It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Launches Secretive Space Plane; 'We Don't Know When It's Coming Back'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Here is one article regarding my post...the US is serious and must know something more regarding this situation... www.abc.net.au...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cypher81311
I have not yet been convinced about nibiru BUT if the belevers are right and proven correctly i would say this ship is built for carrying humans in a catastrophe while all settles on earth. any comments????

I don't think it's quite big enough to carry all the wealthy people on earth till it all blows over....

Might be a little croweded in there me thinks...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by Eye of Horus

You are right about the laser technology but the weapons will not be offensive. It will be used as an anti-missle defense system. ICBMs will be vaporized by lasers mounted on the craft before they can reenter the atmosphere.

Why I said that was the prez canceled the USAF Airborne laser plane, that refited 747 they had been building. So my idea is that they simply took the laser weapon out and put into the cargo bay of the new x-35b. So yes your right. Orbital space laser system for ABM defense. Sort of like an upgrade to Reagans original STAR WARS program.

Or..

There going to use it to shoot down the alien space craft? All those nazi Vril disks?

Hmmm..

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Heres something you all may want to see. Coincidence?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Since DARPA is involved in the project, the X-37B is obviously a military platform. I daresay it's part of the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI). Check out the diagram where I've marked the payload bay in red which they call the 'Experiment Bay'.

Now what could this bay be used for?

> Nuclear weapons.
> Anti satellite weapons.
> Space to ground/surface laser weapons.
> And probably transporting a small fully equipped unit of spec ops troops to any part of the world where US/NATO bases are situated within the blink of an eye, literally!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hope the next Modern Warefare game lets you call in death lasers from one of these

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwerty123
I don't get the posts here about this being a scaled-down version of something else. Look at other space/orbital programs and how many had flying orbital scaled-down vehicles? None, that I can remember just now...

...All the reasons to make a small version of something else just don't add up in this case. I think there is a very strong chance this is the operational size of this vehicle.

Take a look at this picture posted earlier.

Looks like they are the same exact thing only one is scaled up.

Plus this is an "X" plane. The "X" is for expiremental. This is definately not the end product or the operational version.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Hello friends!

I think its loaded with nukes and on the way to stop something(nibiru,spaceship,asteroid perhaps)

Peace,
ekiusa

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I just saw this posted on AstroEngineer's blog about the the X-37B, he claims its part of the global strike weapons program, and just one of many they'll launch.

Few seem to realize what I am convinced is the X-37B’s true purpose. The X-37B is the first of a sortie of Prompt Global Strike (PGS) vehicles to be placed in orbit. PGS brings all the benefits of a nuclear option without the horrific nuclear consequences.

astroengineer.wordpress.com...

Interesting. I read someone else on another site say a similar thing.

Paul

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Maybe the whole payload is a deliverable Nuke. ICBMs can be blown out the sky, but send a Stealth Satellite up in Orbit with a Warhead, you can drop it down on whatever country you want and nobody would ever know.
The Heat Shield protects the bomb, while the Atlas/Ariane Launch Vehicle does all the work taking the thing into orbit.

Launch enough out of the MSM/Public eyes and the US can have a fleet of Nukes in Space, I wonder when they signed the treaty if any of the countries read anything about Orbital Posts.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Could this thread have a connection to the Nibiru speculation and also the Stephen Hawkings statement.

Could we all be intentionally kept in the dark?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by jazz10]

[edit on 26-4-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

My guess is that all of this is coming to a head, something is heading our way and all the resources are being put in to space defense. With Stephen Hawkings statement going global over the weekend, the threat from ET is very real and should be treated as such.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What about kinetic bombardment? Project Thor revived perhaps. Load up the X-37B with a bunch of 'smart' tungsten rods which can be maneuvered for moving targets and trajectory correction.

Take out an entire convoy, buildings, bunkers etc. Everything targeted is completely obliterated with no remnants of any bombs to be traced back. The sheer impact of an object falling from low earth orbit to the ground would be quite effective and stealthy.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan
What about kinetic bombardment? Project Thor revived perhaps. Load up the X-37B with a bunch of 'smart' tungsten rods which can be maneuvered for moving targets and trajectory correction.

Take out an entire convoy, buildings, bunkers etc. Everything targeted is completely obliterated with no remnants of any bombs to be traced back. The sheer impact of an object falling from low earth orbit to the ground would be quite effective and stealthy.

That matches with what AstroEngineer was saying. He replied to a comment from someone sayinfg something similar:

From what I remember reading in unclassified sources years ago the system proposed was using almost all kinetic energy to create the destruction. The role of the shaped charge behind the warhead was to optionally fragment the metal projectile to create a wider (but less penatrative) area of devastation. The design was quite clever, they proposed design allowed them to designate the target and then designated the type of damage they wanted to inflict. If they were trying to get at a buried bunker they would not explode the charge and leave the projectile intact to inflict maximum focused damage. If they were targeting a military base or training camp they could set off the charge, and dial in the destruction by selecting a different height at which the charge would fire.

I guess he was talking about Project Thor or some newer version of it.

I don't think this would prevent people from thinkingt the U.S. did it. If a city block is suddenly vaporized somewhere with no evidence of a bomb that's even more suspicious than if they found proof of a bomb!! Instead we should make the war head include bits of a car and regular explosives and when that same block blows up they find the pieces we left and think "Damn that was a weird car bomb."

Paul

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I would certainly love to know where its going, or more importantly, how its getting there; warping space? Light speed? super-position?

very strange.

also why would they release the information that they dont know when its coming back?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by primoaurelius
I would certainly love to know where its going, or more importantly, how its getting there; warping space? Light speed? super-position?

very strange.

also why would they release the information that they dont know when its coming back?

I think the speculation that its giong somewhere else doesn't make much sense. Even before I saw other people saying it was a weapon I thought it was. I mean if you believe what they have released about it's size and shape alone then I can't imagine it going to Mars or Phobos or having magical hyperspace technology. I mean if your going to send it anywhere exotic you'd have more cargo room at least. As for why they don't say when its coming back, that is a perfect cover. If its true and its essentially a bomber, and your going to put more up there, you woudl rather have people think you've only got one up there. And you could stick more up there and any time smoeone sees one you just say, "Yeah that's the same one, we didn't bring it back yet." Surely they'd use stealth technology to shield it from the Russians and Chinese, but in case they do spot one of the many momentarily they could think its just the same one.

Paul

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Orbital drones. Hmm. I bet they can loiter in orbit longer than any drone that operates in the atmosphere.

Imagine if we have numerous orbital drones, just sitting up there in stand by mode.

As soon as we needed to take out a satellite, intercept a ballistic missile, recon an area, or fire a rod from god, we just wake one of them up from hibernation.

I was thinking the very same thing. "Don't know when it will come back" No food required, No oxygen required. No $5.000 toilets to fix. Yup good luck waiting for it's return people.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulism

Originally posted by primoaurelius

very strange.

I think the speculation that its giong somewhere else doesn't make much sense. Even before I saw other people saying it was a weapon I thought it was. I mean if you believe what they have released about it's size and shape alone then I can't imagine it going to Mars or Phobos or having magical hyperspace technology. I mean if your going to send it anywhere exotic you'd have more cargo room at least. As for why they don't say when its coming back, that is a perfect cover. If its true and its essentially a bomber, and your going to put more up there, you woudl rather have people think you've only got one up there. And you could stick more up there and any time smoeone sees one you just say, "Yeah that's the same one, we didn't bring it back yet." Surely they'd use stealth technology to shield it from the Russians and Chinese, but in case they do spot one of the many momentarily they could think its just the same one.

Paul

it could also be a test of some kind, like them secretly testing some new propulsion system or something. if it is a hyperspace/superposition/light speed something rather test it would make sense to me that they wouldnt put any cargo or passangers because its just a test. of corse it may not be a test. also it wouldnt make sense to send it to somewhere like mars or europa, etc because we can already do that. we've already been there done that.

or maybe they really didnt intend for it to come back, like the voyager program but on a bit of a more secret scale.

personally i hope they really do have some kind of intersteller propulsion, or spacetime warping divice. i'd like to get to the business of exploring other planets already, living planets, not friggen giant rocks and balls of rust.

it doesnt really make sense to me that they would say "well we dont know when its coming back" as a cover. i mean these people have no problem lying to our faces with a blank "no comment" response, or giving us some elaborate hoax with all kinds of "factual" evidence. also if its a secret weapon why would they be giving us information about it, why no just deny its existance like the stealth bomber.

but i could be wrong. it is obviously something, and something new, i just hope with my optimistic mind that it is something that can be used to better us and not destroy us. peace and love among mankind...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
reply to post by audas

I'm sorry, that makes no sense from a design standpoint.

The X-37 has a maximum duration (allegedly) of 270 days in orbit - it is not designed to stay up there indefinitely.

Bearing in mind that it takes days to prepare a launch, when a ballistic missile takes just minutes, why would you want to put a nuke in it, and how would it give you a 30 minute capability?

With the availability of submarine launched ballistic missiles, we can hit anywhere in the world within 60 minutes as it is.

This is plainly designed for something else.

The idea is to have two or three of these in permanent orbit - hence they are always no more than a very short time from ANYWHERE on earth - the craft can travel in space and enter the stratosphere - deploy their weapons and return to orbit.

This isn't speculation - this is something from senior military personnel - read it - it is from WIRED FOR WAR - by Peter Singer - it has been in the works for a long time.

Now yes we have UAV's however we do not have autonomous craft which can deliver a warhead to anywhere on earth and return to orbit OR return to earth for re-fueling - re-arming.

If people on here honestly think a submarine is going to be able to get within striking distance faster than a space vehicle then congratulations - whatever - it makes perfect sense that this is a test flight for this type of vehicle and they are nearing deployment phase - aside from all of that - it is an incredibly scary prospect that we are putting weapons in space -

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If I remember correctly the shuttle at about mach 25 makes its way around the Earth once every 45 minutes. So this thing could be overhead any target in 45 minutes or less. If they had two or three of them then divide by that number. Not sure how long it takes to go through the atmosphere, I'd think it wouldn't be more than 10 minutes. Seems like they could hit any target within 15-55 minutes. Now I don't know about hitting targets which aren't directly under this thing. They'd probably give it an orvbit that would pass over all the hotspots. Can you draw a line around the Earth that includes China, Russia, North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan???

Paul

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join