It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Launches Secretive Space Plane; 'We Don't Know When It's Coming Back'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
My uncle in RAF Menwith Hill said they tracked this on space sensors. It apparently is just orbiting earth for the moment but the USAF at RAF Menwith Hill have restricted his access to the tracking centre. So no idea what this could be.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I actually loled

Our imaginations here just run wild

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I have not yet been convinced about nibiru BUT if the belevers are right and proven correctly i would say this ship is built for carrying humans in a catastrophe while all settles on earth. any comments????

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cypher81311

You wouldn't fit many people in that

It would be like a can of Sardines

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Seriously though, I think if this thing is successful then they will up the scale to a bigger model. I am optomistic of the future of space flight.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/198df34f9402.jpg[/atsimg]
Artist Rendition

I haven't bothered reading the rest of the post yet, but when I saw this picture I would like to give my first impressions:

I think it is a solar-powered space plane of some kind, as in it may not require any other fuel besides the sun. And that would give rise to an alternate propulsion system.

Also, I believe this is just the first experiment in having UAVs cruising around the atmosphere - in the future they may be weaponised - or perhaps it is already weaponised - and is going to take out the Chinese when they attempt to go to the moon some time in the near future.

*goes back to reading*

[edit on 24/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
True but you can go a lot deeper if you wanted to! it could be a prototype if it suceedes in its planned mission whos to say it cannot be made on a larger scale lets be honest who would want to be here on earth if nebiru is real or a nuclear war breaks out? i know there is nuclear bunkers but if you can have a font row seat with the money people have in this day and age im sure they would! and im sure the top dogs will have the first pick!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't get the posts here about this being a scaled-down version of something else. Look at other space/orbital programs and how many had flying orbital scaled-down vehicles? None, that I can remember just now. And looking at the obvious shuttle-like construction....I'd say the Space Shuttle gave them enough testing on materials over the course of many years. All the reasons to make a small version of something else just don't add up in this case. I think there is a very strong chance this is the operational size of this vehicle, for whatever mission they have in mind for it. There is plenty that can be done with that size of a payload bay (and supposed weight boosting capacity).

However, the one thing that almost certainly cannot be done is human flight or recovery. Just the life support systems would take up the payload bay, so I don't see this being an ISS ferry as some have suggested.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Kinda makes me wonder if the Star-gate show held any bit of truth to it? Just a theory but what if shows like Star-gate are based off some truth so when a whistle blower comes in they will be instantly discredited by TPTB, and TPTB will say "you watch tooo much Stargate" or "you watch too much Sci-fi shows"

Call me crazy but anything is a possibility, I rather keep my mind open to any possibility than be a sheep like so many other out there that think there G.O.V is G.O.D.

Sorry about the out of subject text above, I just wanted to throw it out there.

As far as the Air force is concerned, i think it will change space travel as we know it, with technology like this I believe we will be closer to space exploration, and possibly even colonization of other plants in our solar system.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I was just reading about this in Popular Mechanics. From what I see about the design, they are put it in a rocket, that propelled it fast out of earth, pretty much its like having a plane going the speed of light and then blasting something out it, to make that object go faster, and further. To me I think they are going to intercept something, and they are doing it fast. I just watched a video that VendettaBeretta posted about Nibru, and it seems to me, we can see something, not saying it is Nibru, but its something big in our Solar System, it seems that this thing shows up then The USAF lunches this Shuttle, seems odd to me. Like I said earlier, they are going after something, or at least checking it out. Ususally they send unmanned planes to check out the threat, then they take it out, I wont be suprised if this thing comes back, then we send something back up a few days after the frist landed. Its all tactics. But I can see it just being another spy plane to. I mean who knows, but I think were checking something out, something very very important to all of us. Only time will tell what it is.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

3. They know about Nibiru. This thing is flying to it right now. So of course they wouldn't want to panic the entire human race by making it known that they are sending something to intercept an approaching extra-solar planetary body.

This is what I believe it will be used for. In my opinion they do know about Nibiru and this is just another "idiotic" attempt to destroy Nibiru and or divert it's arrival. If the morons behind the creation of this space vehicle fully understood the capabilities of Nibiru i.e. how technologically advanced Nibiru actually is, they wouldn't even try.

Nibiru cannot be destroyed. Nibiru's arrival cannot be stopped.

Anyone that try's to harm Nibiru in any way is nothing short of re-tarded.

Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoaglandIsMyHero
reply to post by TheReaver

I think your right. I had a thought that it would go to Phobos so that it could bring back a piece (artifact) and therefore we can say we own it and have the salvage rights to it.

You want to "own" phobos? "claim exclusive rights of salvaging"?...

Are you crazy? You have absolutely no right even if you do get there "first"... Is the moon yours too?

The american arrogance now reaches Phobos...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Well that depends on who you were sending back?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Could it have anything to do with this?
America's global war

The Obama administration is poised to take up one of the more dangerous and hare-brained schemes of the Rumsfeld-era Pentagon. The New York Times is reporting that the Defense Department is once again looking to equip intercontinental ballistic missiles with conventional warheads. The missiles could then, in theory, destroy fleeing targets a half a world away — a no-notice “bolt from the blue,” striking in a matter of hours. There’s just one teeny-tiny problem: the launches could very well start World War III.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by m khan]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It looks like a F-104 Starfighter on steroids. The use of it is a puzzle though, maybe the increase of NEO's. Definitely not a replacement for the shuttle.
edit to add link,
www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 24-4-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
IMO this is an unmanned space drone. It will never be designed to carry man. It was engineered from scuttled NASA work and made to be efficient and cheap by NASA standards. My guess would be that it will have THE LATEST optics for spying and probably carry some type of weaponry, guided missile...maybe even a tactical nuke on some kind of cruz missile...who knows. But this is the military's plane. If it did fire a nuke, it would probably be very hard to intercept from the ground because of the unusual trajectory?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by HoaglandIsMyHero
reply to post by TheReaver

I think your right. I had a thought that it would go to Phobos so that it could bring back a piece (artifact) and therefore we can say we own it and have the salvage rights to it.

You want to "own" phobos? "claim exclusive rights of salvaging"?...

Are you crazy? You have absolutely no right even if you do get there "first"... Is the moon yours too?

The american arrogance now reaches Phobos...

Mars Mineral Rights secured by Resnick, O'Neill and Cramer
www.specintel.com...

These folks clearly feel they have the "right"...
and yes, apparently the Moon is "theirs".

oh..
Yes, They are crazy. lol

but I think TheReaver was probably refering to that, and not his own belief system...
but I could be wrong. .... lol

regarding the spacecraft..
interesting...

and even thought it's kind of 'annoying' they are keeping it rather 'secret'...
i almost feel better about the secret being in the hands of the air force ,
than i do when it's in the hands of nazas. lol
I dunno...
airforce..
or closet nazis.....
choose your poison.

oh, as someone else mentioned..
the comment
'we dont know when its coming back"
also kind of felt to me like it was really "we dont know if its coming back". lol

ill stay interested and wait to see if we ever hear anything else on it . heh.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I wonder if later ones will have space for a pilot.

Or a pilot and one crewman.
Open testing for a later black manned project.

By the time they design it for AI why go backwards in space etc cockpit requirements? Rather than redesign the cockpit you just cram them in the cargo hold.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
yah no secret, they posted CG photos of it in 1999 and in 2000 it was at a NASA fleet photo line-up.

awesome , it will keep us from losing the space fleet due to outdated shuttle.

as far as weapons in space, United States didnt sign a agreement with that.

X-43 will be the spaceship with weapons not this one.

2000 NASA FLEET

MAIN GALLERY

[edit on 25-4-2010 by werk71]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by werk71]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
According to another site this action was in response to Syria going to a state of "Red Alert" following threats from Isreal. Isreal has put Syria on alert for supplying missles to Hezbulloh and has stated that if Hezbulloh uses these missles Isreal is ready to impliment the 'Samson Clause' and will take Syria down even at there own demise. This 'Craft' apparently will be monitoring the situation and has capibilities that could enclude "EMP"?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join