It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Launches Secretive Space Plane; 'We Don't Know When It's Coming Back'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

By gollie I think you got it
... that crater on Phobos(Greek meaning fear) can be a real stinker and a dish sometimes
... all together now DEATH STAR
... how did the Lucas man know
... must of been a direct down load into the cerebral cortex from the main source of the grid of fear

Please don't hate the makers... hate the users than forgive them.

Peanut gallery; Whaaat! are you saying that... No it can't be... that's only in movies.

God... would there be a word of God if there was no money to print the book?;

I know that's not true because you can feel him.

In the time of the end and the beginning of the new... Truth and wicked MUST be revealed... now you can start to grab your popcorn... the greatest show in the universe is about to begin how lucky are you to get a free ticket and a chance to be apart of the action... 3D like you never seen it before because it bypasses the eyes and goes right to the?? well, I cant give the whole think away.

May peace be with us all... the greatest treasure in the multidimensional universe

Godspeed.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I feel that the phobos project would certainly aid our human survival by expanding our knowledge of the universe etc but i still have a feeling it is all to do with the 2012 new world order.

in the way that if we see things in the sky now then the media will just say what they are told and people believe what the media say. but i believe they could use what is happening now as a foundation to start the NWO but also i believe it could be a form of defense against UFO or other worldly beings or it could be used as a beacon to say we are here if we have made contact or recieved contact we could use these smaller "coupe shuttles" as tugs like we do in the sea here now...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It is basically a space "truck." If you want to take something up, it can do it. If you want to bring something down, it can do it. It likely has enough space inside its payload bay to carry satellites, even ones large enough to have the need for IUS engines (to give satellites the ability to launch themselves into much higher orbits.

There is a relative dearth of RCS thrusters, and the size of the single engine and fuel storage nearly precludes the idea of significant on-orbit maneuvering.

To my mind, this "space truck" would be similar to the introdcution of the Huey to the Army back in the Sixties. The UH-1 was a designated "utility" helicopter. This meant that while not designed for a specific purpose, it has the ability to be adapted to a large number of roles, depending on what the craft is being asked to do. That is why I would liken it to the Huey.

The Huey was created for helicopter evacuation of wounded and for the transport of supplies for the ground forces they were supporting. The UH-1's wide body was to allow a standard NATO litter to fit across the width of the cargo area. The cargo doors slid way back to allow for the easiest loading and unloading of the wounded. However, once this compact, sturdy, open-bay aircraft got into the inventory, the crews quickly realized how easily it could be reconfigured for a whole host of missions. Load some supplies and its the utility aircraft it was designed to be. Exchange those supplies for soldiers, and now you have a craft that can load up troops and get them to a sudden skirmish in a hurry. Hook up some M-60 machine guns and they become a firing platform that can lay down a withering fire for close air support. Strap on some rocket pods to each side and now you have a highly-mobile artillery platform. Give the pilots some night vision goggles and you can combine several elements into a night operations aircraft that can reach most regional targets for ground attack, troops insertions, medical evacuations, re-supply missions, and could be transformed into as many other types of mission-ready choppers as the ground crews could handle.

In a similar fashion, this spacecraft, that appears so bland on the outside, could be easily adapted to missions of transport, re-supply, evacuation of the ISS or other manned space programs, whether known to the general public or not. They could have surveillance equipment loaded onto it and became the greatest eye-in-the-sky system ever devised. Place conventional HE bombs aboard and it could rain a sudden "burst" of ground attack weapons to virtually any location on the planet. Switch to particle beam accelerators, rail-guns, advanced laser emitters, or whatever flavor of super-high-tech weapons you might imagine, and if the U.S. has it, that space system could be used to destroy anything from enemy tanks on the ground, to enemy aircraft over any airspace you would choose, to low-Earth orbital satellites, to massive geo-synchronous satellites that could be used to support any actions favorable to your enemy. Load nuclear war.s aboard and escalate your options for massive destruction. Aim those advanced weapons systems into the blue skies over any enemy country and you could eliminate the possibility of that nation launching ballistic missiles toward you country, or toward the lands of any allied nations. Tick us off and we simply remove the ballistic missile shield from your home, and we can transform international political decision-making.

It may be a simple "space truck," but what all can you haul in an 18-wheeler?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It is a standard engineering principle called a testbed, which is how one tests subsystems to be advanced and developed and later used on future projects.

Since this appears to be a miniature orbiter, which is apparently testing the reentry algorithms and subsystems used to bring the craft back home to a landing. Robotic-ally.

I don't see a lot of weaponry based design objectives here.
But more of a UAV/Robotically controlled craft.

I see it as an future replacement shuttle craft to ferry supplies to and from the International Space Station.

It would save alot of Money in the long run to use a robotic craft vs manned missions for every supply mission used to ferry food and garbage back from space station.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think this thing addresses the biggest problem with current spy satellites...predictability. The current birds in orbit only have so much fuel to maneuver, responding to threats as they come up. A good bit of the US spy birds are even up on the internet, and any country with half-decent optical, radar, and IR tracking can find the others. This is probably a platform for sensor packages to remain in orbit for some amount of time, having plenty of fuel for surprise maneuvers over enemies, and then it's brought back down to refuel. Look at the size of the fuel tank, the size of the payload bay, the reported mission time, and think about how many burns can be done in that amount of time compared to over years with current satellites. I think the payloads stay on-board this thing, it just flips on its back and exposes the payload bay to the ground. I can't see something this small having payload release and capture systems in addition to the payload...but hey, they've been doing a lot of work that we don't know about.

I bet they're looking for this to provide "surprise" capability within minutes instead of hours (with other classified flyover systems in operation now). I also bet the total mission cost is much less compared to other systems...

All just guesses..

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
After pondering the complexities of this particular "space mission," I think I finally have it figured out. Again, this is only a theory, but I believe it warrants some merit.

Back in the early 1960's, right around the hight of the cold war, the government decided that there needed to be a permanent colony built in space. This hypothetical "space city" would orbit the earth and house dignitaries in case of nuclear attack. Eventually, due to lack of funds caused by the escalation of the Vietnam Conflict, the plan was scrapped...or so it would seem. Fast forward to 1979. The Vietnam War was at an end (as far as U.S. citizens knew, of course), the cold war starting to ebb, and NASA had completed building their secret "space shuttles." Granted, the shuttle program didn't go into effect until 1982, they had the crafts ready to go. One of the shuttles had a flaw so it was flown via 747 to the UK. That shuttle mysteriously disappeared and we still have no idea where it went...until now. Ladies and gentlemen of ATS, I, SeditiousDissent, have single handedly uncovered the plot behind NASA's need for a new spacecraft. It undoubtedly has laser-grade weapons and possible MRBM's in it's payload. The nations of the world are at war with a terrifying enemy in space. This entity will spread a deadly nerve agent derived from an amazon plant, over the entire globe while "space city" (that;s right, the once scrapped NASA project) is in orbit, killing off the entire earth bound human race. He is, of course, this man...

That's right! The evil tycoon Hugo Drax! Together he and his master race aim to destroy us all, but with the new Boeing X-37, America (with a little help from the British) will defeat this vile monster.

Also, the authorities are looking for this man...

His name is Jaws. He kills people.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Three words..... Rods From God.

Boom

I imagine they would be good for bunker busting....for example, Iran's nuclear program.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Zenagain]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Orbital drones. Hmm. I bet they can loiter in orbit longer than any drone that operates in the atmosphere.

Imagine if we have numerous orbital drones, just sitting up there in stand by mode.

As soon as we needed to take out a satellite, intercept a ballistic missile, recon an area, or fire a rod from god, we just wake one of them up from hibernation.

Whoever controls space by the mid 21st century will control the planet.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
lol... a perpetual hovering survielance system loaded to the gills with high grade plutonium and a nose cone triggering system based upon impact.... that, when initiated, will re enter Earth's atmosphere and nose dive into whatever country wants some! Well, it gets some!

interesting post - thanks !

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Whoever controls space by the mid 21st century will control the planet.

*snippin* straight man. We now have the power to blow your communications out of the sky, we can target you where ever you run, you can't hide from a drone in space

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What if....it's something simple...like putting it up there to see how the technology works...to see how long it can stay up there??? Maybe it's not a secret at all..maybe it's just a launch to test new tech?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Nukes? Your thinking 20th century. Bet its got the new orbital laser weapons. Who needs nukes when you can zap everything from orbit. Welcome to the 21st century folks. Ray guns from on high, and best of all its a drone craft no pilots. No pilots to die. ::see all the elite military brass passing out cigars and cheering::

woot!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Heres an interesting link for you all. I was going to start a new thread but i feel compelled to add this to the current thread. Yeah you may think its off topic but to me there are many things that seem to be very relevant to place it here in more ways than 1. Please be patient and read the article.
I think the answer lies within.
www.google.co.uk... ines&ei=z_rRS-DPGo3w0wSE-ujhDQ&usg=AFQjCNEkL2dJS1djlkCzNP9Vhstg1Uj-Zg

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Maybe stationary orbit above Iran and............kaboem.
I hope this thing will crash very soon.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by DatdanWeerWel]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

You are right about the laser technology but the weapons will not be offensive. It will be used as an anti-missle defense system. ICBMs will be vaporized by lasers mounted on the craft before they can reenter the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
hmmm maby they are planing on a new space program SIMILAR TO STAR TREK LOL whatever the case with all that money they are spending on it we should at least have some clue whats its mission & purpose etc.....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thanks to the USA taxpayers, again a piece off junk in space....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hell, maybe they're not using it to experiment, maybe they're using it as a "ride" to pick something up, and bring something back to Earth. Ever heard that one "Area 51" call on Art Bell's radio program? Maybe this is the "precursor to the space program" that that one man was talking about, possibly he was a precog and that he saw this in the future...

Either way, something is very wrong here...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
America's space program is going black. This is just another example of it. I'm sure most of you have heard about Obama "privatizing" the space industry, and how NASA will now buy their tech from private companys. One of the biggest reasons for this is to keep everything secret. If the "spaceships" are built designed and operated by privare companys, and NASA just pays for tickets, then that tech becomes the intellectual property of said company, and they don't have to tell us anything about what they are working on and developing or how their equipment works.

This is another example of taking space black. While private companys will soon be able to take over basic stuff like sending people to ISS they are not yet ready to build something like the space shuttle. So here we have the X37B. It fufills the roll and is kept secret. And yes it is secret. No one but the serious debunkers, skeptics, and yes-men will say otherwise. Seriously, look at credible web sites and news sources. They all say this is a secret vehichle. We know what it looks like and a few other details, but that's it. I don't even know what to say to the people claiming this isn't a secret space plane. It most deffinately is.

I like how in an earlier post ignorethefacts said the aroura never existed and that his proof was that there was no need for it. REALLY!?! Then why build this. I don't know if aroura is real or not but there is obviously a need, or else the X37b wouldn't be up in space right now.

Some in this thread have wondered if they will eventually make a piloted version. Why? What do you need a pilot for? Supposedly the US is moving in a direction where all space craft will be human rated, and I'm sure this is no exception. Just build a little crew compartment stick it in the cargo bay and there you go... but there is no need for a pilot. Pilots are soon to be a thing of the past. I wonder how much longer before passenger planes are unmanned. It probably will not be very long before the captain of your flight to your favorite vacation spot is a droid. 5 maybe 10 years. I'd be suprised if it actually took that long. My point is that, it doesn't need a pilot so don't dissmiss this as lame or pathetic or unimpressive. This is the future.

What's super interesting about this though is that it can bring things back from space. What will they bring back? We won't know because this is not a NASA craft, it's a classified millitary craft. So what do they need to be so secretive about that they are bringing back from space? I'm sure ATS will have tons of good threads about this in the future.

And for those saying this isn't a war machine, please give me a slow heart attack. Are you kidding? of course it is. The reference to the Huey helicopter made in an earlier post was excellent (star for that). This thing can do just about anything you could possibly want it to. It could capture enemy satellites like something out of a James Bond movie. It could release classified sats capable of god knows what (rods from god anyone). About the only thing I can think of that it couldn't do would be to go beyond low Earth orbit. Some in this thread have said it could go to Phobos. I don't think so... but a seperate craft released from the X37b's payload bay might be able to. In fact that's just the type of thing this is designed to do. The possabilities are endless.

This thing is super cool, but also pretty creepy. I don't know wether to jump for joy or run for the hills.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My vote goes to EXTREMELY mobile spy platform. No more being tied to the orbit of a spy satellite. No waiting until an available satellite is over what you want to look at. If it has the capability of taking out other satellites, so much the better.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join