It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Launches Secretive Space Plane; 'We Don't Know When It's Coming Back'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Havent seen this posted yet. Could it be deploying one of these?

SWEETJEZUS! I'm glad this thing is on our side.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
also this video is highly relevant to everything here
made by one of our own ATS members-ignoranceisntbliss

Google Video Link

it explains globalization, world economics, the coming regional wars (possibly world war)
and technological innovation as it is involved.
amazing video, opened up my eyes, its a must see!

also his blog site:ignoranceisfutile

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Speeding up weapons systems was what the experts said...

What reason do we have to speed up on a weapons race? There's already enough nukes to wipe out this whole place
Seems to me that the good ol boys in the NASA want to put weapons in space. Yes , you might say, but this is the military.
Yes, I might say, but this is NASA.
Yes , one could conclude that they do collude

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I'm not saying it's a satellite weapon...My guess is that it is a spy satellite, and a very new gen one at that. Information is far more important right now, than having a weapon in space...and in the past, such "non-payload" missions are EXACTLY how (allegedly) they've launched such satellites...

If it is a satellite deployment vehicle, an 8' by 4' cargo bay would require a new generation of micro satellites, certainly possible, but by current standards of size they would represent a quantum leap in technology.

There would also have to be several of them for each launch, otherwise why the need for a deployment vehicle, you may as well just use the Atlas 5 for a single deployment. The X-37 could swoop around to location after location and deliver one in each spot.

That's certainly feasible, if the technology exists.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
It's the Air Force doing this, so it is designed to destroy, maim and kill.

Yeah, ain't it Glorious!

I love the smell of rocket fuel in the morning....

You gotta love having unquestionable aerospace dominance.

GO BLUE!!

BTW, we don't need no stinking windows. We gots glass cockpit. We sees out, yoos don't see in. You got it? You stinking got it?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Chakotay]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i'm hoping that there is a secret base on some distant planet, and that this mission is to stock said base with perishables because The Elite of our planet are about to blast off, leave us behind, and hide out. OH PLEASE let it be that! bye bye elite!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I think what you are missing here is that the X37-B is still in the testing phase, and once the testing is compleate it will be retired.

What will come next will be a scaled up final production model with a different name.

That's why it's an "X" plane. (eXpeiramental)

Think of how scaled composites built Spaceship One, but their production model Spaceship Two is bigger and can carry more people and overall payload.

So in other words the dimesions may seem small now, but this is just a test. I'm sure the finall version will be able to carry larger payloads.

On a side note though, I don't really understand why sats "need" to be so large. The answer is they don't. This isn't the 70's anymore. Think of how big computers were in the 80's and what they were capable of, and compare that to your average laptop. This is true for more than just computers. Take cameras for example. Remember those gigantic camers they use to have on Television sets? Now look at simple compact HD hand held video cameras.Look at your cell phone. Look at little spy cameras that are the size of the buttons on your shirt. I belive the idea that satellites need to be as large as VW bugs are now a myth. And before you say they need to be that big because of the fuel they carry and the rocket engines they use, I'd say think again. If the functional part of the sat is the size of a toaster instead of a school bus, then you don't need as much fuel to push it around

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Jones
The more I think about it the more humorous it is. So we've spent untold fortunes developing this new craft, oh yes its amazing we're testing it right now. What? No, I'm sorry... we actually don't know when its returning... someone call George this seems like it could have been important, George has no idea either huh. You know we'll have to get back to you on that one.

You have heard of disinformation haven't you. The Air Force is very good at playing deaf and dumb.

My guess is they know very well what it's doing and when it is going to be back.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
To begin, some of you already know I work for the "Lazy B". I am not allowed to get into specifics. I can mention that I work on the V-22 Osprey and another two programs. With this out of the way I will get to my point.

The spacecraft that was launched is only in a testing phase. It is having stress tests run on it and stage 1 capability tests. This has already been stated I'm sure so, sorry for regurgitating if it is.

Stage 1 of a program test is truly an infant set of tests. They will test items like the planes physics and how it reacts in the new space environment. This is important because up to this point everything has been on computers and previous space programs tests.

To put this in perspective the V-22 was in its stage 1 for many years until it reached stage 2. This new PROBE (yes I consider it a probe!), is not expected to come back. This is where I can speculate like the rest of you as to where it is headed and what it's mission is. There are also, for certain, several clones warming up to take it's place should it not make it back.

In my professional opinion I believe this probe is spying on other nations. To be specific; North Korea, Iran, Syria, Russia, and China. I also think the craft is already weaponized should it be called into action. Think airborne laser on the 747 but from space. Pretty bad ass right?! Example: Iran gets a hair up its butt and decides to Scud Israel. Upon launch this probe can detect where the launch came from and deal with the threat.

In conclusion I think this new weapon is just that, a new weapon in it's infancy stage. Do not under estimate its capability at this stage though, it packs a punch.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
very awesome to see this, did some research on it and came across this.
en.wikipedia.org...
wonder if that is what it will be used for.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
this just gave me hope for the future, that human beings wont die off as a stupid race that cant figure ou t"hey how do we travel through space?"

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE SIMPLE FAST ANSWER!!!!!

DONT QUESTION THIER MOTIVES, the american goverment is being "ordered" by something much much higher ..not really an order but you get the metaphore

Humans need this first step, dont question and say "they are in space they are going to start doing bad things" wah wah wah complain complain complain, i mean almost EVERYTHING they do someone complains well not this time baby no way.

Our first step is going to be a big one, by 2054 the quantum field generator will be created...then we will go much much fasted into other solar systems (think of it as a big ZOOM)

anyway rejoice, this is big news....btw for those who cant figure it out yet, we are already incontact with "aliens". just people would freak the # out if GOV told them EVERYTHING (because alot of people are simple minded and this would be too "SCARY" for them)

But these are differnt times, people are getting use to the idea of "aliens" (what a dumb ass name to call them) EI:preparing them through media outlets, such as video games movies, television, even commericals. just to get people use to the idea of "aliens" (really distant neighbours from far away planets)

and will be full public info in a few months (maybe a year or two) but yea humans ARE NOT DOOMED (well yes but we will evolve so TECHINALLY humans will die off)

SIMPLE FAST ANSWER: humans breed with alien buddies, make an even better race, and within 40 years we explore ALOT!!!! (lets just put it that way)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I would say it used for nukes. Who would you blame on a nuke from orbit. It would take some time to figure out whom it came from to counterstrike. Also with (if it has) advanced imagery technology it would be able to paint targets from space for earth based attacks on an enemy. Enemy couldnt destroy it from ground based missles, most likely.

Either that or its flying to our base on the dark side of the moon

Does it contain enough fuel to get to phobos?? i think probly not.. IMHO.

REAL ANSWER: It the same tech from the 80's movie "Real Genius" with Val kilmer

[edit on 23-4-2010 by djmolecular]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
America's space program is going black. This is just another example of it. I'm sure most of you have heard about Obama "privatizing" the space industry, and how NASA will now buy their tech from private companys. One of the biggest reasons for this is to keep everything secret. If the "spaceships" are built designed and operated by privare companys, and NASA just pays for tickets, then that tech becomes the intellectual property of said company, and they don't have to tell us anything about what they are working on and developing or how their equipment works.

I would go even further with your thought.

In his book "The Day After Roswell" Col. Corso, outlines this technique of feeding independent contractors with technology recovered from the Roswell crash, to use it and develop for our benefit. Military R&D in 60 would feed the contractors with the basic information and the idea, and allow them to further develop this certain idea. Than it becomes the contractor's intellectual property that they "developed" and no one has to worry about explaining where the certain new and "outside the box", technology came from.

Maybe the whole "privatization"of the space industry is designed to declassify some top secret, extraterrestrial technology, and introducing it as "our own", without the need of formal Disclosure.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A space based UAV that can stay up for 9 months at a time while doing normal surveillance. If and when a major crisis or threat occurs anywhere on earth it's mission can be altered immediately to respond without landing, refueling or relaunching. Just think of how easily something like this could just go disable a handful of enemy's satellites. Of course it can have other uses, but clearly a space based weapons management platform. A megalomaniacs wet dream.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I still tend to think this is primarily a "space truck" kind of thing, and is, as many have noted, still in a developmental phase.

As such, I sincerely doubt that anyone is going to risk other "classified" technologies aboard a carrier vehicle that hasn't yet proven itself. The "tests" that it is running on-orbit could well be related to these kinds of issues.

My background is with the space program, and you just don't put other restricted payloads in an unproven spacecraft, that if anything went wrong, could risk landing that "other" technology into the hands of foreign governments.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

As long as it doesn't contain any type of Weapons, who gives a rats.
Because doing so would violate the US's Treaty of Weapons in Space,
Not that that's stopped them breaking their own rules of engagement
before.The UN rules only apply to everybody else in the World except the
USA.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hey check out this link, about the Silbervogel.

Which is actually the origin of all of this.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks to the previous poster for bringing it up.

"Silbervogel, German for silver bird, was a design for a rocket-powered sub-orbital bomber aircraft produced by Eugen Sänger and Irene Bredt in the late 1930s."

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sorry this is a well known project - it is part of the Falcon project and was discussed by one of the worlds leading defense experts Peter Singer in his Book wired for war.

This craft is part of the militaries desire to be able to strike at any nation with nuclear weapons within 30 minutes.

the Falcon is an autonomous earth orbiting vehicle, it can re-enter the atmosphere and deploy a nuclear strike at any target on earth within 30 minutes - it can then return to orbit - or - return to earth and land for refueling and re-arming.

That is exactly what it is.

This is the result of the worlds PLEADS to NOT ARM SPACE - America flatly refused and in response China destroyed one of their satelites in orbit to demonstrate that they will simply shoot anything down if it is armed........I would not surprised to see this craft miraculously come down..

Anyway folks now you know.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReaver

I think your right. I had a thought that it would go to Phobos so that it could bring back a piece (artifact) and therefore we can say we own it and have the salvage rights to it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Unless you're going to have a high airburst, the time from de-orbit burn, through entry, to surface impact will usually be longer than 30 mins all by itself. Go to the Kennedy Space Center website and look at the Mission Timeline.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join