It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by damn_ummmm
Ummmm guys I've just been doing some research on Eyjafjallajökull and came across this image.. all I can say is.. it's been nice knowing you all...

Hell..?
Image source

Maybe... Maybe Not posted a pic of this in another ATS thread

Shows a pic of the 'face' next to the face on the Denver Airport mural - spooky!

i40.tinypic.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The Horse at Denver is quite intriguing... News Reports in the UK said that the ash plume isn't rising as high can anyone concur?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Times online said
timesonline.typepad.com...

"There is no guarantee that the situation will not revert to what was happening Thursday-Sunday, but there are grounds for cautious optimism," said Dr Rothery.

counter that with this 7 hours ago
english.cctv.com...

if you ask this thing wont die out its only got started.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8d976f569ef.jpg[/atsimg]

I think this is a supremely surreal image

latest from vodafony

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I quite agree

Quite a surreal image.. thanks for sharing..

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IanC99000310

Hi IanC - Reuters seems to concur re the ash height dropping substantially:

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
from this web cam about 5 minutes ago

www.mulakot.net...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f24875be57bb.jpg[/atsimg]

and then I played around with brightness and contrast and color a little

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/446b7805bd8d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Fantastic views from helicopter of yesterday's action.. great shots!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
What I don't understand is that the ash might be significantly reducing in volume but what is going on inside the volcano(s) itself is increasing, look at those graphs!

www.simnet.is...

and

hraun.vedur.is...

what is happening there? is that more magma movement deep down coming to the surface, is she gonna blow big style or is this normal behaviour?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The more dense ashcloud from yesterday should be covering half of the UK about this time:

new ash cloud

[edit on 19-4-2010 by broli]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Navy fleet to rescue stranded UK nationals, Gordon Brown says

After a meeting of Cobra, the Government's emergency planning committee in Whitehall, the Prime Minister announced that HMS Ark Royal and HMS Ocean were being made available to help thousands of Britons stranded, most notably in France.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Can anyone help me understand the following tremor chart (of I beleive Katla) since it is showing increased activity from yesterday while it is being reported in the MSM that activity is decreasing??

Anyone able to help me understand what it might mean?

hraun.vedur.is...

Would be happy to hear I am reading the charts wrongly

many thanks

edit to add the other 2 links I've been following (of I beleive Eyjafjallajökull)
hraun.vedur.is...
hraun.vedur.is...

edit for clarity since I got myself back to front writing this

[edit on 19/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posts and charts on that page might help ya

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I had been following it, but lost my place in the thead... Must bookmark where I am *shakes head*

Thank you, your very kind
it does indeed help..

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here's the latest on Katla:

Locals Believe Katla Volcano in Iceland Near Eyjafjallajokull Will Erupt in Seven Days
The eruptions and ash disturbance from the Eyjafjallajokull volcano might be waking up its neighbor, Katla. If this is the case, the results could be globally devastating. Activity at Katla has risen 200% in the last two days.

Full article here:
scienceray.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop
Here's the latest on Katla:

Locals Believe Katla Volcano in Iceland Near Eyjafjallajokull Will Erupt in Seven Days
The eruptions and ash disturbance from the Eyjafjallajokull volcano might be waking up its neighbor, Katla. If this is the case, the results could be globally devastating. Activity at Katla has risen 200% in the last two days.

Full article here:
scienceray.com...

Were does Laki play into all this? Im at work and different volcano's keep being mentioned. I thought it was Laki that posed the potential climate changing... doomsday type mini scenario?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't know Ian. From reports it seems Katla poses the most imminent danger at this point. Laki has a history of causing major damage, but right now it's not the most pressing issue.

Laki volcano erupted in 1783, sending massive amounts of lava, ash and poisonous gases into the air for eight months. Much larger than Eyjafjallajökull's eruption, the Laki blast killed half of Iceland's livestock and triggered a famine that, along with fluorine poisoning, killed one-quarter of Iceland's population.

source:www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop

I don't know Ian. From reports it seems Katla poses the most imminent danger at this point. Laki has a history of causing major damage, but right now it's not the most pressing issue.

Laki volcano erupted in 1783, sending massive amounts of lava, ash and poisonous gases into the air for eight months. Much larger than Eyjafjallajökull's eruption, the Laki blast killed half of Iceland's livestock and triggered a famine that, along with fluorine poisoning, killed one-quarter of Iceland's population.

source:www.usatoday.com...

how reliable is the source? i gotta find more infor on this.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Laki did indeed cause such devastation, but it's important to remember that the flourine content of the eruption materials is being monitored, and we'd likely be warned well in advance not to let livestock graze in poisoned areas, and not to eat any poisoned livestock. (People really didn't understand what was going on in the 1700s.)

Edited to add informative wikipedia link:
en.wikipedia.org...

Again, this is Laki and not Katla. Also, many of these effects (even the widespread volcanic fog) could be gotten around if we understand what is happening early enough and take precautions. It must have been absolutely horrific to be alive at that time and I'm grateful I'm here now.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by quakewatcher]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A photo 4/19 at dawn near the eruption area by Iceland photographer Gunnar Gestur. This album is quite stunning.
www.flickr.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join