible through the sheer confusion to focus in on what and who is at the heart of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaacland

but it doesn't show the end of israel!
that's where actually knowing what the text says, comes in handy.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaacland

You are right, Rome could had invented prophecies about the end of israel and the church to prepare us to see those futur events as the world destiny instead of a secret mission controlled by Rome to imposed a new world order

Which my studious and perceptive friend is the heart of the sheer genious in the plan that Rome is employing as outlined in the conspiracy and theory.

Because all these religions have been taught to accept at first as a precondition to their God, Savior or Imam returning a very harsh totaltarian one world government, that prompts that return, they first most give Rome what it wants, to gamble and see then if they get that God, Savior or Imam to come and save the day. Which since Rome will already have what it wants at that point, if that God, Savior or Imam does not return as promised, then it's too late, the people are screwed, and Rome has already won.

This is what makes it such a darn effective plan.

Almost impossible to defeat, without 2/3rds of the world's population first having to reavaluate their entire believe system!

We can see in this thread just how anxious some people are not to do that.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

What is not dying is Christianity which is the Roman system operating, under the illusion of independence from Rome in how they use what is a Roman Doctrine, Christianity itself.

So you finally revealed your agenda is against Christianity?

No Christianity is not the Roman Operating system,

You said this topic was not about religion, and I am calling you on this one, you are singling out Christians and Christianity.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yet if Christianity is solely the realm of the Catholic church then where exactly do the gnostic fit in? They were a Christian sect that didn't fit with the Catholics point of view.

The Gnostics were not Christians, they were Pagans with an advanced cosmology who worshiped nature much like the Native Americans, they were Shaman's who developed their physic abilities such as clairvoyance, remote viewing etc. which is what a Shaman does, they were much like Yogi's and Initiates.

They practiced this for well over a thousand years starting around the time of the great philosophers like Plato and Socrates in 500 BC. When they refused to convert to the new Christian religion they were slaughtered wholesale over a period from 150 AD well through the middle ages.

Some Pagan's and Gnostic's did embrace the New Religion, not because they believed in but to survive, this all goes back to Rome in my opinion, they wanted complete control and if they couldn't convert you they killed you.

I did check a number of links for more information but most were from a Christian or Theology point of view. Much of what I said has been validated by Historians without an agenda.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

False argument. IMHO

Nice deflection!

Are you saying that Sunni and Shiites are not Islamic?

I'm saying that Protestants and Catholics are both Christian sects with roots to Pauline Christianity. You disagree?

Wow. I guess I'm gobsmacked by your retort.
Don't really know HOW to respond to that

edit on 17/9/10 by masqua because: sp

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That would be the research you aren't posting to illustrate your oppinions that display you haven't read the thread?

Exactly.

This is your thread in which you wrote out your claims, now you have to defend them.

I do not have to explain anything. I believe what I believe. I do my own research and check everything not once or twice but several times. Proto do you honestly believe the crap you're flinging?

I do not follow the Catholic church or it's teaching as do millions of other Christians that you seem to want to generalize as being pawns of the church in some sort of twisted grand scheme of things.

FACE it Proto it's your Opinions, Perceptions, Conceptions and Theory supported by a few facts rolled up in Conjecture.

generalize everything being simply a matter of my opinion and perception.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow...! take a look at this, according to this prophecy from the Vatican ( St Malachy's Prophecy ), the last pope should be Pope Benedict XVI, strangely the time frame is perfecly coordonated with the conspiracy of a NWO that all conspiracy sites are saying its for soon to hapen!

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Rome is the problem, for haps rome should be no more.
All the blood spilling, roman blood is just that, the desire for conquest. The barbarians or the beasts are the true descendants of this earth. And the beast has learned what is good and what is bad and the beast has decided it's time to be left alone. We are the descendants of the apes, and rome the aliens do not. Because they just see one side, they do not flip the coin. We are what we are today, the android, very important to pull left not to forget where we came from. If we do we become software, light and we lose our selfs forever. Our tough with the supreme, god, the lighter one becomes then it states, it's an illusion. God is in the dark where no one can see him. The universe is amazing, it has inteligent design, just that these people always change things. Purity lies in the dark after the rain.
Perfect combination for existance is light and dark for life to exist, some insist they know it all but they don't. They can only see the light version the other half remains a mistery
In other words we can have harmony and be.
It's so special, so special why ruin it. Screw conquest I want to be the explorer and amaze my self with creation, explore, find but never forget my blue roots and where it comes from. It' a beauty and a beast. Become too beauty you become an illusion, become a big beast you lose your self into anger.

I wish for the roman empire to just disapear.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Thanks for the excellent post regarding the background of what Gnosticism actually was/is.

Proving once again, those putting forth simply opinions while claiming to have researched the matter haven't done much if any research at all.

As I have displayed throughout the thread, Rome has incorporate many religions, and icons and trophies into it's system and for it's glory, but each one of these elements does not drive Rome, they are not the tail wagging the dog, but Rome having conquered and subjugated them.

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I wish for the roman empire to just disapear.

I don't know what to say.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I love that argument.

Who named the gnostic Pagans?

The Catholic Church right?

Right!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

the problem here is that you've let the papal authority and later, the atheistic text references to papal authority, dictate to you, the definition of "christanity." allow me to illustrate:

prophecy (what is it?)
healing with "miraculous powers" (what is it?)
walking on water (what is it?)
speaking other languages (some not even from this planet!) (what is it?)
translating languages from all over the known and unknown dimensions (what is it?)
manipulating gravity and/or space-time (what is it?)

if you look at it honestly, it's the same dang thing. it is not different. the only difference is (and it's a big difference), from what i can tell, is the use of pharmaceuticals to gain visions (shamanism), vs. au naturale (no psychotropics involved) to gain visions (most other religions).

i've read many gnostic christian texts, and the big divide i saw in it, between the biblical version and the gnostic version is the definition of genesis, the origins of thought, knowledge and the identity of the gods.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Exactly.

This is your thread in which you wrote out your claims, now you have to defend them.

I do not have to explain anything. I believe what I believe. I do my own research and check everything not once or twice but several times. Proto do you honestly believe the crap you're flinging?

I do not follow the Catholic church or it's teaching as do millions of other Christians that you seem to want to generalize as being pawns of the church in some sort of twisted grand scheme of things.

FACE it Proto it's your Opinions, Perceptions, Conceptions and Theory supported by a few facts rolled up in Conjecture.

generalize everything being simply a matter of my opinion and perception.

Which is just your way of saying you have no research to arrive at oppinions other posters on the thread actively involved in the debate right now have already shown were false conclusions like your take on Gnosticism.

Yet once again, you fail to comprehend that Rome is not the Catholic Church alone, but is legion through many arms and mechanism that represent it's actual interests, wealth, power and plans for conquest.

So not only are you not saying anything factual of any susbtance, but attempting to excuse the need to present any substance in trying to influence others with your arguments.

While pretending to have read a thread, which would have set you straight on some of the falsehoods and illusions you are laboring under, while trying to keep the focus entirely on religion and the Catholic Church to try to avoid the ellements and issues you really can't speak too.

I never will stop renting space for free in your head my friend.

Yet what you have proven unbeknownst to you, is that through showing up on the thread months after it was created, that indeed ALL ROADS DO LEAD TO ROME.

People wouldn't be coming to Rome and so desperate to attack the theory if in fact they didn't recognize the truth and power in it.

Got you as always my friend.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I love that argument.

Right!

Which offshoot of the Catholic notion of Christianity named them something different?

Once again through a non-answer you not only display the power of Rome but the power of it to cede constant confusion and uncertainty.

While of course displaying you have no real working knowledge of Gnosticism or any sources to illustrate your supositions.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I love that argument.

Right!

I don't think it came from the Catholic Church, Gnostic comes from the Greek and translates into "know it all" or "unknown", I knew who originally coined it but don't remember off hand but do believe it came from the Gnostic fragments found in the forties long before the Catholic Church was in existence. When the Gnostic's were given that name it was in a derogatory fashion, that is not what they called themselves and didn't feel like they were "know it all's"

edit on 17-9-2010 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join