It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Launches Secretive Space Plane; 'We Don't Know When It's Coming Back'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
ICBM's are spacecraft, GPS is Military equipment. Space has been militarized from the start

russia tried it, who knows if it really crashed, china makes mini satellites that sneak up to our defense satellites and attempt to tamper with them, our defense satellites actually defend themselves, video footage had been declared NASA ufo's many time, but in reality they are satellite defense systems being tested.

www.astronautix.com...

Salyut 3

en.wikipedia.org...

"Self-defense" gun

Some sources claim that on January 24, 1975 (after the station was ordered to deorbit) trials of the on-board 23 mm Nudelmann aircraft cannon (other sources say it was a Nudelmann NR-30 30 mm gun) were conducted with positive results at ranges from 500 m to 3000 m. Cosmonauts had confirmed that a target satellite was destroyed in the test. Firings were conducted in the direction opposite to the station's velocity vector, in order to shorten the "orbital life" of the cannon's shells. A total of three firings were conducted during the flight of the Salyut 3.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

Let's hope it can destroy maim and kill the bad guys, because without little deterrents like these, Western civilization would long be gone, under the boots of tyrants and fanatics.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm not gonna read all pages and was late here. But my opinion and speculation is that as a drone, it can stay up there for a long time since there is no people on board that requires water or food. Also, it can put satellites up there and land back and put up more satellites quicker. Or it can act as a satellite itself before coming back down if requested. Can put up weapons as well. This is just a new unmanned space shuttle equivalent, but quicker and cheaper to do all the things like shuttles could do I believe.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I remember 8 or 9 years ago there was some person of importance stating on the MSM that at that time the U.S had a means to attack any country with a missile / missiles , and the only warning the targeted country would have would be the explosion going off.

For the life of me I can't remember who made this statement but it was carried on CNN .

If that statement was / is true then I am lead to believe that the U.S has had missiles in space that can launch on command for a long time now .

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

"when?" you don't suppose its some kind of time machine, do you?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The US gov just announced how many nukes we have which use to be a closely guarded secret. Could it be that nukes are now old tech and no longer as important as they use to be? Maybe this space plane's mission was a success and now they're ready to move ahead with something new that makes their nukes irrelevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join